Basara's WIP Thread: The MFFA Branch Office (now with new projects!!)

Basara-kun

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

NyiSjwS.pnghOqSSGN.png

AqJongJ.pngICksxOU.png

Sorry for all this time without advances... and without showing this I posted on MUGEN Guild.

Yeah, starting on Tiny, he has all basics now (except the 5000s) and most of basic punches and kicks. Also, I got his voice from CF2 thanks to N. in Guild. I hope to add him soon to my CF collection as Earthworm Jim, Blue Suede Goo and Ice 😉 

• 2 months later...

YEAH!!!
9MP7ViA.pngAh5b0a9.png
I'm back and Tiny too!! All his basics are done, all his sprites are added in the SFF and now i'm ready to work on him and make him for real for MUGEN!!

The real advance are made in these 2 screenshots:

• All his palettes are done!! The 6 from CF2 and 7 new, one of them is nonetheless than Butch, his rival/clone as seen in screenshots (with that made I can use it as base for a future butch for MUGEN)
  • His first 2 moves are ready, both from 63 1/3: Overhead Attack (pic 1) and Launcher (pic 2, with Blue Suede Goo flying to the infinite XD)

Now working in his arsenal, this is the definite movelist for him (copy-pasted from his readme):

Spoiler

-=[Basic Moves]=-
-Weak Punch: x
-Medium Punch: y
-Strong Punch: z
-Weak Kick: a
-Medium Kick: b
-Strong Kick: c
-Run: F, F
-Backdash: B, B
-Taunt: Start

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-=[Command Moves]=- *1
-Throws: F + y/z (close)
-Launcher: DB + c (knocks off the enemy)
-Air Tackle: DF + y
-Body Slam: D + z (in the air)

-=[Special Moves]=-
-Medicine Ball: D, DF, F + punch (also in the air) *2
-Arcing Medicine Ball: F, D, DF + punch *3
-Dashing Punch: D, DB, B + punch *4
-Wimp Slide: charge B, F + kick *5
-Overhead Attack: D, D + punch

-=[Super Moves]=- *6
 LEVEL 1
-Super Medicine Ball: D, DF, F x2 + punch
-Wimp Punch: D, DB, B x2 + punch
  • *1 = With the exception of Launcher, all his command moves and throws come from CF1. Since the sprites are WAY different, I'll adapt these moves to his CF2 sprites, taking attention especially to the throws. Maybe the Air Tackle can be ditched since it's very similar to the Overhead Attack
  • *2 = Medicine Ball will be performed almost as in CF2 (there it's half forward instead quarter forward) but will be done in the air as in CF1. It's supposed to be a charge move as in CF2 but there's already Backfist Whip (a Dashing Punch variant in CF1), which will be Tiny's Combo Opener
  • *3 = Arcing Medicine Ball is the anti-air version of Medicine Ball, think about Blanka's Vertical Rolling Attack... or Ice's Stay Cool :P the command here is also simplified, with a DP instead of charging down as in CF1 or quarter forward + up (?) as in CF2
  • *4 = Same as Medicine Ball, this is also a charging move (in CF2, in CF1 is a quarter forward), but changed here to a quarter backward, as Backfist Whip move is in CF1. Usually doesn't knock off, but the strong version will do it, this move works as in CF1 but the animation is as in CF2
  • *5 = Wimp Slide is an exclusive move for CF2, basically a slide made with his hands. This is the only charged move that will be a charged one and the only Tiny move that is made with a kick and is different from CF2 (which is charge B, DF + punch)
  • *6 = Both will be made as super versions of Medicine Ball and Dashing Punch respectively. SMB will be similar than Ice's Super Snowball, and WP will be a single punch that will make a lot of damage, like 250-300 with a unique hit (seeing if I made it unguardable or not)

That's basically what he will get for this MUGEN version. The combo system will be made as my other CF chars and the claytalities too... which will be a secret until I release him, sorry :twisted: expect more news from him soon, WIMPS!!

• 6 months later...

pOM9ouf.pngpbfCMet.png

4pqso9O.pngu3ZaOCd.png

Finally I can use my quarantine time to make MUGEN... and so, I decided to continue Tiny as what was left months ago. I just made his throws and then go to the next character, but I was so excited of the result that I made all his special moves too. Now he's accurate to the first 2 ClayFighter games, time to continue with the supers, Combo System, Insane Combos and Claytalities. At this rate, it's probable I'd finish and release him during this month or in June (which it's more probable in June, totally, I guess so).

I've to work on the 3 CF from last games, I know (Frosty, Boogerman and High Five... or 4 if you want me to finish HoboCop XD), but that will be made too, so don't worry ;) 

Spoiler

Oh, and I started to make Butch, in case you ask for that one screenshot, yeah!!

KDQNPel.pnggfbqn0d.png

New updates:
-Pictured: Added his supers, both are hyper versions of Dashing Punch and Medicine Ball
-Non-pictured: After these shots I added the CF sparks and the combo system

Now the last (and tedious) part: the Insane Combos and Claytalities. At this rate probably I'll be releasing Tiny during this week, wish me luck ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late, but here I bring you some news about my CF projects:

1. Tiny has been released

Finally I could finish him (or at least he's fully playable, I'm still working on Claytalities), so now you can download and play with him, get him in my website or look at the link in the release thread for more details!!

2. Working on new Claytalities

Apart of finishing the Claytalities on Tiny, I'm working in the other 2 known Claytalities fro  63 1/3 and Sculpture's Cut: Knock Off Top Half (aka Cut in Half) and Squeeze Claytality. And for working I mean to make new standard custom states to be added with an anim, just like I did with the Pre-Claytality pose. I got some ideas, especially for the Squeeze, like using the state 7780 aka Bloated Up (Jedah's Sangue=Passare move), where he inflated the opponent when he hits the enemy with the move, taking this I can make the Squeeze Claytality, experimenting with that. About KOTH, I'm working with helpers and stuff and working in a new state, the 5350, so I hope to get this being done well. If both moves work, expect me to update all my CF chars with these new Claytalities, especially Jim, which only left to make these 2 toi recreate the 5 Claytalities he has in the games.

3. Bad Mr. Frosty and Butch are in the works right now

hnR6tLL.png

In a beginning I planned to add Butch moves to Tiny and make a megamix as I did with Ice (Frosty's clone in CF2), but seeing his movelis is completely different and witm many moves, I opted to make him a separate character. So I took Tiny as base and modified some anims to make him more like Butch in this game, so he got a spped advance. Now making the moveset and the possible Claytalities, but most of the Combo System (everything but the Combo Opener and Combo Breaker) will be the same as Tiny. If I got him fast, probably I'll be releasing him during this month for sure.

And about Frosty, I reworked on him and I'm getting his sprites faster and with better quality. Now he has all basics moves and 12 palettes, now making his basic punches and kicks (all standing hits are almost ready), I hope to make him accurate to the N64 games as I did with Earthworm Jim. Both Butch and Frosty are made in the same time, so it's just a matter of time to be finished both this year, wish me luck ;)

• 2 weeks later...

0ymWJlg.png
Jh5dDtr.png
CLAYTALITY!!

Yeah, making Butch claytalities (2nd pic), I got 2 ready of 4 and working in the other 2, as well I achieved to make the Squish Claytality (1st pic) for Jim as well for other characters. Butch will be released very soon, but if I got some luck, maybe Tiny and Earthworm Jim receive an update too, wish me luck :holdp:

Knock Off Top Half Claytality worked!!
Working a bit more on this to be fully compatible with 5350s anims (custom states I'm making for this claytality) as well making a state for chars who don't have these anims (which is the 99% of chars) and probably Jim will be updated, as well most of the other CF chars

• 3 weeks later...

CALL ME DADDY :fuckyea:
All basic moves for Frosty are ready!! All his basic punches and kicks are done and he's 100% playable, now making the sprites for his special moves and then I can start in his supers and the combo system.

Also thinking to make an arrange version of him in a future with his moves from C1/C2 with new palettes, wouldn't be a bad idea at all :cool:

New WIP added to the list!!

ffwpBhY.pngO0r9qON.png

Fuego has been started officially as MUGEN character!!
Has passed so much time since I made an original character, so it's time to break the internet one more time with her. She's connected with Blizzard and XXX, mostly with the former :swoon: I'm thinking about her possible moveset and her voice (I want something original, so I'll recruit some friends on my FB that can help me with that), but technically speaking, she has all the basics but punches and kicks, a punching bag basically. Of course, Fuego has the same base used for Blizzard and XXX, including FX and sounds (I've to add the former BTW). So, I'll be playing with her (in a good way) to decide which kind of moves will have based on her SFF (taken from RYO 2005's Sonia).

• 3 weeks later...

And it finally happened...

After managing too much the NGP Collection, I got the urge to make more NGP chars for MUGEN, and so I picked up these two: Ukyo and Morrigan. The latter was created after getting the awful version of Tanicfan22, so I took her SFF and SND and started her from scratch, plus some SVC:MOTM sparks I ripped to get her more accurate. In the former, my taste for Ukyo and this spritesheet (partially ripped) makes me take the step ahead since there's only one char from Samurai Shodown! games (Kazuki, which is offline... since Haohmaru is the MOTM version). Apart of getting back with my 8-bit chars, these two are my second chars from Samurai Shodown (after Gen-an) and Darkstalkers (after Bishamon) respectively.

Now, here're some shots:

Spoiler

7D56Zyd.png

ZlUA8N2.png

wisIXoc.png

Both have all basics and all their punches, kicks and slashes ready to use, so they're playable betas until now. I hope to get them ready soon, so I'll get busy until I can ensemble the rest of Frosty sprites for the SFF (the reason why I didn't advanced too much on him these weeks). i hope you like them =D

• 2 weeks later...

eJ4454C.png

MGoGFpF.png

More advances on Morrigan (since I got her entire SFF, you know XD)

• Now she has moves!! Added Soul Fist (ground and air versions) and Shadow Blade, as well her flying dashes as seen in the first pic
  • Taken the SND and make it work her voice, and added some Capcom sounds for hits
  • Also added a couple of command moves and a winpose where she transforms into Lilith instead just changing clothes XD
  • Now working on her throws (included her Vector Drain special) and the her supers

Apart of her, I made a couple of Samurai Shodown! 2 stages, the Day and Night version of Approaching Evil (the first stage), being the latter in the first shot, I hope to release them during this week ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you liked my two releases (one of them a suprise one), now I'm retaking Morrigan, the most advanced of both pocket chars, probably I'll finish her first since Ukyo needs some more sprites to be ripped. Also seeing my CF chars, I still have work to do with Frosty as well Jim (the new claytalities), thanks to my freetime for the quarantine XD

In another theme, I'm thinking seriously in to edit some chars or use their SFF to create new versions, I was thinking in Chuchoryu's Juri as my first option, making her in SFA style (like Eagle, she could be Juri Zero), but that's just a thought, maybe later... or to make another DOS megaman character, who knows XD

Don't need this disguise anymore...

Finally, the first Bad Mr. Frosty preview for MUGEN. As you see, he only have the basic moves, his 2 taunts, punches and kicks and the Launcher, as well his intros and wins. I'm still "ripping" his sprites so after that I can start with his special (and super) moves. Maybe I can get you a video of that soon ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm back guys :kamina_head_by_ismaelcherro-d4y74y6:

Apart of my E.T. release from AF, I finished Frosty and released yesterday, now seeing which could be my next project, maybe I continue to work on my ClayFighter chars (making a new one or update the actual ones) or maybe working on other chars, I'm tempted to continue Fuego, but I need to create her the moves and the dialogs for my friend to dub her... that will be seen, stay tuned when I clean the dust here XD

• 1 month later...

GvoVIa3.png

Octohead and Nanaman are my new ClayFighter projects!!

After a votation I made in Guild, and seeing it was almost a tie, I decided to make them both since they don't have much moves so I'll make them at my 63 1/3 style. I'm ensembling their SFF right now, and since both chars hasn't too much moves in CF2, I'll add the moves of their clones (Jack and Dr. Peelgood, respectively) to give them more weapons to fight in MUGEN.

Also, I'm starting on Boogerman (finally I got the formula to get his sprites as I wanted) and Lockjaw Pooch (I'll use Xandegraf's Lockjaw, mostly the sprites and palete he made in his SFF and some codes), but those ones are on preliminar stage, eventually they're next after these 2... so, let's clay!! >:D

• 2 weeks later...

OyiSpZk.png

HAWT DAWG!!

To my own surprise, the process of getting sprites from Xandegraf's SFF to make my own SFF was better than I expected and now Lockjaw is so advanced as Octohead and Nanaman. Now the 3 of them have all basics, including punches and kicks, so now I'll be making their special moves to leave them accurate as in their games, and later add them all the new stuff from 63 1/3 like combo system (and in the case of Octo and Nana, throws and supers). I hope to get a video of them very soon 😉 

OCTO PREVIEW!!!

Now Octo has all his moves from CF2 as well his basic moves from 63 1/3 (Launcher, Combo Opener and Overhead Attack). Since all his sprites has been added, I'll start to add him the sparks and FX as well making his combo system (linkers and finishers) and his possible supers. Until now he's the most comboable of my CF chars at the date (even more than Jim I guess). At this rate, he'll be the first CF chars of the 3 to be released, who knows 🐙