Uran Tomboy - The Birth of Uran

Toshio Tenma

About Uran:
Uran is Atom's little sister from Tetsuwan Atom series.
This version of the character is based in her 1980 series.
As such, Uran doesn't have any of her brothers abilities in order to stay true to her original anime version.
Also, Uran have new abilities like understanding animals just like her 2003 version.
-
Story:
After learning of her brother's increassing populatity, Uran started to view Atom with much more respect.
However, people around her started to mock the little girl for not being advanced as her brother.
With her honor hurt, Uran decided to set in an adventure to prove that built-in weapons, jets and 100.000 horsepower
aren't everything for a robot.

Screenshot:

Posted Image

Video:

Download

*Due time constraits (adding the new super motion, work and sleep time), there are no move list yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Not played her yet but been waiting for this uran for ages and glad it's released now.

Thanks for this i thought this would be one character we would never see in mugen.

I would like to see your take on Astroboy also your very talented artist and mugen maker.

Actually, I don't bothered with Astro Boy while making that character.

Uran is based in the originals series Tetsuwan Atom.

Astro Boy 1980 sucks if compared the real thing...

They took out a lot of footage featuring Uran in the 1980s dub.

THIS IS REALLY AMAZING ! Please make a Astroboy in this sweet style...  :hi:

To be perfectly honest:

Astro Boy SUCKS, it's just a souless dub which have most the original series joy taken off...

I would make Atom instead of his dumb dubbed version.

Anyway, I'm updating Uran.

Great news !! THX

I did not confirmed making Atom.

I have plans to make other versions of Uran when I get the chance.

While making Uran, all I wished was to make a tribute for the original Tetsuwan Atom series.

What was tould in the entry of Uran in M.U.G.E.N Database is just a lazy copy&paste filled with misleading information directly from wikipedia.

They deserve to be called as liars since they omit information and don't say anything about the fact she draws no influence from Astro Boy 1980 dub.

If was for me to make Uran trully based in Astro Boy as they claims, then I would search on-line for a ilegal broadcast of the 1980 series and with this she would have english voice clips.

But, no...

Astro Boy 1980 is a very dumb adaptation of the Shin Tetsuwan Atom and Uran had a lot of footage removed.

I would understand if they had added the following:

The only version of Uran for M.U.G.E.N was made by Toshio.

Unlike most makers who like to try sprite edits like headswaps, Toshio concluded that would be a lot better making Uran based in the original series.

However, as Astro Boy was limited and not legally on-line, he used footage of the original Shin Tetsuwan Atom (which is actual running title in Japan during the 1980s).

As result Uran have only japanese voices and also have refferences to the original story-line.

Toshio stated that he have no plans of making a english soundpack.

That video is a sneak peak of Uran's upcoming update:

Couldn't resist, could you?

What was tould in the entry of Uran in M.U.G.E.N Database is just a lazy copy&paste filled with misleading information directly from wikipedia.

Unfortunately for you, the information is not copied over from Wikipedia. Also, you only claim it's "misleading information" because you despise the dub, as evident when you said: 

Astro Boy 1980 is a very dumb adaptation of the Shin Tetsuwan Atom and Uran had a lot of footage removed.

Heh.

Couldn't resist, could you?

Unfortunately for you, the information is not copied over from Wikipedia. Also, you only claim it's "misleading information" because you despise the dub, as evident when you said: 

Heh.

The information is still missleading, there are no info about of the actual source of the sprites and neither voices.

Article is not even informative, neither helpful.

It's better to have that article corrected or deleted, it's not helping at all.

Just wanting to put information about the dub without caring if it don't have anything to do with the work itself is a lie all the same.

Also is very lazy ignoring all the information of the readme which is very misleading.

Think about this: not saying the truth it's the same as lying.

I'm no trying to get in between yall arguement Toshio And GarchompMatt but we should appreciate  about the creation of the characters that are made in Mugen more then rambling about facts on a Fictional character if its true or not.

Though I do agree with Toshio about dubs on alot of Anime Shows that dosn't give you the whole true story. As I know this happens to alot of Animes (since I live in america) it kind of sucks they don't show the whole thing on alot of episodes like they show in Japan, But I guess due to some suggestive content it is very sensitive to the US (and probly other countries) so they cut alot out or trying to remaster the series which alot of us know it draws towards failure to show the whole details of the story ( or plot as we say). That Gives me a Reason why I  read Mangas more then looking at Animes in alot of cases. =P

All in All when it comes to Mugen we shouldn't argue about who and what about the character is. We should try out, play, and give compliment to the person that made a character that is uniqe . Uran is made and I say she is a keeper because no one else will think about making an Anime character that comes from the 1980's. Just as GarchompMatt makes  cool pokemon characters and stages to up the roster for Mugen. :goodmood:

These guys have no right to put misleading information just because the dub is popular.

Refusing to say the truth is lying and fooling people alike.

That entry is not even informative and neither helpful.

They would commit the same lie and misleading information if somebody had made a character called "Metalder" and they putted the info that it's Ryan Steel of VR Troopers even when the character had nothing to do with VR Troopers itself.

Metalder is a completely different franchise whose footage was used for VR Troopers, however it had a story and characters of it's own.

In that entry of Uran on M.U.G.E.N Database there are no respect for the character and neither for the author, the simple fact that I despise the dub doesn't justify lack of information and neither a lie.

It's wrong all the same.

"In M.U.G.E.N, Uran has been made by Toshio, with help of Jarquin10 who did a few sprite fixes and six special portraits. Toshio has made it quite clear that the character is based on the original Japanese series and not the dub."

Happy now? The article HAS to be about the English-language release of something, unless there isn't one. As I've said before, we can't break consistency for one character article.

I've been watching tetsuwan Atom series lately and i agree the english dub left out alot of info and made the dubbed series so confusing.

If a mugen character is made to be a specific version of a character and explained to that it is, i dont see why you couldn't rely on the real source then the source you obviously took for the dubbed.

That being said i would love to see version's of uran with her robot wrestling suit or her atom suit she wore to trick pluto.

Sorry for my belated congratulation.......I have been busy with the Chinese New Year of the Horse 2014.

I must say that, all Tetsuwan Atom MUGEN fans are sooooooooooooooo lucky to have you, Toshio, the very-sticked-to-the-source MUGEN author and the cool 2D spriter and the hardcore Tetsuwan Atom expert!

I just couldn't resist to give you a BIG Like!

DQY5aSF.png

I will give you my feedback later soon~

Thanks, Werewood.

And besides is a bad idea for someone hidding the original title, Astro Boy as been said is way too different from the source material and analizing it carefully it's more like a rip-off than a dub.

It have Tezuka's artworks, but still have most of his ideas removed.

So, it's just the body and is souless.

Uran is NOT a treat for fans of Astro Boy, but fans of Tezuka's original work which is being obscured due the lack of importation of full subbed episodes.

It's a bad idea wanting to force in the wiki page that she is based off Astro Boy, after all the truth should not replaced with misleading information regardless if the author despises the dub.

There are even games which never got localized like Tetsuwan Atom for SNES.

And you guys of M.U.G.E.N Database can't claim that Kid Atlas would be originated from Astro Boy since the character was omitted from the dub in the first place.

The DVDs had scenes which got removed from the original Tetsuwan Atom which they subbed for the extras, but it doesn't change the fact that Kid Atlas was still exclusive to Tetsuwan Atom while Astro Boy don't got it dubbed.

There would no arguments if you guys of M.U.G.E.N Database did the right thing from the start instead of just going for the dub and reffusing to accept the truth.

Locking the entry and forbidding the truth to be tould was pointless.

Excuse my language, but for fuck's sake! Nobody is talking about this, and yet you spring it up out of nowhere...again! Look at all the initial posters of this thread; they said Astro Boy because that's what they watched on TV, and not Tetsuwan Whatever. The article already states that the character is based on the original Japanese version due to [your] disliking towards the dub, and yet you still complain?! It's not your article, just as Vim Factory isn't mine. Heck, while some of the Pokémon articles have foreign names due to that being the name of the only version of that character (or whatever Monyu Monyu is), the content in them up to the gameplay section is about the English-language variant from English-language media. Oh noes! The Pokémon anime is better in Japanese! Better start calling Ash "Satoshi"!

Furthermore, you STILL haven't given any evidence to support your claims. "Wikipedia is full of lies", "Astro Boy is a rip-off", "the article is filled with false information", etc. All of this is pretty much just your opinion, isn't it? There's no actual evidence, is there?

Just go watch Super Sentai or something, seeing as Power Rangers is such a rip-off and is filled with lies and whatever you want to say about it.

[facepalm]

can we all just get-along and just focus on Uran (Mugen wise) please....

Anyways Toshio I know you have to fix her sparks Also I was wondering is it possible to make her Super Spin kick move Animation alittle faster when she does it so it can differ from her normel one. All in all she is fits well with the Magical Chaser Roster the way you planned her. :goodmood:

Thanks, Werewood.

And besides is a bad idea for someone hidding the original title, Astro Boy as been said is way too different from the source material and analizing it carefully it's more like a rip-off than a dub.

It have Tezuka's artworks, but still have most of his ideas removed.

So, it's just the body and is souless.

Uran is NOT a treat for fans of Astro Boy, but fans of Tezuka's original work which is being obscured due the lack of importation of full subbed episodes.

It's a bad idea wanting to force in the wiki page that she is based off Astro Boy, after all the truth should not replaced with misleading information regardless if the author despises the dub.

There are even games which never got localized like Tetsuwan Atom for SNES.

And you guys of M.U.G.E.N Database can't claim that Kid Atlas would be originated from Astro Boy since the character was omitted from the dub in the first place.

The DVDs had scenes which got removed from the original Tetsuwan Atom which they subbed for the extras, but it doesn't change the fact that Kid Atlas was still exclusive to Tetsuwan Atom while Astro Boy don't got it dubbed.

There would no arguments if you guys of M.U.G.E.N Database did the right thing from the start instead of just going for the dub and reffusing to accept the truth.

Locking the entry and forbidding the truth to be tould was pointless.

christ you couldn't just have it be about the character huh.