Omegabros6 Mewtwo Overhaul Wip

Glisp

As mentioned, I'm trying to edit and overhaul the old Mewtwo Omegabros6 did a while ago. Progress has been slow however, primarily because Matt, my fellow team member has been in school. Here's a video demonstrating most of the stuff he can do:

Some of the animation pause times are being worked on still. They move too fast and Bandicam here makes them sometimes difficult to see. They were already difficult to see but not as bad. Attacks currently include: -Shadow Ball (Omegabros6 version leftover but planned to be improved upon.) -Some weird Psychic type attack animations that I'm not 100% sure what they are (Omegabros leftover.) -Some force lighting type move. (leftover again.) -Flamethrower (new. Added three new frames to the start of the animation. I need to fix them though. They're sometimes difficult to see.) -Mega Punch (New. Same as Flamethrower's new animation frames -Fire Punch. (New. Same as Flamethrower's new animation frames.) -Melee tail attack. (Omegabros left over and probably gonna be kept.) I have Ice Punch and Thunder Punch in his .SFF already but I haven't added them yet. Keep in mind that what you see isn't final and some of the animations look a little stiff. I may eventually make additional frames for the attack. Planned possible attacks in the future: -Charging Shadow Ball -Charging Aura Ball -Psycho Cut -Psystrike (Mewtwo's signature move as of Generation 5) -Solar Beam -Hyper Beam -Ice Punch -Ice Beam -Blizzard -Fire Blast -Bubblebeam -Thunderbolt -Thunder -Thunder Punch -Shockwave -Self-Destruct (big if for this one.) -Rest (another big if) Recover (yet another big if)

Oh btw Ryon, I showed you this in the old thread:

Posted Image

Probably didn't see it. Basically, I fixed the perspective some using Gimp's perspective tool. I hope that's alright.

I actually liked the first iteration of the stage better so I used that as a base. Was trying to remove and fix the white lines but couldn't seem to get it right. Maybe you can do it.

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone. Been a long time since I posted any updates eh? Well, I figured I'd show you the custom sprites I've done to expand the moveset so far:

Posted Image

About 52 sprites so far. Most are just repeats with alterations though. The Thunder and Solar Beam animations probably won't be used in their forms on the sprite sheet. They'll probably be coded as explods once I'm able to get Fighter Factory 3 (stupid internet connection being an ass) As for Mewtwo in game, no progress has been really made since last time.

I also finished a Shadow Ball charging animation as you can see by the last sprite in the bottom row. Not exactly the way I wanted it, but it's not half bad really. I spent a lot of time looking at Kamehameha and Hadoken sprites to try and get the pose right. I honestly thought it was gonna be a mess but I'm actually happy with the result. The charging frame will probably also be used for Aura Ball (yes, Mewtwo can learn it via level up as of generation IV.), Blizzard, and Fire Blast. (I'm going for Pokemon Stadium styled animations here.)

Rather than waste a significant amount of time putting them onto my sheet, I've decided to put them into a .rar file individually. Here's the original Omegabros sprites (though a couple of them did make it onto my sheet.):

http://www.mediafire...bbemff73z3jzqp9

They're in individual .bmp images. Some are 256 colors still others are 24-bit. Didn't want to waste my time converting 175 sprites when some of the animations are probably gonna be dropped eventually for the new ones I make. I hope you're not annoyed by me uploading the older sprites this way.

Now, as for the spritesheet itself. I've added a few more effects for the fire attacks and I've added projections of how I planned the animations to work.

Posted Image

I've put projected animations in black boxes as you can see here.

Question: Do you think I should label them maybe? I was thinking yes, but I wasn't sure how familiar you are with Pokemon.

Also, Psystrike is planned. I actually had a rough version of it above but I'm gonna get rid of that one because of this APNG showing how it really looks in the 2D games: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psystrike_%28move%29

It looks good so far for the sprites you have. Few suggestions to make him better id have - Do allow your character to be pushed back when doing the fire attack. Also, you defiantly want to add transparency to the fire attack, fire without transparency is like trying to drink liquid without a cup. Make his attacks combos, it will add alot more playability to the character as opposed to 1 button attacks. Also, get creative with the sprites you have, since i can see its pretty limited, such as use his float back, as an attack to dash forward and smack into the enemy. Just ideas. What you have here is alright, but with a little polish and shine it can be pretty awesome. Looking forward to updates, and feel free to message me if you need coding help or sprite ideas.

Heh. Well, I actually have more sprites than the ones on that sheet. (which are shown in the video and probably gonna be trashed mostly.) That sheet Ryon found for me will also be useful for making more animations. And thanks for the offer of help. I'll be sure to go to you or Ryon if I have problems. Might be a while before I start coding though.

Speaking of which, here's a preview of a new frame:

Posted Image

I'm probably gonna make a couple of frames with the tail moving to replace the old Omegabros dashing sprites I have. (they're better than the dashing sprites on the sheet Ryon found but not the best.)This one wasn't very easy to do and I'm not 100% pleased with it but it's better than what I originally thought it was. Thoughts?

I had a dash pose of Super Sonic Warriors Gohan I was using as a reference to get the pose right. The annoying part was the bending knee and the tail. I might rework the hands into fists. Not sure yet. Also, shading could be better I suppose.