(Decadent) Stadium . . . from Gundam Battle Assault

VidGmr1996

(Decadent) Stadium . . . from Gundam Battle Assault

I was looking for screenshots of the source game for this background, and soon found out that Cenobite53 made the stage several years ago. But whatever, the more the merrier, I guess?

Here's the Stadium stage from Gundam Battle Assault (images belong to Hardcore Gaming 101 and JEUXVIDEO.COM respectively):

THOMTrN.png0NLqGIa.jpg

Converted and edited into M.U.G.E.N., with Super Jump compatibility!

[CHARS USED IN SCREENCAPS: Kusanagi by Ikaruga and Ultimate K9999 by lucas 9999 (you can actually find this character on the Guild!)]

JiO9khs.pngr0aBh8c.png2DzUX1k.pngSnQ33O4.pngmKffFVa.png

Here it is in its glory, as I was in a bit of an Akira mood (SNK fans will get this from the screenshots of course, hahaha!). And yes, for those of you aware of the names of stages, it was originally called 'Stadium', but I renamed it as 'Decadent Stadium' to help make it stand out (especially if you have another stage already called that!).

The video, as always. Two actually. You're lucky to have them (I think). I know Syo's in one of them rather than Kusanagi, but his AI kinda balanced out Ultimate K9999's own (and so did True K'):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPL9yI_5_U[/youtube] [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBYP9O0OoTg[/youtube]

There's at least six different variations of this stage (including the WinM.U.G.E.N./M.U.G.E.N. 1.1B1 versions). I included the 'Original' variation (the WinM.U.G.E.N. compatible one) of the stage is the one showcased in the above screenshots. There's also two different themes for the stage, one that's 'traditional', and the other one that's more 'atmospheric' (think KOF '97).

As an extra tidbit nobody will care about, certain versions of the stage have down-scaled sprites from the Modern Era stage (from World Heroes Perfect) I made a while back.

The second extra tidbit and the shortest of them all: If the stages are played in WinM.U.G.E.N., the character's shadows will have a teal tinge to them.

Third extra tidbit: I do have two unreleased variations of this stage, which I attempted to use parallax coding for the floor. Outcome came out fine, but still not the way I wanted it. Let me know if you guys want it, I'll upload an updated release with them included (and possibly 'fixed-up' as well).

Special thanks to:

• Natsume for creating the stage
  • Elecbyte for creating M.U.G.E.N.
  • VirtualTek for Fighter Factory
  • Richard Lockard for his parallax code for the background, which I used for the sky
  • NeoGouki for foreground sprite (which I edited)
  • RYO2005 for static screen sprites (which I edited); and the small crowds & bus graphics (which I edited)
  • Naofumi Hataya or Tatsuyuki Maeda for Cursed City theme from Golden Axe III (one of those guys composed it, don't know who!)
  • Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan for Jewel of Light and Couple tracks from Fatal Fury 3 and KOF'97, respectively
  • Maxim for ripping Stadium sprites
  • VidGmr1996 for....oh shoot.

Alright, I know you want that stage, though. Here's the links:

mediafire.com

mega.nz

<Mod edit: Blacklisted link removed>

----
*Comes with two loopable music (if you didn't want to read the recommendation essay I have up there).
----
*Comes with six versions (read the first asterisk comment).

---

**EDIT AS OF 3/11/2017: FIXED THE MUGENARCHIVE LINK. MY BAD.