Best Animes of 2012

Vality

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see many anime that year, but I found 3 4 shows on your list to be bad

-Sword Art Online (let's agree to disagree before this thread gets nasty. pls.)

-K (redefines the expression of "all flash, no substance")

-Kokoro Connect (I went from laughing at the Twilight-tier ridiculousness, to hating it so much I dropped it. The premise is literally forced drama, which worked decently enough for a while, since a few characters carried this show for a while, but even they weren't enough to keep me into it after 8 episodes)

EDIT: BTOOOM also had a ridiculous premise which was followed up with the classic HUMANITY IS EVIL theme.

Am I a noob for not recognizing any of those?

I didn't see many anime that year, but I found 3 4 shows on your list to be bad

-Sword Art Online (let's agree to disagree before this thread gets nasty. pls.)

-K (redefines the expression of "all flash, no substance")

-Kokoro Connect (I went from laughing at the Twilight-tier ridiculousness, to hating it so much I dropped it. The premise is literally forced drama, which worked decently enough for a while, since a few characters carried this show for a while, but even they weren't enough to keep me into it after 8 episodes)

EDIT: BTOOOM also had a ridiculous premise which was followed up with the classic HUMANITY IS EVIL theme.

I think the "Humanity is evil" type antagonist is a bit cliched. Misanthropic doesn't always mean "Want humans dead." And a lot of the times, villains like those are used to send morals that human actions against Planet Earth or anything else have no consequences.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, let me play nice this time around

Daily Lives of Highschool boys was a funny show I'll never forget. It took me a while to warm up to Hyouka, but I got into it.

Another was also quite fun, even if I did enjoy it by looking at it as a comedy, rather than a horror anime.

Chuunibyou was also a very fun show. Maybe my favorite of the year, but as I said, I did not see that many shows from 2012.

• 2 months later...

Not sure it matters, but I'm watching Sword Art Online right now. ...I'm really not sure I like it. It's a good premise, but... There's just something about it that pisses me off. Maybe because it's a bit depressing and contains a lot of plot-holes.