~ Submit Your Article for Publishing Here

RobotMonkeyHead

The Fawn ~ Member Articles

:xeeeyt:

This thread is here for you to write articles and have them published in The Fawn.  
You can submit pretty much anything you want, there aren't any hard fast rules or formats. 
We just ask that you provide a title for your work, and give credit where it's due.  If you're
into it, but still looking for ideas for what to write, here's a list list of random suggestions:

~ Character Review ~

Pick your favorite Mugen character, and write a review of them!  How do they play, what do you like about them, what strategies do you use against various opponent types, any bugs glitches, fair / unfair, who coded them, anything else you'd like to see added?

~ Stage / Life Bars / WIP / etc Review -

Same as the character review, just apply it to whatever other content you like.

~ Release Article ~

If you're planning a release soon, you could write up a release article to go with it and submit it

on the Content Submissions board.

~ Coding Tip ~

If you've found some nice work around, or an elegant way to code a particular feature, or if you

just have some bit of coding you find particularly useful, we would love to see it.

~ Funnies ~

Found some funny ass gifs?  There is a funnies submission thread just for this. 

Post them there, and see if they get in. 

~ Strategy Guide ~ 

You could make a strategy guide for a certain character, or a certain group of characters.  e.g.  Batman by Alucard,  Metal Slug vs Normal Sized Chars, Zoners vs Grapplers etc.  

~ Text Interviews ~

Feel like interviewing your favorite creator?  Hassle them ruthlessly until they agree, then change their words around and compile what you wanted them to say into an interview and submit it to the news staff for publishing lol!

~ Video Interviews ~ 

Yup, those are possible too.

~ Discussion Article ~ 

Some types of threads are better broadcast than others, so try to be tasteful here.  But something like a fantasy role play thread where you might want to draw attention might be worth writing up a short article about with a link included.

~ Series -

Consider becoming a regular contributor, either periodically or over the course of a planned series of weekly contributions.  For examples, a 4 week series of strategy guides for characters in a single game, or a series of comics your made, or a regular column.

~New Ideas -

Let us know if you have an idea for a new suggestion to add to this list!

• 5 months later...

DEMO ARTICLE SUBMISSION

AN INTERVIEW WITH POORBASTARD

by RobotMonkeyHead

RMH ~  So Poorbastard you've been into mugen for how long now?

PoorBastard ~  Let's see I got into mugen about 134 years ago, I think.

RMH ~  Wow that's so interesting, well I guess this concludes our interview, bye!

PoorBastard ~ But wait, what?

RMH ~  I was just asking you some random nonsense question to demo an article in a far away place called reality. 

PoorBastard ~ Reality?  What the fuck is that?  Is that like a website or something?

RMH ~  Yes it's a website.  One where you have to get up and go to work every day.

PoorBastard ~ Damn, that sounds shitty. 

RMH ~  Yea 3d roaming open world.  Limited gameplay, but you choose the storyline.  So what kind of stuff do you make for mugen?

PoorBastard ~ Oh you know, basic shit, like using the 60 available variables to map coordinates in 3d space to produce wire frames that I map textures onto using angled and scaled explods.

RMH ~  Ooo...k sounds fun?  Sounds like you've been upping your trig game since last time we spoke

PoorBastard ~ Yea well you know, just condensed the math down to a basic rotation sub-routine that a helper modifies on the fly, x = sin y * cos z.   y = cos z * sin x bla bla bla bla

RMH ~  Oh my, that's lovely.  Let's be done here.  Again.  Bye. 

PoorBastard ~ K.  Later on.  Have fun in 'reality'.

RMH ~  Yea, thanks.  Have fun never knowing what a job is.

PoorBastard ~ True story.  Peace.

~ END OF DEMO ~