Nep Art

Nep Heart

Decided to finally have a thread up to post the visual art I have done, mostly focusing on artwork of my OCs. Wasn't too confident enough in my own capabilities, but decided for it anyway. It'll range from stuff like lineart to pixel art and more.

Here is a line sketch of Aya Himura, my mascot OC.

c2uIoAF_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• 2 weeks later...

bEWRqB0.png

Same character from the line art sketch posted prior, but this time visualizing her in the form of pixel art. I mostly spliced together Hopeless Masquerade sprites to create this Aya Himura sprite. Took a few days to do it, so, there is no way I'd have the devotion to actually make a sprite sheet for her lol.

SWyQ46k.png

Just for good measures, here is a transparent version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As promised, lineart of a different OC this time. Meet Hieda no Are, creator and guardian of the legendary artifact Kojiki, oligarch of one of the mightiest nations in all of existence and just looks so damn cute (but don't let that fool you into being convinced that she is weak).

BtSJwkU.jpg

... And no, that's not Akyuu even though both are based on the same historical figure and come from a mythological setting.

• 1 month later...

I haven't posted here for a while, huh? Well, have yourself another OC line art then...

5sHuATj.jpg

This time for Baozhai Tianshi, princess of Zhong and totally not based on Uzume Tennouboshi. I was originally going to make her something like a sukeban, but I decided against it, although the many traits of one remains in the character... making her way different than the typical royalty character. I do contemplate on whether I should post character profiles for each OC I show off, but not sure where would be the appropriate place to post them (give me a heads up anyway if you're interested).

• 5 weeks later...

nice clean outline art, very good!

I just think that in the last artowrk, Baozhai Tianshi , there's something weird about the perspecting of her right hand/punch and the rotation of her right knee-foot.

Anyway, I think you should really color them 👌

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, I've noticed the hand was a little off myself after I was done (I usually don't notice small mistakes until I'm actually done, but I didn't feel like redoing it at the time 😛 ). 

I should actually practice on coloring some day, maybe I could try the practice on GIMP at least.

Anyway...

3ZO6WcO.jpg

lV3zhb8.jpg

A two for one deal this time. Meet Argentus and Cyprus, the "Gold Queens" two robotic knights in service of the Noble Sanctuary Trifecta. I actually found them pretty fun since I could get away with intentionally cartoonish anatomy this time.

This also marks the first time I post line art of villainous OCs here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

It's been a long drought in this thread, so, I feel like sharing more OC sketches, this time two more to make up for it.

aKyNJUT.jpg

Kiseki Tsuchimikado, an onmyouji apprentice who underestimates her capabilities to the point of insecurity, but is unknowingly more talented than she gives herself credit for. Yes, that last name is an intentional reference.

zGsM7Q2.jpg

And here's the fake-ninja-but-actually-lab-assistant eccentric Lunarian dormouse youkai, Misaki Yumesekai.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...