Family Guy: Stewie Griffin V1

IDGCaptainRussia

Download:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/pDHKEeKTba/CRStewie.html?

Comments:

Those of you who've been following me or RockRage on youtube know this guy; This stewie edit i've been working on.

Well, he's ready for a first release! I know there's problems but I don't dubt he will become the best version so far of Stewie. (He's a fusion between The Doctor's version and Shazzo's version, using the Doctor's version as the base)

Just now, AxSeeker said:

There's a stewie at Mugen Multiverse forums that is incomplete but has some really good sprites and code. Maybe you should combine that one into this one and you might have a near flawless version?

I'm aware of Low's version, I can use the sprites because they came from a spritesheet but won't use the code, as Doctor's and Shazzo's versions are very old, and Low's is not.

I always pictured Stewie as a Apocalypse type boss, with just machines and bombs and robotic suits out the ass. He'd jump in his bot and just murder the screen unless you caused the bot to blow up and he falls out at the end, like the whole Onslaught ending.

2 minutes ago, IDGCaptainRussia said:

I was hoping to get some more robot like stuff in there, maybe starting with Sentinel.

You could use Sigma and Apocalypse, maybe give him a Mordred type intro where he laughs at you before getting his bot and closing the door. And you dont see him again till it blows up?

Giant bots=

http://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=17328

http://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=9877

http://nrf-flash.sakura.ne.jp/mugen/M_gorilla.html

After trying, I like him, pretty fast with lots of projectiles, like Stewie would most likely be. I would say something about the obvious sprite inconsistencies between mech and normal, and his lack of taunt sprites, but I kinda like them for some reason, although I can bet that would be a huge turn off for some. His super and special placement is also a bit weird, X by itself is his laser cannon hyper, but there's also the nuke hyper and a trap projectile mapped to it, which is a bit strange, same while in mech, too. The nuke hyper is also a bit overpowered, not being able to block it or hit Stewie out of it, but I guess he's not supposed to be perfectly balanced anyway. You can't seem to get out of the mech by command, either, you have to be knocked out of it, and maybe the mech can use some permanent super armor or a block ability or something. He could maybe use some more Stewie clips, and the audio during his intro might need to be turned up a bit. If you have no more power for weapons and stuff, and you jump while blocking, the force field effect will appear for a second over Stewie, and you can jump forever.

Pretty solid everywhere else, though. Best Stewie in Mugen, hands down. Any reason he's named Gryfon instead of Griffon? I could easily change it, sure, but I like that spelling. Good job here.

5 hours ago, Ricepigeon said:

Updated first post with Jenngra's link

sorry, but I need money where I live, I'll keep my stuff youtube only if you won't allow adfly...

3 hours ago, BarnacleBill said:

"Any reason he's named Gryfon instead of Griffon? I could easily change it, sure, but I like that spelling. Good job here."

That's a brand-ish mark I, I did that on purpose so people would know this stewie's apart from others more eaily (and BTW, it's Gryphon, not  Gryfon )

Thanks for all the feedback, I do plan to update him and fix those problems, add more moves, and improve AI in areas!

There's plenty of legitimate ways to make money, but doing it off of a copyrighted character is not one of them.

And quite frankly, just because a forum doesn't allow adfly links is not a good reason to keep characters private. If money is your sole motivation for this character then you might want to rethink your priorities. Trust me, we're not the first mugen forum to disallow ad referral links and we certainly won't be the last.

6 minutes ago, Ricepigeon said:

There's plenty of legitimate ways to make money, but doing it off of a copyrighted character is not one of them.

And quite frankly, just because a forum doesn't allow adfly links is not a good reason to keep characters private. If money is your sole motivation for this character then you might want to rethink your priorities. Trust me, we're not the first mugen forum to disallow ad referral links and we certainly won't be the last.

ah ok.

"ust because a forum doesn't allow adfly links is not a good reason to keep characters private"

Whhat? I ddin't say I was gonna keep him private, in fact, adfly motivated me to push this out there, people want updates and I will update him, just not here, or aleast not here with adfly.

3 minutes ago, Swoogg said:

I'm not so sure if I like the idea of combining Shazzo's sprites with The Doctor's sprites.
To be honest, combining the two don't make that good of a character.

He's planning to replace these sprites with Lows 9.0 and Beanfan's Stewie sprites.

9 minutes ago, IDGCaptainRussia said:

ah ok.

"ust because a forum doesn't allow adfly links is not a good reason to keep characters private"

Whhat? I ddin't say I was gonna keep him private, in fact, adfly motivated me to push this out there, people want updates and I will update him, just not here, or aleast not here with adfly.

Very few Mugen forums like adfly links. This may partially be because of an incident involving Oak the Shadow Dragon making a maze of adfly links for his Applejack paletteswap.