A person

The Roleplay Paradise Redux: Fortis Novum Mundum

1,638 posts in this topic

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png

"There is no shame in choosing to play it safe. It would be hard to complete your errand if you're not among the living, after all. I trust then that your group will not be such dummkopfs as to head toward that forest until the sun rises again."

 

The woman turned around to head back to the magical city.

 

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"You mentioned the oracle. From my studies, I've determined that it's impossible to see the future, at most what you could see is the most probable future, one that has already been altered just by your knowledge of its existence."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tony Redgrave said:

 

N5bqPjQ.png

So, looks like we've got another person mixed into this mess, huh? Well, anyways, nice to meet you, Joyce. The name's Dante.

 

rWWVztz.png

Joyce: Hi there! It's nice knowing you too.

 

12 hours ago, Tony Redgrave said:

 

kGhbi7T.png

What? How did you just get here?

 

Pcq1J78.png

Jude: I'm as confused as you are...

i8la1Dd.png

Jude: But since it led me to both of you, I shouldn't be complaining. Magnum, do you know where Seraph is? The group is waiting by the city's entrance.

 

3 hours ago, A person said:

Idealis bit back a harsh remark, instead opting to let out an irritated sigh. She was right, after all; in their current condition, the chances of them getting away without getting hurt were very slim.

 

4f5a1db34e.png

Idealis: Fine...you win. Let's spend the night here and hope that we don't find everyone dead in the morning.

 

nEcjUt3.png

Yomi: Glad I got through you.

LZfnkNm.png

Yomi: Now then...I wonder what currency this place uses.

 

1 hour ago, Darkflare said:

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png

"There is no shame in choosing to play it safe. It would be hard to complete your errand if you're not among the living, after all. I trust then that your group will not be such dummkopfs as to head toward that forest until the sun rises again."

 

The woman turned around to head back to the magical city.

 

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"You mentioned the oracle. From my studies, I've determined that it's impossible to see the future, at most what you could see is the most probable future, one that has already been altered just by your knowledge of its existence."

 

6nUIgBv.png

Yomi: With that in mind, I guess we can say the future is always changing. So "true" future prediction is just a myth.

UW5OFdj.png

Yomi: Well...discussing this in public might cause mass panic as the Oracle told us. I'm sure you want to hear about our meeting with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mister Fael said:

nEcjUt3.png

Yomi: Glad I got through you.

LZfnkNm.png

Yomi: Now then...I wonder what currency this place uses.

de1283b471.png

Idealis: I'm assuming gold. Seems like it'd match the theme of the place!

 

1 hour ago, Darkflare said:

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png

"There is no shame in choosing to play it safe. It would be hard to complete your errand if you're not among the living, after all. I trust then that your group will not be such dummkopfs as to head toward that forest until the sun rises again."

 

The woman turned around to head back to the magical city.

 

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"You mentioned the oracle. From my studies, I've determined that it's impossible to see the future, at most what you could see is the most probable future, one that has already been altered just by your knowledge of its existence."

b7c14c2275.png

Idealis: Then we could be in an even worse situation than we're already in...ugh, let's just look for an inn. I'm going to make myself worried sick at this rate.

 

47 minutes ago, Mister Fael said:

6nUIgBv.png

Yomi: With that in mind, I guess we can say the future is always changing. So "true" future prediction is just a myth.

UW5OFdj.png

Yomi: Well...discussing this in public might cause mass panic as the Oracle told us. I'm sure you want to hear about our meeting with him.

 

cd181951e2.png

Idealis: Let's find an inn to discuss it at, then.

 

Idealis began to head away from the gate, scanning the streets for any sign of an inn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ezgif-1-daea11053d.png

Seth: ..... (My next target, is a person that controls minds? What a nuisance... I guess my purpose here was to have more blood on my blades. It seems that your my next victim, Athena...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eventually, Idealis would stumble upon a large building with a wooden sign hanging upon the facade depicting three Z's going from top to bottom, getting smaller as they went down. Without a word, she made her way into the building, expecting the others to follow her inside as a bell was struck by the corner of the door, causing it to ring. The smell of a hearty soup cooking upon a hearth filled the air around them, but it was preceded by a very warm gust of air punching them in the gut.

 

 

 


04d315c885.jpg

Elysia Inn
 

 

Seemingly used to the differences in temperature causing a shock to her body, Idealis marched in and took a deep breath.

94a8369d8f.png

Idealis: I like this place already!

 

Meanwhile, between the tables was what appeared to be a short girl dressed in an unusual battle suit. To those capable of sensing power, hers was no greater than that of a commoner within the city.

 

6554279af3.png

???: Hello, visitors...Daddy's sleeping right now, but I can help you all. Are you here for a meal, or maybe to spend the night?

 

Idealis noticed the girl.

 

de1283b471.png

Idealis: Oh, hello...we're here to spend the night and...maybe get a meal at the same time.

 

11208c2963.png

???: Yay! It's not expensive at all! Only seventy-five gold coins! 

 

54e41b23a8.png

???: We can also take copper and silver, if you have them.

 

ec4fb7b5fc.png

???: But no pompadillions. It's money you can't hold nor spend except in dumb fancy towns.

 

Idealis let out a sigh of relief. She dug around in her pockets for a moment to see if she was lucky enough to have kept the money she had on her person. She glanced back at the others.

 

cd181951e2.png

Idealis: Any of you have any gold on you? I'm hoping this world's gold is the same as my world's gold...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the Discussion continued in the meeting room Kyo stepped up to tell them what he had learned while traveling to the slums

XHEQ11X.png

Kyo: we did see a lot of soldiers it was sure weird.....there were a hell of a lot of criminals around though

Kyo then turns to Lightflare

FjLSiks.png

Kyo: its been a long time hasn't it man you sure have changed. at least in looks haha

@LightFlare_Da_Realest

40Oe2jf.png

Kiryu: Kyo maybe we should get back on track here how about telling everyone that thing that attacked us

Morrigan stares at Lightflare with a curious gaze from across the room.

l43yB4S.png

Morrigan: (oh my what an intense amount of spiritual energy)

Kyo then turns back to Kiryu

XHEQ11X.png

Kyo: alright, alright so anyway I could sense this weird ominous energy coming from one of the abandoned buildings in the slums. I went to check it out and.......I found something really weird and creepy. basically it was a pitch black version of me with red eyes and it uses purple flames instead of normal ones like mine. some kind of doppleganger or something it was weird it was a pretty close match. it copied every single one of my moves Kiryu and Morrigan showed up a little bit after

Ec3yoGp.png

Kiryu: I've thought a lot of stange things in my day but that was certainly unique it was faster than I could see too. Morrigan swooped in and saved me id be dead right now if it wasn't for her the shadow-thing fled as soon as he found out he'd been outnumbered he was so fast we couldn't even hope to catch it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elysia Inn

3 hours ago, A person said:

 

cd181951e2.png

Idealis: Any of you have any gold on you? I'm hoping this world's gold is the same as my world's gold...

ezgif-1-7651723a82.png

Seth: It would be rare to find something like that on me, but i'm sure this place should take the same "atomic number 79."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sinjik said:

Elysia Inn

ezgif-1-7651723a82.png

Seth: It would be rare to find something like that on me, but i'm sure this place should take the same "atomic number 79."

Idealis dug out some pocket change from her coat. All of that money she gained from those hunts was gone...it was almost exactly like she had just left home for the first time once again. She let out a sigh. Hopefully there would be ways to get more money here, otherwise, sleeping on the streets was going to become a viable option. However, there was an issue: if she didn't pay enough, some of them were going to have to find somewhere else to sleep.

 

cd181951e2.png

Idealis: How many beds are in each room?

 

54e41b23a8.png

???: There are two beds per room!

 

4f5a1db34e.png

Idealis: Okay...give me a moment.

 

She placed a gold purse upon the table, then sifted through it to count how much gold she had. 500. She had to manage 500 coins, and she was already giving away 300 to ensure that her party would be able to have a warm place to stay. At least she didn't have to exchange them. Silently, she hoped and prayed that there would be a way to get more of it, otherwise, she was going to run out of it quickly. She handed the coins to the girl, who examined them, then raised an eyebrow.

 

1270beb806.png

???: Huh? What's with these coins?

 

Oh dear. That was the last thing Idealis wanted.

 

719caea925.png

Idealis: U-um...they're gold coins, right?

 

ec4fb7b5fc.png

???: Yeah, but they have a different look. Where'd you get these?

 

719caea925.png

Idealis: I got them from home...

 

0a23c19238.png

???: Where's "home"?

 

Idealis glanced back at the other party members, as if seeking a solution to this problem she had just put them in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elizabeth Bathory

 

She followed them to the inn, immediately running to the fireplace.

 

6I4LZCM.png

Lize: Aaaah, this feels so good... finally, I'm warm...

 

Magnum Alexandria and Seraph Artwaltz

 

Jude's sudden appearance hasn't surprised Magnum much. He knew the disc served for that, other than the fact that teleporting wasn't something so unusual for him.

 

A4HADdU.png

Magnum: Well, I don't. Maybe he's still fighting, so-

Seraph: I'm here.

 

Soon, Seraph approached them. He seemed to be fine.

 

oaxHOiu.png

Magnum: Sir Seraph!!

XwwGMjH.png

Seraph: Sorry if I took my time. Has the conversation with the Oracle ended?

kpoP4cl.png

Magnum: Seems like it. Jude just appeared to take us back to the town.

yInrSG5.png

Seraph: Well, we shouldn't leave them waiting for too long. Let's go.

K3UkWVg.png

Magnum: W-Wait... about the person who attacked me...

P9sJKE1.png

Seraph: I'll tell you back in the town. Dawdling here will call the attention of the guardians and we might end up in an unnecessary fight against dragons.

kpoP4cl.png

Magnum: Yes sir!

 

Agni Artwaltz, Melina, Rokurou Rangetsu, 5T, 13P and Anna Ametrine

 

1WNsbyZ.png

Rokurou: I've got no idea, his background's shady as himself and Hakumen never gave us too much details about him.

JRDJdAH.png

Melina: Hmmhmm. This calls for investigative work.

J5ATjeG.png

Agni: Melina, do you have any ideas?

g8aNoxJ.png

Melina: Well, gathering information is the first part of my job. I could try to gather some pieces of the puzzle around town.

zzvLMum.png

Agni: That seems good, but let's leave it to tomorrow then.

Iy4tZks.png

13P: Well, we could try to see something in the network... 5T, you can manage that, right?

WYIYmuh.png

5T: That would require a really potent machine, capable of even reaching archives and data from other systems. Clearly, even if this place is well equipped, something like that isn't in our reach.

U3q0AiV.gif

Anna: ...

HC2KBoo.png

Agni: Still thinking about the soldiers?

Anna: Yes... after all, if they are human... how come I never felt a change in the flux?

bOWsHu2.png

Agni: I don't know what to say about them either...

 

As the discussion went on, Melina noticed how bothered Kirimuri was. She believed it had to do with the whole scenario, so she asked out of curiosity.

 

3Lp2ucC.png

Melina: Well, someone seems bothered. Care to opine, Kirimuri, or do you prefer to remain as the silent outsider out of 6 people who never got inside?

 

Lucina

 

After a good amount of walk, they finally reached the Hangout.

 

CtOQnSs.png

Lucina: And here we are. This is the Warrior's Hangout. My allies should be already inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, A person said:

0a23c19238.png

???: Where's "home"?

 

Idealis glanced back at the other party members, as if seeking a solution to this problem she had just put them in.

ezgif-1-7ce159824f.png

Seth: (Tch, I should have seen this coming, she has us cornered. I'm not sure if what i'm about to say is going to be a mistake or not, but it's worth a shot)

ezgif-1-5cd178a5ba.png

Seth: We are from different worlds, i'm not exactly sure which worlds they came from, but I am from Earth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, A person said:

Idealis glanced back at the other party members, as if seeking a solution to this problem she had just put them in.

The woman from before entered the inn noting the group.

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"I wasn't so sure if I would see you again so quickly, fortunate that you decided against heading off to that forest so late."

 

She approached Idealis.

 

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"I take it that you ran into a problem due to your poor planning, fraulein. Perhaps you would like to discuss it with me?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sinjik said:

ezgif-1-7ce159824f.png

Seth: (Tch, I should have seen this coming, she has us cornered. I'm not sure if what i'm about to say is going to be a mistake or not, but it's worth a shot)

ezgif-1-5cd178a5ba.png

Seth: We are from different worlds, i'm not exactly sure which worlds they came from, but I am from Earth...

The girl gasped.

 

7de0612724.png

???: Earth? Are you telling me that you're...?!

 

She quickly shook her head.

 

df6e92ab6d.png

???: I'm no fool...just tell me where you got those coins from, okay?

Just now, Darkflare said:

The woman from before entered the inn noting the group.

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"I wasn't so sure if I would see you again so quickly, fortunate that you decided against heading off to that forest so late."

 

She approached Idealis.

 

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

 

"I take it that you ran into a problem due to your poor planning, fraulein. Perhaps you would like to discuss it with me?"

Idealis held up a single gold coin for her to examine. The design upon its head was significantly different from that of a gold coin minted within this area.

 

4f5a1db34e.png

Idealis: The coins aren't the same, and she noticed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A person said:

 

Idealis: The coins aren't the same, and she noticed...

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"Fraulein, anyone with working eyes could notice. Regardless, if you're willing to do a simple job for me, I believe I can assist you with your problem."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

annoyed_by_duckmann18-dbn9w88.png

"This reminds me of a similar case in my world... If mind controlling is involved then I'd rather stay out of this. I refuse to go back there. Can't we just report to the king of this city instead? Or is he too blind to even notice what's happening here?"

 

stare_by_duckmann18-dbnd31z.png

"And most importantly, why haven't those who went to see the King come back yet?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"Fraulein, anyone with working eyes could notice. Regardless, if you're willing to do a simple job for me, I believe I can assist you with your problem."

It was a necessary out, but one that was also risky.

 

b0f9435a84.png

Idealis: What is it?

 

54 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Lucina

 

After a good amount of walk, they finally reached the Hangout.

 

 

Lucina: And here we are. This is the Warrior's Hangout. My allies should be already inside.

The commander looked up at the building, but Penelope immediately ran towards it.

 

becc5996f2.png

Penelope: Heeeeeere weeeeee cooooooome!

 

The commander sighed.

 

404bcc6738.png

???: She is going to get us in trouble before we even get inside...

 

3a0f57033f.png

???: Anyway, let us go in and meet with the others.

 

The commander started to make her way to the building, followed wordlessly by the robotic knight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A person said:

Idealis: What is it?

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"Simple, you're going to Candor, right? Your group shall escort me there. I'll pay your rooms as payment. While I can take care of myself, I believe it's better to have close allies nearby. I believe it's a fair deal."

 

7 minutes ago, A person said:

The commander started to make her way to the building, followed wordlessly by the robotic knight.

 

 

The door is locked with a Closed sign. The Hangout had closed early today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, A person said:

 

df6e92ab6d.png

???: I'm no fool...just tell me where you got those coins from, okay?

6nUIgBv.png

Yomi: (Even though the coins are gold, she's asking for the source...) Do you perhaps...reconize those coins miss? Or do you just want to know what kind of currency they are.

 

1 hour ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Magnum Alexandria and Seraph Artwaltz

 

9qeDMnt.png

Jude: Good to know you're fine. Let's get going.

 

1 hour ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Lucina

 

After a good amount of walk, they finally reached the Hangout.

 

 

Lucina: And here we are. This is the Warrior's Hangout. My allies should be already inside.

 

 

   At that moment.

 

iWzRJ6P.png

Hugh: Hey...it's that Lucina chick.

rWWVztz.png

Joyce: Another one of your friends?

xsUSTrc.png

Hugh: We can't exactly call ourselves friends yet.

xKugnjS.png

Joyce: I see...so you're the kind of person that prefers the word "coleague"

Np0M7cz.png

Hugh: Not that either...

 

1 minute ago, Darkflare said:

The door is locked with a Closed sign. The Hangout had closed early today.

 

qRm2myl.png

Hugh: Of all times...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MAGICAL KINGDOM OF VERVE: Elysia Inn 

36 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"Simple, you're going to Candor, right? Your group shall escort me there. I'll pay your rooms as payment. While I can take care of myself, I believe it's better to have close allies nearby. I believe it's a fair deal."

3c49d6eca8.png

Idealis: Can't disagree with that...

 

de1283b471.png

Idealis: Okay, it's a deal.

 

35 minutes ago, Mister Fael said:

6nUIgBv.png

Yomi: (Even though the coins are gold, she's asking for the source...) Do you perhaps...reconize those coins miss? Or do you just want to know what kind of currency they are.

ec4fb7b5fc.png

???: I just want to know. There's no city Daddy's taken me to that makes coins like these.

 

CANDOR CITY: Warriors' Hangout

36 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

 

The door is locked with a Closed sign. The Hangout had closed early today.

Penelope crashed into the door face-first, causing her to fall backwards. 

 

85227e81f4.png

Penelope: Owwwww, that hurt like a bitch!

 

The commander snickered, losing her composure. She couldn't help but smile as well.

 

c6398064ef.png

???: Pay more attention next time, Penelope.

 

3a0f57033f.png

???: Anyway, her mistake has probably alerted them to our presence. If they do not come out soon, I suppose we should come back tomorrow when it is open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

As the heroes gather, LightFlare begins to wonder about team 2...

2xZlwJX.jpg&key=661eeed08a91a5edaf59c14a

Hina...have you spoken to Hugh and Ludger yet? Perhaps you could call them?

 

u0t4woQ.png

Yui: But...we can't make phonecalls.

DWtWt3n.png

Yui: Ludger has a phone, but he didn't call us for a while...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mister Fael said:

 

u0t4woQ.png

Yui: But...we can't make phonecalls.

DWtWt3n.png

Yui: Ludger has a phone, but he didn't call us for a while...

 

2xZlwJX.jpg&key=661eeed08a91a5edaf59c14a

Yeah... that's right. Man I forget so quickly...but at least you have a phone. I took a stab in the dark there. How bout this? Darkflare, if she showed a picture of her friends to the maids, could they let them in when they arrive. I guess that may not include the others, but at least those 2 will get in. Or will you give a pass to anyone Hugh and Ludger vouch for?

 

@Darkflare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, A person said:

de1283b471.png

Idealis: Okay, it's a deal.

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"Excellent."

 

She summons a small portal and takes out a pouch from it. She begins to take out the gold, counting it as she does.

 

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"That should be enough for 5 rooms."

 

She looked over to Idealis.

 

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"Before you ask, I prefer to have my own room. I'm sure your friends won't mind."

 

45 minutes ago, A person said:

3a0f57033f.png

???: Anyway, her mistake has probably alerted them to our presence. If they do not come out soon, I suppose we should come back tomorrow when it is open.

One of the mecha maids could be seen approaching the door.

 

G79tLNC.jpg

"Please don't hit the door. We're closed early today."

 

4 minutes ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

 

2xZlwJX.jpg&key=661eeed08a91a5edaf59c14a

Yeah... that's right. Man I forget so quickly...but at least you have a phone. I took a stab in the dark there. How bout this? Darkflare, if she showed a picture of her friends to the maids, could they let them in when they arrive. I guess that may not include the others, but at least those 2 will get in. Or will you give a pass to anyone Hugh and Ludger vouch for?

 

@Darkflare

GSj1BsV.jpg

"Such a pain in the ass. Why couldn't you all come together as one? I suppose I could, but I would rather we don't waste too much time on this."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

GSj1BsV.jpg

"Such a pain in the ass. Why couldn't you all come together as one? I suppose I could, but I would rather we don't waste too much time on this."

2xZlwJX.jpg&key=661eeed08a91a5edaf59c14a

"Come together as one...?" Lol... I'll he sure to tell everyone to come in their giant lions so we can form Voltron. But seriously... thanks for being a good sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

One of the mecha maids could be seen approaching the door.

 

G79tLNC.jpg

"Please don't hit the door. We're closed early today."

 

Np0M7cz.png

Hugh: Is the hospital still open for members though? We got an injured one here.

uoU8Qy7.png

Ludger: Sup...

 

22 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

 

Mycale_zps34bb36ab.png&key=dda4a2d08aed7

"Before you ask, I prefer to have my own room. I'm sure your friends won't mind."

 

9Lk3Xsd.png

Yomi: Fine by me. I'll go wait outside to see if I can spot Doctor Mathis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now