Rouga Zanma (First 1.0 WIP)

Noctis

Note that I've never actually made a character for 1.0. I realized this last week and decided I had to make one before I....quit. Yeah, I say this a lot, but whatever. I never have anyhting else to do so I keep coming back to Mugen. Leave me alone. Anyways, it's Rouga Zanma from Big Beat Bang. I had no reference whatsoever to make him, so he's also my first custom 1.0 character (Hibiki was originally for WinMugen). His main aspect is going to be wall bouncing. He chains combos by bouncing the enemies off of walls. He has a damage dampener to prevent damager after a good 20-25 hits. As you can see in this video, he has infinite combos which will be way to difficult to fix, so I threw the dampener in. Then again, I could do a basic "add a var everytime I use an attacking state and stop myself from being able to attack after I hit a certain var" coding. Anyone think that's a good idea? Anyways, post your opinion. I had to get a new recorder because Fraps was being shit. The best I could find was HyperCam. Unfortunately, it lagged with Mugen's resolution at 1280x720, so I changed it to 640x480. That's why the video looks crappy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5xSbM3Aq2M Also note that this is just a beta. He's missing sounds, effects, basic animations like intro, taunt, win, & lose, and the rest of his attacks.

Only the aesthetics and a view of its gameplay can be seen from the video, a beta test would be more appropriate to determine if your doing it right or not.

But right now, it looks alright IMO

Then again, I could do a basic "add a var everytime I use an attacking state and stop myself from being able to attack after I hit a certain var" coding.

Anyone think that's a good idea?

This is a good idea to implement, maybe have something like what the developers of Skullgirls have implemented. When u do a long combo which can go for 25+ hits, have something like a "Combo Penalty" text show up when it reaches that amount of hit using the vars which freeze the character from further attacking for a certain number of frames.

Uploaded a new preview. in the first post. He has sounds, effects, intro, win, lose, and taunt animations, either all of his attacks or most of his attacks (not sure if I should add more), a charge, and a combo penalty. For the combo penalty, I don't know if I should just disable attacks until player 2 can move again or slowly cut the damage in half for every hit. Also, does anyone think I should lower his damage? Considering his large combo capability, even with the penalty he still does a lot. Then again, most large game characters could finish a battle in one/two successful combo(s) if done right. So, should he do MORE?

Actually, from what I've seen, BBB is a pretty big combo type of game. But, if I removed the D from my medium low kicks hitflag, you'll pretty much crush the main combo chain. I'm not saying it would ruin him, but it would get rid of a lot of infinites.... Actually, I'm gonna test that out right now.

Actually, in the game (latest one), limits your special attacks so you won't be able to use the same attack constantly(not constantly but the ability to spam specials in general), but this gameplay is totally custom, so it might be prob different.

You mean it actually disables their specials for a bit, or you do you mean it's like this...

special 1 > special 3 > special 2 > special 3 CANNOT DO

special 1 > special 3 > special 2 < special 4 CAN DO

Well, the powercost of my attacks is high enough and the combo penalty for specials kicks in a lot faster than my regular attacks, so it's not spammable.

Also, after fighting my AI, I've decided that the damage is not to low, but I am going to make a burst to prevent getting the shit beat out of you, because even if you aren't taking damage thanks to the penalty, you still can't stop getting hit....then again, I could make my AI less aggressive.

I'll do both. Anyways, I'll also try to remove any irritating infinite's.