How do you discover Mugen?

WindVee

Everyone here must have heard or seen Mugen at some point before joining here, right? So I want to ask all of you, how do you guys discover Mugen? Is it from your friends/relatives, or is it from the video you watched somewhere? Or did you saw people play by chance?

As for me, it was quite long time ago when I saw people play WinMUGEN when I was at the spare time, and I thought it was like custom Street Fighter and stuffs since I saw notable characters like Ryu and Chun-Li there, among others. When I saw them play it, I'm interested in the game, even though I have no idea how to get one in my computer since I have no internet access back then. Several years later when I got my internet connection, for some reason I started to remember that moment and decided to download it for myself. It was tad bit confusing for me at first, but later on I'm getting hang of it, and then the rest is history.

Just copy-pasting from MFG... I made the same thread there kek

Back in 2006, when I was still in the kindergarten, I used to search vids of Colonel Sanders vs Ronald McDonald...
I started using MUGEN in 2011 when I got myself a laptop
Then I got bored after a few months and never touched it again until October last year when I got depressed from school... was watching a few vids on YT when I came across MUGEN...then my interest for it came back. 2 days before Christmas I joined MFFA, and last April I joined MFG and MUGEN Archive.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to join a PC Centre member in April of year 2001 where a classmate introduced me to the place so that I could do my internet research for school project since I do not have internet connection at home. I was looking around and found some CD booklets where there were several PC games. I went to look into those booklets and saw a cd cover with some screenshots of Mugen which were this: http://ngmc.retrogames.com/sshots01.html with Gouki fighting against Shingo in kof99's raining park stage, Sagat fighting against Joe in Iori Yagami's 96 stage and so on. I was amaze and thought it was the PC version of Capcom vs. SNK :awesome but when I check it out in the internet by typing the title "Mugen version 2000.07.31" I realized that it was a 2D fighting game engine that anyone can customized their own fighting game :goodmood:

I can't remember what year it was but it was so long ago i had seen the MK vs SF flash and someone told me it was made with M.U.G.E.N im like what the hell is mugen and looked it up only to find the greatest crossovers ever and all types of crazy shit i mean you guys know how mugen is and from there i made that my number game i only just started to create mugen content rather then play it about almost 4 years ago now im glad i ran into mugen