The Roleplay Paradise Redux Deluxe Edition: The Role-play strikes back!

Darkflare

18 hours ago, A person said:

Penelope quickly took notice of Anwalt's presence, but hearing him agreeing with Lilith only made her more upset. But she couldn't really challenge their judgement, could she? After all, they were adults, and she was always told to respect their opinions. She let out a sigh of defeat, but almost immediately perked back up. After all, at least she was still getting to spend time with someone cool!

2f04eb5450.png

Penelope: Well, okay! Looks like it's gonna be me and you after all, Raina!

She grinned at the girl. Though she really, really wanted to get her own room, sharing a room with another girl was going to probably be even better than being in a room alone. In her mind, she was squealing in joy. Her excitement was also slowly beginning to well up inside of her. It was only a matter of time before that bomb went off again.

zMfroBj.png

"Alright! Let's go ahead to our room," Raina exclaimed.

Penelope was a nice kid, probably about five years younger than Raina. She reminded the shrinemaiden of Kana back home, the little spirit who constantly tried to prove her strength. While Penelope's drive manifested in different ways, there were some similarities, and they'd probably get along.

Her thoughts turned to the rest of the people she'd met. Hyde... she'd barely interacted with him. He seemed to mostly keep to himself, all things considered. Maybe she should try and talk with him later?

Lilith (and wasn't that a coincidence?) was... rather similar to the Lilith she knew. Although they looked and fought nothing alike, they were both very serious individuals that focused on fighting. It seemed though that this Lilith fought for fun, while Lilith Ohtonkah only fought when necessary - something that made her not exactly fit with the rest of Fantasia...

Lilith's quest to find this 'Darkflare' was now what motivated the party, it seemed. Hopefully Darkflare would tell them some important information.

Anwalt and Lucent both seemed like decent people. Anwalt was someone who could fight well and did it for fun - he'd probably get along really with Nanye. From what Raina had heard of Lucent, he only fought out of necessity, with a past life that lead to a dislike for it. Raina had fought a guy like that once, motivated by anger and loss and desperation, with a desire to wipe out all monsters in Fantasia. With a guy like Anwalt around though, he wouldn't ever become like that guy.

And Lightflare... a strong man with a welcoming aura and personality, but a hidden dark power within him. He'd be a powerful ally... or a grave foe, should that darkness take over. From what Raina could tell, he had that dark power under control.

And why was something in the back of her mind saying he was familiar, anyway?

"Ah, here we are."

On 1/14/2019 at 1:30 PM, Dumanios said:

zMfroBj.png

"Alright! Let's go ahead to our room," Raina exclaimed.

Penelope was a nice kid, probably about five years younger than Raina. She reminded the shrinemaiden of Kana back home, the little spirit who constantly tried to prove her strength. While Penelope's drive manifested in different ways, there were some similarities, and they'd probably get along.

Her thoughts turned to the rest of the people she'd met. Hyde... she'd barely interacted with him. He seemed to mostly keep to himself, all things considered. Maybe she should try and talk with him later?

Lilith (and wasn't that a coincidence?) was... rather similar to the Lilith she knew. Although they looked and fought nothing alike, they were both very serious individuals that focused on fighting. It seemed though that this Lilith fought for fun, while Lilith Ohtonkah only fought when necessary - something that made her not exactly fit with the rest of Fantasia...

Lilith's quest to find this 'Darkflare' was now what motivated the party, it seemed. Hopefully Darkflare would tell them some important information.

Anwalt and Lucent both seemed like decent people. Anwalt was someone who could fight well and did it for fun - he'd probably get along really with Nanye. From what Raina had heard of Lucent, he only fought out of necessity, with a past life that lead to a dislike for it. Raina had fought a guy like that once, motivated by anger and loss and desperation, with a desire to wipe out all monsters in Fantasia. With a guy like Anwalt around though, he wouldn't ever become like that guy.

And Lightflare... a strong man with a welcoming aura and personality, but a hidden dark power within him. He'd be a powerful ally... or a grave foe, should that darkness take over. From what Raina could tell, he had that dark power under control.

And why was something in the back of her mind saying he was familiar, anyway?

"Ah, here we are."

Penelope didn't hesitate in trying to get into the room first, attempting to open the door without the keycard. After a few attempts and almost yanking the doorknob off in frustration, she would finally realize her mistake.

9bd2007dc7.png

Penelope: Oh, haha, I forgot we needed a card, err...do you have it?

At this time, she wasn't bothering to reflect on anyone; she just had to see the room! It had to be absolutely massive, like a room out of a mansion! But after a bit, MAYBE she would take some time to reflect upon today's events. Maybe. She probably wouldn't though.

Anwalt Vermillion

The elevator opened and Anwalt came out of it, being one of the last people to arrive. He saw Raina and Penelope standing there, seemingly waiting for something to happen. That's understandable: they didn't pick a card.

bYfZfKi.png

Anwalt: Girls, I think you just forget to pick a card. You know, just saying...

zIr2IaD.png

Anwalt: So there's 711, 712, 713, 716, 717 and 719 left. Which one are you picking?

On 1/16/2019 at 4:46 PM, Agni Blackheart said:

Anwalt Vermillion

The elevator opened and Anwalt came out of it, being one of the last people to arrive. He saw Raina and Penelope standing there, seemingly waiting for something to happen. That's understandable: they didn't pick a card.

bYfZfKi.png

Anwalt: Girls, I think you just forget to pick a card. You know, just saying...

zIr2IaD.png

Anwalt: So there's 711, 712, 713, 716, 717 and 719 left. Which one are you picking?

Raina turned. Having been defeated by the door, she had realized it required a key, keys hat Anwalt currently held.

Seemed Raina still had a lot to learn about the outside world.

”713 sound alright to you, Penelope?” Raina asked. @A person

On 1/17/2019 at 9:52 PM, Dumanios said:

Raina turned. Having been defeated by the door, she had realized it required a key, keys hat Anwalt currently held.

Seemed Raina still had a lot to learn about the outside world.

”713 sound alright to you, Penelope?” Raina asked. @A person

Penelope smiled brightly. A room high up? This was going to be awesome! She loved looking out from high spots, it made her feel like she was the queen of the world! But, then again, in a big city like this, there probably wasn't going to be much of a view. Oh well, at least she could claim she was bigger than the ants below!

2f04eb5450.png

Penelope: Yeah, that sounds great! Let's go, go, goooo!

She didn't hesitate to make a dash for the room specified. She just had to get there first!

Hyde proceeded to head toward the elevator. He didn't like the idea of being treated like a kid but decided to keep quite as he figured they would turn it against him if he did. Once the elevator reached it's floor destination, he stepped out and headed toward Lucent's room.

Story-hyd0.png

"714. Here it is."

He proceeded to knock on the door.

Story-hyd0.png

"Lucent, you there? I'm taking up on that offer."

Anwalt and Lucent Vermillion

k4bdZbr.png

Anwalt: Choice fully processed. Please receive this keycard as a token of appreciation. I hope you keep using the Vermillion Keycard Distributing Services. *gives keycard to Raina*

R3iTabs.png

Anwalt: Well, if you all need me, I'm staying on #719. Night, girls!

Anwalt left to his room, swiped the keycard and went in. Meanwhile, hearing the knock, Lucent opened the door.

2layhcI.png

Lucent: Good to know you took the offer. Please come in.

MxnGosg.png

Lucent: There's a bathroom right there in the back, showers and bathtub included. The closet is over here, but if you don't like it, you can use the drawers and cabinets. There's a button for room service over here, right next to the door.

92X2IUY.png

Lucent: Also, about the bed, you can sleep on it alone. I'll just rest in the desk.

Story-hyd0.png

"Thanks for the offer and sorry if I cause you too much tr-"

Hyde then realized what Lucent said about the bed.

Story-hyd08.png

"Whoa, hold up. I'll just sleep on the couch instead. You paid for all this, it only seems fair you get the bed."

Lucent Vermillion

Lucent closed the door as Hyde went in. His companion seemed troubled about having to share a room and about Lucent's opinion on who should use the bed.

rnTyN8K.png

Lucent: Trouble? Hardly. It would be a problem if I left you sleeping with Anwalt.

u22ZljA.png

Lucent: And I still insist on you taking the bed. I really don't need it and the fact I bought our stay isn't exactly the best way to convince me on taking it.

Lucent Vermillion

BF9MMSp.png

Lucent: Well, please enjoy it and make yourself at home. I'm sure it's really comfortable.

Lucent went back to the desk and scrolled around the computer once more. He then asked Hyde about something that has been bugging him off.

O2v6BcD.png

Lucent: By the way, I was wondering. Did they plan something for tomorrow while I was away?

49 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Anwalt and Lucent Vermillion

k4bdZbr.png

Anwalt: Choice fully processed. Please receive this keycard as a token of appreciation. I hope you keep using the Vermillion Keycard Distributing Services. *gives keycard to Raina*

R3iTabs.png

Anwalt: Well, if you all need me, I'm staying on #719. Night, girls!

Anwalt left to his room, swiped the keycard and went in. Meanwhile, hearing the knock, Lucent opened the door.

On 1/19/2019 at 10:40 AM, A person said:

Penelope smiled brightly. A room high up? This was going to be awesome! She loved looking out from high spots, it made her feel like she was the queen of the world! But, then again, in a big city like this, there probably wasn't going to be much of a view. Oh well, at least she could claim she was bigger than the ants below!

2f04eb5450.png

Penelope: Yeah, that sounds great! Let's go, go, goooo!

She didn't hesitate to make a dash for the room specified. She just had to get there first!

zMfroBj.png

"Thanks," Raina responded. Once Raina got to the right room, she swiped the card and got into the room. A very nice room it was, although...

"Do you want the bed?"

Everyone was in their rooms. Some where settling in while others were contemplating what lied ahead for tommorow. LightFlare was in his room reflecting on the day and things to come...

TrJ2PwIl.jpg

(It's been an interesting day. I find myself in a hotel room. The finest around and I didn't pay a dime. Seems like this kind of thing happens to me a lot. Even when I settle down...I somehow find myself moving around. Guess I'll be paying my old frienemy a vist. I'm interested to see just what Lilith has to do with Darkflare. What is her story? In fact...what is the story of everyone here? We'll have time to get to know each other tomorrow, I guess. Most of them seem friendly. Or polite at least. And strangely they all seem like skilled fighters. Well...except young Penelope of course. One of them must be her guardian. Same with Hyde. But that doesn't seem like the case. They don't seem to be related or even know each other very well. Guess I'm not the only one who quickly befriends strangers. Guess I'll hit the showers and go to sleep...)

LightFlare freshens up, hops into his bed and falls asleep. Meanwhile, Melina was about to hit the shower before she headed back downstairs...

yPciA7o.png

What a day. A girl can only take such much before she has to unwind. Time to get clean...and later if I bump into Anwalt...I can get dirty again. Lol!

Melina showers and heads downstairs to the pool. She finds a nice spot to chill out and gaze at the starry night as she reflected on the days events...and what's to come.

YPx55Hn.jpg

(Ahhh...that's more like it. Underneath this tough girl exterior is a girl, who like any other girl...just needs a little me time at the end of the day. And what better place than in one of the most swanky-danky places in this oversized city. And how did I get here? Oh yea! Cuz some rich kid and his cute older brother fronted the bill! Lol! Gotta love that! Gotta say that Lilith gave me a good workout. That move at the end...I wonder why she held back. She could have definitely gained the upper hand had she used it earlier. Guess that's inexperience for you. Still...she's much stronger than she realizes. I'm sure Light feels the same about Hyde...)

Melina continues to relax by the pool. The pool itself sits in the center of the hotel and can be seen by tenants who's rooms are odd numbers.

Lilith entered her room. Not surprisingly, the room was particularly fancy. She looked around it exploring every detail on it.

vDEq115.jpg

(It's a nice room. I guess it helps keep a feeling of home to the wealthy that are away.)

She began to think back to the day's events before deciding to dismiss them.

vDEq115.jpg

(It was a weird set of circumstances but there isn't much point in thinking about it much. It's best for me to follow my advice and get some rest...after I wash up of course.)

Lilith proceeded with her night rituals before heading to sleep herself.

17 hours ago, Dumanios said:

zMfroBj.png

"Thanks," Raina responded. Once Raina got to the right room, she swiped the card and got into the room. A very nice room it was, although...

"Do you want the bed?"

9bd2007dc7.png

Penelope: W-wait, there's only one bed?! Uhhh...

That wasn't how she imagined the place would be like. She heard there were usually two beds in each room, not one! Did Lucent accidentally get the wrong rooms for them? Oh well, she had to make a choice. Though she really wanted to sleep on that fluffy cloud of comfort and joy, she was probably also going to have hard time waking up from that cloud. It was probably better for her to take the harsh road this time around, if she wanted any hope of waking up on time.

a501ec99f0.png

Penelope: Nah, you can go ahead and sleep on it! I can sleep anywhere, so I should be fine with a chair!

And without hesitation, she promptly seated herself upon the lone couch in the room. Now she could properly reflect upon the day. 

She still wondered how she got here. Someone couldn't have just taken her over here, somebody would've definitely seen it, and she'd have been somewhere else instead of behind a dumpster. Her Mom would've also called a search party by now, with how protective she was of her. Just what was going on here? And all of these other people here, Hyde and Raina especially, they looked like they were in the same spot as her. Except they could probably cut and shoot their way out of it. She, on the other hand, couldn't do that. She was going to have to do something about that, and watching those fights helped to give her some ideas. Soon, she was going to have to start practicing, and going into swordplay looked like it was the best thing to try out. But getting home was a high priority. She promised herself that she would get back home, but she also needed to find out just what was going on here that would bring all of them together. Maybe she was overthinking it, but it's not every day a lady with dark powers, a light show-making shrine maiden, a guy with some red energy, two possible aliens, a big guy with crazy powers, and a flirty booby lady came together. Her eyelids started to droop. It looked like her body was telling her to worry more about sleep than the day, so she decided to doze off.

She quickly dozed off, neglecting her nightly rituals. She wasn't home, after all, so she she didn't really have a way to do all of that stuff anyway! She could get away with slacking off for a bit, right? She quietly wondered what tomorrow would bring while she slept.

Anwalt Vermillion

BGM: Song of the Ancients -Devola/Instrumental-

After settling down at his room, Anwalt went to the window to watch over the view. He looked at the night sky, filled with stars.

JRDEVlk.png

Anwalt: Ain't today's sky beautiful... what a start. Now we're going through another adventure. Sort of. I don't know what else awaits us beyond this point.

He went to his bed and tossed himself onto it. Upon resting his head, he began to contemplate the situation for a while. Like him and Lucent, Lilith came here out of her own volition, as it seemed to be. Penelope, Hyde and Raina didn't. They were pulled away from their worlds to a place like this. It surely sounds like a mystery, like in one of the horror books Lucent lent him. Come to think of it, maybe this isn't the best start for Lucent. They practically spend the day doing things Anwalt liked and not even once they did something he liked. Not to mention the fight. Anwalt could only imagine how he was actually angry at the fact LightFlare came with him. He also wondered about Melina? For what sort of reason was she coming alongside them? One thing was a fact: she's a teaser. With a small laugh, Anwalt turned off the lights and closed his eyes.

Gip87Gx.png

Anwalt: This is going to be some trip... maybe I should say "sorry" to Lucent tomorrow... or maybe... not...

Lucent Vermillion

u9NhfZa.png

Lucent: Candor... I see. I'll use the rest of the energy I have to know more about the place and get a map. I'll try to get us an airship as well, though I don't know if I can reserve seats here or only at the station.

BGM: Song of the Ancients -Popola/Instrumental-

While he searched about Candor through the network, Lucent had his own moment of contemplation once more. Everything spun out of control at a rate he didn't like at all. Not to mention, Anwalt brought two people considerably problematic to a group hardly normal. He could only fear for the worst. Anwalt's carelessness about others is completely a problem, one he can't fix it. Penelope had no powers and no means to defend herself, but she had some energy to keep the group alive. Hyde isn't weak but isn't that strong as well and carefulness seems like the last thing he had. Raina seemed powerful and sensible, however young enough to maybe act recklessly. Lilith, seemingly experient and with the capabilities of a leader, appears to be a lone wolf so she's not prone to conversations that much. The other woman had that aloof hair but something about her got under Lucent's skin. And then there was LightFlare, who is a figure of importance to this town, but nothing short of a idiotic power abuser show-off in his point of view. Last but not least, a rich boy whose supposed intelligence wasn't able to contain some of his immaturity: himself.

RKzCTYN.png

Lucent: (I don't know if I cry of if I laugh. Seriously, why does these things keep happening every time I turn my back around? And he had to bring two people whom I clearly won't get well for a while. I should prohibit Anwalt from eating dreams for this whole trip, but that's starvation and it's a method of cruelty.)

It became a mess and he could only sigh. Clearly, there was nothing he could do about it at the moment. However, since Hyde was there, Lucent decided to question him about why he didn't give the victory to LightFlare after almost being erased out of existence. Maybe that term was overdoing it, since he survived, but he needed to understand it.

9x0xpZa.png

Lucent: Hyde... about the fight you had against LightFlare... why did you continue it after he unleashed that dark aura of his?

Story-hyd12.png

"Because I'm not the type to just run away from a fight."

Story-hyd21.png

"I guess you could call it reckless and I suppose you wouldn't be wrong. But I can't just run away. Linne and the old man have been training me to be able to handle my powers better and I can't let them down."

Story-hyd12.png

"To be honest, I want to have a normal life, but I've got a responsability to wield these powers for good. I guess what I'm saying is that I gotta fight for others."

On 1/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, A person said:

9bd2007dc7.png

Penelope: W-wait, there's only one bed?! Uhhh...

That wasn't how she imagined the place would be like. She heard there were usually two beds in each room, not one! Did Lucent accidentally get the wrong rooms for them? Oh well, she had to make a choice. Though she really wanted to sleep on that fluffy cloud of comfort and joy, she was probably also going to have hard time waking up from that cloud. It was probably better for her to take the harsh road this time around, if she wanted any hope of waking up on time.

a501ec99f0.png

Penelope: Nah, you can go ahead and sleep on it! I can sleep anywhere, so I should be fine with a chair!

And without hesitation, she promptly seated herself upon the lone couch in the room. Now she could properly reflect upon the day. 

She still wondered how she got here. Someone couldn't have just taken her over here, somebody would've definitely seen it, and she'd have been somewhere else instead of behind a dumpster. Her Mom would've also called a search party by now, with how protective she was of her. Just what was going on here? And all of these other people here, Hyde and Raina especially, they looked like they were in the same spot as her. Except they could probably cut and shoot their way out of it. She, on the other hand, couldn't do that. She was going to have to do something about that, and watching those fights helped to give her some ideas. Soon, she was going to have to start practicing, and going into swordplay looked like it was the best thing to try out. But getting home was a high priority. She promised herself that she would get back home, but she also needed to find out just what was going on here that would bring all of them together. Maybe she was overthinking it, but it's not every day a lady with dark powers, a light show-making shrine maiden, a guy with some red energy, two possible aliens, a big guy with crazy powers, and a flirty booby lady came together. Her eyelids started to droop. It looked like her body was telling her to worry more about sleep than the day, so she decided to doze off.

She quickly dozed off, neglecting her nightly rituals. She wasn't home, after all, so she she didn't really have a way to do all of that stuff anyway! She could get away with slacking off for a bit, right? She quietly wondered what tomorrow would bring while she slept.

hgdMXSj.jpg

'Huh, she's already out... guess it's been a long day for her too...'

Well, with how long a day it's been, Raina figured it'd be a good time to go to sleep. Hopefully she'd be out soon. Maybe tomorrow she'd talk to Penelope or Hyde a bit more, since they both seemed to be in the same situation as her.

Some time passed. Melina is relaxing by the pool...

YPx55Hn.jpg

(This was nice. Too bad no-one showed up. I suppose I'll head back to my room and call it a night...)

Melina heads back to her room...

zvqnHxV.png

Well...tomorrow is another day. I guess we'll find out just what type of day that will be when it comes...

Melina crawls into bed, shuts her eyes and smiles as she falls asleep. 

The day ends and with everyone in their rooms asleep...they all rest until the morning.

The morning rays were out for some time. Lilith considered herself an early riser and today wasn't different. She got up and proceeded with her morning rituals. After several minutes, she finished and looked back to make sure she didn't miss anything, the room ooking as if almost noone was in it.

vDEq115.jpg

(Old habits, I guess.)

She proceeded to step out of the room.

vDEq115.jpg

(It's a little early. I wonder if the others will take long.)

Lucent Vermillion

BGM: Beautiful Days

Lucent got out of the bathroom after washing his face. It didn't feel like he slept, though. And that affirmation was right: he didn't. He was somewhere else during the nighttime, but he managed to return before he could wake up his roommate.

CKDNoQ7.png

Lucent: (I think I'll leave Hyde quietly in the room. The morning rays will wake him up.)

He quietly left the room and closed the door without making a sound, Turning to the elevator, he saw Lilith at the corridor.

92X2IUY.png

Lucent: Good morning, Lilith. Did you manage to sleep well?

vDEq115.jpg

"Yes, thank you for asking. Although, I see that perhaps I could have stayed up a little longer. Still used to waking up early..."

vDEq115.jpg

"By the way... you left before that match concluded. I won't blame you nor hold it against you for leaving early, but I was still wondering if you were able to learn anything from what you did observe."

Lucent Vermillion

rnTyN8K.png

Lucent: I did learn about why people seem to enjoy those fights. They fight not to kill each other, but with the idea of respect between both fighters.

BFM4wso.png

Lucent: However, the fight wasn't exactly what made me see it. All went well until the point LightFlare used that dark aura of his. In my opinion, that's not close to respect.