The Roleplay Paradise Redux Deluxe Edition: The Role-play strikes back!

Darkflare

Story-hyd21.png

"The worst part of it is that if I had lost my sanity I would have become one of those monsters. I guess I was one of the lucky ones."

Story-hyd11.png

"But being an In-birth ain't too bad. I can still do normal stuff. I just have to deal with the Hollow Night now."

Story-hyd4.png

"So what about you? I'm guessing that having powers like yours is normal in your world as well."

?d=UshTCdw9HBv72ildIYtwVI1zYPEY2eIahxYJ3

LightFlare, Melina and Lilith find the cafeteria. Much like the rest of the hotel, it was quite elegant. There was beautiful and relaxing music. Chef's could be seen preparing fresh entrees. There was also a buffet style set up with various items to choose from. The traditional breakfast foods were available as well as items that my be considered lunch or even dinner.

Lmycsm8.jpg

What a spread! Well...can't eat standing around...

DF252C6.gif

I second that...

Melina and Light grab a plate and begin fixing thier plates...

21 hours ago, Darkflare said:

Story-hyd21.png

"The worst part of it is that if I had lost my sanity I would have become one of those monsters. I guess I was one of the lucky ones."

Story-hyd11.png

"But being an In-birth ain't too bad. I can still do normal stuff. I just have to deal with the Hollow Night now."

Story-hyd4.png

"So what about you? I'm guessing that having powers like yours is normal in your world as well."

zMfroBj.png

"Well, not everyone has powers, but it's kinda common. My abilities were inherited from my mother, actually. It runs in the family."

CXSYg3n.jpg

Raina wondered how things were going at home. Her presence was a big deal back in Fantasia - with her missing just about everyone would be hard at work searching... perhaps fruitlessly.

No, Raina would be able to return home once this was over. It was just a matter of finding the culprit.

Fortunately, Raina and Hyde were almost at the cafeteria, the smell of freshly-cooked food helping to serve as a distraction.

23 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

?d=UshTCdw9HBv72ildIYtwVI1zYPEY2eIahxYJ3

LightFlare, Melina and Lilith find the cafeteria. Much like the rest of the hotel, it was quite elegant. There was beautiful and relaxing music. Chef's could be seen preparing fresh entrees. There was also a buffet style set up with various items to choose from. The traditional breakfast foods were available as well as items that my be considered lunch or even dinner.

vDEq115.jpg

(I shouldn't be surprised, but there's quite a lot of choices here. It's going to be hard to pick what to eat.)

2 hours ago, Dumanios said:

zMfroBj.png

"Well, not everyone has powers, but it's kinda common. My abilities were inherited from my mother, actually. It runs in the family."

Story-hyd20.png

"Huh, first time I heard about someone gaining powers through their parent. Here I thought that was just something you would see in manga."

Hyde then smelled the aroma of the food coming from the cafeteria.

Story-hyd4.png

"Man, that smells pretty good. I hope it's just as tasty."

Anwalt Vermillion

After following Lilith and the others, Anwalt reached the cafeteria as well. The sweet and delicious smell of food made his stomach rumble.

zIr2IaD.png

Anwalt: God, this looks delish! I don't even know what I want to eat first!

Lucent Vermillion and Umbra

BGM: Sunshine Airport

After a walk, Lucent and Umbra finally reached the airport. It seemed packed with heavy tourist movement, as if the sounds of multiple groups of people chatting were inerent to the place.

RkbFSBh.png

Lucent: The airport still seems filled as every.

wm0vOw6.png

Umbra: Well then, we should buy eight tickets. What sort of class are you going to pick for them?

O2v6BcD.png

Lucent: The high one, perhaps.

WhCRjPu.png

Umbra: After booking a hotel such as that one, it doesn't leave me surprised.

Xu0BPHU.png

Lucent: I mean, I think I do want to provide some comfort to them. If I have the means to, why not?

rOPOfrx.png

Umbra: Not going to discuss there. Let's go buy the tickets at the booth then.

MxZF7ui.png

Lucent: We can buy them via internet. We need to find us a restaurant to have breakfast then.

xMW2Ex6.png

Umbra: What was the point of coming here if you weren't buying on the booth then?

92X2IUY.png

Lucent: We did a walk, we chatted for a bit... it ended up being fun.

hUFT0EN.png

Umbra: That could've been done at the hotel.

CKDNoQ7.png

Lucent: Let's just find somewhere to eat without any complaints. Besides, we're close to the embark, so it's easier for us to wait here.

urhiuvO.png

Umbra: *sigh* OK, I got it.

Penelope would finally burst into the cafeteria, taking deep breaths. She had to run down so many stairs to get here...but at least she made it on time! Hopefully!

5edc059aa4.png

Penelope: Haaah...I'm here, everyone! Don't leave yet! I gotta-

As soon as she spotted the food, her mind was entirely cleared and her hunger soon made itself evident to her. Her eyes sparkled at all of the food on display. All of that beautiful food on display, and for her to eat! Ohhh, this day was already turning out great!

662133aa5f.png

Penelope: ...EAAAAAT!

She immediately ran at the buffet, snatching up a plate and some utensil before piling on whatever she could fit onto the plate. She was going to fill herself up to make sure she was good to go for the rest of the day. She didn't care how things would go immediately after; all that mattered was now!

DF252C6.gif

Looks like most of us are here now. Let's have a seat here, Melina.

A6xdOZC.jpg

Sure. You got enough or are you gonna get a third plate too? 

Melina laughs as she teases LightFlare. LightFlare places his two plates on the large table and chuckles as he responds.

hMHyDFJ.gif

I'm a growing boy. And no...this probably won't be enough.

LightFlare and Melina sit down. Melina smiles and waves at the others to join them at the table.

Lilith looked toward Penelope as she ran in

vDEq115.jpg

(Did she ran all the way here? It almost seems like she took the stairs...)

Then Penelope began to serve herself...

vDEq115.jpg

(...she's definitely hungry.)

Lilith proceeded to begin picking and serving herself her breakfast.

Meanwhile, Hyde and Raina arrive at the cafeteria.

Story-hyd08.png

"Whoa, this place has a lot of stuff to eat. I don't even know where to start."

Hyde then notices Melina waving for the others.

Story-hyd4.png

"Oh, I see the others. Looks like we weren't too late."

8 hours ago, Darkflare said:

Meanwhile, Hyde and Raina arrive at the cafeteria.

Story-hyd08.png

"Whoa, this place has a lot of stuff to eat. I don't even know where to start."

Hyde then notices Melina waving for the others.

Story-hyd4.png

"Oh, I see the others. Looks like we weren't too late."

zMfroBj.png

"Guess we're right on time," Raina responded. With the amount of food that was there... Raina would have a hard time picking what to eat.

Anwalt Vermillion

Anwalt made his plate and went to the table where the rest were sitting. His plate was a mountain of mixed foods altogether. It looked and felt like a mess, but that pile was the amount he was going to eat.

k4bdZbr.jpg

Anwalt: Well then, since we're all here, let's have a good time!

13 hours ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Anwalt Vermillion

Anwalt made his plate and went to the table where the rest were sitting. His plate was a mountain of mixed foods altogether. It looked and felt like a mess, but that pile was the amount he was going to eat.

k4bdZbr.jpg

Anwalt: Well then, since we're all here, let's have a good time!

LightFlare chuckles as he sees that he isn't the only one with a big appetite.

DF252C6.gif

I knew a reason I liked you, Walt! Dig in big guy!

LightFlare starts eating..

yL8WmPS.jpg

Good morning, Walt! 

Anwalt Vermillion

zIr2IaD.jpg

Anwalt: Yo, Melina! Day's going to be wild, so we better pick our new energy right from the start.

Anwalt grabbed his fork and knife, beginning his "breakfast". Small pile by small pile, the food went down on his stomach.

Lilith picked her portions and sat down with the others.

vDEq115.jpg

"Geeze, you eat like you haven't done so in days..."

Hyde joined them afterwards once he grabbed his breakfast.

Story-hyd16.png

"I was about to ask if the food here was as good as the rest of the place, but after seeing Anwalt and Penelope, I think I got my answer."

1 hour ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Anwalt Vermillion

zIr2IaD.jpg

Anwalt: Yo, Melina! Day's going to be wild, so we better pick our new energy right from the start.

Anwalt grabbed his fork and knife, beginning his "breakfast". Small pile by small pile, the food went down on his stomach.

Melina laughs sarcastically...

yL8WmPS.jpg

Don't hold back on my account, Walt. Dig right in! I wonder if your brother shares your appetite. Where is he, anyway? He gonna show up or is he gonna keep dodging or "local hero" ovwr here?

hMHyDFJ.gif

Who...me? Why would he be trying tp avoid me?

A6xdOZC.jpg

Yea, Walt. Why do you suppose that?

Melina was being an instigator. She knew Lucent didn't particularly like how LightFlare used his dark powers during battle. She stood up for him, but she could tell he wasn't buying her or Lilith's explanation. Coupled with the fact that Lucent had avoided being in Light's presence, and she realized that Lucent has avoided LightFlare this whole time...

Penelope had at least bothered to seat herself at their table before digging into the mountain of food she had, but she was no longer aware of the world around her. She was now solely focused on the food, the need for food, and her desire to eat every single crumb of food. She did have the manners to use silverware, though! And she somehow kept the food localized to the plate. She seemed to be intent on making sure none of it was wasted.

11 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

Melina laughs sarcastically...

yL8WmPS.jpg

Don't hold back on my account, Walt. Dig right in! I wonder if your brother shares your appetite. Where is he, anyway? He gonna show up or is he gonna keep dodging or "local hero" ovwr here?

hMHyDFJ.gif

Who...me? Why would he be trying tp avoid me?

A6xdOZC.jpg

Yea, Walt. Why do you suppose that?

Melina was being an instigator. She knew Lucent didn't particularly like how LightFlare used his dark powers during battle. She stood up for him, but she could tell he wasn't buying her or Lilith's explanation. Coupled with the fact that Lucent had avoided being in Light's presence, and she realized that Lucent has avoided LightFlare this whole time...

CXSYg3n.jpg

Lucent hadn't seemed on edge or bothered when Raina had talked to him last night, but... no, she recalled the slight discontent he'd held when Lightflare and Melina had arrived. She remembered how Anwalt had said that Lucent didn't do "fighting for fun", only "fighting for survival". Lightflare's dark aura had worried even her when he'd first unveiled it...

It seemed that while Raina had concluded that Lightflare had it under control, Lucent reached a different conclusion. At least, that's what Raina's thoughts were. A man who fought for the sake of fighting, with an untamed dark side that could take power at any moment... was that Lucent's view on the Martial Artist?

With food on the mind, she'd wait to weigh in on this discussion.

__hakurei_reimu_touhou_drawn_by_cato_mon

Anwalt Vermillion

As Anwalt dealt with 1/3 of the pile, Melina asked about Lucent. She clearly noticed his actions while LightFlare seemed to not understand. He would've liked for this to be kept in silence and having both sides resolve this issue by themselves, but that's not going to happen.

Gip87Gx.jpg

Anwalt: Your fight with Hyde and your dark aura, that's why. When we were watching, we thought it was fine and that you had it under control, even if you seemed mad for like, 6 seconds.

bYfZfKi.jpg

Anwalt: Lucent didn't. He saw it as over the limit. We explained the idea of respect between both fighters but I hardly think he saw that as "respectful".

gpCHHJB.jpg

Anwalt: So yeah, he has something against you and is on caution 24/7. That's the reason why he took the stairway and why he's eating out.

12 hours ago, Agni Blackheart said:

gpCHHJB.jpg

Anwalt: So yeah, he has something against you and is on caution 24/7. That's the reason why he took the stairway and why he's eating out.

ciAhl9M.gif

I see...well. I can't blame him for being cautious. A power such as this does not come without a price. Since we're all here to get to know each other...I'll start...

Spoiler

884bf72cbecaf21d3b8076ec59807414.png

I'm a fighter. It's all I know. I fought to survive. I fought to make a living. I fought to become stronger. I've always moved around. When I arrived in Kalos, I thought this would just be another city I was gonna be passing threw. It was a large city...and I was looking to lay low from the cops. Yeah...funny how a potential fugitive can become a city's saviour. But because of a recent brawl that got the attention of the authorities in a nearby town...I was receiving some unwanted attention. When I arrived I made A few friends, made my first appearance at The Bottom, made more friends, help defend the city and possibly the world against a megalomaniac named Igniz. But...

BtiCbvK.gif

Before that final battle, I had one more advisory to defeat. I had to defeat...myself. Or rather...a part of me. 

61a056df3224b463483cb292f6890d05.jpg

His name...was NegaFlare. He started out as an extension of my power. But during a deep meditation, I entered a realm that was dark and desolite. He was there waiting for me. He said this was his home and that he planned to escape. But to do so he needed to defeat me. 

evilryu-comic02.jpg

The battle was intense. He nearly defeated me. But I managed to seal him using the Misogi, a technique that physicaly binds the body and spirit. With it I was as able to seal NegaFlare away in that realm. Possibly a part of my subconscious. I awoke from my meditation with full control of my powers Light...and Dark.

hMHyDFJ.gif

I rejoined my comrades and we fought together and defeated Igniz and his army. And I've been here ever since...

MHOIQHm.jpg

(Wow...so that's what he meant by defeating himself...)

urqQDynh.jpg

With this power, I have a great responsibility to keep it in check. I train everyday. Meditate. And continue to push myself to my full potential. I live by this code...Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger...so you can do your best

LightFlare was very serious but a slight smile of content soon showed as he nodded and to others and continued eating...

Lilith quietly began eating her breakfast. She remained silent while they were discussing Lucent's avoidance of Light. She figured that while a problem, it was something that in the end could only be resolved between Light and Lucent themselves. To her, Light did seem to have some trouble regaining control, but didn't think too much about it other than what she discussed with Lucent. Then Light mentioned his story and she had something else to add to her theory regarding Light's powers.

vDEq115.jpg

"You sealed that thing away? Are you sure that seal of yours has held up for this long?"

7 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

Lilith quietly began eating her breakfast. She remained silent while they were discussing Lucent's avoidance of Light. She figured that while a problem, it was something that in the end could only be resolved between Light and Lucent themselves. To her, Light did seem to have some trouble regaining control, but didn't think too much about it other than what she discussed with Lucent. Then Light mentioned his story and she had something else to add to her theory regarding Light's powers.

vDEq115.jpg

"You sealed that thing away? Are you sure that seal of yours has held up for this long?"

LightFlare takes a break to talk...

eNLyopxh.jpg

Back then, I would have fits of rage occasionally. But ever since that day...I've been at peace. It's probably why I've been able to settle down as well. It's like...tranquility...peace. I was calm...and sure of myself. I may joke at times, but even in battle...im confident that I'm in control.

Anwalt Vermillion

tQRQBst.png

Anwalt: So that's what happened... hell, that's one big of a story.

Before Anwalt could comment anything else, Anwalt's terminal started to ring.

gpCHHJB.png

Anwalt: (Well, speak of the devil.) Yo, what's up?

Lucent: I'm calling to warn you that I got us an airship to Candor. I bought everyone's tickets and the ship will depart in three and a half hours. Make you bag and bring mine as well, please.

zIr2IaD.png

Anwalt: Whoa, nice work! We'll be there soon enough!

Lucent: Alright. We'll be waiting you all here.

tId049Z.png

Anwalt: Got it! Wait... "we"?

Lucent: Oh... yeah, "we". Because Umbra's here with me

Lucent Vermillion and Umbra

Anwalt: WHAT?! *cough* *cough*

RkbFSBh.png

Lucent: H-Hey, calm down. Eat first and then talk.

Anwalt: I can't believe this! And you just let him follow along?!

CKDNoQ7.png

Lucent: You know that Umbra won't listen to us if we decide to send him back.

biie24u.png

Umbra: That's right. I won't.

Anwalt: Oh, so he's hearing it. Hey, Umbra? When I get my hands on you, I'm tossing you back on an airship straight home!

jOTGpYG.png

Umbra: Tough luck, Lord Anwalt. I'd clearly like to see that happening.

Anwalt: Ahahaha... but you are a big piece of-

TDBYIFw.png

Lucent: Enough, both of you!!

At Lucent's call, Anwalt and Umbra stopped before they could even start a discussion over the phone.

MIkaczm.png

Lucent: I won't admit this sort of childish discussion between both of you! This may be our trip, but we're in a group of people and it's supposed to be fun for everyone! If you two decide to start this again, I'm beating you two up with my spells. Was I clear?!

xMW2Ex6.png

Umbra: *gulp* Y-Yes...

O2v6BcD.png

Lucent: Also, instead of discussing with Umbra over the line, finish eating breakfast. Like I said, you have three and a half hours before the airship departs. Make sure that everyone has their bags prepared as well.

Anwalt: Tch, fine... I'll tell everyone back here to get ready as well.

VKKWV1y.png

Lucent: Alright then. See you all in three and a half hours.

Lucent turned the call off and looked at the smiling Umbra.

QfSllBW.png

Lucent: You had to provoke him... for no reason.

rOPOfrx.png

Umbra: What's the problem about it? I'm just stating the truth.

RKzCTYN.png

Lucent: *sigh* Can't we have just a normal trip?

5 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

ciAhl9M.gif

I see...well. I can't blame him for being cautious. A power such as this does not come without a price. Since we're all here to get to know each other...I'll start...

Reveal hidden contents

884bf72cbecaf21d3b8076ec59807414.png

I'm a fighter. It's all I know. I fought to survive. I fought to make a living. I fought to become stronger. I've always moved around. When I arrived in Kalos, I thought this would just be another city I was gonna be passing threw. It was a large city...and I was looking to lay low from the cops. Yeah...funny how a potential fugitive can become a city's saviour. But because of a recent brawl that got the attention of the authorities in a nearby town...I was receiving some unwanted attention. When I arrived I made A few friends, made my first appearance at The Bottom, made more friends, help defend the city and possibly the world against a megalomaniac named Igniz. But...

BtiCbvK.gif

Before that final battle, I had one more advisory to defeat. I had to defeat...myself. Or rather...a part of me. 

61a056df3224b463483cb292f6890d05.jpg

His name...was NegaFlare. He started out as an extension of my power. But during a deep meditation, I entered a realm that was dark and desolite. He was there waiting for me. He said this was his home and that he planned to escape. But to do so he needed to defeat me. 

evilryu-comic02.jpg

The battle was intense. He nearly defeated me. But I managed to seal him using the Misogi, a technique that physicaly binds the body and spirit. With it I was as able to seal NegaFlare away in that realm. Possibly a part of my subconscious. I awoke from my meditation with full control of my powers Light...and Dark.

hMHyDFJ.gif

I rejoined my comrades and we fought together and defeated Igniz and his army. And I've been here ever since...

MHOIQHm.jpg

(Wow...so that's what he meant by defeating himself...)

urqQDynh.jpg

With this power, I have a great responsibility to keep it in check. I train everyday. Meditate. And continue to push myself to my full potential. I live by this code...Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger...so you can do your best

LightFlare was very serious but a slight smile of content soon showed as he nodded and to others and continued eating...

CXSYg3n.jpg

"Sealed away then..."

Lilith had already expressed her concerns, Raina would simply be echoing what she'd said. Back in Fantasia, inexperienced seals could become undone by the very beings they're meant to imprison. It seemed that Lightflare's seal was handled well, though, but still... it may be something to watch out for.

Anwalt Vermillion

After turning off the call, Anwalt looked at the others and decided to interrupt them for a second.

Gip87Gx.png

Anwalt: Hey, before we can continue with the whole knowing each other business, I got an update on our situation I want to pass out.

gpCHHJB.png

Anwalt: Just received a call from Lucent and he told us we're going to Candor via airship. He told us to prepare our bags and to be there in three and a half hours.

JRDEVlk.png

Anwalt: With that out of the way, someone wants to speak up next?

Story-hyd12.png

"I got to say something. I was hoping we would all be grouped together for this."

Story-hyd21.png

"Last night, I was having a chat with Lucent and I remembered about a few friends of mine. I know it's a long shot, but I'm planning to stick around this place in the hopes of seeing if I can find them. I don't think I'm the only one from my world that got dragged here."