Mario (SSB Style) by This Boy released (07/20/2017)

gui0007

...Is it the really BiS/PiT looking Mario next to Bowser in the bottom row? Here's hoping this one really does something to separate it from the cluster of Marios in the same SSB-MLSS style.

Please no bubble shield, please no bubble shield...

After trying... He's not really SSB style at all. He's some sort of style that I guess is from a Dragon Ball fighter. Dial up combos everywhere... Also DBZ hitsounds. He can do a pretty good chunk of damage off of one combo, hyper or no hyper. And he's got quite a few hypers, some based on his Smash moveset... This was much better than I expected, thanks a whole lot. And thankfully no bubble blocking...

- No readme. What is it with authors not taking the time to create a readme before releasing a character these days?

- Infinites. A ridiculous amount of infinites!

- Priorities, and lots of them. Holy hell, those collision and hitboxes...

- Although the author considered Mario to be SSB style, it plays nothing like it.

- No required palettes to be mapped, which creates debug flood.

- Missing required sprites.

- Most of Mario's hypers give back power.

- Mario has no clsn during his whirlwind hyper.

- DBZ sounds? Why?

It's not one of the worst Marios I've seen, but it still needs a lot of effort to be put into to be quite honest...

1 hour ago, ᵈᶤᶻᶻʸᵐᵒᵒᵍᵉᶰ™ said:

- No readme. What is it with authors not taking the time to create a readme before releasing a character these days?

Asking myself about that a time ago too.

I wanted to bring up the no readme thing too, but I guess I'm too used to that. That Super Mario Tornado is a bit messed up aside from Mario apparently being unhittable during it, if one part during the initial spin hits, it just knocks enemies clear cross the screen without hitting with the rest of the hits.

Surprised he didn't bring up that his sweep kick doesn't count as a low hitting attack, too... And no grab is a tiny bit disappointing... Aside, I have no clue how this Mario can be called "terrible" in any way. Just " somewhat flawed".

1 hour ago, Pluscross said:

Aside, I have no clue how this Mario can be called "terrible" in any way. Just " somewhat flawed".

4 hours ago, ᵈᶤᶻᶻʸᵐᵒᵒᵍᵉᶰ™ said:

- Infinites. A ridiculous amount of infinites!

- Priorities, and lots of them. Holy hell, those collision and hitboxes...

- Although the author considered Mario to be SSB style, it plays nothing like it.

- No required palettes to be mapped, which creates debug flood.

- Missing required sprites.

- Most of Mario's hypers give back power.

- Mario has no clsn during his whirlwind hyper.

- DBZ sounds? Why?

That's how you can call it terrible.