Potentially removing Mugen Archive from our site blacklist?

RicePigeon

Keep Mugen Archive blacklisted?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You

1 hour ago, Jirobou said:

like I'm going to take the bait and feed the drama

Also you

1 hour ago, Jirobou said:

my final word is mffa should be a case study for webmasters : how corrupt mods are going to destroy your site without fail

I find it funny how I'm the "corrupt" mod when I'm the one who advocated for the site to be removed from the blacklist in the OP.

That being said, if neither of you are going to keep it civil in this thread then I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from posting here or risk disciplinary action.

On 6/23/2018 at 8:42 PM, Jirobou said:

my final word is mffa should be a case study for webmasters : how corrupt mods are going to destroy your site without fail

the saddest part is the driving force of the corruption was just one guy , that pigeon  is alone responsible for the downfall of mffa for dragging it into the war to help his friends at mfg and md

I don't know what really ruined your experience with the site entirely and I don't know if you're gonna enlighten us with this whole "big rant" of yours but you do know that we're not trying to start drama right? We're only discussing to see if Mugen Archive deserves another chance but with what votes we have and how people feel about the site with their point of view, it looks like it won't be anytime soon even though its not the determining factor of the final thing (understood man, sorry rice)

Every site has their ups and downs, nobody's perfect. Stiring up drama won't do anybody good so instead of bashing this site like you're usually doing, you should start being civil about this and think about what would be better for this situation to make some sort of truce that would give plenty of people relief.. if that's possible.

mugenarchive is a place very bad because people there is very raw and despicable like milbury and he is a shitty person. administrators didnt ban to her/his comrades but avoid the bullies insult/flame/offend others inclusive in another pages.

i think mugenarchive may make a filter of non commentaries or a bot like chats (use bad word= ban) and only put like/dislike.

13 hours ago, yuri linda said:

mugenarchive is a place very bad because people there is very raw and despicable like milbury and he is a shitty person. administrators didnt ban to her/his comrades but avoid the bullies insult/flame/offend others inclusive in another pages.

i think mugenarchive may make a filter of non commentaries or a bot like chats (use bad word= ban) and only put like/dislike.

Yep I knew it. Your Cesar. Well then, why don't you try to bull the same stuff here Mr Cesar? I'm pretty sure Matt would loooooooooove those creations.

i think mugenarchive must be in blacklisted too. the webpage had many problems

for one point... excessive security but for another

i think web is not prepared yet.

the only good is avoid error 404 

i think the web needs many settings: 1- let users without account download maximun 50gb.

2- configuration of block spam/bad commentaries

3-let people to sync fb with the page as instagram did

4-put categories of fixing files (they uploaded in addons)

5- let chat online because discord is a problem and make chat with security bot and administrators online as mffa had.

6- option to erase repeated files and hard-critical comments

for the other things, all is ok

14 hours ago, yuri linda said:

i think mugenarchive must be in blacklisted too. the webpage had many problems

for one point... excessive security but for another

i think web is not prepared yet.

the only good is avoid error 404 

i think the web needs many settings: 1- let users without account download maximun 50gb.

2- configuration of block spam/bad commentaries

3-let people to sync fb with the page as instagram did

4-put categories of fixing files (they uploaded in addons)

5- let chat online because discord is a problem and make chat with security bot and administrators online as mffa had.

6- option to erase repeated files and hard-critical comments

for the other things, all is ok

Let's be honest, cesarsombra, you're just mad that the Mugen Archives slapped you with a permaban for sperging out calling users every Spanish profanity in your tiny little head.

(By the way, remember me? Yeah, you do!)

Setting aside the Chris-Chan of MUGEN... I'm of two minds about this thread's topic. As anyone reading it might have gathered, I'm a Mugen Archive user. In fact, up until ten minutes ago, I was pretty much a Mugen Archive user exclusively, I knew of this website and occasionally used it as a lurker for resources, but I found the links here to be dead more often than not and so grew to reply on the Archive more.

I believe, and have believed for the 12 years now that I've been a part of this hobby, that the hatred of "warehousing" is stupid and that creators who get upset when their works are hosted elsewhere (or, god forbid, edited by other users) are being silly. This is fundamentally a hobby about sharing, and people who take the Nemo's Seagull attitude of "MINE! MINE! MINE!" are missing the point, I think. So I agree strongly with the Archive's mission and am glad it exists. It fills a role that used to be filled by the old Mugen Infantry (anybody remember them?) and is frankly invaluable to the MUGEN community imo.

That said, I have recently learned that the Archives has MFFA blacklisted as this website apparently has MA blacklisted. It's petty on both ends, I think. Silly tit for tat stuff that most of us, being functioning adults (ahem) should be above. But if the Archive blacklists MFFA, I can't reasonably argue for MFFA to lower its own blacklist, unless there were some sort of mutual agreement between the two websites.

So that's my stance. I don't agree with the Archives being blacklisted, but seeing as it blacklists MFFA, I would be rather a hypocrite to argue for one side to lower its blacklist and not the other.

Let's be honest, cesarsombra, you're just mad that the Mugen Archives slapped you with a permaban for sperging out calling users every Spanish profanity in your tiny little head.

(By the way, remember me? Yeah, you do!)

He's probably going to get banned here as well.

I believe, and have believed for the 12 years now that I've been a part of this hobby, that the hatred of "warehousing" is stupid and that creators who get upset when their works are hosted elsewhere (or, god forbid, edited by other users) are being silly. This is fundamentally a hobby about sharing, and people who take the Nemo's Seagull attitude of "MINE! MINE! MINE!" are missing the point, I think. So I agree strongly with the Archive's mission and am glad it exists. It fills a role that used to be filled by the old Mugen Infantry (anybody remember them?) and is frankly invaluable to the MUGEN community imo.

Way to completely miss the point. By now, the majority of creators expect their works to be hosted somewhere else and edited. This whole thing isn't about that, but the reason why you're told to get it from the author's site is because A) It's from the author directly so you know exactly what you're getting and B) You know you will always have the most up to date version since again, it's from the author directly.

This isn't about not wanting stuff to be hosted somewhere else, this is about how MA's staff is the scummiest of the community and how they treat everyone else like shit. How they wanted to risk infecting other computers for the sake of making an extra buck. And the reasoning behind doing as such has more holes than swiss cheese(They need more money, but can afford to make a contest with money as a prize. Wait...hold up.). They removed adfly? Great! There's still the underlying problem that the head of MA staff is an asshole to everyone that even hints at not agreeing with him and the rest of the staff are like minded. Mugen Archive has been very hostile to the other Mugen communities because the rest of them didn't agree with them putting up adfly and decided to turn it into "a war". The adfly may be gone, but there's still the severe hostility of their actions. This is why I've been saying to keep it black listed. This hostility is not healthy for our community and actions have to be taken that such actions are not tolerated. When MA changes their head staff to someone that has more reason and won't automatically become paranoid of anyone disagreeing with them, then you can drop them off the blacklist.

you still disturbing us? first EDMUND ATKINSON you was attacking cesarsombra and insulted horribly his family in youtube and in MA.

you brat try not to talk me anymore or talk about all his family or etnia

all your comments are evidence to continue the demand by judicial laws.

see test 

oh and cesar is unemployed and has been for years because no one wants to hire a shrieking chimp on bath salts... he begged the internet for money but not even a single person donated. Sad!

cesar sombra You are just buttmad because you have been permanently banned from the Mugen Archives and everyone is celebrating, no more garbage Pokemon characters from a retard in Puerto Rico! You should get a job to pay for your old and used up mommy's 7 million debt instead of acting like a chimp on bath salts.... You have lots of free time for it now, hahahahaha.

MAKE A FAVOR AND ERASE ALL YOUR YOUTUBE COMMENTS !!!!

34 minutes ago, yuri linda said:

Yeah, good luck with that one Cesar. Are you going to Internet sue me for making you chimp out too? You should try hiring Kevin Landau, I hear he's great at these cases!

By the way, no one is fooled by your "pretending to be your own girlfriend" shtick, it's just embarrassing like that time you claimed you found your own creations on the dark web and they were now being made by some Wakandan witch doctor name you obviously made up.

EDIT: Oh, and I already told you I'm not Edmund, that's a friend of mine I shared your posts with and he dug up all that fun stuff on you for me. You would understand how this works if you had any friends, my man!

34 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

He's probably going to get banned here as well.

Way to completely miss the point. By now, the majority of creators expect their works to be hosted somewhere else and edited. This whole thing isn't about that, but the reason why you're told to get it from the author's site is because A) It's from the author directly so you know exactly what you're getting and B) You know you will always have the most up to date version since again, it's from the author directly.

This isn't about not wanting stuff to be hosted somewhere else, this is about how MA's staff is the scummiest of the community and how they treat everyone else like shit. How they wanted to risk infecting other computers for the sake of making an extra buck. And the reasoning behind doing as such has more holes than swiss cheese(They need more money, but can afford to make a contest with money as a prize. Wait...hold up.). They removed adfly? Great! There's still the underlying problem that the head of MA staff is an asshole to everyone that even hints at not agreeing with him and the rest of the staff are like minded. Mugen Archive has been very hostile to the other Mugen communities because the rest of them didn't agree with them putting up adfly and decided to turn it into "a war". The adfly may be gone, but there's still the severe hostility of their actions. This is why I've been saying to keep it black listed. This hostility is not healthy for our community and actions have to be taken that such actions are not tolerated. When MA changes their head staff to someone that has more reason and won't automatically become paranoid of anyone disagreeing with them, then you can drop them off the blacklist.

It'd just be the latest on a long list of places that have banned him.

I'll be honest, man, I read your earlier posts in this thread and it seems like you have some personal beef with the Archive. Not to the point of losing your mind over it like some people I could name, but I think you're approaching this thing with the Archives from a place of personal feelings rather than thinking about how it benefits the community, regardless of how the Archive's administrators may or may not behave. Honestly people up and down this community have behaved badly for years, I don't like it but that's a fact. You may feel that the leadership of the Archives are assholes, that's your prerogative and might even be true, but they still provide a useful service to the MUGEN community, one that afaik no website does anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the links here on MFFA are all on Mediafire, yeah? That can go down like other file sharing sites have gone down in the past (sometimes I wonder how much MUGEN content was lost forever when megaupload got shoa'd into oblivion), but Mugen Archive hosts its own content and has already outlived the usual lifespan for a MUGEN community. Like it or not, they're here to stay.

I regard refusing to use the Archives out of principle as refusing to go to the local Wal-Mart out of principle and driving out of your way to tinier grocery stores instead... sure, Wal-Mart is a soul-crushing corporation and its leadership is a giant bag of dicks (not saying the Archives is equivalent; I've had only good experiences with them, though I respect that your experiences went rather the other way), but it's not really accomplishing anything except inconveniencing yourself. If you want to, more power to you, but try to understand why some people just shrug and get their groceries from the place that's cheapest and most convenient to them instead. Similarly, I think upholding the blacklist out of "principle" is as petty as upholding it just because this site's leadership doesn't like that site's leadership. I'm not arguing for it to go down outright, not when MFFA is still blacklisted there, but I think this is an issue both communities are behaving somewhat childishly about.

Guest princessbitch02

el sitio que deberia estar en la lista negra son esos blogs y links de usuarios que usan sus sites para cryptomining (Me salvo firefox cuando visite el site de dissidia)

mugenarchive es el unico server de mugen por ahora

I'll be honest, man, I read your earlier posts in this thread and it seems like you have some personal beef with the Archive. Not to the point of losing your mind over it like some people I could name, but I think you're approaching this thing with the Archives from a place of personal feelings rather than thinking about how it benefits the community, regardless of how the Archive's administrators may or may not behave. Honestly people up and down this community have behaved badly for years, I don't like it but that's a fact. You may feel that the leadership of the Archives are assholes, that's your prerogative and might even be true, but they still provide a useful service to the MUGEN community, one that afaik no website does anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the links here on MFFA are all on Mediafire, yeah? That can go down like other file sharing sites have gone down in the past (sometimes I wonder how much MUGEN content was lost forever when megaupload got shoa'd into oblivion), but Mugen Archive hosts its own content and has already outlived the usual lifespan for a MUGEN community. Like it or not, they're here to stay.

If I have personal beef with MA then so do a lot of people in MFG and here. No, it's less personal beef and more my belief that certain people shouldn't have power. The fact that you claim MA provides a useful service is amusing. Their "service" isn't exclusive to them. The collections section here in MFFA is a good alternative for example and I'm certain there are other places that provide the same "service". Mediafire can go down like other file sharing sites. True. You know what else can go down like other file sharing sites? Mugen Archive's servers. They're not immune to this possibility either. MA can suddenly go kaput without warning just like any other site.

I regard refusing to use the Archives out of principle as refusing to go to the local Wal-Mart out of principle and driving out of your way to tinier grocery stores instead... sure, Wal-Mart is a soul-crushing corporation and its leadership is a giant bag of dicks (not saying the Archives is equivalent; I've had only good experiences with them, though I respect that your experiences went rather the other way), but it's not really accomplishing anything except inconveniencing yourself. If you want to, more power to you, but try to understand why some people just shrug and get their groceries from the place that's cheapest and most convenient to them instead. Similarly, I think upholding the blacklist out of "principle" is as petty as upholding it just because this site's leadership doesn't like that site's leadership. I'm not arguing for it to go down outright, not when MFFA is still blacklisted there, but I think this is an issue both communities are behaving somewhat childishly about.

Terrible analogy. When I shop at Wal-mart, I don't have to have a thorough check up on myself to see if I've been infected with cancer. Wal-mart doesn't steal other products and claim it as their own. Wal-mart doesn't go to other megastores to cause a commotion. Wal-mart doesn't ask it's customers to go to their competition to shit on it. Wal-mart isn't paranoid that the other megastores are conspiring together to shut it down. Wal-mart doesn't believe that multiple people that don't like the store are in reality the same person with different identities.

Here's the type of characters you can find in Mugen Archive

-Stuff that is still online that you can still get in original author's site.

-Same as above but edited with either a mere color change and nameswap, given ridiculous stuff and adding a bunch of prefixes to it and/or editted to fulfill a fetish.

-Shit that you only download because you absolutely hate yourself.

58 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

If I have personal beef with MA then so do a lot of people in MFG and here. No, it's less personal beef and more my belief that certain people shouldn't have power. The fact that you claim MA provides a useful service is amusing. Their "service" isn't exclusive to them. The collections section here in MFFA is a good alternative for example and I'm certain there are other places that provide the same "service". Mediafire can go down like other file sharing sites. True. You know what else can go down like other file sharing sites? Mugen Archive's servers. They're not immune to this possibility either. MA can suddenly go kaput without warning just like any other site.

Mugen Archive hosts over 80,000 files. Say you got what you want and God wiped MA from the face of the Earth, do you think the MUGEN community would be better for it? Do you think all those files can be found elsewhere, or that all their long lost creators would return from the ether to provide them back to us? I have personally uploaded characters and stages to the Archives people believed were lost forever and I am just one of many, many people that uses the Archive for this purpose. Right now there is no other website in the MUGEN community that provides this service. Is it true that certain people shouldn't have power? Absolutely. Is it worth depriving the MUGEN community of its largest resource, simply because you and a handful of others feel that the people running it are evil incarnate?

1 hour ago, Darkflare said:

Terrible analogy. When I shop at Wal-mart, I don't have to have a thorough check up on myself to see if I've been infected with cancer. Wal-mart doesn't steal other products and claim it as their own. Wal-mart doesn't go to other megastores to cause a commotion. Wal-mart doesn't ask it's customers to go to their competition to shit on it. Wal-mart isn't paranoid that the other megastores are conspiring together to shut it down. Wal-mart doesn't believe that multiple people that don't like the store are in reality the same person with different identities.

Don't you think you're being just a little bit melodramatic here? At worst, Mugen Archive is a storehouse of files being run by unpleasant people (and I don't believe they're all that unpleasant). They're not a terrorist group or a child grooming ring or Hillary Clinton. (Amusingly, I also think you're underestimating Wal-Mart's capacity for paranoia and cross-competition subterfuge, but that's another topic entirely) They're certainly not giving anyone cancer (although I did visit an oncologist following exposure to cesarsombra's army of godawful Pokemon spriteswaps, just to be on the safe side!)

I'm willing to hear you out on this, dude, but you are coming across as slightly... uh, partisan on this issue.

Mugen Archive hosts over 80,000 files. Say you got what you want and God wiped MA from the face of the Earth, do you think the MUGEN community would be better for it? Do you think all those files can be found elsewhere, or that all their long lost creators would return from the ether to provide them back to us? I have personally uploaded characters and stages to the Archives people believed were lost forever and I am just one of many, many people that uses the Archive for this purpose. Right now there is no other website in the MUGEN community that provides this service. Is it true that certain people shouldn't have power? Absolutely. Is it worth depriving the MUGEN community of its largest resource, simply because you and a handful of others feel that the people running it are evil incarnate?

Yea, all those files can be found elsewhere. And if you can't find them, mugen forums have a request section. Someone is bound to have it and if not...well, it must not have been that great to begin with. Either way, even if it's a very old creation that not many people have anymore aside from the fact such an old creation is outdated and there has to be a better version of that made somewhere else, MA has been making it hard to actually download from their site no doubt as a response to being forced to remove the adfly links. Especially with those community weekends. Come on, more than half of their registered accounts only registered to actually download from there, not to participate in their community.

Don't you think you're being just a little bit melodramatic here? At worst, Mugen Archive is a storehouse of files being run by unpleasant people (and I don't believe they're all that unpleasant). They're not a terrorist group or a child grooming ring or Hillary Clinton. (Amusingly, I also think you're underestimating Wal-Mart's capacity for paranoia and cross-competition subterfuge, but that's another topic entirely) They're certainly not giving anyone cancer (although I did visit an oncologist following exposure to cesarsombra's army of godawful Pokemon spriteswaps, just to be on the safe side!)

Melodramatic? Actually, that analogy of mine is more accurate than you think.

I'm willing to hear you out on this, dude, but you are coming across as slightly... uh, partisan on this issue.

What a coincidence. I was thinking the same about you.

6 hours ago, Darkflare said:

Yea, all those files can be found elsewhere. And if you can't find them, mugen forums have a request section. Someone is bound to have it and if not...well, it must not have been that great to begin with. Either way, even if it's a very old creation that not many people have anymore aside from the fact such an old creation is outdated and there has to be a better version of that made somewhere else, MA has been making it hard to actually download from their site no doubt as a response to being forced to remove the adfly links. Especially with those community weekends. Come on, more than half of their registered accounts only registered to actually download from there, not to participate in their community.

Forgive me for being blunt, but I think you're being delusional or at the very least optimistic in the extreme on this. Also, saying "well if nobody has it besides MA then it must not have been that great to begin with" reeks of childlike thinking that is beneath you and is more the thing cesarshadow would say, "I can't get that thing? Well, fine, it sucks and I never wanted it anyway!" Since MA has seen considerable growth, it would seem most of the rest of the community does not agree with your assessment; even if we take for truth the very optimistic assumption that all of the Mugen Archive's tens of thousand of files are possessed by other members of the community (or are so bad that no one wants them), what does a person do if want a file that is only held by some lurker who does not engage with the community like I used to be? Post a topic here and hope I notice it and decide to be generous? The Archive streamlines that process, it provides a place where sharing files is as easy as clicking a button and filing out a few fields (wheras the only other option is to tediously register with a filesharing service) as well as find such characters. And yeah, most people that register accounts only do that to download files, but that would be the same here too if registering was required to view the download links.

Melodramatic? Actually, that analogy of mine is more accurate than you think.

Can you tell me in detail how it is accurate? Like I said, I'm willing to hear you out on this, even if I am skeptical.

What a coincidence. I was thinking the same about you.

If I was partisan I would be just mindlessly shilling for MA and would refuse to hear anything negative about them. I have already admitted your experiences with MA, whatever they may have been (you haven't told me in any detail yet) were valid, even if I am currently not convinced they were more than a single person's bad experiences.  If I was partisan I would refuse to listen to your side at all. As it is I am a supporter of MA but not a mindless one, i acknowledge they have both good and bad points and am willing to hear why you consider them more of a negative force than a positive one.

4 hours ago, Milbury said:

Forgive me for being blunt, but I think you're being delusional or at the very least optimistic in the extreme on this. Also, saying "well if nobody has it besides MA then it must not have been that great to begin with" reeks of childlike thinking that is beneath you and is more the thing cesarshadow would say, "I can't get that thing? Well, fine, it sucks and I never wanted it anyway!" Since MA has seen considerable growth, it would seem most of the rest of the community does not agree with your assessment; even if we take for truth the very optimistic assumption that all of the Mugen Archive's tens of thousand of files are possessed by other members of the community (or are so bad that no one wants them), what does a person do if want a file that is only held by some lurker who does not engage with the community like I used to be? Post a topic here and hope I notice it and decide to be generous? The Archive streamlines that process, it provides a place where sharing files is as easy as clicking a button and filing out a few fields (wheras the only other option is to tediously register with a filesharing service) as well as find such characters. And yeah, most people that register accounts only do that to download files, but that would be the same here too if registering was required to view the download links.

Well said my dude. Plus I suggested that they add a "download later" option for Lurkers. So community weekend can be less of a problem so the Lurkers can download the file after the event is over. And that whole streamlining line was so true. Say if you wanted Jotaro by Warusaki3. What would you want to do? Get it fast and easy via going through a few pages? Or go find a Japanese website that you (likely) won't even be able to read? For most of us we would go with the first. Hell archive even has a thread just for files that need updating where you can give them the updated version and then they put that version over the older one. By the Mr Darkflare, if a creation was posted to Mugen Archive, made available only there and then somebody made a link for a different site, Would that also count a stealing?