What do you hate/don't like in a Mugen Char?

Mister Fael

18 minutes ago, Luis said:

lol, the Ciel by Shiroto will do that annoying super when you push a button. Fortunately I have found a way around it by staying near her and blocking then attack her when she does a backflip. By doing this I can play the whole match without worrying about that super. That super is broken in 2vs2.

Seriously, who thought giving a broken super like that was a good idea? 

Surprisingly she actually has that super in the source game. I don't know how cheap it is in Melty Blood but in mugen it's annoying because she will do it when you try to attack unless you exploit the AI and avoid triggering that super.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:25 PM, Luis said:

Surprisingly she actually has that super in the source game. I don't know how cheap it is in Melty Blood but in mugen it's annoying because she will do it when you try to attack unless you exploit the AI and avoid triggering that super.

I do know she has that in her source. Am just asking why she had it to begin with.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Characters with Powerbars of their own, mostly since when those characters were not made with localcoord the powerbar always end up in the middle of the screen instead of the edge when you run at a resolution higher than 640.

Can fix this but sometimes the character coding is beyond.

I hate:

Pre-Round kill/No gameplay, at ALL

Characters are hundreds of megabytes in filesize, but don't hold their weight.

most characters based off TV shows (most of the time)

crappy sprites

really small characters

shitty hitboxes

beefed states (I mean, don't you hate it when you are wailing on Artucus's Peter, and you bearly put a dent in him, and then he hits you once, and you lose like 30% of your HP)

a lack of originality when making an edit/character (how many fucking Ryu's do we need in Mugen?)

weak/no AI

when a character doesn't work and I have to fix it

when a character is bugged and I also have to that :/

when a character has nice FX, but really low res sprites

when your about to win and the AI does something really unfair (Heman, I'm looking at you, his AI will use a sword move that OHKO's you if his health falls below a level and he doesn't get to use his beatdown combo)

when the AI selfstates out of grabs

when the AI counters/parry's everything

when a character has hypers that slow the gameplay, like pauses the game for over 5 seconds really slows it down.

when an author shows off characters, but keeps them private

when people use ad.fly to warehouse stuff (I know, but we all hate this one, I know I do :/)

What i like:

None of the above

Cheap AI

Boss AI

Hard AI

Brutal AI (Yeah get the idea)

A well designed moveset

A fun playstyle

On 27/9/2016 at 7:23 AM, IDGCaptainRussia said:

I hate:

Pre-Round kill/No gameplay, at ALL

Characters are hundreds of megabytes in filesize, but don't hold their weight.

most characters based off TV shows (most of the time)

really small characters

a lack of originality when making an edit/character (how many fucking Ryu's do we need in Mugen?)

weak/no AI

when people use ad.fly to warehouse stuff (I know, but we all hate this one, I know I do :/)

Hello everybody.

1-That is horrible,I remember some they can attack you before round starts then the game freezes.

2-The creators of that need to work the SND file.

3-Small characters: I think is better play and or fight with a small characters who looks better than a resized small character who looks very pixelated unless the creator work in it.

4-I am agree, there are many Ioris, Kyos, K's and his alternate versions -orochi, evil, etc- but many of the rest remains non converted or created to mugen.

-ad.fly, I read that gives money for ya.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[Things I hate]

1.Characters with overpowered A.I. and/or weak  A.I., I prefer characters that are challenging but beatable

2.Characters that we're made with little to no effort. I mean like characters that you can just look at and see that zero fucks were given when being made.

3.Characters with a confusing controls.

4.Offline Characters. I hate when i see a Character that i might want in my roster, only to find out it's offline.

5.Characters that use Power charge, why do these character A.I. think charging their power meter is more important than fighting the fucking opponent? The power meter can be filled by landing a punch y'know.

[Things I don't exactly hate, but not a huge fan of]

1.Hentai characters.Now I don't have anything against hentai in general, I do see the appeal in it and even enjoy it even once in a while. but you probably won't see me having them as part of my roster, or see me making hentai characters anytime soon.

2.A lack of originality when making an edit/character. Now I don't really have a BIG problem with this, but we seriously need to see something new get made, there's only so many Ryu's, Kyo's, Iori's and Mai's we can put up with before we say enough is enough.

[Things I like]

1. MVC playstyles. There's just something about doing air combos that I really enjoy.

2.Seeing interesting looking characters, even if I don't decide to add them to my roster, I still enjoy coming across characters that I think have  a cool design.

3.Original characters, you know somebody's good with character creation when they make up their original characters, that definitely shows some creativity.

• 2 weeks later...

Things I hate:

Recolors

Spriteswaps 

Little effort on Kfm edits

Spammy AI (which my super better Mario bros have but I will update them so no need to act like a rude person T_T)

Hitsparks that are in the wrong place 

Underpowered moves (Hope that doesn't happen when I play as a character)

Characters with no combos (seriously people? I mean, We should have a little combo making experience)

Offline characters (nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!)

Crappy chars that were made to be my favorite (people should even look up a tutorial to create decent characters)

Infinities (Uh.....yes I know some of my characters can have infinities so again, no need to be rude T_T)

Weird fucking commands (Really MOC1105, make these specials and hypers work with easy commands for once!)

Things I love:

AI with sooooooo much combos that can inspire me when I use watch mode on Mugen.

Creating joke characters (Bowser jr for example, you've been seeing "odd images" in this character)

Powercharge (Respect my opinion)

Obviously..........COOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS

(I'm talking about air combos)

Characters who have very excellent coding and moves (Jailbot, carol the wildcat, etc.)

Creators who update often but I sometimes hate it cause when they SPAM the updates of characters it can be stressful to download

AND FINALLY.......creative palettes ;)

That is all, hope no one acts like a 4 yr old with the details in parentheses.

On 12/15/2016 at 4:44 PM, DS12 Productions said:

Things I hate:

Recolors

Spriteswaps 

Little effort on Kfm edits

Spammy AI (which my super better Mario bros have but I will update them so no need to act like a rude person T_T)

Hitsparks that are in the wrong place 

Underpowered moves (Hope that doesn't happen when I play as a character)

Characters with no combos (seriously people? I mean, We should have a little combo making experience)

Offline characters (nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!)

Crappy chars that were made to be my favorite (people should even look up a tutorial to create decent characters)

Infinities (Uh.....yes I know some of my characters can have infinities so again, no need to be rude T_T)

Weird fucking commands (Really MOC1105, make these specials and hypers work with easy commands for once!)

Things I love:

AI with sooooooo much combos that can inspire me when I use watch mode on Mugen.

Creating joke characters (Bowser jr for example, you've been seeing "odd images" in this character)

Powercharge (Respect my opinion)

Obviously..........COOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS

(I'm talking about air combos)

Characters who have very excellent coding and moves (Jailbot, carol the wildcat, etc.)

Creators who update often but I sometimes hate it cause when they SPAM the updates of characters it can be stressful to download

AND FINALLY.......creative palettes ;)

That is all, hope no one acts like a 4 yr old with the details in parentheses.

Some spriteswaps are better than the original character. I thought like you, but when I played some random waifu character, and then played her again spriteswapped as Katana from DC comics, I loved her being Katana and shes now someone I want to play. Sometimes the original character is really lame and kind of gay as shit. But a sprite swap can make them a bad ass character you always wanted to play.

I hate underpowered moves so much. And I hate chip damage fighters. Like those CvS or ToSix characters. One fight can go on for 5 minutes and it's boring. SFV has the perfect damage values, a fight can be over fast, or last really long only if the AI is good. That CvS shit is sooo boring.

I also hate those weird commands. My mugen had all its characters edited with easy MvC commands and I got used to that.They're faster, easier to do, and make the fight more fun. I try to share those private characters for other people too.

40 minutes ago, Mʀ. Sтᴇαl-Yoᴜя-Wαεfυ said:

Some spriteswaps are better than the original character. I thought like you, but when I played some random waifu character, and then played her again spriteswapped as Katana from DC comics, I loved her being Katana and shes now someone I want to play. Sometimes the original character is really lame and kind of gay as shit. But a sprite swap can make them a bad ass character you always wanted to play.

I hate underpowered moves so much. And I hate chip damage fighters. Like those CvS or ToSix characters. One fight can go on for 5 minutes and it's boring. SFV has the perfect damage values, a fight can be over fast, or last really long only if the AI is good. That CvS shit is sooo boring.

I also hate those weird commands. My mugen had all its characters edited with easy MvC commands and I got used to that.They're faster, easier to do, and make the fight more fun. I try to share those private characters for other people too.

So I assume you agree with me more than disagree.

44 minutes ago, Mʀ. Sтᴇαl-Yoᴜя-Wαεfυ said:

Wow. I can actually relate to this.

...Robot Chicken SpongeBob. WAS a Fluttershy or something, now a so-bad-it's-hilarious SpongeBob that plays McHammer's Cant Touch This and has a Homer Simpson voice clip. MUCH better. For me at least.

7 minutes ago, DS12 Productions said:

So I assume you agree with me more than disagree.

Yeah

4 minutes ago, cartwheel champion said:

Wow. I can actually relate to this.

...Robot Chicken SpongeBob. WAS a Fluttershy or something, now a so-bad-it's-hilarious SpongeBob that plays McHammer's Cant Touch This and has a Homer Simpson voice clip. MUCH better. For me at least.

I have a sprite swap of maelstorm goenitz as Dr. Strange. He's my favorite, he's the best Dr. Strange Ive ever played anywhere. I dont care about no lame ass maelstorm goenitz and wouldnt play him. But as Dr. Strange? I love him.

7 hours ago, Mʀ. Sтᴇαl-Yoᴜя-Wαεfυ said:

Yeah

I have a sprite swap of maelstorm goenitz as Dr. Strange. He's my favorite, he's the best Dr. Strange Ive ever played anywhere. I dont care about no lame ass maelstorm goenitz and wouldnt play him. But as Dr. Strange? I love him.

that edit sounds interesting.

I wouldn't say "I hate X mugen stuff", I already got past that mugen phase long ago (nowadays it's mostly indifference), but certainly there's stuff I avoided.

What I look more in a character are the graphics, and not that much gameplay anymore(I still do, but it's minimal), mainly because I can just keep the sff for study and throw away everything else, but I don't have any real use for mugen code(outside of mugen).

More specifically, the way a character is animated is the selling point for me. the style doesn't matter as much, as a style which is simple can look great with a pretty animation, but not the opposite, a bad animation kills everything.

So I won't download/will throw away mediocrely animated stuff, think in the hundred of "originally sprited" Marvel & DC characters, only very few....and I mean really few, are actually animated decently(when I bothered in check them, time ago), the rest are the same choppy stuff with dislocated bodyparts moving up and down & a recolored torso of some character slapped in the recolored legs of another, head swaps, palette swaps and a clashing collage of effects from various characters + the bad coding.

Edits, but this has to do more with proper credits, slightly editing something doesn't merit slapping your name alongside author's.(palette swaps, sound swaps, changing stats, localcoords), the editing has to be significant. spriteswaps are only worth if there's an aesthetic overhaul, like converting a character to a higher resolution (and I mean a true conversion to hi-res...re-drawing it, not the usual filtered stuff mistakenly called "HD"),... or an april's fools joke meant to be trashed after a few of minutes of laughs?, not worse looking sprites from another character, which unfortunately, is almost always the case with characters animations that don't even match the attacks, and don't even bother to correct clsns, explods, helpers, pos & several other things.(I think I've only seen 1 or 2 spriteswaps that were actually decent in all my time in mugen, rest are poorly made attempts).

99.99% of spriteswaps are bad because most decent coders and spriters wouldn't waste their time doing that, people with good coding knowledge would just prefer to code their own, and spriters I guess wouldn't like to see their chars just mediocrely swapped or drawing a carbon copy of some other character's attacks.