AI taunt for matchover

wicloud

Question

AI taunt for matchover

hey! novice ai coder here...well beginner more likely.. im curious to know if it's possible to get a character to use a taunt when the match is over...not through time up or while being dead ofc..but to just rub defeat in the opponents face...and detect simul mode *pairs*. i dont want the character to taunt endlessly knowing a second opponent is still alive XD

[State -1, taunt]

type = ChangeState

value = 195

anim = 195

triggerall = AIlevel && random<AILevel*8

triggerall = matchover = 1

triggerall = random < 500

trigger1 = p2life = 0

this is my attempt, sadly lopunny by endercreeper will not taunt at all her sprite group for taunt is 180 but the state is 195. im making all her ai codes for level 8 only..incase people wont want her to have AI.

2 answers to this question

probably a dumb answer but... isn't the match "over" when the winner is officially declared?

seems a bit useless too, I mean, isn't the winpose enough? probably it gets overridden right because it's matchover (so p2life = 0 is the only necessary trigger). but again, that would mean endless taunting so you need a variable that checks the player has already done the taunt and check that var as trigger. Also that random and AIlevel triggers may be blocking it too, try doing it without those triggers to see if it works.

7 hours ago, mulambo said:

probably a dumb answer but... isn't the match "over" when the winner is officially declared?

seems a bit useless too, I mean, isn't the winpose enough? probably it gets overridden right because it's matchover (so p2life = 0 is the only necessary trigger). but again, that would mean endless taunting so you need a variable that checks the player has already done the taunt and check that var as trigger. Also that random and AIlevel triggers may be blocking it too, try doing it without those triggers to see if it works.

i forgot to mark this off as answered yesterday, someone on the discord helped me XD but thanks anyway