Artoria Alter

[PC/PS4/Xbone]Dragon Ball Fighters - Arcsys DBZ Fighter

24 posts in this topic

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/arc-system-works-developed-dragon-ball-fighters-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Quote

Bandai Namco has announced Dragon Ball Fighters, a new 2.5D fighting game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC developed by Arc System Works and due out worldwide in early 2018.

The game uses a three-versus-three team battle system, allowing players to determine the compatibility between characters and form a team of fighters. It will incorporate the “ultra high speed battles” and “flashy special moves” that the Dragon Ball series is known for.

According to producer Tomoko Hiroki, while Dragon Ball titles of recent years have been 3D, they chose 2.5D this time because there were some things that can only be done in that style. While it looks like 2D animation at first glance, it has a broader range of expression as they can shift camera angles and incorporate a lot of unique production not possible in 2D alone.

It should be noted that the press release for this announcement is dated June 12, meaning that Bandai Namco accidentally shared this information ahead of its official reveal. A backup of the press release is available here. The official Japanese website will be available here when the game is officially announced.

fVlS5ih3.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, was about to post this. HELL YEAH!!! Finally the return of competitive TRUE FIGHTING GENRE game of Dragon Ball!!! I love how they chose 2.5D style, meaning the gameplay system is like Mortal Kombat, Injustice and Street Fighter (Budokai and Burst Limit are still 3D game, the move like Tekken). So a 3 vs 3, maybe it will be a lot like Marvel vs Capcom! Either way I'm hype as fuck now. And since this is 2.5D style, Maximillion Dood will probably play this game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol I'm gonna do the "me and my 2 dads team" with Gohan, Goku and Piccolo it'll probably play like Guilty Gear rev 2 if that's the case.....chain combos for days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Egnaro said:

Wait so does this mean it will play like that 3ds game?

Nope, that 3ds game is a bit slower. This one will play like Guilty Gear XRD mostly, with a bit of Marvel vs Capcom style because of 3 vs 3 battle. You can read the game description as it say "ultra high speed battles". Basically, this one will play like a true traditional fighting game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously it will look like Guilty Gear, it was made by the same team. Not that surprised. I hope they added Movie, GT, and DB characters as well. This is the kind of game that we can enjoy all Dragon Ball franchise characters equally! At the hand of pro, hell even Yamcha will be cool in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Infinite Kyo said:

GT is dead lol Super has a good chance since Golden frieza was in the trailer and all I just wanna play as Goku Black

Oh c'mon, we don't need that kind of conversation anymore. We all can agree GT is really bad however GT was never dead in terms of CHARACTER. Again this is video game, GT characters are always welcome in it. Up until now majority of fans was so disappointed that DIMPS for some reason didn't add Baby Vegeta in Xenoverse series. They just skip him completely while adding Super 17 and Omega Shenron. What funny is, Baby Vegeta is the only arc in GT that many fans considered worth watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect 20-25 characters (with some clones possible)being in with maybe a couple of dlc characters from super or something.

 

Also Android 17 or bust....  They always add 18 and shaft 17.... Hell I would even take 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Krypto 'SAM' saiyaN said:

Oh c'mon, we don't need that kind of conversation anymore. We all can agree GT is really bad however GT was never dead in terms of CHARACTER. Again this is video game, GT characters are always welcome in it. Up until now majority of fans was so disappointed that DIMPS for some reason didn't add Baby Vegeta in Xenoverse series. They just skip him completely while adding Super 17 and Omega Shenron. What funny is, Baby Vegeta is the only arc in GT that many fans considered worth watching.

I just don't see them putting GT characters in its more likely they will put Super characters in because its still going, popular and relevant atm even if they do put GT characters in its probably just gonna be ssj4 goku and vegeta maybe Gogeta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Infinite Kyo said:

I just don't see them putting GT characters in its more likely they will put Super characters in because its still going, popular and relevant atm even if they do put GT characters in its probably just gonna be ssj4 goku and vegeta maybe Gogeta

Well like I said, this is video game. GT only sucks for the story, but not the character. Majority of fans always welcome GT characters in a game. Obviously they will not add all of it, just an important one, like you said SS4 Goku. That goes for Super as well, is not like they gonna add all new characters from Super. Although for win win situation, I can see that they can add GT characters via DLC. I also want the original DB characters too. The likes of King Piccolo, Tambourine and Devilman should get the love they deserve after Tenkaichi 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Krypto 'SAM' saiyaN said:

Well like I said, this is video game. GT only sucks for the story, but not the character. Majority of fans always welcome GT characters in a game. Obviously they will not add all of it, just an important one, like you said SS4 Goku. That goes for Super as well, is not like they gonna add all new characters from Super. Although for win win situation, I can see that they can add GT characters via DLC. I also want the original DB characters too. The likes of King Piccolo, Tambourine and Devilman should get the love they deserve after Tenkaichi 3.

I haven't seen Arcsystem do dlc in forever lol its just adding characters into later versions of the game like Baiken and Answer in GG REV 2 and I hope to god they don't do that here which they probably wont....I just want Hit, Black and maybe Zamasu too also as for the movie/special characters I'm calling Broly and Bardock lol don't know about the others but Janemba would be lit to play as

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gamescom Trailer revealed the gameplay of Android 16 and Android 18 (with Android 17 as her assist) as well an ORIGINAL STORY MODE confirm!

 

The gameplay trailer of Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta (I wish we get the Whis outfit though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SSGB: Goku might be like Goku's polar opposite like how Naoto is the opposite of Ragna in BlazBlue CF, with hard-to-input commands in exchange for rewarding damage output

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now