Scott PilgrimVSTW: Roxy Richter/Stephen Stills + 4 stages UPDATED

bzior

UPDATE:

Download links are up to date, please find them below

Roxy has been updated:

-added new sounds and removed old sounds from Scott

-added 6 palettes built in the characters (group 1, index 1-6 in palettes)

-fixed invalid state 2400 bug

-fully updated readme

Hey there!

To celebrate Basara Kun's comeback, I am finally able to upload a couple of Scott Pilgrim VS The World characters I've been working on.

Both have been made with a full game I have in mind, for which the screenpack and stages are coming along shortly, and are edits of Basara's

original code of Scott Pilgrim:

Roxy Richter:

54279662_10155776663095146_7990171528991

Spoiler

The Half Ninja Girl, Ramona's 4th evil ex, Roxanne Richter.

54463224_10155776670220146_9108955851846

She has 3 supers:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And 2 Hypers:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She's been made with my custom screenpack in mind so there are two download links.

The only difference between them is the character select screen big portrait sprite, my custom version being horizontal as seen above in the versus screenshot:

Custom screenpack version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8h83adxu2e9xv5s/RoxyCustomSP.rar/file

Regular screenpack version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p3s9697wqw0qdx2/Roxy.rar/file

Stephen Stills:

53889926_10155776693380146_3897847683439

Spoiler

The Talent, Sex Bob-Ombs lead, Stephen Stills.

He's more of a sprite swap with Basara Kun's Scott Pilgrim than anything as he is my very first character.

He's got a custom entrance:

giphy.gif

And the same Supers and Hypers as Basara's Scott:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

As Roxy above, there are two links:

Custom screen pack version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/61vw22c06c8ne3r/stephCustomSP.rar/file

Regular screenpack version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0cysn8b7wscb48b/steph.rar/file

Here is a reupload of the stages I made for my screenpack.

I've been updating them so here are the updated versions:

Snowy Toronto:

giphy.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3cncq29gtj6dg5g/Snowy_Toronto.rar/file

Live Show:

giphy.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pgp0a1okij44o9n/Live_Show.rar/file

Party at Julie's:

giphy.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8q8c498zvbqn9r5/Party.rar/file

Underpass:

giphy.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8iu8gx6z25ohut5/Underpass.rar/file

Hope you enjoy these, feel free to give me feedbacks, I'm always looking for honest opinions, good or bad, so be my guest!!!

As for the characters seen in gifs and the screenpack itself, stay tuned, a bit more polish still needed....

Here are some screenshots of the screenpack:

53749517_10155776718260146_8286155111386

54070283_10155776720050146_5478935908008

Sure, I read you want to make a fullgame with them, good luck with that 😉

Now, here's the feedback:

Both chars:

-My creations are made under WinMugen, but the SFF is a SFFv2 so I can't play it there (only in MUGEN1.0+). it's just a detail, but you can make a SFF version later for the few ones still use WinM :) (in Fighter factory, save as MUGEN Beta instead 1.0)

-I would appretiate to make your own readme the next time instead just use Scott's ones, especially for Roxy

-In general both feel great and fun to play, thanks for make them and for use me as inspiration, I'm flattered

Stephen Stills:

-Although is a spriteswap, Stephen doesn't feel like one, I like that and it's a big improvement of your past version with various bugs fixed from there, congrats 😄

-There's a move from Scott there, the Hurricane Kick, which can be done with Scott Sprites without a palette

-I would like to get voices from Stephen in the character, all the voices are still from Scott and the Scott striker has Stephen one (the only I ripped from the movie)

-Some air punches and kicks repeat themselves after hit the button instead been made once 

Roxy Richter:

-I like the girl voices you put on her, but still there're some Scott voices out there in the char

-The D,DF,F + z gives error message, probably makes the same double ninja super done with D,DF,F + c

-You said it before, but I would like to see more palettes for her, especially the black suit from the movie (as I changed Envy's red hair for blonde hair as the 2P)

-In general there's no more problems with her, I like how she plays, good work!!

And that's all, I've to edit my message since the forum doesn't let me add more lines. But in general that's a good work put here. And I loved the full animated stages, thanks!!

Also, I made the post on Guild and animate people who also post here to put their feedback. If not, I can report the feedback there for those users that don't post here.

I'll be waiting for more of your chars and the fullgame, seems awesome!!

2 minutes ago, Basara-kun said:

Sure, I read you want to make a fullgame with them, good luck with that 😉

Now, here's the feedback:

Both chars:

-My creations are made under WinMugen, but the SFF is a SFFv2 so I can't play it there (only in MUGEN1.0+). it's just a detail, but you can make a SFF version later for the few ones still use WinM 🙂 (in Fighter factory, save as MUGEN Beta instead 1.0)

-I would appretiate to make your own readme the next time instead just use Scott's ones, especially for Roxy

-In general both feel great and fun to play, thanks for make them and for use me as inspiration, I'm flattered

Stephen Stills:

-Although is a spriteswap, Stephen doesn't feel like one, I like that and it's a big improvement of your past version with various bugs fixed from there, congrats 😄

-There's a move from Scott there, the Hurricane Kick, which can be done with Scott Sprites without a palette

-I would like to get voices from Stephen in the character, all the voices are still from Scott and the Scott striker has Stephen one (the only I ripped from the movie)

Thanks for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it. 

I actually didnt want to be appearing as stealing from you by making my readmes but duly noted I.ll make my own readmes from now on.

regarding Steph, I did try to make him feel as less as a spriteswap as possible so I m glad you like him. His sprites are so close to scott's it seemed difficult at times.

I m actually planning to update the voicework because you re right it still uses Scott sounds but I was eager to get him out there.

As for the Hurricane kick, it s a mistake on my part. I have the move edited but somehow uploaded the wrong character.

I,ll be able to update him tomorrow.

Glad to see you seem to enjoy them, Mr Chau, Kim and Ramona are almost done as well but need polish. I should upload them in the coming weeks...

Also see the stuff on Roxy (I edited my post since the forum didn't let me post more). If you want, you can keep the readmes of mine but also made your own readme for your chars so the people can't be confused.

I'll be waiting for those updates as well the upcoming chars, good work there 😉

12 minutes ago, Basara-kun said:

Also see the stuff on Roxy (I edited my post since the forum didn't let me post more). If you want, you can keep the readmes of mine but also made your own readme for your chars so the people can't be confused.

Yep just saw that as well,

I'll get around to Roxy's palette, as I also love her black comics and movie outfit 🙂

I'll check the error on the move.

Thanks for the post on the guild, and I just go by Bzior, SkullyTk is an old artefact that I'll get rid of, sorry about that.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:09 AM, Basara-kun said:

Roxy's been updated, see original post, I used your general structure for the readme, hope it's OK with you.

Sure, that's a good update I see, nice palettes and readme you made there 😉 and the bugs noticed before are fixed.

But, I found other things I didn't noticed before, mostly in her supers:

-Shinobis Dance appears Roxy hitting first, i think both should start at the same time

-Teleporting Agression has all the hitsparks in a sole place instead of being in the enemy (he can goes up in the air, but the sparks are still on the ground appearing)

Apart of that is a solid update and a good release after all. Good job there 😄 also, I changed to your new nickname in Guild, I'll do the same in the SPvTW collection

1 hour ago, Basara-kun said:

Sure, that's a good update I see, nice palettes and readme you made there 😉 and the bugs noticed before are fixed.

But, I found other things I didn't noticed before, mostly in her supers:

-Shinobis Dance appears Roxy hitting first, i think both should start at the same time

-Teleporting Agression has all the hitsparks in a sole place instead of being in the enemy (he can goes up in the air, but the sparks are still on the ground appearing)

Apart of that is a solid update and a good release after all. Good job there 😄 also, I changed to your new nickname in Guild, I'll do the same in the SPvTW collection

Thanks, I know Roxy is not perfect yet but I needed good feedbacks and you help a lot.

I actually couldn't figure out how to make the hitsparks follow the enemy during Teleporting agression.

I need to look into it a bit more.

I'll look into the timing of Shinobis Dance...