mugenarchive needs help

Jirobou

2 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

who's going to pay the archive server fees? the owner? what if he can't pay because it is too expensive? who's going to pay the fucking bill mate? YOU?

and how do you know download accelerators are bullshit, you have access to their logs?

lot of people nowadays use download accelerators, so I don't see why you think it's bullshit

Learn the difference between an archive and an index

An archive hosts the content

ucoz = 99% dead links lmao

wikia = nothing hosted and a mess beyond repair

guild database = 80% dead links + link to billions or obscure japanese webshit sites where you struggle for hours to find a download link that doesn't exist

guild is the worst of all, can't be bothered to use it anymore because of how outdated it is and how much a waste of everyones time it is

I run two anti virus, they didn't find anything on my computer for over five years, why? because I'm ain't stupid I don't browse shit sites or download webshit programs

yet mediafire ads still freeze or crash my browser guaranteed, EVERY freaking time

First off, calm the down "mate". Am I going "pay the fucking bill?" No. Because I couldn't give two shits what happens to mugenarchive. I didn't say download accelerators are bullshit, I said the idea that so many people were using them they had to restrict the downloads to specific tiny special group of people was bullshit. As for the logs argument, I can say the same to you. How do you know people were using download accelerators? Do YOU have access to their logs?

You say you keep yourself well protected yet your the only one having these "freeze ads" on Mediafire. (Which you keep avoiding when brought up I see)

I kind of expected you couldn't give two shit about archive, because all people who criticize archive ads while using mediafire all have an agenda and want archive dead, which is why I said many times it's plain hypocrisy

and no i don't have their logs but I would assume download accelerators are pretty common

and no they don't "restrict to specific tiny special groups", why do you make up bullshit? typical LIAR

unregistered can download up to 10mega

and registered users can download beyond

all it takes to register is a free email address, talk about mission impossible

unless you got banned, but that would be entirely your fault

nexusmods also makes downloads above 2meg only for registered users and I haven't heard that much complain

fact is if you don't do that there will always be some assholes who will try to leech all your site overnight with some script, not caring if they ruin the site

59 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

I kind of expected you couldn't give two shit about archive, because all people who criticize archive ads while using mediafire all have an agenda and want archive dead, which is why I said many times it's plain hypocrisy

and no i don't have their logs but I would assume download accelerators are pretty common

and no they don't "restrict to specific tiny special groups", why do you make up bullshit? typical LIAR

unregistered can download up to 10mega

and registered users can download beyond

all it takes to register is a free email address, talk about mission impossible

unless you got banned, but that would be entirely your fault

nexusmods also makes downloads above 2meg only for registered users and I haven't heard that much complain

fact is if you don't do that there will always be some assholes who will try to leech all your site overnight with some script, not caring if they ruin the site

I'm a liar and I have an agenda to kill archive? :meme1:

Either your a Mugen Archive team member in disguise or your a special snowflake who takes people disagreeing with your opinion/being proven wrong as a personal attack. Either way, please keep it civil and not act like a 10 year old k? Its Christmas after all! :awesome

As for Nexus mods I can't agree nor disagree because for the most part I'm a console gamer so I don't use the site at all.

I don't really want mugen archive to die I want it to improve and that's what everyone who criticize it wants, but they're not improving they're just simply putting more strict rules on downloading a simple file for a game, and again it's not hypocrisy to us because we don't have any issues with MediaFire at all but we have issues with AdFly 

8 minutes ago, DJSLASH571 said:

I'm a liar and I have an agenda to kill archive? :meme1:

Either your a Mugen Archive team member in disguise or your a special snowflake who takes people disagreeing with your opinion/being proven wrong as a personal attack. Either way, please keep it civil and not act like a 10 year old k? Its Christmas after all! :awesome

As for Nexus mods I can't agree nor disagree because for the most part I'm a console gamer so I don't use the site at all.

enough with the sidestepping

if you're not a liar, explain how the downloads are "restricted to specific tiny special groups"

don't try to disguise plain lies as an opinion, LIAR

5 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

enough with the sidestepping

if you're not a liar, explain how the downloads are "restricted to specific tiny special groups"

don't try to disguise plain lies as an opinion, LIAR

Your really gonna accuse me of sidestepping when you repetitively ignore the request to prove your claims about Mediafire? 

Saying the Guild is as good as dead is delusional; it's still by far the most popular MUGEN website.

Not to go off-topic in a thread that barely stuck to its original topic for half a page, but as an admin of the MUGEN Database, I'm intrigued to know why you feel the wiki is beyond repair, via PM if you'd prefer.

I have already explained that while trying to make a video, the capture crashed at the exact moment when the browser freezes

I suspect mediafire to use some kind of cpu bottleneck exploit to bypass adfly, and that kills any cpu intensive process

so if you have any suggestion on how I can prove it let me know

5 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

Saying the Guild is as good as dead is delusional; it's still by far the most popular MUGEN website.

Not to go off-topic in a thread that barely stuck to its original topic for half a page, but as an admin of the MUGEN Database, I'm intrigued to know why you feel the wiki is beyond repair, via PM if you'd prefer.

nope mugenarchive is the most visited mugen site, ahead of the guild

wikia problem? lack of encyclopedic writing skill (most pages seem to be written by a 10yo) and lack of any real standard across pages

7 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

I have already explained that while trying to make a video, the capture crashed at the exact moment when my browser is frozen

I suspect mediafire to use some kind of cpu bottleneck exploit to bypass adfly, and that kills any cpu intensive process

I'm not really sure what you mean by using a bottleneck to bypass adlfy? All Mediafire would need to block adfly is a URL Blocker. Eitherway, Mediafire will display the ads even if a user accesses the file via an Adfly redirect so some kind of Adfly blocker would be meaningless. Either way, no. As I and others have previously said, we've had no performance issues so it seems like an issue on your end.

6 minutes ago, Jirobou said:

nope mugenarchive is the most visited mugen site, ahead of the guild

Again, evidence? 

On 12/24/2016 at 6:06 PM, DJSLASH571 said:

Again, evidence? 

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/mugenguild.com

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/ <Mod edit: Blacklisted URL removed>

On 12/24/2016 at 5:51 PM, Jirobou said:

wikia problem? lack of encyclopedic writing skill (most pages seem to be written by a 10yo) and lack of any real standard across pages

You haven't been there for a while, have you?

On 12/24/2016 at 6:00 PM, Jirobou said:

It is dying

nowhere as active as it used to be

Interest in MUGEN is dying as a whole; the effect of this applies to all MUGEN websites.

On 12/24/2016 at 6:00 PM, Jirobou said:

it keeps loosing members to ma/mffa/mmv which are way more appealing because you don't have to deal with the old farts ass punks

Lol, are you Jason Bourne?

Just now, Jirobou said:

I have already explained that while trying to make a video, the capture crashed at the exact moment when the browser freezes

Um just because you say it doesn't make it true.

16 minutes ago, Starmie said:

Um just because you say it doesn't make it true.

that's entirely correct but how can I prove it if the video capture crashes?

if you know any other way to prove it let me know

and btw did you try with firefox? because that's what i use, firefox + adblock plus

i haven't tested with chrome

I really doubt the video helps anything but here is it

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6yd83m

once firefox starts loading the ad (which popups in a new tab) it crashes and the recording stops at the same moment

it can't be a coincidence that the recording crashes at the same time so I believe mediafire uses a cpu bottleneck exploit, possibly to bypass adblock, else it is the ad being loaded which contains some malware

adblock plus can't stop the popup either

I did try but it doesn't help on firefox, I actually get more popups with right clicks, and same crash freeze crap

I see that you use chrome, and the problem may only occur on firefox, which would be why you don't experience it

I avoid chrome because it's a giant spyware, I only use it when firefox totally fails

21 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

My point still stands. Guild is far from dead.

I give them a few months before they end like trinitymugen

guild is nothing special, nothing useful, just an overstretched bland forum full of rude ass punks

all they had was their database, but it was flawed and doomed to end as an index of dead links

ah! and hyper dbz a collection of a handful of dbz chars, meanwhile there are bazillons of extreme butoden chars being made with much better sprites

so nobody gives two shit about hyper dbz anymore, nobody gives two shit about guild either

let these old lowlife ass punks rot

1 hour ago, Jirobou said:

guild is nothing special, nothing useful, just an overstretched bland forum full of rude ass punks

all they had was their database, but it was flawed and doomed to end as an index of dead links

ah! and hyper dbz a collection of a handful of dbz chars, meanwhile there are bazillons of extreme butoden chars being made with much better sprites

so nobody gives two shit about hyper dbz anymore, nobody gives two shit about guild either

Lol, wooow. You are delusional if you truly believe that. Just because you don't like that doesn't mean they're going to crash and burn. It's a thriving forum that will keep going on for as long as mugen exists I'm sure. Also, we have a unspoken rule about forum bashing, so keep it to a minimum please. 

9 hours ago, Jirobou said:

Really?!

I loled a few months? you cant be serious about that bro  MFG is very far from dying unlike other one is a brink of collapsing 

guild is nothing special, nothing  useful and bland forum? humor me kid im been in the guild more than 6yrs (well if you act like a shit in guild ofc they act a little bit aggressive yet they have tolerant to rude imbeciles like you lol)

i wont gonna lie the database is outdated before several official sites went down on the japanese sites

Dont you ever compare hyper DBZ to those several failed products bazillions is that a really a number? im telling you some of them are worth of DBZ characters maker is worth to mention like Choujin several people cared about that  project unlike those incomplete/cheap/op shit works they making a god damn balance unlike those craps you imbecile

how lowlife maybe you dude atleast in guild they accept donations they not forcing them unlike the other site needs a malicious adfly to make cash out of em yet for god damn you cant make cash on the other people works they didn't make MUGEN is a god damn Freeware not for cash making content.

i'm totally serious, guild will be a ghost town within the next months

they serve no purpose anymore, they are useless and only good at making drama nowadays, they no longer care about playing the game

people who are into mugen to play the game don't give two shit about guild nowaday, guild is now only visited by the old farts who's sole distraction is to pick up fights or watch drama, they will eventually get bored and guild will be dead

and no they're not cool people, at all, you can tell by how they always pick fights with chuchoryu

chuchoryu is one of the nicest guy I've met in mugen, completely selfless and only thinking about giving his talent to the community, and they keep harassing him with shit whining like "you stole sprite" "you not get permission" "your chars suck" *FACEPALM*, they hate him because they hate MMV and MA, because these sites are much better, they can't deal with the fact they're now a useless dying forum

and the mods on guild are the absolute worst, self righteous asshats who believe everything they say is true even when they talk utter shit, if you disagree they'll ban you like little dictators arseholes, they don't get they're nothing but a bunch of little nerds and nobodys whose sole "power" in life is to harass people on a useless dying forum no one cares about anymore

maybe hyper dbz wouldn't be shit if they released more than one new  char every decade lmao

nodoby cares about that crap when much better stuff is being made every day with the much superior extreme butoden sprites