SNK vs Capcom EX

Yamori X

SNK vs Capcom EX

Hello everyone. To all that may have noticed, I haven't put out anything recently aside from update. MUGENs been kinda on and off for me, but I got big into KoF recently and thought about makin' something sorta big after some inspiration.

This thing turns out to be a lil' full game in my custom style that I've been building for a long while. It's gonna be a SNK and Capcom crossover game, roster wise, but the gameplay is gonna be an odd amalgamation. After playing on both sides, I thought it would be fun to see what I could do with my favorite SNK chars in this style, plus some other unique Capcom IPs. I think by now, the style is pretty set in stone, but the thing I got start worrying about is the screenpack (not too great with graphics stuff of the sort).

There's also the roster, which I have a pretty big idea of, but may peeve a few since I can't include too many (i'm only human!) and that my tastes may differ a bit, sorry in advance!  The rosters sorta gonna be organized in threes, like KoF. I thought it would be a fun idea to organize the Capcom chars this way, since I haven't seen it before.

So far, 4 characters have been made, and I've been privately testing them with a few close friends just to help me polish (thanks doods). They are Lilith (of course), Chun-Li (from before), and the two new ones that I haven't released yet: Terry Bogard and Mai Shiranui. I had a lotta fun with them, and it's given me high hopes for this game. Once I get at least one rep from each starter team (4 Capcom, 4 SNK), I will release a little public alpha test to see what people think of the game. Once I've gathered feedback and polished up, I will move onto adding the rest of the members from the 8 starter teams for the first version of the game.

Now with that out of the way, I'll go on to describe the gameplay system at it's current state:

Spoiler

-6 Buttons
-Chaining a la MvC, but only for grounded normals. Aerials can't chain, with the grounded nature of the game.
-Any normal can now cancel into any special or super, no restrictions. Decided vsav's system was a bit restrictive, and I wanted something more explorative and freeform.
-Specials can also be cancelled into any super.
-CMD Normal chaining, a la KoF, but with a little more freedom. They can be cancelled raw into specials / supers, but still lose their special block properties when chained into, which also cuts the startup of said CMD Normals. Can be cancelled into from any normals, no restrictions either.
-Super Chaining, cancelling supers into other supers. A feature from my favorite fighting game ever. Will be a big focus of the game.
-ES Specials. Power up a special with an input of 2 buttons for 1 stock of meter. Will be geared a bit more to utility and combos. Can be cancelled into from any normal or special, on contact.
-Guard Breakers, another SFEX feature. Can be cancelled into from specials and supers, for an extra mixup kick. Input is universal (P+K of same strength) and costs 1 Stock of meter.
-Guard Cancels, feature from Street Fighter Alpha and KoF respectively, but a bit more akin to KoF. Same input as Guard Breakers, also cost 1 Stock of meter.

That out of the way, expect some progress soon. Below is a trailer with a bit of gameplay footage and other things to show you what's goin' on (thanks Rodknee). Hope you enjoy!

Discord Link, for future updates if you're interested: https://discord.gg/pqywhPS

Yamori X

how old  is your video ?  because you sure need to make your own lifebars for your Ikemen game :D and oh Im a also a I.k.e.m.e.n Coder and creator :) but would be nice to included the full Roster and show more the game content instead of the just character's game play  :( that my opinion anyways.

here a good example of what I mean when I coded My Melty Blood Ikemen remix. because its very important to show off the full content of your

Ikemen creation :D

• 2 weeks later...

this looks lit! I have ideas for Capcom reps: Jin Saotome (Cyberbots) Hayato Kanzaki (Star Gladiator) Strider Hiryu (Strider Series) Saki Omokane (Quiz Nanairo Dreams) and for SNK reps, my boy, the ever underrated: Marco Rossi (Metal Slug) , would it be too much to ask?

On 3/5/2018 at 2:27 PM, OxyontheWolf said:

this looks lit! I have ideas for Capcom reps: Jin Saotome (Cyberbots) Hayato Kanzaki (Star Gladiator) Strider Hiryu (Strider Series) Saki Omokane (Quiz Nanairo Dreams) and for SNK reps, my boy, the ever underrated: Marco Rossi (Metal Slug) , would it be too much to ask?

Well, you'll probably be happy to know most of them are confirmed, one of which is even planned for the first public test build!

16 hours ago, Yamori X said:

Well, you'll probably be happy to know most of them are confirmed, one of which is even planned for the first public test build!

most? who are we missing? can we add those that are missing to the roster?