The Roleplay Paradise Redux Deluxe Edition: The Role-play strikes back!

Darkflare

On 1/7/2020 at 10:06 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

hMHyDFJ.gif

Speaking of secrets, detective. The name's LightFlare. I have a question. What did you do to defeat the creature you fought? And have they shared any common weaknesses? We were able to overwhelm it but that might not always be the case. If I may ask, is there any obvious weapons or...well anything that work best?

On 1/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"I have the same question. While I don't plan on actively seeking these things out, it would be better if we knew the best way to deal with them should we get caught having to fight another of them."

60319d782e.png

Detective Abraxas: Unfortunately, our efforts to find some manner of weakness were probably as successful as your own, though we may have battled much different creatures as well. So far, only brute force has sufficed in ridding of the creatures; I do not doubt that there is a shared weakness among these creatures, but, chances are, we do not have it. Neither our magics nor our weaponry were enough to fell them quickly. All I hope is that the samples we could retrieve will prove fruitful in the labs they are in.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:48 PM, Dumanios said:

1hxSiUf.png

"I don't know what that was but it was kinda scary and very ugly. I'm okay though and I don't think there's any infection things going on."

Penelope quietly smiled at Flandre to show that she was at least listening. It sounded like they were all safe, at least.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:48 PM, Dumanios said:

kf72uxx.jpg

"You're secrets are safe with us... there are more of those creatures?"

d267e21708.png

Detective Abraxas: Yes, there are many more of those creatures. Intuition suggests that they are most likely from another world, though what that world may be is unknown to me. As far as how many there are...well...they may be as infinite as whatever universe they reside in. Our branch has battled at least four types of them already. While I am on the subject...would you be willing to describe its appearance to me? Knowing as much as I can possibly figure could help in determining a way to halt their entry into our world.

On 1/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, Darkflare said:

GSj1BsV.png

"Just doing your job. I just don't want any misunderstandings. I mean, some of their majesty's knights have passed by here for training after all."

8b4932b2ce.png

Detective Abraxas: Considering the circumstances, I would not be surprised if you start to see more of the Royal Guard making their way to your establishment; to have the possibility of an encounter while being able to train in the same area would be like a dream to some of those among their ranks!

7 hours ago, A person said:

60319d782e.png

Detective Abraxas: Unfortunately, our efforts to find some manner of weakness were probably as successful as your own, though we may have battled much different creatures as well. So far, only brute force has sufficed in ridding of the creatures; I do not doubt that there is a shared weakness among these creatures, but, chances are, we do not have it. Neither our magics nor our weaponry were enough to fell them quickly. All I hope is that the samples we could retrieve will prove fruitful in the labs they are in.

d267e21708.png

Detective Abraxas: Yes, there are many more of those creatures. Intuition suggests that they are most likely from another world, though what that world may be is unknown to me. As far as how many there are...well...they may be as infinite as whatever universe they reside in. Our branch has battled at least four types of them already. While I am on the subject...would you be willing to describe its appearance to me? Knowing as much as I can possibly figure could help in determining a way to halt their entry into our world.

29U7aJW.png

"You all were fighting different types. I get the feeling this is the beginning of some sort of invasion and these creatures are the scouts they sent to look for any weaknesses."

vDEq115.jpg

"I would think they would use something more subtle for scouting though."

29U7aJW.png

"I believe they're simply figuring out what creatures they possess would be the most problematic for our kind here."

vDEq115.jpg

"Well, we fought just the one creature. It seemed to be focused in close range but had the ability to absorb energy attacks."

ATFW2x0.png

"Let's make this easier for our detective. Hisui, playback the recording from the battle."

TtEMVAX.png

"Understood."

The mecha maid proceeded to project a hologram of what it saw during the battle with the creature.

8b4932b2ce.png

Detective Abraxas: Considering the circumstances, I would not be surprised if you start to see more of the Royal Guard making their way to your establishment; to have the possibility of an encounter while being able to train in the same area would be like a dream to some of those among their ranks!

ATFW2x0.png

"I can't complain there. The blood knights are always the kind that always come back to this place. Of course, I would prefer no creatures to be attacking this area to begin with."

LuXkfPB.png

"By the way detective, my apologies for bringing this up but as someone that reports directly to their majesties perhaps you can confirm something for me. Are the rumors that the queen was a former commander true?"

12 hours ago, A person said:

60319d782e.png

eNLyopx.jpg

Well then. That's that. Not much else you can do" I suppose. 

PQuQMQn.png

Guess we'll just keep beating them up until we find a weakness. I guess we're bound to learn SOMETHING...

NdA9epB.png

Every battle is a chance to learn.

bLgA5TA.png

Well would you look at that? Sounds like someone is enjoying themselves out on the battlefield.

cerqKd3.png

Causing physical harm to others is indeed fulfilling. Am I right?!

12 hours ago, A person said:

8b4932b2ce.png

KQFRz1O.png

So there's a chance a portal can open in the same place more than once?

On 1/15/2020 at 7:01 PM, A person said:

d267e21708.png

On 1/16/2020 at 3:04 AM, Darkflare said:

ATFW2x0.png

"Let's make this easier for our detective. Hisui, playback the recording from the battle."

TtEMVAX.png

"Understood."

The mecha maid proceeded to project a hologram of what it saw during the battle with the creature.

CXSYg3n.jpg

Watching the fight again gave an interesting perspective. Even her stronger spellcards weren't a sure hit on this thing. She hoped Flandre and that Sasuke guy had a few tricks up there sleeve.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:11 AM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

KQFRz1O.png

CXSYg3n.jpg

Raina didn't like the sound of that - even one of those creatures was trouble.

ZZDj9GI.png

"We'll just beat the next one like we did before!"

On 1/16/2020 at 2:04 AM, Darkflare said:

TtEMVAX.png

"Understood."

Abraxas carefully watched the recording, paying closer attention to the creature than anything else, but still keeping an eye on the methods they used to attack it. Once it was over, he nodded.

814755ad46.png

Detective Abraxas: It seems like our work is cut out for us. We have yet to encounter that variation of creature, but it seems as though it is one of the more capable of them. It seemed to be highly aware of its environment, though not to the point of omniscience as it was clear there were vulnerabilities in its style of combat. However, that ability to absorb projectiles could be quite troublesome...I would not want to face them in a group. The one you faced was quite easily the most intelligent and capable of the creatures we have encountered thus far. It makes me wonder just what else is in store.

On 1/16/2020 at 2:04 AM, Darkflare said:

LuXkfPB.png

"By the way detective, my apologies for bringing this up but as someone that reports directly to their majesties perhaps you can confirm something for me. Are the rumors that the queen was a former commander true?"

99e4d513e0.png

Detective Abraxas: Actually, yes, she is a former commander of a now-defunct unit formed during a somewhat turbulent time. People often referred to them as "Crusaders", though if there was any kind of crusade, you could say that it was against the monster forces that originated from the witches that once plagued the land. It's strange now that magic which was once seen as a bane upon humanity is now widely recognized and loved, and Her Majesty doesn't even bat an eye at the thought.

On 1/16/2020 at 6:11 AM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

KQFRz1O.png

60319d782e.png

Detective Abraxas: Unfortunately, yes, the chance for a portal to reopen is always out there. I suppose it would be safe to assume that a portal is always persistent in an area, but remains mostly invisible to the naked eye when inactive. If I had to guess, they leave some manner of "residue" in the area they opened at previously that regathers when it is time to open again. I just wish there was some way for us to confirm that theory.

On 1/19/2020 at 6:25 PM, Dumanios said:

ZZDj9GI.png

"We'll just beat the next one like we did before!"

99e4d513e0.png

Detective Abraxas: Haha, quite eager, aren't we? It seems that not even a foe as dangerous as that one can dampen this one's spirits!

He proceeded to check his watch.

d267e21708.png

Detective Abraxas: Ah, I have to return to what I was doing soon. Before then, does anyone have anymore questions?

19 hours ago, A person said:

814755ad46.png

Detective Abraxas: It seems like our work is cut out for us. We have yet to encounter that variation of creature, but it seems as though it is one of the more capable of them. It seemed to be highly aware of its environment, though not to the point of omniscience as it was clear there were vulnerabilities in its style of combat. However, that ability to absorb projectiles could be quite troublesome...I would not want to face them in a group. The one you faced was quite easily the most intelligent and capable of the creatures we have encountered thus far. It makes me wonder just what else is in store.

ciAhl9M.gif

I agree. But I'm unsure what to think of this. On the one hand, we were able to best a strong creature by working together. One that could possibly be the strongest of whatever group or species these things are. On the other hand, you did mention this one is much stronger than any of the others you faced. If that is any indication of how these things will continue to appear, then each beast my be stronger than the last.

3JHnYjM.png

Things are definitely not looking good for the home team...

Anwalt didn't know just how right he was...

99e4d513e0.png

Detective Abraxas: Actually, yes, she is a former commander of a now-defunct unit formed during a somewhat turbulent time. People often referred to them as "Crusaders", though if there was any kind of crusade, you could say that it was against the monster forces that originated from the witches that once plagued the land. It's strange now that magic which was once seen as a bane upon humanity is now widely recognized and loved, and Her Majesty doesn't even bat an eye at the thought.

NdA9epB.png

This place is quite magical.

60319d782e.png

Detective Abraxas: Unfortunately, yes, the chance for a portal to reopen is always out there. I suppose it would be safe to assume that a portal is always persistent in an area, but remains mostly invisible to the naked eye when inactive. If I had to guess, they leave some manner of "residue" in the area they opened at previously that regathers when it is time to open again. I just wish there was some way for us to confirm that theory.

P2tbVPL.png

Actually I think you're on the right track. I use portals myself. I can make them appear anywhere I want. Once I've made them appear in a particular place, I can make them reappear in the same spot. I can even do this from miles away. I can even travel to different worlds. I just have to visit them at least once. The reason is every place has it's own..."signature". Once you know that, you can return there whenever you want. Well...at least that's how I do it.

A6xdOZC.jpg

I have to admit...it's a petty cool ability. That also explains why you didn't just warp to Candor...or Kalos even.

cerqKd3.png

Correct...

d267e21708.png

Detective Abraxas: Ah, I have to return to what I was doing soon. Before then, does anyone have anymore questions?

eNLyopx.jpg

No, sir. I don't wanna hold you up. Im sure you have a ton of things you need to attend to. If I can help in any way, I'm up for the task. Not that you need my help. The Royal Guard look well equipped for the job. 

8 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

ciAhl9M.gif

I agree. But I'm unsure what to think of this. On the one hand, we were able to best a strong creature by working together. One that could possibly be the strongest of whatever group or species these things are. On the other hand, you did mention this one is much stronger than any of the others you faced. If that is any indication of how these things will continue to appear, then each beast my be stronger than the last.

3JHnYjM.png

Things are definitely not looking good for the home team...

Anwalt didn't know just how right he was...

vDEq115.jpg

"What a pain... We just barely got out of that mess, if they got something stronger we would be in serious trouble."

On 1/24/2020 at 12:57 AM, A person said:

99e4d513e0.png

LuXkfPB.png

"So it's true then.  Heh...I would love to see her capabilities for myself someday..."

ATFW2x0.png

"Magic is but another form of power. It can be wielded for the good of all just as it can be wielded to spread pain among the people. Her Majesty is clearly aware of this fact."

9 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

P2tbVPL.png

Actually I think you're on the right track. I use portals myself. I can make them appear anywhere I want. Once I've made them appear in a particular place, I can make them reappear in the same spot. I can even do this from miles away. I can even travel to different worlds. I just have to visit them at least once. The reason is every place has it's own..."signature". Once you know that, you can return there whenever you want. Well...at least that's how I do it.

vDEq115.jpg

"I wouldn't be surprised if these things can do something similar. Although the idea of an enemy being capable of teleporting to a previous location so easily is rather concerning..."

9 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

eNLyopx.jpg

No, sir. I don't wanna hold you up. Im sure you have a ton of things you need to attend to. If I can help in any way, I'm up for the task. Not that you need my help. The Royal Guard look well equipped for the job. 

vDEq115.jpg

"We could potentially be more of a hindrance to the guard than help. We only just fought that monster, these guys clearly have things handled."

9 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"What a pain... We just barely got out of that mess, if they got something stronger we would be in serious trouble."

hMHyDFJ.gif

Indeed. Well...look on the bright side. We did manage to defeat the creature relatively unscathed.

vDEq115.jpg

"I wouldn't be surprised if these things can do something similar. Although the idea of an enemy being capable of teleporting to a previous location so easily is rather concerning..."

cerqKd3.png

It's quite useful for..."easy infiltration"

PQuQMQn.png

When "I" make those kind of jokes...it's funny. When YOU make those kind of jokes...its CREEPY.

Cx5k0kB.png

Who said I was joking?

Lmycsm8.jpg

You know, Umbra. I think I'm rubbing off on you. Or...should it be the other way around?

amh4Kwf.png

Heh...and then you go and 1up him on the "cringe fest."

CXqCJeh.png

Welcome to MY nightmare, Walt. 

vDEq115.jpg

"We could potentially be more of a hindrance to the guard than help. We only just fought that monster, these guys clearly have things handled."

vTgi43N.jpg

Hahaha...you sure you don't wanna get in a few more rounds, Lilith?

21 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

P2tbVPL.png

A6xdOZC.jpg

I have to admit...it's a petty cool ability. That also explains why you didn't just warp to Candor...or Kalos even.

cerqKd3.png

Correct...

CXSYg3n.jpg

"If the monsters are all connected, then that makes sense. But then, who or what let them be able to teleport here in the first place?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 3:34 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

vTgi43N.jpg

Hahaha...you sure you don't wanna get in a few more rounds, Lilith?

vDEq115.jpg

"Not that I mind getting into the fray myself, but I suppose I don't get as much enjoyment out of it like you do. Well that and after that battle with the monster and seeing it from the perspective of that mecha maid, I'm convinced that as we are right now, we would be over our heads being involved in this matter."

Abraxas took a glance at his watch again.

d267e21708.png

Detective Abraxas: I am terribly sorry, but it seems like it is time for me to take my leave; there is somewhere that I must return to. I am certain that I will meet you all at a later time, so, until then, take care of yourselves.

The man waved at the group and proceeded to make his way out of the Warrior's Hangout, followed by his entourage. The guards outside, however, did not depart with him as he made his way through their barrier. He came to a halt by someone decked in armor and seemed to whisper something to them before continuing on his way out of the area. Penelope let out a sigh of relief.

9bd2007dc7.png

Penelope: Man, something about that guy makes me really nervous...

5 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"Not that I mind getting into the fray myself, but I suppose I don't get as much enjoyment out of it like you do. Well that and after that battle with the monster and seeing it from the perspective of that mecha maid, I'm convinced that as we are right now, we would be over our heads being involved in this matter."

eNLyopx.jpg

Ah...I'm beginning to see your lack of battle experience doesn't stem from a lack of wanting it. Don't sell yourself short, Lilith. I can tell that you have a mind for combat. Another reason why you and Darkflare are definitely alike. Speaking of which, I heard him offer you a job. You really gonna take him up on that?

5 hours ago, A person said:

d267e21708.png

Detective Abraxas: I am terribly sorry, but it seems like it is time for me to take my leave; there is somewhere that I must return to. I am certain that I will meet you all at a later time, so, until then, take care of yourselves.

CXqCJeh.png

Take care, Detective.

LightFlare, Melina, Umbra wave goodbye to Det. Abraxas.

cerqKd3.png

I like him. There's something about his smile that makes me feel like I know him already.

PQuQMQn.png

That's because behind that smile is probably a blood thirsty killer loves torturing strange beasts for a living.

Cx5k0kB.png

Yes! You felt it too?!

bLgA5TA.png

I definitely felt something...

The man waved at the group and proceeded to make his way out of the Warrior's Hangout, followed by his entourage. The guards outside, however, did not depart with him as he made his way through their barrier. He came to a halt by someone decked in armor and seemed to whisper something to them before continuing on his way out of the area. Penelope let out a sigh of relief.

3JHnYjM.png

(Looks like are "smiley faced" detective is leaving but his guards are not...)

9bd2007dc7.png

A6xdOZC.jpg

I don't blame you, hun. Behind his pleasant demeanor is a calculated leader. Guys like that can be trouble when you're on their opposing side. And that's coming from me...

4 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

eNLyopx.jpg

Ah...I'm beginning to see your lack of battle experience doesn't stem from a lack of wanting it. Don't sell yourself short, Lilith. I can tell that you have a mind for combat. Another reason why you and Darkflare are definitely alike. Speaking of which, I heard him offer you a job. You really gonna take him up on that?

vDEq115.jpg

"I probably should. Who knows when I will have another opportunity like this. We should all consider what our next action will be, I imagine we want to do different things."

10 hours ago, A person said:

29U7aJW.png

"This whole monsters business is really getting out of hand..."

14 hours ago, A person said:

Abraxas took a glance at his watch again.

d267e21708.png

9bd2007dc7.png

CXSYg3n.jpg

'Hmm. When Penny mentions it, something does seem off... maybe it's just that this is a different world, but... Abraxas was his name, wasn't it?'

1hxSiUf.png

"I don't know, he seemed fine to me. He forgot to take his guards with him though. Maybe he doesn't get along with them?"

6 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"I probably should. Who knows when I will have another opportunity like this. We should all consider what our next action will be, I imagine we want to do different things."

hMHyDFJ.gif

Well...I think I've accomplished my initial mission and then some. Not only did I introduce you to Darkflare, but he's offered you a job. Gotta admit I didn't see that one coming. But, I'm gonna stick around for a bit. Maybe spend some of this prize money.

Lmycsm8.jpg

I'm down with that. 

6 hours ago, Darkflare said:

29U7aJW.png

"This whole monsters business is really getting out of hand..."

hMHyDFJ.gif

"Spidey senses" tingling, Dark? I know her majesty is off high integrity...but what do you know about this Detective Abraxas?

1 hour ago, Dumanios said:

1hxSiUf.png

"I don't know, he seemed fine to me. He forgot to take his guards with him though. Maybe he doesn't get along with them?"

amh4Kwf.png

Oh they get along. As in if they don't do what he says they pay for it in spades...

uejEFLZ.png

I think you're being a bit judgmental. You of all people don't have room to judge.

PQuQMQn.png

You're no saint either...little brother...

cerqKd3.png

Shame...shame...hahaaha!

1 hour ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

hMHyDFJ.gif

"Spidey senses" tingling, Dark? I know her majesty is off high integrity...but what do you know about this Detective Abraxas?

29U7aJW.png

"Nothing. There hasn't been a reason for me to be figuring out who's on her Majesty's secret service. What I'm concerned is the reason for the guards to stick around, I have a feeling they want to lock down this place."

29U7aJW.png

"If something suspicious is going on within the royal guards, I seriously doubt the royals themselves would know about it."

ATFW2x0.png

"That reminds me.... there's been rumors about activity in the poorer parts of this city that could escalate into a civil war. They've been sending guards over to that area to investigate, but there has been nothing concrete to prove anything is happening."

GSj1BsV.png

"With any luck those guards will eventually leave and this whole thing will blow over. Maybe things will finally quite down and I can get some rest."

1 hour ago, Darkflare said:

29U7aJW.png

"Nothing. There hasn't been a reason for me to be figuring out who's on her Majesty's secret service. What I'm concerned is the reason for the guards to stick around, I have a feeling they want to lock down this place."

29U7aJW.png

"If something suspicious is going on within the royal guards, I seriously doubt the royals themselves would know about it."

ATFW2x0.png

"That reminds me.... there's been rumors about activity in the poorer parts of this city that could escalate into a civil war. They've been sending guards over to that area to investigate, but there has been nothing concrete to prove anything is happening."

GSj1BsV.png

"With any luck those guards will eventually leave and this whole thing will blow over. Maybe things will finally quite down and I can get some rest."

vTgi43N.jpgThe longer I'm here, the more I realize Candor is a bit more exciting than I thought. The..."plane"...wad attacked by pirates on the way over. We get here and there are guards all over the place. And after a killer workout...we're attacked by some homicidal portal jumping monster. Now we have guards about to potentially quarantine this entire building.

urqQDyn.jpg

And the day...isn't even over.

yL8WmPS.jpg

Careful, Light. Or your..."excitement", will start "showing".

DF252C6.gif

Since when are you noticing my "excitement?"

A6xdOZC.jpg

Since you switched from the loose gi to tight jeans, "Light Bright."

ciAhl9M.gif

Careful. I don't want Walt flying across the room at me fist first.

Lmycsm8.jpg

No big deal. Just LightFlare Cannon and you'll be fine.

BtiCbvK.gif

Now where have I heard that one before?

On 2/4/2020 at 8:28 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

hMHyDFJ.gif

Well...I think I've accomplished my initial mission and then some. Not only did I introduce you to Darkflare, but he's offered you a job. Gotta admit I didn't see that one coming. But, I'm gonna stick around for a bit. Maybe spend some of this prize money.

Lmycsm8.jpg

I'm down with that.

446wz9Q.png

"Some downtime would be nice. It feels like we've been on the move constantly these past few days."

9bd2007dc7.png

Penelope: Ehh...sooo...what should we do, then? We're not gonna get much done standing around here!

Despite not being able to do anything to help the group out, she thought that, at the very least, she could get the ball rolling! Even if the most they could do is just train or something.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:23 AM, Dumanios said:

446wz9Q.png

"Some downtime would be nice. It feels like we've been on the move constantly these past few days."

21 hours ago, A person said:

9bd2007dc7.png

Penelope: Ehh...sooo...what should we do, then? We're not gonna get much done standing around here!

Despite not being able to do anything to help the group out, she thought that, at the very least, she could get the ball rolling! Even if the most they could do is just train or something.

vTgi43N.jpg

Looks like we're going out then. Let's have a bit of fun. I could use a bit of down time, myself. Lucent, you guys coming right?

CXqCJeh.png

Sure. We could...

Spoiler

Lucent suddenly receives a call. His face changes from joy to horror. 

mxw29nd.png

I'm sorry. We will have to postpone our outing. It seems that the creatures have begun invading our home world as well. We need to return home. 

JJVR107.png

What?! The hell?! We gotta go, now!

NdA9epB.png

Umbra, can you get us there soon?

cerqKd3.png

My pleasure...

Umbra concentrates as he opens a large portal. Through it was Lucent, Anwalt and Umbra's home world. The portal was inside the lobby of the hideout, out of site of the guards outside.

PQuQMQn.png

Let's hope this big portal goes unnoticed by the guards. I'm sure they'll be suspicious of ANY large gaping holes to other worlds right now.

CXqCJeh.png

Well...this is where we part ways. It's been fun. I hope we can catch up again sometime. Once we've disposed of the threat in our home world, maybe we can return here and pick up where we left off.

xGkrj0n.jpg

I suspect you want to handle this yourselves?

NdA9epB.png

Yes...

amh4Kwf.png

Sorry, "Hero". You're gonna have to sit this one out. But don't worry, I have a feeling you'll be needed here soon enough. Those guards look tough, but they ain't tough like you and I. Plus I need you to look out for Melina till I get back.

yL8WmPS.jpg

I can look out for myself, thank you. You just come back in one piece. You still owe me a date, knucklehead.

bLgA5TA.png

Sure thing...see ya soon.

Anwalt slowly walks to Melina. He smirks as he kisses her on the cheek.

hCpznHZ.png

Just...just...come back safe, knucklehead.

nFsYCZR.png

If you guys are done making out, I'd like to get back home before...you know...IT'S TOO LATE!

Qw908MR.png

Shove it, Umbra...

eNLyopx.jpg

Haha... we won't hold you up. Be safe. Till me meet again. Thanks for everything.

LightFlare shakes their hands and wishes them well. Melina waves as the three stand in front of the portal taking another minute to say goodbye to the others they became friends with on their journey...

vDEq115.jpg

"Hopefully, they'll be fine..."

On 2/12/2020 at 2:00 AM, A person said:

9bd2007dc7.png

vDEq115.jpg

"I imagine it will be quite some time before we figure out what's dragged you into this world. That reminds me....have you been able to work on your meditating?"

Meanwhile, Darkflare approached the entrance to speak to the guards.

GSj1BsV.png

"Oi, you got your job and all, but I need to know how long you guys are going to be there seeing as you're basically locking down my business."

On 2/12/2020 at 10:30 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

vTgi43N.jpg

Looks like we're going out then. Let's have a bit of fun. I could use a bit of down time, myself. Lucent, you guys coming right?

CXqCJeh.png

Sure. We could...

Reveal hidden contents

Lucent suddenly receives a call. His face changes from joy to horror. 

mxw29nd.png

I'm sorry. We will have to postpone our outing. It seems that the creatures have begun invading our home world as well. We need to return home. 

JJVR107.png

What?! The hell?! We gotta go, now!

NdA9epB.png

Umbra, can you get us there soon?

cerqKd3.png

My pleasure...

Umbra concentrates as he opens a large portal. Through it was Lucent, Anwalt and Umbra's home world. The portal was inside the lobby of the hideout, out of site of the guards outside.

PQuQMQn.png

Let's hope this big portal goes unnoticed by the guards. I'm sure they'll be suspicious of ANY large gaping holes to other worlds right now.

CXqCJeh.png

Well...this is where we part ways. It's been fun. I hope we can catch up again sometime. Once we've disposed of the threat in our home world, maybe we can return here and pick up where we left off.

xGkrj0n.jpg

I suspect you want to handle this yourselves?

NdA9epB.png

Yes...

amh4Kwf.png

Sorry, "Hero". You're gonna have to sit this one out. But don't worry, I have a feeling you'll be needed here soon enough. Those guards look tough, but they ain't tough like you and I. Plus I need you to look out for Melina till I get back.

yL8WmPS.jpg

I can look out for myself, thank you. You just come back in one piece. You still owe me a date, knucklehead.

bLgA5TA.png

Sure thing...see ya soon.

Anwalt slowly walks to Melina. He smirks as he kisses her on the cheek.

hCpznHZ.png

Just...just...come back safe, knucklehead.

nFsYCZR.png

If you guys are done making out, I'd like to get back home before...you know...IT'S TOO LATE!

Qw908MR.png

Shove it, Umbra...

eNLyopx.jpg

Haha... we won't hold you up. Be safe. Till me meet again. Thanks for everything.

LightFlare shakes their hands and wishes them well. Melina waves as the three stand in front of the portal taking another minute to say goodbye to the others they became friends with on their journey...

446wz9Q.png

"Good luck you guys," Raina said with a smile.

4 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

vDEq115.jpg

"I imagine it will be quite some time before we figure out what's dragged you into this world. That reminds me....have you been able to work on your meditating?"

ZZDj9GI.png

"Meditating? That sounds cool!"

On 2/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

On 2/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, Dumanios said:

446wz9Q.png

"Good luck you guys," Raina said with a smile.

Having said their last goodbye's, at least till they meet again...Lucent, Awnalt and Umbra step through the portal. Anwalt stands on the other side smiling at Melina as the portal closes...

fad5Wfs.png

Till next time, Walt...stay alive...

tLbuhF2.gif

Don't worry, Mel. Umbra's resourceful, Lucent's reliable...and Anwalt is to stubborn to die. 

9gXT6YP.gif

Well...I guess we can take a tour of the city now. So, Penny. Was that festival you saw earlier still going? I guess if it was close to here they've probably already shut it down.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, Darkflare said:

GSj1BsV.png

"Oi, you got your job and all, but I need to know how long you guys are going to be there seeing as you're basically locking down my business."

LightFlare yells to Darkflare...

hMHyDFJ.gif

Hey, Dark! Any idea what to do for fun in this city? Actually...

Before Darkflare could answer, Light walks over to merchant girl from before who helped them with registration.

hMHyDFJ.gif

Excuse me, young lady. I was hoping you had a few suggestions. Me and my friends would like to do a bit of sight seeing.

@Darkflare

On 2/14/2020 at 12:48 PM, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

d53e5c803b.png

Penelope: Eheheh...weeeeell...

She had completely forgotten about that. It's not like she knew how to do it, anyway! It was probably super hard anyway! Maybe she could learn from someone else, though...

On 2/14/2020 at 12:48 PM, Darkflare said:

GSj1BsV.png

One of the guards happened to be kind enough to pay some attention to Darkflare.

3cf5c3a2d8.png

Guard: We'll be here for a couple of hours, unfortunately. I don't know if Detective Abraxas told you, but we've had portals reopen before, usually between a few seconds to a couple of hours. We're just keeping guard here in case it happens again. If it doesn't, we'll be on our way.

d53e5c803b.png

Penelope: Eheheh...weeeeell...

She had completely forgotten about that. It's not like she knew how to do it, anyway! It was probably super hard anyway! Maybe she could learn from someone else, though...

vDEq115.jpg

"Why am I not surprised? It's going to be harder for you to learn anything if you don't learn to focus."

3cf5c3a2d8.png

Guard: We'll be here for a couple of hours, unfortunately. I don't know if Detective Abraxas told you, but we've had portals reopen before, usually between a few seconds to a couple of hours. We're just keeping guard here in case it happens again. If it doesn't, we'll be on our way.

GSj1BsV.png

"He told me a few things, but not how long you guys would be here. I got a lot of people inside and I can't guarantee I can keep track of everyone trying to sneak out, so I'll have to ask to keep an eye out. If you need anything, feel free to ask and I'll see what I can do."

On 2/17/2020 at 12:29 AM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

hMHyDFJ.gif

Excuse me, young lady. I was hoping you had a few suggestions. Me and my friends would like to do a bit of sight seeing.

@Darkflare

541An4t.png

"Well, you're technically in the biggest tourist trap around here"

VTF1AFl.png

"This city is somewhat old fashioned so there's a certain charm to it if you're used to more modern things. The castle in the center of the city is a popular place to sightsee even though you won't be able to actually go inside. Other than that, it's still a very big city, so it should be easy to find something to do."

qpDOSs4.png

"Oh, but try to avoid the north west. I'm afraid there's nothing there but slums. The royals have been trying to improve conditions there but there seems to be all sorts of problems preventing them from doing so."