MUGEN Characters with Cheap AI

Super Nicholas

There's actually an AI patch for this Sonic, as well as MUGENHunter's Shadow, Knuckles, and Ashura.

Let me tell you, Sonic and Shadow have some seriously cheap AI. They keep you in a corner and spam upwards spin dashes on you. That and the sheer overpowered-ness of their attacks!

Also, the Kung Fu Man AI patch by Ironcommando is seriously cheap. It can pull off combos that nobody could hope to pull off and he constantly bounces you off of the edge of the screen.

Don't use the patch, then.

Goro, Shao Kahn, and Kintaro by OmegaPsycho - They pretty much spam all they can at you and are kind of repetitive with it. The Blob by Magus - He keeps spamming attacks and makes it hard to get close to him, also he won't take damage while in an attack animation. Makoto by NHK (AI patch) - She will keep grabbing you into a combo until your dizzy and she can perform a super, then finishes you with it.

Gardevoir (AI patch) - Spams Teleport, which means she cannot be hit under normal circumstances (not even during the transition between Teleports), spams invisible projectiles, throws you across the screen (although the initial grab fails to hit smaller characters like...oh I don't know, Rotom? :awesome), can summon helpers during other actions (which the player CANNOT do), and parries NEARLY EVERY SINGLE HIT (I had to remove that from the programming, because I was sick of both not being able to hit the damn character, and the constant "CHAANG!" noise that was getting on my wick).

Homer Cheap-type (I PORRGOT) - Homer? A Super spammer. Homer with Supers that don't take stocks? NOW THATS SOME SERIOUS SHIT. Every Touhou character ever - AIRCOMBOAIRCOMBOAIRCOMBOAIRCOMBOAIRCOMBOSUUUUPPPPEEERRRRRR! (repeat) Moraler (I also forgot) - Well Rugal was one cheap-ass futhermucker. BUT THIS LITTLE SHIT IS JUST NOT NICE.

Here's a tip for beating Homer Simpson. He tends to try the same things on you. He eats a burger, crawls to the other side of the screen, and uses Bash Dash Masher.

It can be pretty easy to predict when he will use it. If you can't predict when he will use it, use the superpause when he uses it to your advantage.

Just be careful, because he does have a Shun Goku Satsu he can use during drunk mode.

Bash Dash Masher can be blocked, and when he makes contact with you with the move while you guard, he will be wide open to a counterattack.

If he goes into drunk mode, then you're pretty much toast.

Otherwise, Homer's not to difficult for me to beat.

As for Gardevoir's AI Patch, she does counter nearly every hit. You should see what happens when you pit her against Shoop Da Whoop.

Heres several *Oni-Miko R OMG SHES CHEAP you cannot Attack her *Ennma CHEEEEEEAP ONE *NightMare Shadow 0.84 MY GOD....................CHEAP ONE *Hosikurua CHEAP YUYUKO EDIT *H-Mashiro Fang[Testing] [Garou Fatal Fury] VERY CHEAP 3 OF HER *Great Old Ones[Cannot UN AI] CHEEEEAP PATCHY EDIT CAN AUTO KILL YOU *Black Core CHEAP Can use supers *Systmerclass CHEEEEEEEEEEAP *Tou-Nyan-Len CHEAP *R siuka VERY CHEAP AUTO DEATH KILL *D Sayaka CHEEEEAP *Horror Magaki CHEAP *INDEX CHEEEEEAP COMBOS *Double A CHEAP *HABARA CHEAP *Glaical Girl VERY CHEAP *Ignis CHEEEEEAP *True God Hanyuu VERY CHEAP *River Of Death[AI] CAN SPLIT INTO 6 OF HIM CHEEEEEEEAP *Ill Fate Misuru[AI] VERY CHEAP NO JOKE *Volraca [AI] VERY CHEAP FAST COMBOS *S-Utsuho_K[AI] VERY CHEAP

• 1 month later...

I've pretty much figured out why Kong's MvC2 characters are considered to have cheap AI. It's the speed of their attacks and how quickly they can be comboed, and not many MUGEN characters can attack or combo that quickly. I managed to defeat Blackheart very easily with another one of Kong's characters.

Another reason is that characters like Iron Man, War Machine, Sentinel, Dr. Doom, Magneto, and M. Bison can fly, so characters without super jumps won't be able to reach them unless the stage height is low. I have managed to defeat War Machine with CHOUJIN's Goku.

Most things the Japanese creators make.

Seriously, why must they make their characters have stupidly overkill AI that no human could ever replicate?!

Rule n of AI programming: make sure you can beat it, but it can also beat you.

It's nice to have AI that acts similarly to a human - that's what I was trying to do with Rotom's.

lol but Garchomp most AI are cheap and can kill easily

I know many character that have "fair" AI. For example, Mike's Yoshi's AI.

It's challenging, yes, but it's quite easily beatable.

Metal Yoshi though...

-Same AI.

-Buggy super armo(u)r (curse the technical term!) that sometimes avoids damage completely.

-Can still block.

-Buffed stats.

-Unblockable powerful headbutt attack.