Vaction Pics 2016

White Ranger

Every year my family and I take a trip to Pigeon Forge Tennessee, and it's very much like a second home to us. We got to spend our nights in a cabin this year, pictures below:

NOJO9ODl.jpg

The front entrance to the cabin, you can't tell from outside but it's actually got two floors.

WgGwCXcl.jpg

The kitchen, note the antlers

g0as0gxl.jpg

My favorite feature, a pool table. I'm not a pro, but I can play moderately well.

Lt3H1R6l.jpg

Photo of the loft.

More to be added....

soGZ7nvl.jpg

Before we checked into our cabin we paid a visit to one of my favorite attractions, The Great Smokey Mountain Knifeworks.

YxspL9nl.jpg

CS1ozOCl.jpg

rdRV5Kbl.jpg

y5LURRcl.jpg

I2QPMj6l.jpg

YnFHus9l.jpg

This attraction has quite a museum, consisting mostly of knives of all sorts, unfortunately the top floor where most of the good exhibits are located was closed off to the public at the moment due to renovations, and as of such I was unable to get any pictures of that particular area.

dwIJrKGl.jpg

3wXDiJhl.jpg

My favorite area of the building: The Knife Cave

mIvZc4Hl.jpg

This is where I get most my swords, I may show you my entire collection via status update.

SL2z7POl.jpg

Preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse? You've come to the right place lol.

JmVLbH5l.jpg

Any swords look familiar? ;)

tzppwsdl.jpg

wAdFhQ7l.jpg

fl7FU6Tl.jpg

If you can figure out what kind of weapons those are let me know.

c2swhW0l.jpg

x68NbbQl.jpg

For the Zelda fans :)

wnDgaW0l.jpg

A literal spork lol

tZmZQtPl.jpg

What I purchased, Its The Master Sword, Steampunk Style. 

GKCzz09l.jpg

The hilt

HkWaMTUl.jpg

Even though we didn't go in this attraction, this is one of the best attractions Pigeon Forge has to offer. If you got a favorite celeb, chances are you may find a wax figure of them within. Their's also wax figures of famous movie icons such as Jason Voorhees, and Freddy Kruger. 

9lxoE08l.jpg

This store is quite interesting, also the video screen below it will sometimes broadcast itself as a Pok'e'stop lol 

LbQeCtFl.jpg

Homemade/hand carved clocks.

Z8GR2Kdl.jpg

One part dairy bar, complete with an interesting menu of popcorn choices(picture below)

VHZif45l.jpg

gSkfCmQl.jpg

Moonshine Jelly, other flavors include cherry, strawberry, lemon, and more.

YmYikJnl.jpg

pJbDrbXl.jpg

Another part Christmas store.

eRNt0Fnl.jpg

And stuff that's just plain weird.

HbiBrGDl.jpg

A home cooking restaurant, Mama's Farmhouse features old country styled meals like chicken and dumplings, fresh baked biscuits, baked mac and cheese, gravy and more. One interesting feature...

a1EVXZjl.jpg

the glasses are mason jars. Curious about the spoon? Don't ask, I was too when I got my drink. It was just their lol.

CdcF9JAl.jpg

Are you a Comic junkie? A Sci-Fi freak? This store is simply amazing.

vBECdDQl.jpg

8Oi7NyGl.jpg

Xor4bstl.jpg

rjMduosl.jpg

yJZES8ul.jpg

VhKAgocl.jpg

xrHlRxtl.jpg

18LAPahl.jpg

This store is pretty self explanatory, puzzles, puzzles and more puzzles. Some of them your standard, dump it out and put it together, others are real brain benders.

MEPVKNml.jpg

The puzzles hanging from the ceiling, as well as several showcasing on the wall far left.

7aNl0rxl.jpg

The opposite wall.

mhZujgfl.jpg

I apologize for the blur. This ship and the small horse are 3D puzzles.

DRyAeJcl.jpg

The puzzle I purchased. How it works is you dump the pieces out, shuffle them around, then attempt to put them back in exactly as shown.I haven't tried it myself, but from what I googled these puzzles can be pretty challenging. 

The stores mentioned in the last post are in an area called "The Island" (which isn't actually an island), I failed to snap a photo of that.

It has a couple of rides, yet I didn't ride none but that ferris wheel is a site, showcasing that good old Red, White, and Blue, not to mention huge to boot.

aE29SPdl.jpg

tUc67Zyl.jpg

Tennessee has several Arcades, we paid a visit to two of them, we didn't play much in this one except a round of air hockey....

vm7MlAxl.jpg

Pac-man air hockey that is, I lost by 50 points, which isn't too bad considering it was 2 against 1, me against my  little brother and sister. For the most part it's your typical air hockey, using only a single puck, but after several rounds dozens of smaller pucks will spew out, resulting in both teams scrambling to both defend their goals as well as score like crazy.

OCBMLCPl.jpg

zTBakeGl.jpg

The Island's color changing water fountain. It will sometimes play music, and the water will move to the beat, it sadly didn't do anything during this visit.

This particular store (pictured below) has some weird soda flavors.

83kWFFzl.jpg

Left to right: Peanut Butter & Jelly, Bacon, Buffalo Wing, Sweet Corn, and Pumpkin Pie.

c3n5FkTl.jpg

Swamp Juice, Alien Snot, Toxic Slime Grass, and Dirt. I forgot to move the Bacon soda out of the way lol. Strange huh? I prefer.......

Umrl6Ccl.jpg

Chocolate Soda!!!! It actually does taste like chocolate. 

kbiwwZil.jpg

Moon Pie General Store/Book Warehouse, one of the oldest stores in Pigeon Forge.

SedUAppl.jpg

SedUAppl.jpg

B1wwaESl.jpg

Most of the books here are inspirational, Bibles, self-documented life changing stories, and tales of survival.

VxNVE6Ul.jpg

Old black and white pictures of famous movies, and actors/actresses.

fifAXeAl.jpg

One cool feature of the store is that you can grab your own box, and mix and match the mini moon pies and make your own to go box. Flavors include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, banana, and salted caramel.

fgIA1Iil.jpg

You can't have moon pies without RC Cola, it's pretty much the official drink that goes with them. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Pigeon Forge' Tanger Outlet

fng0TiKl.jpg

ffcdPVxl.jpg

jMTG5XZl.jpg

For those who don't know, a tanger outlet is a massive building consisting of stores, the kind you would see in a mall, Hot Topic, Old Navy, Spencers, The Disney Store, F.Y.E., etc. Basically it's an outdoor mall. The pictures I took are just one side of the massive structure, It's size also makes it perfect for a walking track for exercise.

Bf7Xdq8l.jpg

The Incredible Christmas Place is perhaps the most beautiful store in Pigeon Forge, this building is huge, and it has some interesting decorations of all kinds. From village pieces, ornaments, trees, lights, and more, this store is very awe inspiring.

AT8r41Jl.jpg

vmlX52Cl.jpg

JebNxJhl.jpg

Being a Christmas themed stor it was only natural to have a few figures from Frozen.

SnJxbfPl.jpg

EQaFgCdl.jpg

eAz6l5Pl.jpg

uHsNcCtl.jpg

07MWSGPl.jpg

m4jvNkDl.jpg

NFCI0gXl.jpg

8SY11EMl.jpg

4ZdTHPIl.jpg

tObN0HXl.jpg

criGLsNl.jpg

nnMBDadl.jpg

My favorite section of the store is the village decorations, small buildings, some based on actual locations, others from movies and cartoons, a site to behold.

yX7XBbol.jpg

Fp2gC2Ql.jpg

XceqtKbl.jpg

Harley Davidson Theme village

OVdkcNFl.jpg

Jku56wEl.jpg

The Grinch (Whoville) themed village

lDGOCkgl.jpg

New York City village set with backdrop

3pBhAZAl.jpg

mvFhTcZl.jpg

A Christmas Story village pieces You'll shoot your eye out kid (one of my favorite Christmas movies)

OFVk6Ldl.jpg

P6bg2k7l.jpg

kalgDJml.jpg

15AifOql.jpg

ufuYTztl.jpg

vvWddN0l.jpg

Of course they had the obvious leg lamp, complete with a wooden crate box that it comes in from the film. It's a major award.

Here's something you wouldn't expect to see in a store who's theme is Christmas, a village based on Halloween!!

iHmULYZl.jpg

p9b1fBtl.jpg

lKTPmqll.jpg

U8nGYYAl.jpg

BCIvjyml.jpg

jMFjyFIl.jpg

ObWcnVIl.jpg

garyQ15l.jpg

BbyBVhWl.jpg

BoOwneol.jpg

6va4Qzul.jpg

fp9WZl4l.jpg

Qqh0OLvl.jpg

4wPYJ39l.jpg

DzncRdYl.jpg

26NtaJml.jpg

hXOR86bl.jpg

cXSq3Fdl.jpg

One last photo of the exterior.

spPCuVul.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Big Daddy's Pizzeria is owned by the same individuals that own Mama's Farmhouse. If you ever decide to come here you better not eat anything else beforehand. Depending on what you choose for your toppings, as well as the size of the pizza, you will receive a monster of a pizza in terms of toppings.

pEb9zeNl.jpg

The pizza that we ordered was a meat lovers, they take their toppings to the extreme, the crust on the other hand reminds me of Papa Johns.

If you think that's a ton of meat, imagine just what the whole pizza looked like!!!

Qud64Mwl.jpg

Not far from Pigeon Forge is Gatlinburg, a town with so many stores you won't know what to think. You can literally spend 24 hours shopping if you wanted to, sure some stores close at certain hours, but some are open 24 hours.

R3aOKH7l.jpg

wPxsv3ml.jpg

jcwlmc6l.jpg

O8t7b78l.jpg

ijVBTmwl.jpg

The Mountain Mall stands out from other malls, it's stores consist of music (past and present), numerous hot sauces, a pizza parlor (New York style pizza), and more.

k3A7lDvl.jpg

This store has various CD's from just about any artist you can think of....

hGajEskl.jpg

....horror movies, anime,......

EYeku0pl.jpg

sf5qhFml.jpg

and decor of artists and popular media. I unfortunately didn't get a picture of them, but you can also buy records, and I mean legit old school styled music records.

yxNJhWZl.jpg

This store is pretty self explanatory, hot sauces galore, no peppers strangely.

nk05iFdl.jpg

Blair is known for making some extreme hot sauces. The one on the right, the one with the red and black skull topper, it's called Blair's 2 AM. It's 900,000 on the scoville scale. The story on why i'st so hot dates back to when Blair use to work at a bar. 2:00 AM was  the closing time, well some people wanted to stay longer, so he would fry four chicken strips with some of this sauce on it. Needless to say nobody stayed. He decided to kick it up a notch by making something hotter. The sauce on the left, the one with the yellow topper, is called Blair's 3 AM. It's 2,000,00 on the scoville scale. I actually own both of these sauces, as they are actually collectibles surprisingly, and get this, I had to sign a waiver before I purchased them.