Nep MUGEN Releases: Taiga Released

Nep Heart

miyako1.png

miyako2.png
miyako3.png
miyako4.png
miyako5.png
miyako6.png

Miyako is here to prove the power of Bajiquan to the MUGEN world! This is also my very first character with an actual custom AI, so, you won't have a watch mode pushover for once. With that done, this will be the last character I will be releasing for a while as I'll be mostly just do updates/possible AI patches in the meantime.

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DiiCSJjrHUoppZ82Uu?e=TTwBpf

Updates:

All characters:

- Minimum damage scaling decreased to 10% for normals and specials, although all supers have their mininum damage scaling raised to 40%.
- Significantly decreased power gain on hit and on block across the board.
- Fixed Burst knockback by removing the small gap that allowed for OTGs.
- Fixed a detection error for Gold Burst.
- Standardized pre-wallbounce velocities and launcher recovery times.
- Introduced Gold Mode (however, only Miyako has it atm).

Puella Magi characters:

- Revised Magia Overflow.
- Passive meter gain disabled while performing supers.
- Magia Shield causes hard knockdown on both grounded and standing targets.

Touhou Project characters:

- Removed power requirement for Spell Card Mode. Spell Mode also now has passive power gain.
- Slight revision for Brave Guard.

SNK characters:

- Rolls and air dodges cross more distance.

Kadokawa characters:

- Blast now restores 200 life on hit and 50 life on block.
- Reflection Guard cost reduced to 250 to compensate for lowered meter gain.
- Passive meter gain disabled while performing supers.

Eternal Fighter Zero characters:

- Instant Charge now recovers a minor amount of life and power.
- Reduced healing from Recoil Guard, but now occurs every time it's successful as opposed to every 5 successes.
- Fixed Recoil Guard velocity bug.
- Fixed bug that sometimes made Instant Charge unblockable.

Sayaka Miki:

- Fixed visual error in Prestissimo.
- The x version of Squartatore is now semi-safe on block, y version is now air unblockable and z version now goes farther in zoomed stages.
- Made it so that speed buff occurs outside of Allegro mode and relies solely on Allegro points instead.
- j.2y has more hit velocity, allowing for more consistent follow-ups on hit and block.
- Increased horizontal reach of launcher.

Hieda no Akyuu:

- Both x and y versions of Renbuken are speed up.
- Miare Setsugetsuka has increased hitbox size and slightly higher damage.
- All versions of Miare Missile have paintbrushes spread increased, giving them effectively larger space coverage.

Homura Akemi

- Artillery Strike damage slightly reduced and incurs increased damage scaling, but has increased number of hits to help it and AT-4 overcome guts more easily to compensate.
- Fixed a few misaligned hitsparks.
- Mark XIX Desert Eagle's version x, both ground and air, as well as her C4 counter are no longer affected by most anti-projectiles.
- Fixed bug in Rebellion that made it put helpers in custom state.
- Fixed FN Minimi float bug.
- Fixed bug in all versions of L16 that caused it to be unblockable if it hits on frame 1.
- AT-4 has increased damage scaling.
- Rebellion is less affected by damage scaling.
- Bullets from 6.z have slightly reduced frame advantage.
- Time Stop Special now renders all of Homura's attacks unblockable in its duration.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Dash and back hop speeds slightly increased.
- All versions of Ren-Gekki-Shuu sans EX version have less start-up time, increased velocity and capable of plowing through single hit projectiles. Also has more pushback on block, making it harder to punish.
- Shajou-Tai has less end lag on whiff and is completely invulnerable to throws throughout, but reduced ivulnerability against standard strikes and projectiles to compensate.
- Dash attack has increased travel distance.

Mio Kouzuki:

- Fixed bug in j.2z (Short Range) in which Mio would regain control mid-descent.
- Slight speed increase in all Short Range mode normals.
- Slight guardstun decrease on a few Long Range normals.
- Now has a standing overhead normal in Short Range mode.
- All versions of Shikigami Tamer adjusted; The x version has less endlag, but does less damage and has less frame advantage to compensate. The y version is safer and has increased damage. The Reinforced version does more damage, travels slightly faster and has substantially higher guardstun.
- All versions of Onmyouji have faster descent upon reaching peak height and decreased landing lag.
- Little Match Girl versions x and y have decreased guardstun.

Doppel Nanase:

- Fixed hit velocities on all variations of Maiden Typhoon.
- Fixed Maiden Volcannon's off-screen properties for zoomed stages.
- Parry now has suction effect when successful. Parry renamed to Deflect.
- All versions of Maiden Fire are now air unblockable and have slightly larger hitboxes.
- Maiden Capture x has reduced start-up and Maiden Capture y has reduced cooldown.

Nayuki Minase:

- Fixed protection inconsistencies with Keropi Shield.
- Fixed Minase Spring Cleaning's knockback inconsistencies.
- Snow Bunnies orbit Nayuki faster, can no longer be affected by reflectors and render Nayuki immune to projectiles while they're active.
- When summoned by Nayuki, Keropi's new trajectory tracks opponent's last position now.
- Somersault Spike y version is now air unblockable.

Mai Kawasumi:

- Single Stroke no longer pauses juggle timer. Damage increased to compensate.
- Slightly higher frame advantage with all versions of Scatter.
- Closing Ground version y's non-held version sets Mai farther from her starting position.

Archive:

For my collections thread, visit here (which also details mechanics for an extra bonus):

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/nep-heart-depository-186018.0.html

Some important updates were made just about now. I am aware that there is a recently discovered bug with the guts system on the first hit, but that one's got me stumped in all honestly and I may need to consult a more experienced coder to help me out with it.

All characters:

- Fixed bug that caused characters to fail in retaining momentum while jumping after a dash.

Peulla Magi characters

- Increased endlag from a successful Magi Shield.

Sayaka Miki:

- Numerous graphical and sound fixes/improvements.
- Fixed error in which Grandioso persisted after hitting a helper.

Homura Akemi:

- Numerous graphical and sound fixes/improvements.
- Guard damage reduced for Artillery Strike (although still very high as intended).
- Added a precaution to Rebellion's custom state.

Miyako Arima:

- Removed infinite caused by custom state errors.
- Fixed button-held charge time for 5.z and both x and y versions of Sen-Shippo.
- Fixed errors for a few Ex Specials failing to deduct power on use.
- Tweaked AI.

22 hours ago, Disins said:

Holn released patches for you Mio, Nayuki and now Mai: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7BB50F9EA9D9BECD!105&cid=7BB50F9EA9D9BECD

look up for ''Mio_AI(mugen 1.1), Mai_AI(mugen 1.1), Nayuki_AI(mugen 1.1)''

Hope this is of any help.

Thanks. I actually am aware of Mio and Nayuki's AI since Holn has approached me a few months ago on them, although Mai seems to be very recent. Seeing as I have been doing AI myself since the last month, I may check them out and possibly use them as a base for my own attempt at their AI (I do have a few issues with Holn's AI, mainly the habit of blocking a lot more than necessary).

They always have been very block heavy(probably due to the fact he likes challenging AIs in the big majority of his works) and i think you can configure the AI level, but the perfect blocking behavior is turned on by default anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not that I think blocking a lot makes the AI harder. If anything, I think blocking a lot makes the AI a lot more exploitable instead since they're more susceptible to chip damage and unblockables. It's why I made it so that Miyako's AI had a balance in how much she would block to avoid those pitfalls.

Anyway, finally got that accursed guts bug (mostly) fixed, that was a 2 week ordeal I had to struggle with. Now with that said, other updates were done, too, for slightly better external balance and better overall internal balance.

All characters:

- Revised Counter Hit; damage bonus and damage scaling mitigation reduced down to 10%, but now 250 power is also rewarded on hit to compensate.
- Fixed Guts system bug that caused characters to have their life reduced by 50% on every first hit instead of reducing damage by 50% when reaching the minimum threshold.
- Standardized Burst blast FX.
- Standardized juggle expiration FX.
- Standardize Guard Crush FX.
- Many heavy normals, specials and supers now cause a slightly more noticable rumble on hit to give them better impact.

- Fixed Brave Guard bug that would sometimes cause it not to recognize directional input being released.

SNK characters:

- EX Specials have their command remapped to "a" command to keep it consistent with other Series Abilities. Hyper Drive Mode command has also been changed to accommodate.
- Hyper Drive Mode no longer grants extra air dash and mid-air jump; replaced with Guard Crush damage being increased instead.

Kadokawa characters:

- Fixed error in Reflection Gaurd guard cost timing. Reflection Guard can also now be done outside of guardstun at a gradual power cost.
- Remapped commands for Reflection Guard to "a" and Blast to "D+a" to keep it consistent with other Series Abilities.
- Power Blast now increases Guard Crush damage.

Melty Blood characters:

- Fixed Shielding flaw that made it fail to recognize unorthodox projectile state controllers.

Homura Akemi:

- Increased damage scaling for numerous moves.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Fixed angle for Nagai-Furi Muki.
- Tenshou-Ranki is now air unblockable.
- A number of normals have their damage reduced.
- j.2z now causes hard knockdown on grounded targets.

Nayuki Minase:

- Reduced damage for all normals except for all light attacks, dash attack and throws.
- Super Nayu-Chan Kick, Surface-to-Air Freezer and Memories With Snow Bunnies have reduced damage.
- Surface-to-Air Freezer can combo into itself now and frozen target falls faster to allow for better juggle timing. Damage scaling compensated.
- Special Collection's clocks have a hitbox on their way down and cause hard knockdown. Also, clocks have a wider spread when they land now.

Mai Kawasumi:

- Fixed error in Closing Ground version y having improper positioning when followed up.

Miyako Arima:

- Corrected error in bouncing rocks still in movetype = A even after their hitbox expired.
- Fixed super armor glitch.
- Fixed some tripping animation quirks.
- Sen-Shippo partially charged version has decreased damage, but full charged has increased damage. Damage scaling also increased.
- EX version of Shin-Kyaku's duration reduced in half.
- Most normals have their damage reduced.
- Damage scaling slightly increased for all standing normals.
- Ground and air throws have increased damage.
- Critical damage bonus increased from 15% to 20%. 
- Tweaked AI.

• 3 weeks later...

this is actually a pretty big update since custom buffering is something that was overdue for my characters, which means they'll now be easier to control...

All characters:

- the b button now doubles as a shortcut for x+y+z.
- Implemented Vans' custom command buffering system.
- Updated lv3 superpause aesthetics.
- Reduced juggle timer restoration caused by superpause.
- Ground and wall bounces as well as wall splats are now assisted with a specialized hitsound and hitspark.

- Other misc. aesthetic fixes.

- Tweaked Guts system calculation so as to make it so that lower life values reach defense boost thresholds earlier than higher life values, although the 50% defence boost maximum still applies regardless of life value.

Puella Magi characters:

- Magica Boost can be used outside of Magia Overflow, but at a higher cost. Damage scaling mitigation also increased, but only during Magia Overflow.

SNK characters:

- Can only air dodge once before touching the ground or after getting hit.

Kadokawa characters:

- Reduced passive power gain in Power Blast mode.
- Damage scaling mitigation in Combo Blast mode reduced to 5%.
- Fixed error that caused Blast trigger to activate too late.

- All power, life and damage bonuses scale more properly with the Reinforce gauge.
- Removed frame advantage bonus from Reinforce scaling.

Melty Blood characters:

- Max Mode grants 10% damage scaling mitigation at the start of combos.

Sayaka Miki:

- Added j.6z.
- j.2y has increased landing lag on whiff.
- Fixed Allegro mode error in which it will sometimes ignore power requirements.
- Affettuoso is disabled while Allegro is active.

Homura Akemi:

- Replaced all blood sparks with heavy hitsparks/guardsparks for standardization.
- Reduced damage for a few normals.
- Mark XIX Desert Eagle version y's bullet will now disappear if Homura is hit.
- Both versions of Stringer will force the missile to stop homing and dive straight towards the ground if Homura is hit. The z version's missile is made to travel faster as well as now allowing two Stinger missiles out at once to compensate.
- A brief pause occurs during Spatial Movement and "c" by itself won't trigger the move, both to reduce chances of misinputs.

Hotaru Futaba:

- 6y and j.2z (latter on grounded targets only) now cause hard knockdown.
- Reduced the amount of normals that can be jump canceled on block.
- Tenshin-Shou version y retooled to be a combo starter or ender as opposed to a combo extender. Removed OTG capability.
- Reduced damage for Soushou-Tenrenge and Yulhana-Tensho. Both supers also have less resistance to damage scaling.
- Tenshou-Ranki's energy arc from Hotaru's rise is now capable of OTGing.
- Tweaked frame data.

Mio Kouzuki:

- Adventurer version z has increased damage.
- All versions of Red Hood now have a hitbox that drags the opponent with Mio when used in the air.
- Reinforce version of Red Hood goes farther.

Nayuki Minase:

- 5x now OTGs.
- 5z can no longer be jump canceled on block.
- Reduced frame advantage for a few normals.
- Second ground bounce from j.2z and ground bounce from dash attack verion z are now made into a unique hit slide.
- Dash attack version y has Nayuki hop slightly higher, allowing for cross-ups against some characters.
- Dash attack version z has its damage reduced, but now allows for better combo follow-ups against the corner due to new knockdown effect.

Miyako Arima:

- A few normals can no longer be jump canceled on block.
- Chou-Shinchuu version y has slightly more start-up and has an additional SFX at the start of the move to make it more telegraphed.
- Tweaked AI; now scales with difficulty level found in MUGEN's option menu.

With that said, the addition of Vans' Tiny Buffering means that a lot of characters under CPU control will be disabled from the majority of their actions beyond walking and jumping, so, the default AI will even be less challenging as if they already weren't to begin with. So, I'll eventually have to update every character to have custom AI seeing Miyako is the only one who has it atm... not that it matters, MUGEN's default AI is garbage and it doesn't concern me that much.

• 1 month later...

reisen1.png

reisen2.png
reisen3.png
reisen4.png
reisen5.png
reisen6.png

Reisen makes a mind-shattering entry into the MUGEN foray. Don't blink or you might miss it. On the subject, I've always wanted to make another Touhou character and this helps with the issue of Akyuu feeling so lonely. This is also my second attempt at doing custom AI and, unlike my previous attempt, Reisen has adjustable difficulty levels that scale to MUGEN's difficulty option right out of the door. Enjoy!

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikQDgFL_CqXOKSO1Y?e=CM2vbZ

As a tradition to keep characters consistent, everyone's been updated of course.

all characters:

- Tweaked minimal damage scaling.
- Fixed a bug where projectiles became unblockable if they attempt to custom state helpers.
- Change commands for guard cancel counter and guard cancel dash.
- Fixed guard cancel counters from counting as counter hits.
- Reduced liedown time.
- The ability to truly (IAD) instant air dash has been added.
- Standardized jump start frames to 3.
- Fixed wall jump bug that occurred by increasing height needed to perform one.
- Changed ground and air only state indications in all Read Me text files.
- Burst now fills up gauge by 1/3 on hit and changed its restoration formula.
- Changed the way Burst's knockback functions.
- Changed Burst icon.
- Certain health recovery Series Abilities now are made to recover life based on "recoverable health" complete with a recoverable life (red health) meter that shows up while in hitstun.
- Upgraded super background FX.
- New mechanic; Dash Bonus.
- All characters are now made compatible with my Reisen and Vans' Chizuru concerning sealing supers.
- Throw teching made less lenient against human players and AI alike.
- Readjusted guard cancel commands due to confliction with special and super commands.
- Corrected a minor timer quirk in custom command buffer.

Puella Magi characters:

- Fixed Magia Shield's invulnerability from being delayed.
- Magia Overflow no longer resets to full between rounds.

- Fixed Brave Guard's invulnerability from being delayed.
- Reduced meter gain, super cost reduction and health restortiin from Spell Mode.

SNK Characters:

- Hyper Drive gauge no longer resets to full from Hyper Drive Mode between rounds.

- Fixed Recoil Guard's invulnerability from being delayed.

Melty Blood:

- Blood Heat gauge no longer resets between rounds, recoverable health has been reduced to compensate.

Sayaka Miki:

- Allegro healing now pauses while in hitstun.

Hieda no Akyuu:

- Fixed issue where pause upon reaching Record Level Max can be canceled into supers.
- Added Gold Mode.

Hotaru Futaba:

- Overhauled all versions of Hakki-Shou including super version.
- A number of specials have less ending/landing lag and some of those have increased damage.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Corrected Kyon's hitboxes.

Miyako Arima:

- Added AI indication icon.
- Go-Keiken versions x and y are now techable.
- Increased dash speed.
- Significantly reduced dizzy status time for shielded lv3.
- Corrected issue with hurt sounds not playing.

Quick update for Reisen to address various issues.

- Corrected various aesthetic goof-ups.
- Corrected bug that cause all versions of Illusory Blast to aim in reverse.
- Fixed AI oversight concerning super cancels.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed her. Kinda unfortunate timing since I just updated every character to address some feedback from last night. And no, the guts system is not going away, so, people can stop whining about that already.

All Characters:

- Increased damage scaling on all normals substantially, all non-throw normals have damage increased by roughly 10% and lv3 supers now have a minimal threshold of 75% to compensate.
- Meter gain slightly increased.
- Reduced envshake on all attacks that have it.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Increased damage for SOS Live to 400.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

- Reduced frame advantage on many specials and Lunatic Blast.
- Demotivation now takes away less power on contact.
- Reduced Demotivation's sealing duration to 5 seconds.
- Fixed AI bug that made it randomly freeze after landing.

Just made a big oof from leaving a big oversight in Miyako while updating her. Made a quick update to correct that glaring issue.

- Fixed Blood Heat oversight that made it fail to reset properly whenever Arc Drives are used.

Edit: Had to make another small update and reupload just after this one since there was a roundstate error.

• 1 month later...

youmu1.png

youmu2.png
youmu3.png
youmu4.png
youmu5.png
youmu6.png

The things that Roukaken cannot cut in MUGEN are next to none! I've delayed this character a little bit due to a combination of procrastination and the upcoming cold weather slowing down my work in general, but otherwise, my third Touhou character is complete. Unfortunately for some, she doesn't come with custom AI for as I wasn't exactly motivated to do it this time, but she was meant to be played than watched anyway.

Get Youmu here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikXZPEumVRXbCPH4L?e=WRTcbd

As per usual with each character release, updates are to be made for correction and improvement.

All characters:

- Updated several hit-based aesthetics.
- Air throws now disable control on whiff.
- All power-up Series Ability modes have their damage bonuses reduced.
- Recoverable health formula modified.
- Introduced jump link loop limiter.
- Added better custom state compatibility against player type helpers.

Touhou Project:

- Fixed Spell Mode FX error for 1.1.
- Timer reduced to 20 seconds, but now grants a 50% movement speed increase for Spell Mode.
- Increased endlag for Brave Guard.

Eternal Fighter Zero:

- Corrected alignment for match win screen.

Melty Blood characters:

- Reduced Blood Heat damage bonus.
- Corrected alignment for match win FX.

Homura Akemi:

- Fixed Rebellion bug that would sometimes trap P2 in custom state.

Haruhi Suzumiya:

- Increased overall damage for non-supers slightly.

Doppel Nanase:

- Maiden Armageddon can now hit air targets and be combo'd into. Damage and damage scaling compensated.

Anyway, there is an oversight I made while messing with Blood Heat last update where it would reset too soon (I don't want to do another Melty Blood character for a while because of how ridiculously complex their system is lol).

That should be fixed now, so, redownload Miyako to get the correctly working version.

Someone just pointed out a glitch with Youmu's reflector, so, I've swiftly amended that oversight since it's pretty gamebreaking...

- Fixed glitch that caused Netherworld Reflection Slash to overstack and inflict excessive damage.

• 1 month later...

akari1.png

akari2.png
akari3.png
akari4.png
akari5.png
akari6.png

The unexpected legend of Kyoto runs away from home and into MUGEN! It has been two long months since working on Akari, but exploring completely new territory in coding characters that I've never done before was actually a lot of fun. As the last character of the year and nearly a year since the release of my first SNK character, this is my Christmas present for fans and players of MUGEN. Happy holidays, everyone!

Get the little magical brat here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37DikjO3COn3A4hrSmRF?e=JX6NTy

As always, everyone else has been updated:

- All characters:

- Gethit voices are standardized to function in most custom gethit states now.
- Replaced the majority of velsets with posadds in normals for older characters in order to allow them to retain momentum from a dash like newer characters do.
- Revised hitdefattr detection system, allowing for increased consistency in detecting throws and hyper based attacks, helpers and sctrl-based projectiles.
- Tweak custom command buffer to reset when used to cancel into specials/hypers, reducing misinput.
- Tweak commands for universal guard cancel mechanics to be more simplified.
- Corrected Spell Bonus error when helpers collide with other helpers.
- Fixed bug that causes MUGEN to crash when forcing two targets into custom hitfall at once.
- Read Me files are updated to denote the generation style of each character at the top.

SNK characters:

- Implemented win screen.

Homura Akemi:

- Slightly increased delay between each use of Spatial Movement to reduce accidental inputs.

Hotaru Futaba:

- All versions of Hakki-Shou have their projectile limit removed.
- Reversed command for Shajou-Tai to reduce misinputs while attempting other specials and added new variations of the move.
- Increased damage for Yulhana-Tensho.
- Added Gold Mode.

Doppel Nanase:

- Maiden Capture version z has increased damage.
- Two new variations of Maiden Meteor added.

Nayuki Minase:

- Reduced frame advantage for many moves.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

- Mind Explosion x and y versions have increased hit gravity, fall recovery occurs sooner and standing variants have increased recoil on hit.

Youmu Konpaku:

- Fixed wallbounce hit bug.
- Adjusted velocity of j.2Z 
- Fixed bug in which Medium's Bind would sometimes fail to penetrate projectiles.
- Fixed bug in which Netherworld Reflection Slash's powergain and damage would stack onto itself rapidly.

No problem, guys, glad that you're all having fun with this one.

Also, because it's only come to my attention that there is a minor flaw in the math of my cornerpush system, so, I need to make a quick update for everyone to address this even if it doesn't occur often in gamaeplay.

- Corrected minor flaw in cornerpush calculations that sometimes would cause it to not work properly on the left corner of the screen.

Just a curious question.
I was expanding my character list and saw these. They were really well done, so I downloaded them all.
But I noticed something when I pitched them into Watch Mode.
Is there a specific reason why most of the AI (Sayaka, Homura, Haruhi, Akyuu, Dopple, Youmu, Hotaru, Mio, Nayuki, and Mai from what I've seen) don't attack, and just jump around a bunch?

Or is it a problem on my side?