mugenarchive needs help

Jirobou

oh really MFG a ghost town within the few months?  no purpose? lol it seems you never visit there many times... its been alive as hell everyday we receive news on the project thread how far they did go on their work since guild members and some several leechers care about char quality and there's does exist? thread since several people ask for this XXX char and where to find them.. 

about chucho well you know his works always half assed yet he completed only once about the sprite issue well he stole stole some of those sprites without the permission like he did to asuka well i cant count how many times he did this one of the reasons one of the sprite maker went to hiatus or quit without asking the spriter permission basically he stole those sprites which is incomplete then he just adding it when its done he didn't credit the guy who made that sprite which is a total disrespect for sprite maker  and most of the people in guild cared the quality not quantity expect harsh review and several of it became helpful since it happens to other users who got harsh review of their work and they make a good work it they receive good criticism from them  but chucho he didn't listen any of those thats why his work is bad

honestly about the mods i have no issues with them maybe only you has issue and besides they judge how low/bad did you do since they have a thread how big/small punishment 

about DBZ again ofc they want it to be good not worse since Balthazar is the guy making the sprites you cant rush him for that BS reason yea sure EB sprites were good yet they stiff so several sprites so the sprite make decided to add  sprites that fits to them whats missing  to make it a very much better work to anyone willing to do since not all DBZ char makers are good since several works are bad/terrible creations til now 

why hating that guild that much? (aside MFG is my 2nd home when MI died then MFFA is my official 3rd place to stay i only comment at guild when its needed or releasing my works)

the main reason i dislike guild is because they forgot all they used to stand for

they used to focus on the game, they used to dismiss drama, and look at them now they're a bunch of old drama whores who no longer care about playing

the staff is made of bitter old lowlifes, the base member is only good at quarreling and picking fights

I say it's a matter of months before their site turns into a ghost town, they're just a useless forum anyway, they have nothing relevant anymore

mffa, mmv or ma are much better communities where you can actually enjoy a discussion without having to shake off a bunch of thugs

4 hours ago, Jirobou said:

the main reason i dislike guild is because they forgot all they used to stand for

they used to focus on the game, they used to dismiss drama, and look at them now they're a bunch of old drama whores who no longer care about playing

the staff is made of bitter old lowlifes, the base member is only good at quarreling and picking fights

I say it's a matter of months before their site turns into a ghost town, they're just a useless forum anyway, they have nothing relevant anymore

mffa, mmv or ma are much better communities where you can actually enjoy a discussion without having to shake off a bunch of thugs

There are plenty of members over there who care about playing the game. Sure they have off-topic threads, but so do most forums. Is that such a crime? I've been there for years and the most controversial topics that end up in drama are in the off-topic sections. I think you're focusing on a few cases and not the bigger picture. Furthermore, it's natural for people to criticize the things they enjoy. For example, I have a standard of character that I used to make and always tried to make that standard higher. There are a lot of creators who have standards much lower than mine and I'd expect the same as mine or better. So then let's say a character is released that I was really looking forward to, but then the quality suffered greatly, I'm liable to be saying something about it and helping them to improve. It might not sound nice to the reader, but it's just criticism. As for drama, you can't avoid it. It's everywhere, even here. In all my time being an admin here I've seen my fair share of drama here. Some behind closed doors and some in the public. If drama bothers you, simply don't partake in it. Take a break because making false claims about other forums won't get you very far. You're allowed to have your opinion, but you're pretty much spouting it like you know it's fact.

Just now, Jirobou said:

Guild is still reliable and will still stay alive if they don't then we will lose a lot of creations there same with every forum 

The promise of stuff being protected from 404 isn't trustworthy anymore ever since the new admin has been appointed. Characters they dont have may get deleted just because they arent "CvS enough" or whatever personal reason. Many things now are ONLY available at MFFA because of Galvatron and Ryoucchi.

Almost everything is thrown into a SNK or Capcom section. Stuff from Metal Slug and Resident Evil aren't even in the Video Games section anymore. It's really ridiculous, stuff is hard to find because of a CvS fanatic.

The new admin "has a passion for editing other people's posts". Almost anything posted may be moved to the wrong section, retitled, or mislabeled. Tarzan in Marvel, Swamp Thing called a Marvel character, etc.

You can get permanently warned for posting obscenity over something like this =

I just posted this up

As "Vendetta 2".

It was immediately changed to just "Alley" and had all the stats that are under Coments deleted.

Now it's just been deleted.

<Mod edit: Blacklisted link removed>

He also deleted this character because it "wasnt CvS enough". Thats the only reason.

Also bullied DarkSide Joe to the point of quitting mugen.

44 minutes ago, Алексей said:

That's insanely ironic, lol.

Im not trying to cause any drama. I love the site, or did. I think a archive site is a great idea, and IMO Dizzy is a cool ass mod, shes great. But if theyre going to let things get deleted for any other reason than because you already have it, then, someone should preserve the stuff. Just so some things dont get lost. Someone may come along and fix them. Ive come across SO much stuff thats 404 and its annoying as shit. Like a MvC2 Tag Freeza Z2, and most of Infinite's old stuff. It took forever to find the old inifnite and betossj4 stuff.

But if theyre going to let someone just turn the site into a giant selective site cut into Capcom and SNK sections, and treat members and their posts any way they wish, then...IDK. Shit, you and the other mods dont modify and edit everyone's posts because you feel like it. And you guys just dont delete shit if you dont like it.

All Im trying to say is if something is lost on MA, someone should have it archived either here or any other site. Like Mugeno.

9 hours ago, Mʀ. Sтᴇαl-Yoᴜя-Wαεfυ said:

Im not trying to cause any drama. I love the site, or did. I think a archive site is a great idea, and IMO Dizzy is a cool ass mod, shes great. But if theyre going to let things get deleted for any other reason than because you already have it, then, someone should preserve the stuff. Just so some things dont get lost. Someone may come along and fix them. Ive come across SO much stuff thats 404 and its annoying as shit. Like a MvC2 Tag Freeza Z2, and most of Infinite's old stuff. It took forever to find the old inifnite and betossj4 stuff.

But if theyre going to let someone just turn the site into a giant selective site cut into Capcom and SNK sections, and treat members and their posts any way they wish, then...IDK. Shit, you and the other mods dont modify and edit everyone's posts because you feel like it. And you guys just dont delete shit if you dont like it.

All Im trying to say is if something is lost on MA, someone should have it archived either here or any other site. Like Mugeno.

I understand completely.

^ because it's the display name in mugen?

anyway people are too harsh with MA, it's a great site and it gets even better

they had another upgrade recently, now they generate automatic previews of stages, animated previews and portraits of chars

and even the move list is generated now, this is amazing :D

if I am to choose between the guild and the archive, not even a contest to me, guild has nothing relevant anymore, and it is in my opinion the less friendly of all mugen sites

archive has almost everything I will ever need for this hobby of mine, all it lacks is a more active news forum

indeed  not even a quarter of it perhaps since people goes to MA for char dling reasons even thou they hate le adfly to the core

unlike in guild since they have many threads so people can post mugen/non-mugen content and we have everything we need including the tutorials one of them teach me how to make my own stages the way i liked and see many promising on the project thread

I've just looked at their respective activity streams

guild 4 entries in the last hour

archive 22 entries in the last hour

so wtf are you talking about?

archive is the most visited and most active mugen site

*edit

and also interesting to note

guild 42 members online in the last 20min

archive 84 members online at the moment

GUILD REKT IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY

and btw friends this here is the real reason why guild started a war against the archive

the bullshit stories about adfly virus that they never backed up with an online scan were just a cover

truth is, they are fucking butthurt cause they lost the crown, they acted as if their rectum was stuffed with burning lava

I've just looked at their respective activity streams

guild 4 entries in the last hour

archive 22 entries in the last hour

so wtf are you talking about?

archive is the most visited and most active mugen site

*edit

and also interesting to note

guild 42 members online in the last 20min

archive 84 members online at the moment

GUILD REKT IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY

as i said they 3/4 of those active users are most likely to get characters

yea sure many members online yet.... i cant say....

guild cared about quality while MA is quantity even how bad/terribly made yet get blind praises (similar to vol's forum)

and btw friends this here is the real reason why guild started a war against the archive

the bullshit stories about adfly virus that they never backed up with an online scan were just a cover

truth is, they are fucking butthurt cause they lost the crown, they acted as if their rectum was stuffed with burning lava

you cant be serious right? 

actually it all started when flowrillik got kicked asking about that adfly issue (flow doesn't like adfly as we do since we use adblock) since most of the people dont like adfly as hell and yes i got a malware long ago that forced me to reformat the computer 

as i said in the previous post why making money of someone else work they dont own (as i contributor i never ask to pay my stuffs and i found it a dick move to my fellow contributors) even they store it yea sure the spriters commissioned their sprites for money but the author decided to release it for free for example MR.KarateJKA's Kairi and Seanatly's Jin Kazama has been sprited by 1 person CVSNB the abstract  those authors pay for that sprite as the payer they can decide release in private or public yet decide to made in public in other works its free so people can do anything for those sprites if they add something on their own thats was their decision as long they credited the spriter

what kind of werehousing is that for fuck sake i never experience those shit even in my early days at mugen 

the authors/creators didn't ask for payment since M.U.G.E.N is god damn Freeware for god sake

dont say anything BS that they need money to keep their so called warehouse alive

the moment he/she create the forum he/she should pay it without forcing them

some of the forums such as this can accept donation if they want to keep the forum alive with out forcing them by using that adfly 

I think you look at it the wrong way

archive makes money, not for the sake of making money, but to survive

we've talked about it many times, there is no such thing as a MASSIVE hosting plan where money is not involved

because at the end of the day someone has to pay the server fees, and dedicated servers plans are too expensive for a single individual to pay from his spare money

about donations, that might work for small hosting plans but massive hosting plan? I doubt there would be enough money donated, and it's the site survival which is at stake

i think many authors don't care about ads, after all they post their stuff on 4shared and co. all the time and these sites are full of popup ads which are much worse than adfly

don't get fooled by this bullshit adfly cover story, the truth is guild ops can't deal with the fact archive took the crown

they want you to believe adfly is bad, although they will never be able to post the scan of an infected adfly page, simply cause they completely made up this story to make you stop visiting a rival site, stop being so easily fooled by guild, they just try to manipulate their users cause they think they're dumb enough to believe their bullshit blindly

If they need money to survive why not... I don't know find a job? Seems like they're just getting money for other people's work, that's not an excuse to defend them and what they're doing. You're pretty much just spouting nonsense.