The Roleplay Paradise Redux Deluxe Edition: The Role-play strikes back!

Darkflare

49 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

Story-hyd2.png

"Sorry to spoil your fun. I dare you to try that one more time

LightFlare can feel a sudden tremendous pressure form Hyde. He stands firm and takes a defensive stance.

EaYC8tN.jpg

Looks like you're done holding back. I'm honored that you are pushing your limits. I guess it's all or nothing...

FcsGqFnl.jpg

LightFlare stamps the ground as his arms become surrounded by lightning. He motions for Hyde to advance...

UDk057D.jpg

It's come down to this! No more holding back! 2min 40sec! Who will be the victor!

50 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

zIr2IaD.png

Anwalt: Melina Braveheart, huh... well, nice to meet ya. Here's hoping for some good battles from now on.

A6xdOZC.jpg

Back atcha, Big Guy!

Melina fealt comfortable around Anwalt. They'd only just met but it was something about him that put her...at ease.

50 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

92X2IUY.png

Lucent: Excuse me, miss. How much does it cost to spend the night here?

Xyy94z0.jpg

Hello! Welcome to the Grand Wave Hotel! Where we provide only the best service possible! What can I help you with!?

35 minutes ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

LightFlare can feel a sudden tremendous pressure form Hyde. He stands firm and takes a defensive stance.

EaYC8tN.jpg

Looks like you're done holding back. I'm honored that you are pushing your limits. I guess it's all or nothing...

FcsGqFnl.jpg

LightFlare stamps the ground as his arms become surrounded by lightning. He motions for Hyde to advance...

UDk057D.jpg

It's come down to this! No more holding back! 2min 40sec! Who will be the victor!

Story-hyd0.png

(Man, this guy clearly lives for this. I bet the old man would love to take a shot at him. But I gotta put him down now)

Holding his sword in a reverse grip, Hyde proceeds to stab the ground creating an energy wave that appears in front of Lightflare.

Penelope was on the edge of her seat at this point. So much had happened so fast that she didn't even realize that Hyde had basically gone hyper mode, and the end of the fight was approaching fast. And Hyde was probably going to lose if he didn't do something quick. She was finally beginning to understand this fighting thing, not that she'd do it still; she may have seen some cool stuff, but it wasn't like she could do any of it in practice. But maybe, juuuust maybe, if she decided to try it...but that was later! This was now! She had to cheer on Hyde! He had to win!

17c42817bb.png

Penelope: Come on, Hyde! You can get him! Knock him doooown! You're so close to winning! Just keep...um...pushing, yeah!

zMfroBj.png

'Suddenly Hyde's making a comeback!'

Though Hyde had made a comeback, victory still looked to be well within Lightflare's grasp... but that didn't mean the fight was decided. Fights back home could easily change tide at the last moment, and even that spirit Kana could score a win against a tough opponent like Nanye or herself.

56 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

Story-hyd0.png

(Man, this guy clearly lives for this. I bet the old man would love to take a shot at him. But I gotta put him down now)

Holding his sword in a reverse grip, Hyde proceeds to stab the ground creating an energy wave that appears in front of Lightflare.

LightFlare blocks the attack but is pushed back!

4tUsezXl.jpg

(Not much time left. He's trying to bait me but I've seen this before...)

EaYC8tN.jpg

LightFlare calmly takes his stance and awaits Hydes next move. 

Meanwhile at the Hotel...

54 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Lucent Vermillion

u9NhfZa.png

Lucent: I want to do a reservation of rooms for 10 people. We'll stay allocated here for a month. If we need more time, I'll make sure to pay the cost when it's necessary.

Xyy94z0.jpg

Yes sir! Coming right up!

The clerk checks for availability and assigns 10 rooms to Lucent. She hands him 10 card keys and points him in the direction of his rooms.

Xyy94z0.jpg

Thank you! Enjoy your stay at the Grand Wave Hotel!

Lucent Vermillion

2layhcI.png

Lucent: Wow, people weren't lying on those reviews I saw. Thank you very much and I'm sure me and my friends will enjoy the stay.

fNJMAIp.png

Lucent: Oh, talking about them, I better pass their names.

Lucent gave the names of Lilith, Penelope, Hyde and Anwalt to the receptionist. Those were the people he confirmed that would be coming later. With him, there were 5 people in total, which made 5 spaces remaining.

MxnGosg.png

Lucent: Alongside me, five spaces are still open then. I'm unsure if more people will come or not, but I'll give them the extra cards.

92X2IUY.png

Lucent: Well, I'll be heading into the rooms then. Thank you once again and have a good night.

He waved at the clerk and left towards the elevator. He looked at the key cards and their location.

CKDNoQ7.png

Lucent: (East Wing, 7th floor, rooms 711-720... I better head out and check them. On the meantime...)

The elevator arrived and Lucent boarded it with other guests. He picked his terminal and sent his current location to Anwalt, alongside the room locations.

Anwalt Vermillion

Anwalt's terminal rumbled. He picked up and saw Lucent's message.

7m2uCcj.png

Anwalt: Well, seems like Lucent found where we're resting today. Grand Wave Hotel, huh... wonder how it is...

Penelope's eyes hovered from person to person as Hyde closed in on his target. It was do or die now, and Hyde was obviously aware of that. She thought about what she'd do in a situation like this...and she'd probably just give up. But maybe she could do as good as he was...and maybe that's why she wanted him to win so bad.

66ee911b45.png

Penelope: Gooo Hyde! Gooo Hyde! You can do it, you can win! Just one knockdown! Juuuuust one, and you've got it! It's alll yours!

She seemed to be forgetting that he was actually behind and not ahead, but whatever; all that mattered was Hyde showing Light who the boss was!

9 hours ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Anwalt Vermillion

Anwalt's terminal rumbled. He picked up and saw Lucent's message.

7m2uCcj.png

Anwalt: Well, seems like Lucent found where we're resting today. Grand Wave Hotel, huh... wonder how it is...

yPciA7o.png

You Guys are staying at the Grand Wave!? That place is the "Creme de La Creme." I've only dreamt od ever staying there. You must be loaded!

As she's talking she sees Hyde about to deal one last blow to LightFlare...

A6xdOZC.jpg

(And now...the big finale...)

9 hours ago, Darkflare said:

Story-hyd18.png

(No good. He has the lead and I'm out of time. No choice but to wing it.)

Hyde breaks into a run toward Lightflare before suddenly picking up speed and attempting to strike him.

Story-hyd2.png

"PALE BRINGER"

EaYC8tN.jpg

LightFlare calmly waits as Hyde comes straight at him..

oTZfT7Gh.jpg

He waits to Hyde is close enough and charges his last attack. He does not charge as long as the first time he used it but just enough to cause knock down when it connects.

bxdcm2A.gif

The moment Hyde's blade touches him he strikes back causing Hyde to fall to the ground.

UDk057D.jpg

And that's the end of the Round! LightFlare scores one more knockdown and puts the nail in the coffin for this match! With 3 knockdowns...your winner...LIIIIIGHTFLAAAARE!

The crowd cheers and chants LightFlare's name..

ryu-newgen-win.png

LightFlare walks over to Hyde and extends his hand to help him up...

Story-hyd14.png

"Seriously? I thought I could break through that technique of yours..."

Hyde takes his hand to get up

Story-hyd07.png

"I can see why everyone here was making such a fuss about you. Guess the old. man wasn't kidding when he said I still had a long way to go."

Bavk in the training center, Lilth began to walk away and begin heading to the arena certain she would be one of the fighters called...as well as to personally meet Lightflare.

34 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

Story-hyd14.png

"Seriously? I thought I could break through that technique of yours..."

Hyde takes his hand to get up

Story-hyd07.png

"I can see why everyone here was making such a fuss about you. Guess the old. man wasn't kidding when he said I still had a long way to go."

Bavk in the training center, Lilth began to walk away and begin heading to the arena certain she would be one of the fighters called...as well as to personally meet Lightflare.

8ad46a233dc0949b1907f3b48a06bb1e.png

Heh...you have an extraordinary skill set gor such a young age ad you look to be only in your teens. With experience you'll be even better. 

LightFlare raises Hyde's hand and points to him while looking at the crowd. The crowd cheers and chants Hyde's name in appreciation of his valiant effort. LightFlare heads back to the training room to receive his award. On the way he sees Lilith. He's compelled to approach her...

Excuse me. This may sound strange but I feel as if we've met before. If we haven't, please allow me to introduce myself. I'm LightFlare.

LightFlare extends his hand to shake Liliths...

Anwalt Vermillion

tQRQBst.png

Anwalt: Really? Oh damn... well, guess there's no point in hiding the loads then. We're not those snobs, though.

gpCHHJB.png

Anwalt: I'm gonna tell the others once all matches are over. You're free to come with us. One more in the boat is never a problem to me.

The match ended with LightFlare being victorious over Hyde. However, he could see that the Hero was a respectable guy, seeing that he got the people to cheer up for his opponent before leaving the battle grounds.

7m2uCcj.png

Anwalt: And the Hero won, eh? Gotta say, that was exciting to watch. Wonder if he's open to some chat.

Lucent Vermillion

Lucent got off the elevator and went to the corridor leading towards their rooms. He went towards the room 714, taking it as his room.

84wvlIA.png

Lucent: (All I need is to swipe the room's keycard at this electronic lock, right? Well then.)

He picked one of the keycards and swiped it. Before he could enter, a small monitor appeared and scanned him.

Hotel AI: Guest identified as Lucent Vermillion. Keycard #714 is now exclusive to this guest. We of the Grand Wave Hotel welcome you to your room and hope you enjoy the stay.

The door's lock clicked and Lucent opened the door. As he went inside, he saw how the rooms were.

LuxuryUpgrade.jpg

Lucent: OK, this almost looks like some sort of office room than a single hotel room. This place isn't just for show, huh?

FD3rWgT.png

Lucent: There's a notebook over there, huh? Maybe this will help me gather some information of the town. Whatever I find of valuable might be of some aid to the others.

Waryhg2.png

Lucent: Funny... we try to go on a family trip and we're soon on another adventure to discover why people were sent here out of nowhere...

After a bloody war back at his world, leading it to ruin, Lucent and the rest of his friends decided to rebuild everything. The citizens asked for them to take a rest, after all the fighting they went through and as a sign of appreciation. While he insisted on not taking it, Anwalt took the opportunity to take them on a trip. Their sole reason is to recover from stress, but he was fine with embarking on another adventure.

nTXPM8F.png

Lucent: Well, no one said that "rest" meant doing absolutely nothing. We might have fun on our way. Now, what should I search...

Story-hyd0.png

"That guy doesn't seem like he was an in-birth but he was still strong. I shouldn't be surprised after meeting those groups from those other worlds."

Story-hyd05.png

"And there's the andrenaline wearing off. Man, I'm going to feel this in the morning."

1 hour ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

LightFlare heads back to the training room to receive his award. On the way he sees Lilith. He's compelled to approach her...

Excuse me. This may sound strange but I feel as if we've met before. If we haven't, please allow me to introduce myself. I'm LightFlare.

LightFlare extends his hand to shake Liliths...

vDEq115.jpg

"No, we've never met."

Lilith proceeds to shake his hand.

vDEq115.jpg

"It's Lilith. I must admit that I have my share of questions, but I'll stick to the most important one for now."

vDEq115.jpg

"What is your relationship with Darkflare?"

2 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"No, we've never met."

Lilith proceeds to shake his hand.

vDEq115.jpg

"It's Lilith. I must admit that I have my share of questions, but I'll stick to the most important one for now."

vDEq115.jpg

"What is your relationship with Darkflare?"

TrJ2PwIl.jpg

DarkFlare? Lol! Well...now I'm really confused. I feel compelled to ask you the same thing. Your Auras...there almost identical. As far as he and I, I guess you could say we're once bitter rivals. Now...were friendly rivals! Ha! I've trained with him on occasion. And by with him I mean in front of him. It seemed more like I was his guinea pig than anything. But in the end he and I both learned something. So I guess it's win-win. Are you two related? Don't tell me your his...daughter?! Ha!

vDEq115.jpg

(So, it appears that he is a trainer of sorts in this world. Now even moreso I must meet him.... although what does he mean by guinea pig?)

N-no we're not related. I've heard that he and I were very similar and I have to meet him to see if there's any truth to it. It does seem that you're quite well acquainted with him. Perhaps you could intro- no, never mind... you have your own business to attend to.

Well, that was depressing. Looks like all of that cheering didn't work.

69866e8dec.png

Penelope: (Geez...that's depressing...)

Since it looked like the others weren't going to be called in for more fights, she proceeded to stand up and stretch. A loud crack could be heard as she stretched her back.

5edc059aa4.png

Penelope: (Ouch! It feels like I've been sitting there for months! I really need to get some exercise in...)

Not wanting to draw anymore attention to herself, she quickly made her way towards the exit to the lobby area, glancing around to see if she could find her little party. They could definitely find her, right? She probably stood out like a sore thumb while she was stuck in groups of people who knew what they were doing. Her hair was super messy, too, even more of a way for them to find her. All she needed to do was not get lost, and she'd be fine.

Anwalt Vermillion

Trying to see where Lilith went, Anwalt left the training room for a while. Upon reaching the lobby, he saw her talking with LightFlare. On top of that, Penelope was also there, seemingly lost. He went towards her.

IedWUyi.png

Anwalt: Hey, if it ain't lil' Penelo! How's the spectating going for you?

Lucent Vermillion

Locaiton: Grand Wave Hotel - Room #714

BGM: Swimmer in the Book of Darkness

Lucent used the laptop to search about Kalos in order to see if there was any relation between it and the fact the others were teleported there. He soon stumbled upon the story of Kalos, something he hasn't checked before coming.

Xu0BPHU.png

Lucent: OK, let's see... "The city of Kalos wasn't originally a Link World by default. It was originally a pacate world of the galaxy many know as MUGENVerse, being one of the most forgotten worlds in the whole aspect. However, an incident transpired at its space and gave it a recognition in the moments of crisis."

9x0xpZa.png

Lucent: "The destroyed NESTS, organization from another universe, resurfaced and began their plans of dominating the MUGENVerse. Because of their sudden outbreak and how defenseless Kalos was at the time, there were no ways of preventing its actions from the beginning. The city became a desolate wasteland with the few people who survived the attacks of NESTS mounting a resistance that eventually failed." That's... not nice to know. So this world was destroyed as well.

MADfOyZ.png

Lucent: "The incident began at the supposed year of 20XX. Under the control of Igniz, NESTS had managed to expand their actions to other worlds of the MUGENVerse. It was only after three years that a warrior named LightFlare appeared at Kalos and saw the state of things. At that time, he had no intentions of fighting NESTS back and was caught in the fight. Surprisingly, as some have spoken, he has shown great potential and eventually went after the responsible for the destruction." Huh... the title seems to be not only for some show or whatnot.

MxnGosg.png

Lucent: "He had help of other allies, including the traitor Zero. The names of the other allies were all unknown to any of the survivors at the time. After a gruesome battle, LightFlare and his allies managed to destroy NESTS and defeat Igniz, releasing the MUGENVerse of its control. Zero, the traitor, had set the main facility to detonate, but some equipment were left functioning after the explosion somehow. The survivors of the Resistance at the time decided to use the system left behind by NESTS and began the recreation of Kalos." He wasn't alone then... still, he's a very powerful warrior.

wFDO6Hx.png

Lucent: "It took arduous five years to finally reconstruct Kalos. Other worlds began to help. Once the reconstruction finished, the council of the MUGENVerse decided to nominate it as the official Link World, connecting it to the Multiverse and leaving it as a gateway to the MUGENVerse, at last. Currently, the city functions at a system called R.E.S.T.O.R.E located at the Central Command, where the NESTS main facility used to be. As for LightFlare, nominated Hero, the council desired to nominate him as a Link World Guardian, but he refused, saying he wasn't ready for such task and it wasn't his aim in the first place. Without a physical presence of a Guardian, the world has only the R.E.S.T.O.R.E system."

Lucent continued to read the rest of the story but the rest of the facts weren't that helpful for what he was actually searching. The background of Kalos did interest him, even though it doesn't show connection to the incident with Lilith, Penelope, Hyde and Raina.

8YvtsNa.png

Lucent: That was a good story. Still, it doesn't exactly tie to why they appeared here out of a sudden. Allows for a little of dwelling and theories, though.

rwBMpBA.png

Lucent: Now I wonder what allies were those. The other Heroes, exactly speaking. According to this, only LightFlare stood in Kalos and Zero has vanished. There's no information about the rest.

He began to scribble in a piece of paper, trying to connect the dots in order to reach an understatement. But it didn't reach anywhere. He had no proof of what exactly led for this to happen. He put the pencil down.

QfSllBW.png

Lucent: Ugh, this baseless conjecture isn't taking me anywhere. I need to relax a bit. Maybe a bath will help.

10 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Anwalt Vermillion

Trying to see where Lilith went, Anwalt left the training room for a while. Upon reaching the lobby, he saw her talking with LightFlare. On top of that, Penelope was also there, seemingly lost. He went towards her.

IedWUyi.png

Anwalt: Hey, if it ain't lil' Penelo! How's the spectating going for you?

The sudden greeting give Penelope quite a fright, causing her to jump slightly. Sure, she was lost, but she was expecting to see them first, not the other way around! But at least she was found by someone, at least that! She turned to face Anwalt, a smile on her face.

18e3e6c423.png

Penelope: Whew, am I glad to see you! I absolutely loved watching the fights! It makes me glad I didn't get dropped in, though...I would've gotten slaughtered out there!  

She sighed. Seeing the result of the Hyde/Lightflare fight was still getting to her. She was the underdog of the party, so if Hyde couldn't rise up, she probably wasn't going to do the same, either. Not instantly, at least, but she knew she'd get there one day!

79225f7464.png

Penelope: That last fight has me kinda bummed out, though...I thought cheering hard could help Hyde win, but I guess that Lightflare guy really has all the stops covered. Iiiit also makes me kinda scared, y'know? I'm the underdog of our little group, so seeing him get pushed around like that makes me wonder if I'm gonna be cut out for something like that. But!

She perked up again.

18e3e6c423.png

Penelope: I think I learned a few things from watching the fights, so maybe I can try them out when I get the chance! Also, that was a really cool fight between you and Raina, all of that stuff being thrown around and those lights she kept tossing out, it was really awesome! Buuut, I don't think there's anything else for us to see, is there?

5 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

(So, it appears that he is a trainer of sorts in this world. Now even moreso I must meet him.... although what does he mean by guinea pig?)

N-no we're not related. I've heard that he and I were very similar and I have to meet him to see if there's any truth to it. It does seem that you're quite well acquainted with him. Perhaps you could intro- no, never mind... you have your own business to attend to.

Lilith was being a bit pensive, but LightFlare could read between the lines...

TrJ2PwIl.jpg

You want to go see him? I can take you to him. It's time I pay my old "friend" a visit anyway. I'm not on a strict schedule. When you're ready just let me know. I'll be around for a bit. I want to see this last fight. 

Just then the announcer calls fot the last two fighters to enter the arena...

TrJ2PwIl.jpg

Looks like you're up. Good luck. 

LightFlare smiles and nods and heads back to the training room.

3 hours ago, Agni Blackheart said:

TrJ2PwIl.jpg

(The guy from the first fight...)

LightFlare sees Anwalt and Penelope talking and approaches them and looks at Anwalt...

TrJ2PwIl.jpg

Anwalt Right? Good fight...

LightFlare puts his fist out with the intent for Anwalt to bump it with his own.

Meanwhile in the training area, Melina notices Anwalt has left...

yPciA7o.png

(Left me hanging huh? Well...Light should be on his way back. I'll go meet him.)

Melina heads to the hallway between the arena and the training room.

ag9bU0e.png

With the fight ended, Raina decided it was time to talk with some of the others. Hopefully they'd finally shed some light on the traveling to other worlds. She saw both Anwalt and Penelope having a conversation.

'No reason not to get involved.'

Anwalt Vermillion

She seemed in a mixture of excitement with worry. That's to be true, Penelope had no powers to begin it. However, Anwalt didn't like hearing her speaking of herself as an "underdog" of the party.

leajl2D.png

Anwalt: No one here's an underdog, so don't put yourself like that. Strength isn't tied to having some whismical power to aid you. Your strength's going to rise in the right moment so don't beat yourself over it.

7m2uCcj.png

Anwalt: Now keep that smile on and improve yourself everyday. It ain't good to see a happy girl like you bummed over something like this. When the time comes, you'll take the spotlight from all of us.

As he finished talking with her, LightFlare had approached him.

zIr2IaD.png

Anwalt: Oho, the Hero approaches! Thought I wouldn't be able to have a small chat with you before leaving! *responds fist bump*

R3iTabs.png

Anwalt: And thanks for the compliment. I may have lost but whatever. On another hand, you're freaking powerful, dude! You've left me impressed at that fight!

12 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

R3iTabs.png

Anwalt: And thanks for the compliment. I may have lost but whatever. On another hand, you're freaking powerful, dude! You've left me impressed at that fight!

TrJ2PwIl.jpg

Thanks. The young man proved to have quite a resolve. 

LightFlare notices Penelope. He smiles ans speaks.

TrJ2PwIl.jpg

Hello young Lady. 

Meanwhile, Melina makes her way down the hall. She sees LightFlare and the others. She begins to head toward them when....

UDk057D.jpg

ALLLLLLRIGHT! It's time for the final match of the night! Will the final two fighters please come to the ring and prepare for battle!

A6xdOZC.jpg

(Looks like it's show time...)

Hey Light! You break a sweat or what!?

LightFlare, visibly sweaty from the match turned and laughed when he heard the familiar voice.

TrJ2PwIl.jpg

Well I tried to hold it in, but I haven't mastered that technique yet. You going to get a closer look at the battle?

A6xdOZC.jpg

Sure! You know I like the "up close" seats...

She punches LightFlare in the arm and smiles at Anwalt as she walks by. She sees Lilith up ahead and yells to her...

srJ30BM.jpg

Hey Lilith! Good luck!