Aperson98's WIP thread

aperson98

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice aperson98!

Love the Weegee stare taunt.

How about a "Luigi´s Mansion" like intro? Everything is dark, frightened Luigi steps in with a torchlight and calls for Mario...

Or maybe you could use a part of "luigi whistles totaka's song" from the same game...

He whistled when he was scared in the game.

Maybe as another taunt or intro?

:troll:  Use the Weegee stare as a win animation... Let Weegee´s face zoom into the screen! :=D:

it definitely would. I am not dissing you persay just hes not really a fighter I don't think ive ever seen him do anything without a machine fight wise. Unless theres some backwards ass dimension where he actually fist fights rofl. Idk it just seems off for him to even attempt to fight unless you make him a joke character that actually fails at fighting with his fists so he resorts to tricks and falls on his face.

the rest of the wips look good.

Yes and no. Try hacking Sonic the Fighters. You can get two versions of Mechless Eggman/Robotnik this way.  See: http://sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?catid=4&gameid=2&subid=1&artid=7

Yes and no. Try hacking Sonic the Fighters. You can get two versions of Mechless Eggman/Robotnik this way.  See: http://sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?catid=4&gameid=2&subid=1&artid=7

Funny you say that I was going to see if there was a good sprite base somewhere for a more serious Eggman WIP in the future lol. Im planning to make him always sit in the Eggmobile.

Very nice aperson98!

Love the Weegee stare taunt.

How about a "Luigi´s Mansion" like intro? Everything is dark, frightened Luigi steps in with a torchlight and calls for Mario...

http-~~-//youtu.be/4VJ1rNz7bG8

Or maybe you could use a part of "luigi whistles totaka's song" from the same game...

He whistled when he was scared in the game.

Maybe as another taunt or intro?

http-~~-//youtu.be/sTpmWZG2ynM

:troll:  Use the Weegee stare as a win animation... Let Weegee´s face zoom into the screen! :=D:

All those sound like great ideas I also want to put in a Mr. L win pose as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a very quick feedback...

Like the sprites and I do like the YTP Luigi more then the regular one. :awesome

Love the grab/throw system! Very nice!

I really don´t like the SSB gameplay style, would rather see him as a "regular" light/middle/hard punch/kick char, but that´s just my preference.

I think I had never a char with SSB gameplay...

Hmm, would be nice to have a Luigi with both modes YTP & regular Luigi...

p.e. he could do his normal taunt and the Weegee one with forward + taunt, could shot the regular green fireball, but with a small chance he will shot his "spaghetti".

Dunno, maybe a "Master Luigi" with both version moves, just like PotS did back in the days with his Ryu.

I don´t like the "Negative Zone" bubble, the shape and look of it, maybe you can find a better looking one.
Would be cool if you could sprite his actual dance. :=D:  That would be awesome!
Hmm, your version of the "Negative Zone" just does damage to p2... I think you could do more with it.

...and... ROFL!!

YTP "Negative Zone" could look like that...

http-~~-//youtu.be/fh3C5T1V3I0

When you´re going for a "Luigi´s Mansion" like intro, how about a variation of it for YTP Luigi?

Posted Image

XD The ghosts flying away scared from Weegee.

I really don´t like the SSB gameplay style, would rather see him as a "regular" light/middle/hard punch/kick char, but that´s just my preference.

I think I had never a char with SSB gameplay...

The only reason he had that gameplay to begin with is because N64 Mario's original and Warners edit had it as soon as I finish everything else I plan to release a 4 button patch for luigi to give him a more standard fighting game system.

Would be cool if you could sprite his actual dance.  :=D:  That would be awesome! Hmm, your version of the "Negative Zone" just does damage to p2... I think you could do more with it.

...and... ROFL!!

YTP "Negative Zone" could look like that...

Yeah I should code negetive zone to affect all non-allied players shouldn't I.   I should do some sprites for the dance too.

The only reason he had that gameplay to begin with is because N64 Mario's original and Warners edit had it as soon as I finish everything else I plan to release a 4 button patch for luigi to give him a more standard fighting game system.

Great to hear that aperson!

I'm surprised nobody other then Staubhold said anything so far :(. anyway if anyone has anything to say whether its bad or good about this beta feel free to point it out. oh and I just got a few ideas for editing Warners other characters if this edit is well liked. 

• 3 weeks later...

How about adding something from the upcoming game "Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros."? Luigi falls asleep, a colorful cloud apears and "Dreamy Luigi" attacks p2, maybe a crowd of Luigis (one ontop of the other) stampedes over the screen... You can see it at the 1:14...

Sorry Aperson I wanted to try your luigi I have just been busy lately...

*Edit* ALSO happy Year of Luigi if you didn't already know. :=D:

*Edit* *Edit* Okay I finally tested him, like Staubhold Said, I kinda don't like the SSB gameplay HOWEVER!!! He fights fair, for a SSB character and is beatable compared to warner's edit. And thats it maybe add a little bit joke things fot the win, You should add for win state where he says "Over there! There's Bowser Koopa!" (runs off screen after pointing.)  And A Weegee Intro. Just some Ideas.

Sorry Aperson I wanted to try your luigi I have just been busy lately...

*Edit* ALSO happy Year of Luigi if you didn't already know. :=D:

*Edit* *Edit* Okay I finally tested him, like Staubhold Said, I kinda don't like the SSB gameplay HOWEVER!!! He fights fair, for a SSB character and is beatable compared to warner's edit. And thats it maybe add a little bit joke things fot the win, You should add for win state where he says "Over there! There's Bowser Koopa!" (runs off screen after pointing.)  And A Weegee Intro. Just some Ideas.

Everybody hates smash gameplay lol thankfully for all those trying him out this gameplay style will be optional in the final his default gameplay will be a Light/heavy, punch/kick system as well as normal blocking no bubble shield stuff.

How about adding something from the upcoming game "Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros."? Luigi falls asleep, a colorful cloud apears and "Dreamy Luigi" attacks p2, maybe a crowd of Luigis (one ontop of the other) stampedes over the screen... You can see it at the 1:14...

Sounds like a good Super/Hyper for him for the YTP version I want to make it seem more like a nightmare. With Weegee giving you his evil stare  into your soul.

Just found out you released a beta!  :heeee:  Downloading................will get back to you soon!  Thank you!

The best Luigi I have ever seen in my MUGEN life!

+ am I one of the people who is okay with your smash gameplay and control and button layout? 

+ creative intro

+ his ground guard states.....the guard bubble Explod scaling awesomely.......cool ideas and cool execution!

+ Giant Swing......so smooth....very well done~

+ the great number of custom sprite works and new moves = all new fresh Luigi

+ the ability to move to right or left during Luigi Cyclone is a huge plus+

+ the ability to move to right or left during holding guard is a huge plus+ (the instant white palfx blink is a nice touch too!)

+ the use of Flash Fx helper during Super Jump Punch fall is something I have never thought of before........

+ I like your Negative Zone idea:

it is interesting to see two opponents being trapped in his Negative Zone Posted Image.....yet I think it can be expanded to a more complicated unique system

- Green Missile........when performed in the air, the dust effect binding is kind of off, especially during hold power........or.....is it a better idea to disable dust in air?

- I have some hard times trying his Fast Fall, while you say "Down while in the air"..........:3

- Butt Bash could put P2 to a custom get-hit state.......current P2 get-hit velocities and time do not look so natural......or is it just me?

For my own preference only, you may ignore:

1. Super Jump Punch............the coin helper could happen every time upon its move hit

2. all special moves could do chip/guard damage

3. during his taunt, some soft kick sound and dust effect could be added

4. during his Drill Kick, he sometime crosses his opponent's body:

Posted Image 

I think it may look cooler if, during the drilling, Luigi's sprite priority is set to be lower than his opponent's so the whole move can look like he drills into his opponent's body then comes out of it.......I am not sure if you understand my meaning or not :P

I cannot wait for your finished Luigi!  Even in his current WIP stage I already decide to keep him forever in my MUGEN select.def, along with ShinRyoga & NeOaNkH's Super Mario.  You know what?  Before your Luigi I used to divide ShinRyoga & NeOaNkH's Super Mario into Mario and Luigi, just with different colors and different names in different DEF files.  Now I can use your Luigi all the way and delete the fake Luigi (Mario clone) that I made by such division.

You and your excellent Luigi WIP deserve a BIG Like:

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...