Sonic Mania Act 1 released!

RoySquadRocks

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, since no one else ever gave some feedback, I guess I can give a amateur attempt at things I could see needing to be fixed:

-Please tell me a grab is coming in the next update. Sonic's melee game is really awkward without one and he's pretty much forced to use kicks only or the crouching hazards.

-Tails should not be on the same "assist cooldown" timer as his other assists since he's always behind Sonic. Technically, not Knuckles either. Personally, I would like cooldown to be a smidge shorter, or maybe have Moto Bugs be a little more spammable than the other more devastating assists since they're basic weak cannon fodder and could be Sonic's "weak Hadouken" while waiting for the true baddies to regenerate.

-Sonic can be "hit in the signs" during his punches, not sure about his crouching hazards. It doesn't make sense at all because it's a disconnected weapon, even if it were for balance's sake, the Sonic sign on his hard punch has a really odd hitbox that doesn't even fully cover the sprite. (Need to see what it looks like in hitbox mode, I see enemies clip through the top while jumping in and not take damage).

-Why does he have cooldown on his dash? He's Sonic, running should be second nature for him, and not leave him open. Even in the Classic games, you can jump while skidding. I commonly dash towards the enemy and get hit while skidding because I'm so used to dashing in with others.

-"Studiopolis" could do more damage since it's a hyper? It does around the same damage as the Egg Rider assist and far less than Puyo Puyo. If damage must be kept low, can it OTG? I'm assuming more hypers like a Super Sonic hyper or maybe a Forces reference are coming? Or maybe the Mirage Saloon Sonic The Fighters cameo hyper? Having Bean be in at all would be the best.

-Lightning Shield could be a bit more generous with it's hitbox if it must only hit while Sonic is going upwards? It should at least cover the whole shield sprite? Bubble Shield needs a buff in some way, enemies can tech after being spiked and then hit Sonic while he's bouncing. Maybe if it could OTG, had the hitbox cover the whole shield, be untechable, let Sonic block or bounce again after the initial bounce would greatly help.

I REALLY love the quirky direction this Sonic has. Love all the spawning too much, haven't had a Sonic this legitimately interesting since Time Flux Sonic. I really like the van intro too, it's vastly more unique than any intro I would expect from a Sonic. What about a spring super jump similar to Brawl/Smash 4?

2 minutes ago, Pluscross said:

-"Studiopolis" could do more damage since it's a hyper? It does around the same damage as the Egg Rider assist and far less than Puyo Puyo. If damage must be kept low, can it OTG? I'm assuming more hypers like a Super Sonic hyper or maybe a Forces reference are coming? Or maybe the Mirage Saloon Sonic The Fighters cameo hyper? Having Bean be in at all would be the best.

I agree. It's too weak. It can only be useful on long stages. I only use the Puyo Puyo hyper when I play as Sonic Mania. It has a longer range and as already stated deals more damage.