The Roleplay Paradise Redux: Fortis Novum Mundum

A person

Investigation Team (Agni and Mirfah)

BGM: Layer Cake (Persona 5)

Dante and Light's answer made it clear: those weren't the normal royal guards. Agni, having some knowledge and experience in war, began to get a hypotesis. One deadly and chaotic hypotesis.

bOWsHu2.png

Agni: It's just as I thought then. Those guys aren't the actual royal guards...

6RQYOKJ.png

Mirfah: Hold on, aren't you guys thinking too much about this? Maybe they're just new and don't know how to do things right-

ekXitMm.png

Agni: Being new doesn't explain the old armor, Mirfah. Those guards are nothing but rogues. I'm starting to feel there's a bigger picture behind this whole shenanigan. This whole issue... it's starting to sound as if the people of the slums are planning to do something.

izgwyhY.png

Mirfah: Whoa, that's some progression! How'd you managed to go that far?

J5ATjeG.png

Agni: Like I said, it's just a hunch. By all means, I could be wrong.

He thought about it. The investigation had to proceed, but how they would be able to do it? There was a point that drove Agni's attention.

HC2KBoo.png

Agni: (Is the discontentment of the slums affecting the people and the public opinion moved towards it? If it is, then...)

7qwXzNk.png

Mirfah: Agni... let me get this straight. What are you actually saying is...

Agni: ... the Slums are organizing something. What that something is, I don't know.

J5ATjeG.png

Agni: Right now, we need to discover what's going on here. Let's split into the teams and ask around.

6RQYOKJ.png

Mirfah: OK... but what exactly should we ask?

Agni: If people are discontent.

7qwXzNk.png

Mirfah: What?

iXkTeu8.png

Agni: Listen, I'm starting to have a general idea of what's going on behind this and I'm not liking it one single bit. If we know the public opinion, we'll reach the answer. After all...

HC2KBoo.png

Agni: You all got the grasp of the idea I have, don't you...?

Mirfah thought about it. Soon, he managed to reach another point of view, sharing it with Agni. His worriness eventually grew.

m8elZBZ.png

Mirfah: ... Hold on, that's... crazy! What the hell?! If this is right, then...!!

ZNfDanu.png

Agni: So, you got it. And what about you guys? Have you managed to understand the theorical situation I though?

@LightFlare_Da_Realest @Tony Redgrave @Mister Fael @NijikakuFan61

After a long moment of slow-walking on three legs, Kirimuri finally arrives at the Warriors' Hangout thanks to Kiryu's help. He falls down once more due to fatigue right when he entered the place.

more_portraits_i_guess_by_duckmann18-dbk

Kirimuri: "Fucking... DEBUFFS!"

He barely crawls at a Mech-Hisui standing near both of them, gently pulls her dress and asks:

Kirimuri: "Excuse me... where can I get a place to rest and have a nice massage?"

@Darkflare

37 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

BGM: Layer Cake (Persona 5)

Dante and Light's answer made it clear: those weren't the normal royal guards. Agni, having some knowledge and experience in war, began to get a hypotesis. One deadly and chaotic hypotesis.

bOWsHu2.png

Agni: It's just as I thought then. Those guys aren't the actual royal guards...

6RQYOKJ.png

Mirfah: Hold on, aren't you guys thinking too much about this? Maybe they're just new and don't know how to do things right-

ekXitMm.png

Agni: Being new doesn't explain the old armor, Mirfah. Those guards are nothing but rogues. I'm starting to feel there's a bigger picture behind this whole shenanigan. This whole issue... it's starting to sound as if the people of the slums are planning to do something.

izgwyhY.png

Mirfah: Whoa, that's some progression! How'd you managed to go that far?

J5ATjeG.png

Agni: Like I said, it's just a hunch. By all means, I could be wrong.

He thought about it. The investigation had to proceed, but how they would be able to do it? There was a point that drove Agni's attention.

HC2KBoo.png

Agni: (Is the discontentment of the slums affecting the people and the public opinion moved towards it? If it is, then...)

7qwXzNk.png

Mirfah: Agni... let me get this straight. What are you actually saying is...

Agni: ... the Slums are organizing something. What that something is, I don't know.

J5ATjeG.png

Agni: Right now, we need to discover what's going on here. Let's split into the teams and ask around.

6RQYOKJ.png

Mirfah: OK... but what exactly should we ask?

Agni: If people are discontent.

7qwXzNk.png

Mirfah: What?

iXkTeu8.png

Agni: Listen, I'm starting to have a general idea of what's going on behind this and I'm not liking it one single bit. If we know the public opinion, we'll reach the answer. After all...

HC2KBoo.png

Agni: You all got the grasp of the idea I have, don't you...?

Mirfah thought about it. Soon, he managed to reach another point of view, sharing it with Agni. His worriness eventually grew.

m8elZBZ.png

Mirfah: ... Hold on, that's... crazy! What the hell?! If this is right, then...!!

ZNfDanu.png

Agni: So, you got it. And what about you guys? Have you managed to understand the theorical situation I though?

@LightFlare_Da_Realest @Tony Redgrave @Mister Fael @NijikakuFan61

Tommy: Um... I don't think I get it... could you explain again...?

Tommy thought for a few seconds, then remembered some of what Agni had said.

Tommy: Wait... am I supposed to ask questions about what these thugs we just saw are doing?

33 minutes ago, DuckMannnn said:

After a long moment of slow-walking on three legs, Kirimuri finally arrives at the Warriors' Hangout thanks to Kiryu's help. He falls down once more due to fatigue right when he entered the place.

Kirimuri: "Fucking... DEBUFFS!"

He barely crawls at a Mech-Hisui standing near both of them, gently pulls her dress and asks:

Kirimuri: "Excuse me... where can I get a place to rest and have a nice massage?"

@Darkflare

MechHisui-1.png&key=6df0507faf72f800c77a

"I believe you need medical assistance more than a massage."

GSj1BsV.jpg

"No kidding. You look like shit. Just take him up to the infirmary for now. I'll figure out what to do with him afterwards."

The mecha maid bowed and began to carry him up to the infirmary.

@Agni Blackheart @Mister Fael @Tony Redgrave @NijikakuFan61

@OxyontheWolf

01_mod06t.jpg

I think the people not only know who's behind this, but there may be sympathizers as well. We'd better be careful when snooping around. These "soldiers" may have informants who's sole purpose is to alert the guards of any suspicious individuals in the community. We gotta watch our backs while we're out there. This isn't just an investigation anymore...

ryusf3end3.gif

...we may be in the middle of some kind of..."civil war".

The bus begins to slow down...and stops.

01_mod06t.jpg

We're here! Time to split up...

2 hours ago, Darkflare said:

GSj1BsV.jpg

"No kidding. You look like shit. Just take him up to the infirmary for now. I'll figure out what to do with him afterwards."

KVC1w0X.png-well i'll be outside having a smoke I need to clear my head

Kiryu sat on a bench close by the front door to the warriors hangout gazing at the sky with a cigarette having out of his mouth he then looks back down towards the street and starts thinking

yjTxmHk.png-(well what should I do now? its not like I know my way around this city maybe I outta just stick around here)

BGM: Layer Cake still playing

Agni and Mirfah nodded at Light and descended from the bus. They looked around and saw that "guards" were walking around alongside the public.

m8elZBZ.png

Mirfah: Darn, there's a heavy concentration inside as well.

HC2KBoo.png

Agni: This is going to be difficult. I doubt we'd blend in with the public that easily here. Let's move to remote areas of the slums and ask.

7qwXzNk.png

Mirfah: Let's take the northwest route then. The others can see where they want to go, right?

J5ATjeG.png

Agni: Yeah, let's not stand around too much. Ask to the people about the situation of the slums and if they agreed with it or not. Let's reunite back here and discuss what we could find.

Agni and Mirfah went towards the route to the northwest section of the slums. They looked back at the others while walking, to see if the rest of the team was coming along. Standing still would definitely raise suspicion coming from the guards.

Melina

BGM: Palace of the Insane still playing

She went in the corridor and looked around. All the doors remained the same.

3Gy2cus.png

Melina: All those doors... judging by how they are looking, those are basic rooms... hmm?

An obviously locked room stood right in front of her. It seemed very hideous.

3Lp2ucC.png

Melina: What are they hiding here, I suppose...

57 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

Agni and Mirfah nodded at Light and descended from the bus. They looked around and saw that "guards" were walking around alongside the public.

m8elZBZ.png

HC2KBoo.png

Agni: This is going to be difficult. I doubt we'd blend in with the public that easily here. Let's move to remote areas of the slums and ask.

7qwXzNk.png

Mirfah: Let's take the northwest route then. The others can see where they want to go, right?

J5ATjeG.png

Agni: Yeah, let's not stand around too much. Ask to the people about the situation of the slums and if they agreed with it or not. Let's reunite back here and discuss what we could find.

Agni and Mirfah went towards the route to the northwest section of the slums. They looked back at the others while walking, to see if the rest of the team was coming along. Standing still would definitely raise suspicion coming from the guards.

2xZlwJX.jpg

(Time to spread out...) Etomo...Ryuko... Kyosuke...Lancer. Let's head east. 

@Tony Redgrave @Mister Fael @NijikakuFan61

18 minutes ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

2xZlwJX.jpg

@Tony Redgrave @Mister Fael @NijikakuFan61

kyosuke.jpg

Affirmative.

1 hour ago, Agni Blackheart said:

m8elZBZ.png

HC2KBoo.png

7qwXzNk.png

J5ATjeG.png

Tommy was definitely coming along.

tommy.png

So, the first person I see I get to ask a question to, right?

Tommy paused for a second, still walking the entire time.

tommy.png

...well... that's how it worked last time I asked questions to people...

1 hour ago, Agni Blackheart said:

7qwXzNk.png

J5ATjeG.png

2NKNNzg.png

Yui: Alright. Good luck to the other teams.

jgtOVG1.png

Hinamori: Don't worry about getting lost. I can use my spirits to find the way.

14 minutes ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

2xZlwJX.jpg

uTMB5Zh.png

Ryuko: Roger that!

jVekFcV.png

Etomo: Right behind you.

qJwkcqn.png

Ludger: Then, my team will head north. Let's go guys.

xsUSTrc.png

Hugh: Let's try not get into too much trouble.

@Mister Fael @NijikakuFan61 @Tony Redgrave

01_mod01.jpg

Lightflare's Team went east to question the locals residents on the recent arrival of the "soldiers" in Slum Village...

01_mod01t.jpg

Looks like there are no guards in the immediate area. Let's spread out a bit and see what the locals know...

LightFlare approached a  group of young men. They were laughing and joking amongst themselves. Being an orphan in his early days, LightFlare knows the streets. He knew he had to communicate with them in their "language", or they won't trust him. LightFlare quickly tries to gain there trust...

2xZlwJX.jpg

Sup fellas? Can I "holla" at y'all a minute?

The young men looked and LightFlare and apprehensive at first, but one of them a answered...

2xZlwJX.jpg

I kinda new round here. It's all good, but these guards are all over the place. I mean, is this place on quarantine or what?!

2321265125_f9a137a20b.jpg

Heh... something like that. These dudes just showed up. Said they was here for "our protection". Kinda seems like a prison to me nowadays. It wasn't always like this, but a recent incident spooked them and they beefed up security. Used to be just a couple guards. But slowly the number increased. Them just earlier, something made them go into panic mode, homie.

2xZlwJX.jpg

Yea, I hears about that...

cartoon-thug-drawings-image-zbRw.jpg

Man! These dudes trip'n! Who ever I charge must have gotten a demotion. Cuz nobody wanna work THIS part of town.

2xZlwJX.jpg

Fah sho. Well, I ain't gonna hold y'all up. I gotta keep it moving. Yall be safe. 

LightFlare gives a fist pound to the young men, and heads down the street...

2xZlwJX.jpg

(Hmm...just like I thought....)

24 minutes ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

@Mister Fael @NijikakuFan61 @Tony Redgrave

01_mod01.jpg

Lightflare's Team went east to question the locals residents on the recent arrival of the "soldiers" in Slum Village...

01_mod01t.jpg

Looks like there are no guards in the immediate area. Let's spread out a bit and see what the locals know...

LightFlare approached a  group of young men. They were laughing and joking amongst themselves. Being an orphan in his early days, LightFlare knows the streets. He knew he had to communicate with them in their "language", or they won't trust him. LightFlare quickly tries to gain there trust...

2xZlwJX.jpg

Sup fellas? Can I "holla" at y'all a minute?

The young men looked and LightFlare and apprehensive at first, but one of them a answered...

2xZlwJX.jpg

I kinda new round here. It's all good, but these guards are all over the place. I mean, is this place on quarantine or what?!

2321265125_f9a137a20b.jpg

Heh... something like that. These dudes just showed up. Said they was here for "our protection". Kinda seems like a prison to me nowadays. It wasn't always like this, but a recent incident spooked them and they beefed up security. Used to be just a couple guards. But slowly the number increased. Them just earlier, something made them go into panic mode, homie.

2xZlwJX.jpg

Yea, I hears about that...

cartoon-thug-drawings-image-zbRw.jpg

Man! These dudes trip'n! Who ever I charge must have gotten a demotion. Cuz nobody wanna work THIS part of town.

2xZlwJX.jpg

Fah sho. Well, I ain't gonna hold y'all up. I gotta keep it moving. Yall be safe. 

LightFlare gives a fist pound to the young men, and heads down the street...

2xZlwJX.jpg

(Hmm...just like I thought....)

Kyosuke: ...was it really necessary to be using "gangsta lingo" just to make yourself sound cool? I mean, you were trying to blend in so they could trust you, but couldn't you just have done it in a more low-key way?

Track: Under the rotting pizza

Team 1

CdpPdSr.png

Ryuko: Say Etomo...what does "Fah Sho" means?

jVekFcV.png

Etomo: Don't know...don't wan't to know...Let's just keep going.

EzsxMz0.png

Ryuko: Okay...

Team 3

f4XF5Sm.png

Hinamori: ...

u0t4woQ.png

Yui: What's the matter?

tYXHecq.png

Hinamori: It's no use...The spirits are agitated with something...I can't get them to talk.

t3MjmSc.png

Yui: Agitated? Why?

HSHmzKU.png

Hinamori: I'm not sure...It wasn't like this outside the slums...Sorry...

3uLSyrv.png

Yui: Don't sweat it. Can you still find the others though?

f4XF5Sm.png

Hinamori: I'm able to feel Lancer from here.

2NKNNzg.png

Yui: Nice!

Team 2

iWzRJ6P.png

Hugh: Alright everyone, if we ever get into a fight here, the enemy will surely have the terrain advantage, as they surely know about every little entrance and exit, so if they ever start running, DON'T go after them or you will just get ambushed.

6ncpLIT.png

Ludger: Oh?

xsUSTrc.png

Hugh: As a guy who spent most of the time beating thugs, places like this are familiar territory.

1YPjR5B.png

Ludger: However, we are not here to stir any trouble, if we get a vague answer, let's just move to the next person.

OX3vhEj.png

Hugh: You're the boss Luds.

After walking a little, they reached the northwest area as they have planned.

zzvLMum.png

Agni: OK, this seems like a good place to ask around.

cbkVfbP.png

Mirfah: Tommy, DON'T ask the armored guys! They'll kill you.

ZNfDanu.png

Agni: You don't need to scare him. Although that isn't a lie...

J5ATjeG.png

Agni: Well then, let's go. We need to ask around as well.

7qwXzNk.png

Mirfah: Alright.

They went through different directions and asked the people around. Public opinion was important to define the movements of the rebels.

zzvLMum.png

Agni: *approaches a woman with a baby* Excuse me, miss. I was wondering how life was going and I wanted to know if things here are acceptable or not.

CxBOFel.png

Mirfah: *approaches a punk* Yo. Hey man, how are things going out for you? Do you like it or is it annoying as hell?

Audience Team (Seraph, Magnum and Elizabeth)

BGM: The Old City of Vigrid still playing

They eventually reached the corridor leading to the throne room.

6bfoLUt.png

Lize: Look at that big door right ahead! That must be the throne room, right?

oaxHOiu.png

Magnum: Yeah, definitely. I mean, it just screams "throne room" at you.

Ignoring Magnum and Elizabeth's childish excitement, Seraph walked over to Nemesis. He noticed her nervous expression, but decided to calm her down or at least he'd try to.

yInrSG5.png

Seraph: I leave the explanation to you once again. If you need backup, I'll speak.

Melina

BGM: Palace of the Insane still playing

JRDJdAH.png

Melina: I guess the dead will not mind if I break their sanctuary, would they?

With a knife, Melina broke the lock apart. It was really old, so it snapped the immediate moment she slashed it. When she opened the room, it was something of a dark sanctum. More as if it was some sort of sealed place.

B6v914L.png

Melina: Oh my, so the spirit who possessed Emilia was dangerous enough to be sealed in this room. Now, what object emitted that light?

She looked around, but nothing was that interesting. However, one thing came to her attention: the hole in the wall. Behind it, a red jewel stood there, gleaming at a pedestal.

3Gy2cus.png

Melina: (They sealed the spirit inside this ruby... or crimson jewel, in all case. But I can see there is a small crack inside it. It pointed directly towards this hole...)

g8aNoxJ.png

Melina: (... It was quick enough. I suppose it left through the crack...? But I need to confirm it.)

She removed the jewel. Something about it seemed different, but she couldn't point it out. Then, at another corner, she saw a note. Going there, she began reading it.

3Lp2ucC.png

Melina: "Inside this jewel lies the vengeful spirit of an angel. Banished from Heaven, he wished to spread judgement on humankind. Whether the person is sinful or not, its most deepest wish is to create a world free of sins. As sheeps that have lost the herder, it believes that humans are lost and cannot find its way to god. We have witnessed its appearance on a nun. We had to send her to eternal rest in order to free her from his possession."

3Gy2cus.png

Melina: "Before it could escape, we imprisoned the evil spirit inside this gem. From here, it shall never leave. However, we cannot guarantee that is failproof. A single crack is able to give freedom to this... monster. If it ends possessing someone else, there are three things that can be done to save it. 1: Kill the person who has succumbed to its possession. 2: Call upon a spiritmaster to remove it and, if possible, banish it. 3: Use a magatama. The moment it connects, it will absorb the spirit inside it."

Melina wasn't of doing good actions much, but it wouldn't hurt. After all, she needed to prove that, despite her story, she wasn't an enemy.

JRDJdAH.png

Melina: A magatama, it said? I doubt they would not have it prepared and just leave it as it is. I shall take this jewel with me and look for it.

She left the room and kept exploring. Now, it would take a time to find this item. She had to be quick, before the possessed Emilia could ever awake and attack her. If that happened, Melina wouldn't think twice to use option 1.

2 minutes ago, Agni Blackheart said:

After walking a little, they reached the northwest area as they have planned.

zzvLMum.png

Agni: OK, this seems like a good place to ask around.

cbkVfbP.png

Mirfah: Tommy, DON'T ask the armored guys! They'll kill you.

ZNfDanu.png

Agni: You don't need to scare him. Although that isn't a lie...

J5ATjeG.png

Agni: Well then, let's go. We need to ask around as well.

7qwXzNk.png

Mirfah: Alright.

They went through different directions and asked the people around. Public opinion was important to define the movements of the rebels.

zzvLMum.png

Agni: *approaches a woman with a baby* Excuse me, miss. I was wondering how life was going and I wanted to know if things here are acceptable or not.

CxBOFel.png

Mirfah: *approaches a punk* Yo. Hey man, how are things going out for you? Do you like it or is it annoying as hell?

Tommy approached a random person, thinking of a question he could ask him.

Tommy: Uh... excuse me, mister...

Tommy drew a blank and decided to ask the first question that came out of his mind.

Tommy: ...have I told you about our lord and saviour, Jesus Christ, yet?

Tommy turned over to Agni to look for approval.

Tommy: That's how I'm supposed to ask questions, right?

2 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

Tommy drew a blank and decided to ask the first question that came out of his mind.

Suddenly, Hinamori pushes Tommy away.

PF3yZYJ.png

Hinamori: Excuse my friend over here, he gets nervous around new people.

9btLX1W.png

Hinamori: What he meant to ask was what are your thoughts about the current situation of this place. Is it acceptable? Does it need to improve?

RS8tb2E.png

Yui: (Nice save Hina!)

QrO8LuD.png

Hinamori: (My heart is so accelerated right now...)

Team 1

Cu begins exploring the area around him and his team. As he searches, he runs into a male civilian.

ltFehN8.png

Excuse me. I'm a stranger around here. Would you happen to know anything about the guards surrounding the area? Have they been affecting any of the normal activities around here?

Team 2

JYnCQOF.png

Right, if they give us any trouble, let's not fall for any of their tricks. Hey, maybe we ought to prepare some of our own. Never hurts to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

2 hours ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

Kyosuke: ...was it really necessary to be using "gangsta lingo" just to make yourself sound cool? I mean, you were trying to blend in so they could trust you, but couldn't you just have done it in a more low-key way?

2xZlwJX.jpg

Only if it doesn't sound natural. I was an orphan for a bit, so I grew up on the streets before I got into martial arts.  But enough about me. Let get back to work...

@Agni Blackheart

shin__s_holding_the_baby_girl_by_shin_ch

I don't like how the soldiers are just parading around. We don't need protection. If protection means my baby will grow up surrounded by guns, then I don't need it. 

4caad1081724fe8f558ba81ff2cd6904--manga-

Dude, those soldiers look cool. I'm totally for having them around. I may even want to join them someday...

23 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

The random person ignored Tommy and kept walking...

24 minutes ago, Mister Fael said:

Suddenly, Hinamori pushes Tommy away.

PF3yZYJ.png

Hinamori: Excuse my friend over here, he gets nervous around new people.

9btLX1W.png

Hinamori: What he meant to ask was what are your thoughts about the current situation of this place. Is it acceptable? Does it need to improve?

RS8tb2E.png

Yui: (Nice save Hina!)

QrO8LuD.png

Hinamori: (My heart is so accelerated right now...)

The person explained that they were not sure why the soldiers showed up but they were glad they did. They felt like someone finally cared about Slum Village. 

28 minutes ago, Tony Redgrave said:

Team 1

Cu begins exploring the area around him and his team. As he searches, he runs into a male civilian.

ltFehN8.png

Excuse me. I'm a stranger around here. Would you happen to know anything about the guards surrounding the area? Have they been affecting any of the normal activities around here?

Team 2

JYnCQOF.png

Right, if they give us any trouble, let's not fall for any of their tricks. Hey, maybe we ought to prepare some of our own. Never hurts to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

The person pretended to ignore Lance and continues walking...

(A person near Agni's team was leaning against a building wall.  Seemingly observing them)

ezgif-1-e358c54769.png   

Ah.  More troublemakers?  No, more like newcomers.  Hehe, I hope they don't fall into a trap or two like the others.  They don't seem pathetic though, so i got my interest in this uncommon event.

23 hours ago, Darkflare said:

GSj1BsV.jpg

As the injured assassin is being laid down on the bed in the infirmary, he gently pulls the Mech-Hisui's sleeves and asks her again:

Kirimuri: "Please... Can I get a nice bowl of pasta with white cream sauce, mushrooms and chicken and then a massage after this?"

13 minutes ago, DuckMannnn said:

As the injured assassin is being laid down on the bed in the infirmary, he gently pulls the Mech-Hisui's sleeves and asks her again:

Kirimuri: "Please... Can I get a nice bowl of pasta with white cream sauce, mushrooms and chicken and then a massage after this?"

G79tLNC.jpg

"I would advise against pushing your luck given the circumstances."

6 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

G79tLNC.jpg

"I would advise against pushing your luck given the circumstances."

Kirimuri: *grumbles faintly* "Fine, I'll just rest here and then pass out..."

Ironically, he did become unconscious and then fell asleep again due to physical overexertion.