Eliza Masters by Silentripper updated 1/27/12

Phantom Blood

Lol, I enjoy this release. Her moveset, even though mixed, is still pretty good to me. The only complaint I see here is just that she wasn't mean to play like that. If she was a Karate user before she met Ken, she should mostly have some karate attacks. This is probably a mix of jujitsu and some weird mixes o-O O wells, imo, its a great char, but the ideal moveset is probably the only problem here.

- She can crouch while running.

- The taunt needs a transition frame with stance.

- Where's my readme? Posted Image

While she's well coded, I don't like how she "just" feels like POTS' Geese mixed with a bit of Rugal and Vega's throw.

Nothing to say about the technique, but the concept itself disappointed me a little. With your spriting talent, I'm sure you could have gone for more originality, especially cosidering she's Eliza, so she should have more of Ken's techniques than Geese's.

Basically I made a character I like with the moves I like the most from other characers, so this is more of a personal gratification thing instead of making a character in any accurate way. I guess that what most new people getting to mugen should be aiming, its the first character I've done from scratch after all. Posted Image

Wah wah wah, she doesn't move exactly like we thought she should, she should have the Dragon Punch and nothing but the Dragon Punch or else Jesus won't return to the Earth.

If you don't like it, make one yourself, bitches. This is a damn fine character.

Its called criticism. Learn to accept it, buddy..

Look, mugen is supposed to be about self gratification, we all understand, but the reason why everyone is so pissed about this character is something completely different. Look, the sprite work on this character is amazing, the coding is really competent and taking out some minor flaws, it's really in the same level as some renounmed characters. The reason everyone is pissed about it is because the creator came so close to reaching hall of the great and decided to mediocrise the character to the same level as some crappy edits that you see only on random warez sites, like god ryu (ryu with god rugal moves), god yuri, etc. Geese and Rugal moves on other characters is already seen as low art around mugen community, it's like the idea if i want my character to be cool, he most fight like the cool ones, but they where done by people with no real effort that simply decided to make crappy edits. This character is so well made that all the work was lost to this detail. Take note, i went on a real fight back some years on MugenBR, the year Street Fighter 4, when the news of a possibility of gouken making the cut into the game made everyone crazy. Some guys decided to create a SVC Gouken from scratch, making a really big effort with all the sprite work to make it look good. Then they revealed their plan to the moves, they decided to make him a simple clone of Akuma/Gouki. I entered in a fight with the creators trying to point out that he should have a more creative moveset, probably a dashing uppercut and an anti-air kick, some diagonal projectiles, etc. They bashed me all week (it was the week gouken trailes was to launch), they simply refused the idea of making a original character of all that work. Then the trailer arrived and all of my sugestion where almost exactly fit on the way gouken fought on the game. They decided to still go on their idea of making him a gouki clone. Nowadays their Gouken is almost completely forgoten and all their effort was lost. Some of their sprites where used as a base to the new SF4 accurate SVC Gouken, and well, this is the one that appear in almost every SNK style compilation. The morals are, being mediocre in the most important aspect of the character (gameplay), makes the whole character mediocre. Your Eliza will only be remembered while no one has made a better one, after that it will be just that sucky character with mediocre moves that no one cares anymore.

my only issue was the moveset, it contradicts who she is. i really don't believe that she should have any real big ki moves at all, even for supers. a small amount of Ken moves are a given [as i'm sure she lean'd some stuff from her husband, 1 way or another], but she should be more original, that's all.

& i hope she does not end up with a SRK.