Unpopular Opinions

Astolfo2001

I have some more:

- Pokemon should've ended on Generation 6 or at the very least, should take a break with its mainline installments. The series has really jumped the shark (or should I say, Sharpedo) with Generation 7 and 8 (especially the latter).

- Make Your Move (that one dance movie with BoA [yes, the K-pop singer BoA] and one of the guys from Dancing with the Stars) is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

- The Digimon anime should've ended on Savers/Data Squad.

- "Hate speech" laws and most laws banning 'adult'/'offensive' content (like p**n and violent media) are against human rights and violate our freedom of speech and our freedom of expression.

- I am afraid of robots and artifical intelligence taking over us all.

- A part of me wouldn't actually mind if the universe was reset. The world is increasingly becoming more chaotic and authoritarian so we might have to start over to try to prevent this from ever happening again at some point. Or at least change our greedy and selfish nature for something more humanitarian and kind.

- The horror genre is my least favorite genre. I just don't like getting scared, that's all.

- The Symphogear and Lyrical Nanoha franchises need to do a crossover together.

- Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon is the worst anime I've ever seen.

• 1 month later...

I have another one to share:

- My Little Pony is one of my least favorite and most hated franchises of all time. I honestly don't get the appeal of it (especially Generation 4/Friendship is Magic at least to adults). I just find it so boring, extremely sappy, and uninteresting to me. I've watched/seen so much better shows and franchises out there that are centered around one or more female characters than it (like/such as the Lyrical Nanoha franchise [besides ViVid and Force], Totally Spies, the Love Live franchise, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc.). If you like MLP, good for you. I respect your opinion. I just don't like it at all. Okay?

• 1 month later...

Since this topic needs a little diversity, I got a few from mine to share:

1. 'Ice Age Baby' memes are not funny. It's just a poorly rendered CGI baby, that's it. Come up with a better joke or don't bother at all.
  2. I find Dynasty Warriors 6 to be my second-favorite game in the long and illustrious Dynasty Warriors series. Despite its irritating problems (such as character designs, exclusion of some characters from their previous game and the infamous Renbu Rank game play system), I find it to be one of the most enjoyable games of all time. It actually introduced me to the world of the Warriors series, as well as delving a bit into the history of Three Kingdoms-era and Sengoku-era Japan.
  3. No politician is perfect. The only reason why people hate them is because of their high expectations placed onto some politician. Make one mistake and you're done for. However, politicians aren't immune to criticisms so there's that.
  4. I hate Frozen the same way you hate Madoka Magica. But that's only because it's been used by my friends to annoy the hell out of. If I ever hear even a single note of Let it Go, I'll go psychotic!
  5. Speaking of magical girls, some of the show's theme songs could work as a soundtrack to a sports game. For example, Nana Mizuki's ETERNAL BLAZE (I think it's from Lyrical Nanoha) and ClariS's Connect (from the show you abhor) could be featured on a football game like Pro Evolution Soccer due to its rocky-sounding nature. Of course, that's just my music taste.
  6. On the subject of music, Vocaloid music and traditional folk song => Kpop music. Fight me, you crazy bastard.
  7. I hate how some folk songs get ruined by alt-right degenerates. For example, there is this beautiful song called 'There Always be an England' which I love due to its harmonic sound. And yet, the comment section on this songs featured some of the most right-wing sh*t I ever seen. It's as if their precious homeland gets infected by some innocent Indian/African man from the West End of London.

That's all what I can come up with.

• 3 weeks later...

I had many things I know this:

• I prefer to the 2000 animated series of Clifford the Big Red Dog instead of the 2019 animated series, because I like the animation of the show animated by the same animators who did the animation for Ed, Edd n Eddy, The Fairly OddParents (Season 1 - late-season 10 episodes), Harvey Beaks, Clifford's Puppy Days (the show's spin-off), and others.
  • I hope the Baby Blues TV series' season 2 will be came out, maybe on HBO Max.
  • I do not like the 2015 reboot for Inspector Gadget because they made it CGI, some bad voice acting and others. I prefer to the 1983 series than the 2015 reboot.
  • Robot Jones' voice on Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones? was originally voiced by some text-to-speech thing voice, but on the second season of the show, he is voiced by a child actor Bobby Block, he also redubbed the voice for him on the pilot episode and the first season of the show. He sound like a robot version of that kid's voice from Clarence when he is voice by Bobby Block.
  • Some limited animation made me so upset about it: Schoolhouse Rock!, Meeow!, Mr. Men and Little Miss (1995 france-british animated series), The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show, etc.
  • The animation on Veggietales for first two episodes are looked flubbed and weird up.
  • Edd's voice on first few season 1 episodes on Ed, Edd n Eddy is sounded alot like Sweep's voice on Sooty's Amazing Adventures or Muck's UK voice on Bob the Builder or Marge Simpson's voice on The Simpsons. He sounded sick than usual.
  • I prefer to first five series of Fireman Sam, because I like the stop-motion series of the show, the characters mouth does not move in the first four series.
  • I hope if Chiitan, Shinjo-kun and other japanese mascots whould came to the US or UK or Canada...
  • Arctic Dogs 2019 film was kinda really bored to me. But it was the best.

•  There are only few Adult Swim cartoons need some praise (such as Venture Bros, Superjail, Ballmastrz: 9009, Moral Orel, Home Movies, Metalocalypse) rather than Rick and Morty
  •  Diet Coke > Coca-Cola
  •  64 DS of Super Mario > 64
  •  HiHi Puffy Ami Yumi was not bad what critics complained how childishly obnoxious it was from what I've seen, it does have an down-to-earth feel of it
  •  Crash Nitro Kart has much better soundtrack that is more dark and less childish than Crash Team Racing has
  •  O.K K.O had more better potential and interesting than Steven Universe
  •  I am sorry to say this but, I do not care for the Naruto series
  •  Sly Cooper: Thieves of Time have better-animated cutscenes than the first three being existed back in two decades ago
  •  Crash: Mind Over Mutant has better improvement than its predecessor
  •  Darkstalkers > Street Fighter

- I hate Kaworu Nagisa from Neon Genesis Evangelion. He hogged Asuka's spotlight, had no defining character at all, and stalked Shinji. It is because of these reasons that I also hate the whole Shinji X Kaworu ship so much!

Spoiler

Thank G-d that Shinji killed him in his EVA Unit 01 (well, in the TV show and the original movie duology anyways, I've never seen any of the Rebuild movies yet).

- the Gurren Lagann movies (especially Lagann-Hen: The Lights in the Sky Are Stars) > the Gurren Lagann tv show

• 3 months later...

I unironically enjoy KOF Maximum Impact 2.

- Most of the new characters added are great and memorable in their own way (i.e. Soiree, Mignon, Fio, Chae Lim, Lilly Kane).
- Decent-looking stages in 3D (especially on a PS2)
- Crazy wall-bounces and OTG's everywhere
- First KOF to have Mr. Karate (and only KOF to have Ryo as Mr. Karate). Scratch that, the GBC version of KOF96 had him first (but it was Takuma, not Ryo).
- Nicely-designed costumes referencing other franchises and SNK characters.
- Cheesy story and English voice acting (along with the option to turn on JP voice acting which is more "serious good" than "funny good")

- and most importantly, all of the characters have a better moveset than what they have in XIV.
(Kim's pants are also presumably better in MI2 since he has more movement in his idle.)

• 1 month later...

- BLACKPINK is an overrated K-pop group. There have been and are much better girl groups in the genre than them such as GFRIEND, Dreamcatcher, Girls' Generation, and TWICE, most of their songs sound like generic American pop songs and not K-pop, and it doesn't help that their fandom (BLINKs) is very toxic.

- LOONA is also an overrated K-pop group as well but not to the same extent as BLACKPINK. Sorry, if I offended any orbits by this comment but it's still just my personal opinion anyways.

- Gundam > Evangelion

- Funko POP figures are mostly ugly pieces of plastic that do not deserve their current popularity in the slightest.

- Spider-Man 3 wasn't that bad of a movie. In fact, I would say it was the second best of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy.

- I hate how Spider-Man has been portrayed in the Amazing Spider-Man duology, the MCU, and the 2017 Spider-Man cartoon. He feels more like a more carefree version of Tony Stark from Iron Man: Armored Adventures (remember that show) in those pieces of media than Peter Parker to me.

- 4K Blu-Ray Discs are pointless. Sure, they are region-free and more optimized for 4K TVs but why even get them at all if you can just get the regular Blu-Ray version for less instead?

• 4 weeks later...

And another one as I just watched the movie for the very first time today:

• I do not like Logan (2017). You can read more about my opinion on my Letterboxd review of it: https://letterboxd.com/thewhitedevil27/film/logan-2017/ But to make a long story short, it flanderizes Logan's/Wolverine's character to bits, the plot drags on longer than it should, and it tries way too hard to be gritty and edgy. Just saying.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 1:04 PM, TheWhiteDevil27 said:

Oh, and I have a few other ones:

• a very cruel and mean-spirited rip-off of a much superior magical girl series which came out the previous year (HeartCatch Precure)!

Huh, what are the similarities between PMMM and this show? Care to briefly explain.