The Roleplay Paradise Redux Deluxe Edition: The Role-play strikes back!

Darkflare

vDEq115.jpg

"In short terms, it's just another method for someone to get their thrills."

She turned toward the screen looking at the fight again.

vDEq115.jpg

"You're the type that hates mindless violence, right? I understand...in truth we could always have more people with that mentality. However, don't see it as just mindless violence. It's hard to explain without experiencing it first hand. They say that when two strong fighters clash, the way they move and attack is also the way they speak with each other."

rwBMpBA.png

Lucent: You're right, I do. I come from a world where violence ran amok for a long period of time, so my mind generated a hatred towards it. Nowadays, we live at peace but the thought of fighting for fun never seemed right for me.

MxZF7ui.png

Lucent: Still, I'll give your suggestion a try. Maybe I end up understanding why people enjoy this.

He returned to look at the screen, trying to watch the battle in the way Lilith suggested. Lucent was insecure about it, but he wanted to see the other side of things instead of applying a black-and-white judgment over all situations.

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

Hydes quick thinking pays off and LightFlare is struck during his attack sending LightFlare to the ground.

latest?cb=20140413003015

What a move! Hyde is NOT going down without a fight! The score is now 2 to 1 in favor of LightFlare! But the fight is far from over!

The crowd explodes into cheers as the momentum shifts in favor of Hyde. LightFlare flips back to his feet...

e19.png

(Well done...)

LightFlare slightly grins and nods his head at Hyde, silently congratulating Hyde on his move. He begins to slowly advance toward Hyde, circling Hyde as he closes the distance between them.

(Hyde exhales as he gets back into his stance)

hyd-eye-clo-ang.png

Hyde:(It was just one knock down out of the two he has. And I pretty much showed him all of my attacks)

hyd-nor.png

Hyde:(I still got a shot at this. I just need to switch things up)

(Hyde dashes towards LightFlare and unleashes a horizontal slash that staggers upon contact)

hyd-66c.png

16 hours ago, Sinjik said:

(Hyde dashes towards LightFlare and unleashes a horizontal slash that staggers upon contact)

hyd-66c.png

4tUsezXl.jpg

LightFlare hops back as Hyde's blade narrowly misses.

Meanwhile back in the training facilities...

A6xdOZC.jpg

Learning anything pretty boy?

@Agni Blackheart

The young lady playfully taps Lucent on his left shoulder and quickly moves behind his back to his right side. She approaches Lilith...

yPciA7o.png

Lilith right? I noticed that you LightFlare seemed to react to each other...as if you've met before. That coupled with your similar fighting styles, it made me a bit curious. Do you guys know each other?

@Darkflare

Lucent felt the tap on the shoulder and saw the woman talking right next to the.; She had turned to speak with Lilith, but he decided to answer since she would hear it anyway.

8YvtsNa.png

Lucent: Well, not yet... I mean, I'm still not getting the feeling of why I should be interested about it but I think I got the concept, at the very least.

Anwalt: You and your concept thing.

MADfOyZ.png

Lucent: Oh, Anwalt.

After standing around in the reception for a while, Anwalt joined them. Having heard about Lucent trying to get interested on the fight, he decided to help him.

leajl2D.png

Anwalt: There's no concept of "getting interest in battling" or something like that. This isn't that sort of thing that is put on some sorta cientific theory or whatnot.

gUldCkV.png

Lucent: So you're saying that I shouldn't think rationally about this?

zIr2IaD.png

Anwalt: Not that. Just stop trying to fit it in some sort of complex logic. For now, watch and see how those two fight.

GVzFPf8.png

Lucent: But what exactly am I supposed to-

YdZ8V3t.png

Anwalt: Lucent, just watch it.

Not having an answer, Lucent returned to watch the fight and so did Anwalt.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 6:06 PM, Sinjik said:

Hyde:(As expected)

(Hyde leaps towards LightFlare and slashes diagonally at him)

AOguS9.png

evil_ryu___ultra_street_fighter_ii_by_di

(And I almost thought you learned...)

Spoiler

As Hydes attack reaches close proximity, LightFlare unleashes another LightFlare Cannon. The LightFlare Cannon is a powerful, yet telegraphed move. Having underestimated the young fighter before, LightFlare waited till he felt the attack was a safe bet. This time the attack had a darker aura to its presence.

UDk057D.jpg

Wow! 1min 55 sec! Could this be the end?!

On 11/15/2018 at 10:18 AM, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"We don't. I've never heard of him until now. The only other one I knew that used the same fighting style was Darkflare. I believe he reacted to my dark aura as it may be similar to a dark aura he himself possesses as well."

srJ30BM.jpg

That must be it. I think you should talk to him after the fight. He may be able to help you find Darkflare.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:31 PM, Agni Blackheart said:

YdZ8V3t.png

Anwalt: Lucent, just watch it.

Not having an answer, Lucent returned to watch the fight and so did Anwalt.

The young lady was caught off guard by Anwalt's sudden interjection into their conversation...

yPciA7o.png

I take it you guys are family, eh big guy? I gotta say I like your style out there. Direct. Powerful. Not bad at all...

R3iTabs.png

Anwalt: Well, thanks for the compliment. There's a lot of things I got to fix before I'm satisfied with my technique, but direct fight is my style.

k4bdZbr.png

Anwalt: And you're right on the other point too. This here is my little genius and pacifist brother, Lucent.

BFM4wso.png

Lucent: Can you please stop calling me a genius when that's not true?

7m2uCcj.png

Anwalt: He doesn't like to fight that much, but he's the cunning mind between us.

Waryhg2.png

Lucent: ... Well, someone needs to balance your strength. In any case...

When Lucent turned back to the TV, LightFlare had already turned into an evil form of himself, surprising the ones watching him.

wji7tQ4.png

Lucent: What... is that?

tQRQBst.png

Anwalt: That's a nasty dark aura. The attack feels more violent than before. I'm not liking the sound of that one bit...

rwBMpBA.png

Lucent: (This doesn't feel right... Hyde, you have to evade and admit defeat.)

e1834c42b1.png

Penelope: (Whoa, that doesn't look like it should happen!)

The sudden darkness that took over Lightflare made Penelope afraid. Wasn't this supposed to be some kind of friendly fight thingy? Why was he going nuts like this? Was there more to it than she thought? Whatever the case was, it was clear that Hyde wasn't going to last long if he got hit by it. There was only one thing to do. Probably.

dff2198f6e.png

Penelope: Move, Hyde! MOVE! I wouldn't wanna get hit by that, and neither would you! It looks like it might not just hurt a lot, too!

vDEq115.jpg

"As I thought, he can wield that dark power. For a moment, I thought I was imagining things when I sensed it..."

She looked at the others noting their worried expressions.

vDEq115.jpg

"He's tapping into a power called the Dark hadou. It's a dangerous power that can make someone go mad if they're unable to control it."

She turned back to the screen

vDEq115.jpg

"I'm getting the feeling this may not be the first time our hero here has tapped into this dark power. Perhaps he has the willpower to control it and keep himself in check."

zIr2IaD.jpg

Anwalt: I see. So he might be in control of himself!

MIkaczm.png

Lucent: The need to resort to such power?

Lucent was bothered. Why would he need to call upon some sort of dark power just to prove himself as strong? He's already winning anyway.

BFM4wso.png

Lucent: He's already winning, is more powerful than Hyde and suddenly decides to call into a power that could drive him mad and kill someone? In a friendly fight?

bYfZfKi.jpg

Anwalt: Well, who knows. Maybe he just thought it would be a faster way to end the fight.

TM7IuD6.png

Lucent: Don't justify it for him. And to be honest, I'm not finding it backed up by someone reasonable decision.

vY5jM2O.png

Lucent: He's just overpowering someone to prove his point, nothing else. He doesn't give a single thought if his opponent is weaker or not. Just like the people we fought back in our world...

tbQYO72.jpg

Anwalt: Lucent...

tCwbqjs.png

Lucent: I'll just keep watching... praying that Hyde (@Sinjik) makes out of it alive. Maybe I'll learn about a friendly fight in another match, Lilith.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:56 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

evil_ryu___ultra_street_fighter_ii_by_di

(And I almost thought you learned...)

Reveal hidden contents

As Hydes attack reaches close proximity, LightFlare unleashes another LightFlare Cannon. The LightFlare Cannon is a powerful, yet telegraphed move. Having underestimated the young fighter before, LightFlare waited till he felt the attack was a safe bet. This time the attack had a darker aura to its presence.

UDk057D.jpg

Wow! 1min 55 sec! Could this be the end?!

srJ30BM.jpg

That must be it. I think you should talk to him after the fight. He may be able to help you find Darkflare.

The young lady was caught off guard by Anwalt's sudden interjection into their conversation...

yPciA7o.png

I take it you guys are family, eh big guy? I gotta say I like your style out there. Direct. Powerful. Not bad at all...

ASuMGe.png

Hyde: (What the-!)

(Hyde uses his leg closest to the ground to attempt to move out of the way of the attack. Due to Hyde being at close range, Hyde's right arm not only takes some damage from the attack but disarms him as well)

AvBZp9.png

Hyde: (That attack had a lot of energy in it, is he really able to control it?)

(Hyde looks at his arm momentarily)

AiHJuT.png

Hyde: (I won't be able to do as well fighting him like this...)

(He stares back at LightFlare, attempting to see what will happen next)

On 12/4/2018 at 5:01 AM, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"I'm getting the feeling this may not be the first time our hero here has tapped into this dark power. Perhaps he has the willpower to control it and keep himself in check."

yPciA7o.png

Based on what I seen in a few of his fights, he's definitely in control. He doesn't speak much about how he learned those techniques. He only said that he had to "defeat himself" if he ever hoped to master his abilites. Whatever that means...

On 12/9/2018 at 7:23 AM, Agni Blackheart said:

tbQYO72.jpg

Anwalt: Lucent...

tCwbqjs.png

Lucent: I'll just keep watching... praying that Hyde (@Sinjik) makes out of it alive. Maybe I'll learn about a friendly fight in another match, Lilith

A6xdOZC.jpg

My...aren't we judgmental. I think your little brother may have a bit to learn about combat, Anwalt. It may seem excessive, but if Light held back...wouldn't that be disrespectful? Trust me. Light has no intention of killing Hyde. If anything, I think Light respects Hyde and is taking this fight very seriously. It only becomes dangerous if Light didn't know what he was doing. And Light...knows what he's doing. But hey! What do I know? I'm nobody special myself...lol!

Meanwhile back in the Arena...

On 12/10/2018 at 2:13 AM, Sinjik said:

AiHJuT.png

Hyde: (I won't be able to do as well fighting him like this...)

(He stares back at LightFlare, attempting to see what will happen next)

Evil-Ryu-4.jpg

LightFlare stands before Hyde. It's obvious that Hyde is close to defeat. However LightFlare does not immediately attack. He stamps the ground as he did once before, only this time the Dark energy that surrounded him does not intensify but decreases instead..

EaYC8tN.jpg

The dark energy that once swirled around his body somewhat violently, was now more calm and transparent. LightFlare slowly takes his defensive stance. The look in his eye was not one of pride or over confidence. He smiled as if encouraging Hyde to not give up and come at him with all he has left...

UDk057D.jpg

Un...Believable! Hyde managed avoid a direct hit from that massive attack! But he looks like he's barely hanging on! Looks like it's now or never for Hyde. We are at the 2 min mark! Can Hyde pull the upset?! Or will Light gain victory in this epic battle!?

vDEq115.jpg

"You both have a valid point."

Lilith kept looking at the screen as the match continued

vDEq115.jpg

"Using this dark power is indeed dangerous and rather unnecessary in this case, but if he did hold back, it could be considered as a sign of disrespect as if "You're not worth my best". We'll have to put our faith on both Hyde and this hero to both come out in one piece."

hgdMXSj.jpg

'That power of his...it seems he can control it with no problem. The ability to switch that dark power on and off is interesting.'

Nanye and Lilith would both be excited about facing such an opponent... Raina preferred caution against these sorts of opponents...

Caution... something else was bothering Raina. Invoking the powers of gods was something that she'd never had trouble with before she'd found herself here. Had whatever entity that sent her here removed or sealed away that ability? Or was she so far from home that even the gods of Fantasia were out of reach?

'Thinking about this won't lead to anything changing. Maybe talking to someone else might help'

Raina moved from the screen showing the fight. There were other people here, presumably moved from their homes by some unexplained phenomenon. Maybe they might've had prior experience?

• 2 weeks later...

R3iTabs.png

Anwalt: When we step inside that arena, our opponent's giving their damnest with everything they got. As a fighter, I did the same thing when I stepped in. I lost because I was cocky, thought. That guy is giving Hyde a challenge not because he wants to solely prove his point, but because he knows he'll try everything he got in order to win. That's how we fight.

RKzCTYN.png

Lucent: ...

zIr2IaD.png

Anwalt: You don't have to worry. Hyde's going to be fine, winning or losing. This isn't like back then.

CKDNoQ7.png

Lucent: Since I'm inexperienced on this unlike you, I'll won't speak anything else. Doesn't mean I'll respect the whole idea, neither him for doing such thing.

Lucent handed over the map to Anwalt and opened his portable terminal, in order to download one. Once the download finished, he opened the map and began to leave, while carrying his and Anwalt's bag with his magic, as they began to float in the air.

x3RplE5.png

Anwalt: Hey, where are you going?

Xu0BPHU.png

Lucent: It's getting late. I'm heading out to search for a hotel where we all can stay.

gpCHHJB.png

Anwalt: Lucent, can't you just wait a little longer until this fight finishes?

wFDO6Hx.png

Lucent: Anwalt...

YdZ8V3t.png

Anwalt: *sigh* Fine, go on ahead.

92X2IUY.png

Lucent: I'll send you a text and the map point for you to follow once I find it. See you all later. Oh, and it was nice to meet you, miss.

Lucent went towards the elevator while Anwalt stood behind with Lilith and the mysterious woman.

7m2uCcj.png

Anwalt: By the way, you haven't told us you name yet. Unless you want me to call you miss all the time, which I'm sure is a treatment too formal and you don't seem to like it.

Meanwhile, the elevator arrived and Lucent boarded it. Once it reached the dance floor again, he flew over the crowd instead of walking inside of it. Outside, he looked at the map once more.

DDxTkXL.png

Lucent: According to the map, there's a hotel not too far from it. Since it's a little late, I guess we'll have to do with this.

2YcUl18.png

Lucent: (... "Hero", huh? As much as we don't know each other's stories, he's someone I certainly don't want to know for a long time. Not after what I saw, at least...)

Seeing as Light didn't make any moves, Hyde took this opportunity to grab his sword and face him.

AiHJuT.png

"Going easy on me suddenly? Guess I'll have to make sure you regret that decision."

(All right, let's try this again.)

hyd_ang.png
"BLACK ORBITER"

(Hyde once agains fires his projectile toward Lightflare)

On 12/12/2018 at 4:43 AM, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"Using this dark power is indeed dangerous and rather unnecessary in this case, but if he did hold back, it could be considered as a sign of disrespect as if "You're not worth my best". We'll have to put our faith on both Hyde and this hero to both come out in one piece."

srJ30BM.jpg

Don't worry. Hyde looks young but he's taken some heavy blows and hasn't quit yet. And Light...I'm sure he'll be fine...

15 hours ago, Agni Blackheart said:

92X2IUY.png

Lucent: I'll send you a text and the map point for you to follow once I find it. See you all later. Oh, and it was nice to meet you, miss.

A6xdOZC.jpg

Nice to meet you as well. Take care...

15 hours ago, Agni Blackheart said:

7m2uCcj.png

Anwalt: By the way, you haven't told us you name yet. Unless you want me to call you miss all the time, which I'm sure is a treatment too formal and you don't seem to like it.

yPciA7o.png

I don't mind. It's not often that I get that kind of treatment. But if you must know, the name is Melina....Melina Braveheart. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

Melina laughed and spoke in a tone that gave the impression that she not only isn't the formal type, but find those who speak in that tone amusing.

Meanwhile back in the arena...

40 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

Seeing as Light didn't make any moves, Hyde took this opportunity to grab his sword and face him.

AiHJuT.png

"Going easy on me suddenly? Guess I'll have to make sure you regret that decision."

(All right, let's try this again.)

hyd_ang.png
"BLACK ORBITER"

(Hyde once agains fires his projectile toward Lightflare)

4tUsezXl.jpg

LightFlare easily dodges the projectile. He circles Hyde watching his movments carefully as he speakes...

EaYC8tN.jpg

"Going Easy?" No...it's quite the contrary, young warrior. It's obvious you are cornered. The fire inside you...it tells me that this is when you are most dangerous. It is out of respect that I fight you with my all as well as be cautious when nesecerry. 

UDk057D.jpg

As intense as the battle is...now the fighters are exchanging words. Emotions are high in this epic battle! 2min 10sec on the clock!

1 hour ago, Darkflare said:

hyd_ang.png

"GOT YOU!"

Hyde had anticipated that Light would dodge his projectile. Using it as a distraction, he leaped over it coming down with an overhead slash. If nothing else, this would help close the distance between the two.

200.gif

Without a word, LightFlare quickly rolls under Hyde and executes a thrust kick aimed at Hydes back before Hyde could land from his attack. If it connects it will be a knockdown.

UDk057D.jpg

2min 20 sec! This is gonna be close!

As soon as Hyde landed he quickly remained low to avoid the kick.

Story-hyd14.png

(Yikes, that was close)

With no hesitation, Hyde quickly turned around with a leaping vertical slash that would launch Lightflare into the air if it hit. If successful, Hyde would follow up with two more slashes, the last hit knocking him down.

1 hour ago, Darkflare said:

As soon as Hyde landed he quickly remained low to avoid the kick.

Story-hyd14.png

(Yikes, that was close)

With no hesitation, Hyde quickly turned around with a leaping vertical slash that would launch Lightflare into the air if it hit. If successful, Hyde would follow up with two more slashes, the last hit knocking him down.

ebew7MYh.jpg

As Hyde turns around, LightFlare brings his foot down. Just as Hydes blade comes close to him, he shifts his upper body enough to dodge the blade and counters...

Spoiler

UDk057D.jpg

2min 30sec!

Hyde was launched into the air from the attack.

Story-hyd14.png

(NOT YET!)

He manages to right himself and land on his feet, planting his sword to support himself. Once he confirmed, his two feet were on the ground, Hyde focused power on himself.

Story-hyd2.png

(Only got one chance at this...)

"VEIL OFF!"

Hyde generated a brief burst of force that would push Lightflare back if he didn't brace himself. Regardless, Hyde would be surrounded by a notable aura on him.

Story-hyd2.png

"Sorry to spoil your fun. I dare you to try that one more time."

Anwalt Vermillion

k4bdZbr.png

Anwalt: Hahaha! That's seriously NOT the way I'd expect you to talk!

zIr2IaD.png

Anwalt: Melina Braveheart, huh... well, nice to meet ya. Here's hoping for some good battles from now on.

Lucent Vermillion

As he opened the map on his terminal and checked it, Lucent took the opportunity to check some hotels around. Apparently, there was one at the top of the most recommended: Grand Wave Hotel.

DDxTkXL.png

Lucent: Let's see... best accomodations, a good attending service, delicious food... seems like this is a good pick and I'm actually close to it.

u22ZljA.png

Lucent: The photos show some part of the area and it seems rather big. Although, I do think that it might not be-

BGM: Daisy Circuit

Grand-Hyatt-Kochi-Bolgatty-P058-Hotel-Fa-

When Lucent looked at his front, there was the hotel. And it was big. Really big. It seemed like only the rich and the fancy would stay.

MADfOyZ.png

Lucent: OK, I take it back. This is huge and expensive-looking.

rwBMpBA.png

Lucent: (I really don't like this. It kind of feels as if I'm a show-off just because I have money or whatnot. Then again, I don't want to put all of them to sleep on the streets or some old abandoned house. Not to mention, expensive or not, this is the closest hotel to the Bottom.)

He and Anwalt were sort of used to this, being nobles back in their world. Still, to the eyes of others it might look over the top. Also, it had the fact that the rest isn't on a trip. However, he decided to stay with this one, even though he might hear some complaints here and there when they arrive.

MxZF7ui.png

Lucent: Guess I'm staying with this one then. It's going to weird them out, but I'd prefer them sleeping in the comfortable than in the rocks. Besides, even if we're on a trip and they aren't doesn't mean we can't relax and have some other fun.

Grand-Hyatt-Kochi-Bolgatty-P051-Diwan.ad

He went inside and looked at the reception. There were people from every side of the corner. He breathed a little and went to the desk.

92X2IUY.png

Lucent: Excuse me, miss. How much does it cost to spend the night here?