Kirby (Kirby: Mass Attack)

Super Nicholas

After seeing Ryon's tutorial on making characters, I have started to make a MUGEN character. It's a new version of Kirby that takes its sprites from the "Kirby Quest" subgame of Kirby: Mass Attack. I believe that the character is coming along very well, though there are some bugs I need some help figuring out how to fix. I have programmed his basic attacks, his hypers, and helpers for him. I'll provide a list of what his attacks are here... He uses some copy abilities and references to other Kirby games and the Kirby anime to attack (There are a lot of references in Kirby Quest) and uses various enemies from the game as assists. Note: The Galaxia hyper is a one-hit kill, just like in the game. If I figure out AI, I will make Kirby use this attack very rarely, though he will always use it against cheaps. Specials: QCF, x = Laser Kirby D, D = Stone Kirby QCB, x = Waddle Dee Assist QCB, y = Oohroo Assist QCB, z = Grindarr Assist QCB, a = Floof Assist QCB, b = Beanbon Assist QCN, c = Blucko Assist Hypers: 2QCF, x+y = Superspicy Curry (1 bar) 2QCF, y+z = Kabuki Kirby (2 bars) 2QCF, x+z = Galaxia (3 bars) 2QCF, a+b = Tornado Kirby (1 bar) 2QCF, b+c = Megaton Punch (2 bars) 2QCF, a+c = Dyna Blade (3 bars) 2QCB, x+y = Back Attack (1 bar) 2QCB, y+z = Gator Rampage (2 bars) 2QCB, x+z = Critical Strike (3 bars) 2QCB, a+b = Tankbot (2 bars) 2QCB, b+c = Dragon Tank (3 bars) I am having trouble with debugging some moves, however... I need some help. The bugs are: Grindarr and Blucko fall through the floor instead of hitting the ground. Commands for moves don't work properly. They very rarely ever work. Here's an example of a command and it's ChangeState... [Command] name = "Superspicy Curry" command = ~D, DF, F, D, DF, F, x+y time = 20 ;Superspicy Curry [state -1, Superspicy Curry] type = ChangeState value = 1000 triggerall = command = "Superspicy Curry" trigger1 = statetype != A trigger1 = power >= 1000 trigger1 = ctrl Back Attack is supposed to make Kirby appear behind the opponent and hit them with a mallet. I tried using a PosSet to make this happen, but it always makes Kirby appear to the right of the opponent instead of behind them. There's also a glitch with his running move. His running move is Wheel Kirby. If the opponent jumps over him while he's using the move, he turns around when he isn't supposed to. (He keeps going in the same direction, though.) Critical Strike has a hyper portrait that is supposed to appear, but it doesn't for some reason. Here's the StateDef for the portrait. [state 1040, Helper] type = Helper trigger1 = AnimElem = 1 ID = 6040 pos = -55,5 postype = back stateno = 6040 helpertype = normal name = "Critical Strike Portrait" keyctrl = 0 ownpal = 1 supermovetime = 1 If helpers are attacked in a certain way, such as Ronald McDonald's hamburger projectiles, they turn into Kirbys when they aren't supposed to. I appreciate any help with debugging this character and thanks in advance.

sorry i cant give full feedback right now when i get home i can. but dude. ALL of your commands are extremely hard to do. i'll look into why. EDIT: wow i'm impressed you made such progress using my videos.

Yeah. Your videos really helped me get started on this character. Thanks for that. I know the command thing is an issue, but I have no clue as to why they don't work. I've tried tweaking them, but they still didn't work... Some commands seem to work occasionally, though... But, when those bugs are fixed, I feel that this character will really shine in the field of battle. I've managed to beat tough characters like Ronald McDonald with him, even with glitchy commands.

also 1 of your sprites is messed up when pressing A B or C. its like the last sprite is not a proper 256 color image? EDIT: Destroyself codes are NOT needed in Projectiles, Projectiles automatically destroy themselves. and they have a code for it. Destroyself is for HELPERS ONLY. nice waddle dee codes. i like it.

I have updated Kirby again. I have added dodges to him.

Their commands are:

Forward Dodge = a+x

Backward Dodge = b+y

These are VERY useful for getting out of combos and avoiding powerful moves.

I have also adjusted Kick Spin (Air Z) to be able to hit more easily for better combos.

I have also fixed Beanbon's retreat. (It was too fast)

I also fixed Oohroo's attack. (He now uses his attack closer to the opponent)

Also, he has a BIG sound update!

Also, good idea on Meta Knight, TK. Maybe I'll make him sometime using his sprites from Super Star Ultra! ;)

(An awesome knight needs an awesome MUGENized version!)

BTW, Kibora. I am currently not working on any other Kirby characters. I was attempting at making Smithy (the main villain from Super Mario RPG). But he isn't my priority right now. I am working on Kirby.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/SEVxN1K-/KirbyMassAttack__V2_.html

Galacta Knight would be very cool for MUGEN. But it could be tough programming him because of all the projectiles/helpers he uses. I would have to adjust these so I can program them. Don't forget I'm still a programming noob... :P [CONFIRMED]: I will attempt to make Meta Knight for MUGEN!

Your A and B button STILL have that 1 messed up sprite, re-add the sprite to fix it. You can not fix it with out re-adding it. and MAKE SURE ITS 256 Color and matches the rest of his pallete! D, F, x - that projectile has to be moved down, you know so it looks like it comes from his EYE, and not from the space above his body. to fix D, B, x and z add this to your COMMAND -1 State for the command. triggerall = helper(id) = 0 this will allow you to use it 1 at a time. where it says id , replace that with the helper ID, which is in the helper summoning code.

It is good(Whatever that thing is).

But you need to fix the last Sprite of the Animation 215, 220, 245, 250

Posted Image

See why am i seeing that White Box?

Also the last sprite Missing of the Animation 230 (Air Left Punch)

What the hell you have done with the hitoverride?

Posted Image

That should be like this SCA,NA,SA,HA,NP,SP,HP,NT,ST,HT

You need to remove the S, NA (Stand, Normal Attack)

Watch Ryon Tutorial to see what they mean

Well

S = Stand

NA = Normal Attack

SCA = Stand Crunch Air

SA = Super Attack

HA = Hyper Attack

NP = Normal Projectile

SP = Super Projectile

HP = Hyper Projectile

NT = Normal Throw

ST = Super Throw

HT = Hyper Throw

Recheck your Sprite file there are some conflicts for the Group and Index Numbers

You have added 2 or 3 Sprite with the same Group and Index Number

There are many more issues.

Posted Image

Download the Latest Fighter Factory 3 to see that list, i am not sure if other version can do that or not?

Posted Image

Download the Latest Fighter Factory 3 and double click on the button.

You can get the Latest Fighter Factory here: http://mugenguild.co...r-137126.0.html

Well i guess it is just me but i hate character who Hop back make it Run Back not Hop back, okay?

It is very easy to do it.

You need the Sprite of Run Back or use the Run Forword with Horizizontal Flip.

then goto common1.cns and delete the Hop Back and paste this.

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
; RUN_BACK
[Statedef 105]
type = A
physics = A
ctrl = 0

[State 105, 1]
type = changeanim
triggerall = var(1) = 0
trigger1 = time = 0
value = 105

[State 105, 1]
type = changeanim
triggerall = var(1) = 1
trigger1 = time = 0
value = 105

[State 105, 1]
type = changeanim
triggerall = var(1) = 2
trigger1 = time = 0
value = 3105

[State 105, 1]
type = changeanim
triggerall = var(1) = 3
trigger1 = time = 0
value = 31053

[State 105, 1]
type = VelSet
triggerall = var(1) = 0
trigger1 = 1
x = const(velocity.run.back.x)
y = 0

[State 105, 2]
type = veladd
triggerall = var(1) = 1
trigger1 = time > 0
x = -1
y = -0.4

[State 105, 3]
type = posset
trigger1 = pos y != 0
y = 0

[State 105, 2]
type = veladd
triggerall = var(1) = 2
trigger1 = time > 0
x = -2
y = -0.4

[State 105, 2]
type = veladd
triggerall = var(1) = 3
trigger1 = time > 0
x = -2
y = -0.4

[State 100, 2] ;Prevent run from canceling into walk
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = NoWalk

[State 105, 2]
type = CtrlSet
trigger1 = Time = 2
value = 1

[State 105, 3]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command != "holdback"
value = 0

[State 100, 5]
type = makedust
trigger1 = time > 0
pos = 20,0
pos2 = 40,0
The makedust is optional, and you need to change everything's value to get it right.

I'm getting the bugs out. I have fixed up his hitsparks to be positioned right. I have also fixed the helper glitch, so only one of each helper can be on the field at a time. AND I have fixed the hitoverride for the helpers, so ALL helpers function properly now. Note: Don't forget this character isn't final yet. I have to fix all of his bugs and stuff. I can always add stuff in an update, you know. Don't worry about those minor bugs yet. They don't affect gameplay too much, but I'll try to get those out.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, something happened that I really think you should hear about. I was on a Falcon Punch rampage (where I use kamekaze's Captain Falcon and use Falcon Punch and hit F1 when it hits), and I wound up against my Kirby. Whenever I would try to Falcon Punch him one round, he would counter with his Hammer attack, and this attack in specific, stopping me while I was preparing the punch. I know for a fact that I didn't program AI into Kirby (I don't know how), but it just seemed wierd. It's as if he did have AI or something... By the way, I have fixed Kirby's sprite problem. I have also sped up some of his attacks so he can combo better.

Here's the link to Kirby's latest update:

http://www.4shared.c...ttack__V3_.html

I have fixed the sprite errors that GarchompMatt and Gopal pointed out.

Stone Kirby's landing position has been fixed. (It was too low.)

Added new moves:

Wheel Jump: Press up during Wheel Kirby.

Stone Kirby can be used during Wheel Jump for a combo.

EX Laser Kirby (QCF a+y): Bigger, quicker, more powerful, and cuts through opponents, but uses 500 power.

Kirby Top (QCF y): Spins toward the opponent a little.

EX Kirby Top (QCF b+z): More powerful and moves further. Uses 500 power.

Stone Kirby's transformation is quicker.

Some attacks are quicker for better comboing.

Inhale (Work-in-progress): A grab, but it's still buggy. Still does damage and throws the opponent, though.

(I might need some help on getting Inhale debugged... :P)

I haven't added running backward yet. I might make a separate commons file and air file to use running back instead of hopping back, though.

how you make an separate air file? only one is allowed. also it is very simple to do that. See this(short version) ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; RUN_BACK [statedef 105] type = A physics = A anim = 105 ctrl = 0 [state 105, 1] type = VelSet trigger1 = 1 x = const(velocity.run.back.x) y = 0 [state 105, 2] type = veladd trigger1 = time > 0 x = -1 y = -0.4 [state 105, 3] type = posset trigger1 = pos y != 0 y = 0 [state 105, 2] type = veladd trigger1 = time > 0 x = -2 y = -0.4 [state 105, 2] type = veladd trigger1 = time > 0 x = -2 y = -0.4 [state 100, 2] ;Prevent run from canceling into walk type = AssertSpecial trigger1 = 1 flag = NoWalk [state 105, 3] type = ChangeState trigger1 = command != "holdback" value = 0