RobotMonkeyHæd

[ NEW SITE FEATURES ]

lol glad to hear everything's working for you guys!  Excellent.

Garchomp, sorry, that button opens up too many security issues.  It supports people adding html into their actual posts. 
I'm not about to give up tho, not until every possibility is exhausted.

I have one or two more ideas for potential work arounds for you, but I'm going to have to wait until the odd hours of the morning to test them out, so I disturb as few people as possible :)

myself and alexei previous opt-ed out of users being able to post with HTML.

we left it reserve for Admins only.

normal members don't need to do that.

Mods or Gmods sure maybe but normal people don't need HTML.

I wanted it more for the ability to modify posts through plain text, seeing as the WYSIWYG editor lags like crazy when I edit the BGM Loops Master List. When it was first enabled, I was kinda expecting it to look more like vBulletin's text editor, where the tags reverted back to their original BBCode form.

Being a web developer, BBCode is the closest to an extraction of user-friendly html you can get. I miss it so. :P It's true though, I don't want users to be able to post custom html and/or css. Remember those pages that were messed up randomly? It was because there was custom css within the post.

um yeah, I can't use discord because it lags my fucking browser and also causes my voice to skip. Is there a way you could plug what's going on in the discord chat via bot in the regular chat? (which btw is still around.)

New stuff as of Jun 14, 2017

~ Added Site Overview sub-forum to Introductions.
~ New Icons
~ Live Gaming Lounge finally in 1.0 form.
~ International sub-forum added to Random Chatter section.
~ Global Holidays sub-forum (broken down by continent) added to International forum.  Holidays auto-post there by the Chronologician bot.
~ Added Outpost Center sub-forum to the Travel Station.  MFFA's posts on google+, twitter and steam are auto-posted there (with links to their originals) by the social media helper bot.
~ All forums / sub-forums now follow the same layout, with the main forum not having content, but only being a container for all the 1st level sub-forums.  This mean creating a new sub-forum in a couple forums to move the content to.  Forums that this change applied to (Introductions, News, Mugen Theater, Gaming, Random Chatter, Staff HQ,)
~ As of now, MFFA exists on:  Steam, Twitch, YouTube, Google+, Twitter, Facebook

I added 5 New tags:  

~ Originals
~ SNK

~ Capcom
~ Anime
~ Cartoon

This is to align the available tags with the existing collections warehouse rooms, so the automation can do as much auto-organizing as possible. 
To minimize human effort required / make things as easy as possible on everyone in the end.

The automoation isn't active yet.  It'll kick on probably in the beginning of August, maybe a little earlier.  But what it does is basically just take all the topics in the News and Releases forum that are older than 1 year, and move them into the Collections Warehouses.  Whatever tags are on the topic determine which room in which warehouse they go into.  Adding these 5 tags made all the rooms in all the warehouses 'taggable'.
:victory:
The exact logic of the automation is spoilered here, for anyone who's interested.

Spoiler

LkaAxKB.jpg

4th of July!
There is now an International Holidays board, in the International section of Random Chatter.  
Topics there are auto-posted by a bot, and can be commented on by anyone, tho only the bot is allowed to start new topics.  It combines the holiday calendar feeds of 17 different countries, a calendar of over 236 countries independence or national days, as well as a calendar feed of astronomical events. 

So, we're celebrating America's independence day by opening the floor to celebrate practically everyone else's independence day as well.  And everyone's everything else for that matter.
:cheer2:

And for today only the forum icons are going back to their original look!

Minor change of plans.
I shortened the list of calendars being imported.
There are now 4 total. 

Live Streaming Events
Astronomical Events
UN Observances
National Independence Days

The other difference is that they'll be visible in the calendar.  The only one that will show up on the front page is still Live Streaming Events.

Fixed up the X on tags in post tops.
Enabled reactions to status updates.

Much more to come soon.  The forum software just put out a major upgrade.
Most of the new features remained disabled, however, as our host's tech support is

currently examining the site to see if they can help with the bug.  Once that trouble

ticket is resolved, the new lights will flicker on.  As for now, the site remains in "maintenance mode".