VoD(26Chars): Flash Byakuren updated, Mugen 1.1 version Released (01/29/2017)

Deoxgigas

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back with a bunch of updates.

Latest Updates:

25-08-2016:

The LF2s, NeoDeep and TF2 Sniper:
- Added a whole bunch of additional sprites and animations that the Debugger was complaining about.
- Fixed a corner infinite with Woody.
- Fixed Firen and Firzen's feet fire getting pushed away when it hits in the corner.
- Fixed a bunch of archaic combo hitdef attributes on just about everyone.
- Henry and Rudolf's aerial projectile attacks no longer changes their velocity.

Aurora Tenshi:
- Changed the minimum enemy HP AI trigger for the OHKO move from 700 to 500.

Celestial Mukai:
- Changed the time for orb consumption on alot of moves to something more fitting, depending on that move.

Flash Byakuren:

Rainbow Meiling:
- Updated the combo gif to something a bit more awesome looking.
- Removed a few old animations that weren't actually used for anything.
- Changed hitspark positions of various moves.
- Fixed a semi-rare animation error with Colorful Rain.
- Greatly increased the Guard.velocity of a fully charged Water Taichi Fist from -1 to -20.
- Fixed an error in Water Taichi Fist not changing to an attack Movetype when the attack is launched.
- Changed the minimum enemy HP AI trigger for the OHKO move from 600 to 500.

Resonance:
- Added a trigger to change the movetype of the monoliths in "Compose - Patchouli" to Idle after they've stopped moving.
This should stop enemy AI from needlessly blocking when the monoliths are harmless.
- Removed ALOT of old unused sprites.

Stardust Utsuho:
- Updated the combo gif to something a bit more awesome looking.
- Changed the minimum enemy HP AI trigger for the OHKO move from 600 to 500.
- Removed some old unused sprites.

Do enjoy.

I'll also soon have a new character finished. May or may not release it when it's done. Haven't decided whether I'll hold onto it as private for a little while first, but we'll see. Might release a teaser or something.

• 3 months later...

I've released a major update for Stardust Utsuho that brings her more up to date with my newer stuff, as well as giving her some of the moves she was missing from the skill card list.
Figured I owed it to her since she never got them back when I added all the skill card moves to the others.

Also updated the main post here, removing all the clutter information and just showing the characters. Detailed information is now all on my site.

51a6717f6e279f66eee955f1e3613bdc.png

Update Notes 22-12-2016:

Stardust Utsuho:

- Implemented the same system that my newer Touhou-style characters use for their special moves and bomb supers.
- Utsuho has learned 3 new moves based on her HSTS Skill Cards, including:
- Rocket Dive! Use with the command (623y).
- Radiant Blade! Use with the command (623x).
- Hell Geyser! Use with the command (22x) and (22y)
- Changed every single non-projectile move to now combo off a straight movehit instead of the old wonky method. (Players only.)
- Fixed a somewhat major bug with the damage scaling.
- Cleared out a bunch of old unused sounds, reducing overall character file size.
- Utsuho can no longer charge power as AI. As a player, the meter charge is halved to 3 per tick.
- Increased the meter gain slightly on most moves to compensate.
- Decreased the damage of the 2-meter supers: Mega Flare and Meteor Dive
- Super - Bomb can now be used while guarding, and can now be chained into by most normals and specials.
- Super - Bomb is now subject to a cooldown indicated by the bomb counter (the sun) in the corner.
- Fixed Super - Eruption Geyser's explosion effect ending up in peculiar places when it's used on an airborne opponent.
- Super - Eruption Geyser is now slightly more fiery.
- Utsuho now has control after using Dashing Solar Furnace Rod (66y).
- Burst Thruster (j.2y) now causes ground bounce, except when hitting while the opponent is already down.
- Retro Atomic Model's input is now 214a instead of 22x.
- Flare Up (214z) can now chain into all supers.
- Utsuho's recovery rolls are now less flashy, and more akin to Tenshi's.
- Solar Wind Charge (j.6x) is no longer recoverable by the opponent.
- Added some actual Fall Recover time on the moves the opponent can recover from.
- AI adjustments/improvements/fixes/additions.
- Especially towards enemy distance detection.
- As well as preventing old triggers that had a tendency of breaking other moves every now and then, most noticably during supers.

• 3 weeks later...

~ Pebbles flying everywhere ~

Succeeding the Stardust Utsuho update last month, we have the Keystone Update featuring big updates to Aurora Tenshi and Celestial Mukai. They don't get new moves, but they certainly learned to use their old ones better, whether played by a human or AI. This, and a slew of other stuff to bring them up-to-date with the newer Touhou style characters.

Also a few smaller updates to Prismatic Jam and Umi no Kokoro, fixing a few issues here and there. Oh, and a tiny one for Stardust Utsuho, but it's negligible.

b95b844a8c2b3ff34b96a275b9b18ec1.gif

Changelog 01/06/2017:

Aurora Tenshi:

- Implemented the same system that my newer Touhou-style characters use for their special moves and supers.
- Modified palettes.
- Cleared out a bunch of old unused sounds, reducing overall character file size.
- Fixed a bug with the damage scaling.
- Changed every single non-projectile move to now combo off a straight movehit instead of the old wonky method.
- Also made every move, that doesn't cause a fall, chainable into many of the special moves.
- As well as making a whole bunch of moves chainable into all supers.
- Several normal moves will now cause the opponent to fall if they're hit with them while in the air.
- Added some actual Fall Recover time on the moves the opponent can recover from.
- "Super - Sword of Unletting Soil" can now be used while guarding.
- "Super - Sword of Unletting Soil" is now subject to a cooldown indicated by the bomb counter (the stone) in the corner.
- Reduced the amount of stones flying all over the place during various moves.
- Fixed a bug with "Guardian Keystones" (22a) that caused the stones to be upside down when shot.
- Increased the x and y flight speed of an opponent hit by "Boulder Push" (236x), "Dashing Boulder Push" (66z) and "Rushing Charge" (236z)
- "Boulder Push" (236x) and "Rushing Charge" (236z) now cause wall bounce when chained into by other moves.
- "Dashing Boulder Push" (66z) now causes wall bounce on hit.
- Alot of AI adjustments/improvements/fixes/additions.

Celestial Mukai:

- Modified palettes.
- Several normal moves will now cause the opponent to fall if they're hit with them while in the air.
- "Mega Kick" (236y) now causes ground bounce if it hits while the opponent is in the air.
- Changed the animation of "Mega Kick" to make Mukai's backwards movement on impact way less sudden, slightly increasing range.
- "Amazing Slam" (623x / 66z) now causes wall bounce if it hits while the opponent is in an attack state.
- The bullet of "Atmospheric Temperament" (623z) now takes slightly longer to disappear after going offscreen, increasing the time before it can be reused.
- "Super - Earthen Armor" can now be used while guarding.
- "Super - Earthen Armor" is now subject to a cooldown indicated by the bomb counter (the stone) in the corner.
- The visual effect of "Super - World of Stone" should now always remain in the center of the screen.
- Reduced the amount of stones flying all over the place during various moves.
- Fixed a bug with "Guardian Keystones" (22a) that caused the stones to be upside-down when shot.

Stardust Utsuho:

- Modified palettes.
- Moved the bomb counter a few pixels lower.

Prismatic Jam:

- Modified palettes.
- Added Fall Recover time on the moves the opponent can recover from.
- Some AI adjustments/improvements/fixes/additions.

Umi no Kokoro:

- Fixed the visual effects of "Reverse Spin" (4z) not disappearing when the move is chained into "Turbine Spin" (2z).
- Fixed a bug with "Dashing Naginata Stab" (66z) that made Kokoro grabable when she shouldn't be.
- "Spirit of the Ocean" (214z) has had its frames reduced from 38 to 31.
- "Spirit of the Ocean - Return" has had its frames reduced from 40 to 33.
- Slightly reduced backdash distance.
- Reduced the background darkening time for "Super - Geyser of the Endless Depths" by 1 second to make it correspond with how long the move actually lasts.

• 2 weeks later...

Back once more with another update, next in the process of updating all ye' olde' Touhous to the newer styles. It's Meiling's turn.

Like the former update, Meiling gets to enjoy a massive update featuring new fancy bars, better move usage for AI and players alike, all the fixes and more.

With this, only Resonance and Byakuren are left, awaiting their turn.

4390f9485f316eb8b8f13fdd1b8abcf0.png

Changelog 01/18/2017:

Rainbow Meiling:

- Implemented the same system that my newer Touhou-style characters use for their special moves and supers.
- Modified palettes.
- Changed every single non-projectile move to now combo off a straight movehit instead of the old wonky method.
- Also made every move, that doesn't cause a fall, chainable into many of the special moves.
- As well as making a whole bunch of moves chainable into all supers.
- Meiling can no longer charge power as AI. As a player, the meter charge is halved to 3 per tick.
- Slightly increased meter gain on several moves to compensate for above.
- "Prod" (5x) and "Crouch Prod" (2x) can now be chained infinitely into each other.
- Increased the pushback of "Prod" and "Crouch Prod" to limit the amount of times it can actually hit in a row.
- The damage of "Prod" and "Crouch Prod" has been reduced from 28 to 21.
- Increased the frametime of "Stellar Cannon" (623y) from 27f to 32f.
- "Super - Bomb" can now be used while guarding.
- "Super - Bomb" is now subject to a cooldown indicated by the bomb counter (the rainbow ball) in the corner.
- "Super - Prism Lasers" now aims directly at the opponent instead of just covering most of the screen.
- Reduced the damage of "Super - Prism Lasers" due to its new mechanics. Overall damage is more or less the same as before.
- "Dual Airblast Kicks" (j.8x) now causes ground bounce on the second hit.
- "Rainbow Energy Release" (623x) now causes wall bounce on hit.

Following swiftly after Meiling comes Resonance, up-to-date with all the newer systems, better AI, better playability as well as a new super added to her roulette, bringing the count to a total of 20 different supers.

I've also released a new version of her that removes all her music files, for the sake of those who don't want a single character taking up a huge amount of space, and taking quite a bit longer to load.

Other than that, there's a few fixes for the other recently updated characters that I discovered while working on Resonance.

With this, only Byakuren remains before I'm finally done with bringing everyone up-to-date. Maybe then I'll make a new character again. Maybe.

c125ad5d0b3aafca16c4d369a07a4558.png

Changelog 01/22/2017 :

Resonance:
- Released a new version of Resonance where all her music files are gone, removing about 75% of her original filesize. For those who don't want a single character to take up too much space.

- Modified palettes.
- Cleared out a bunch of old unused sounds and sprites, reducing overall character file size.
- Resonance has learned a new super, bringing the total amount of supers up to 20.
- While the new super is active, Razor Wind (4a) and Aerial Razor Wind (j.4z) will act differently.
- Resonance will now phase out in a puff of smoke during some of her longer supers, making her iframes more obvious.
- Changed every single non-projectile move to now combo off a straight movecontact instead of the old wonky method.
- When charging power with 5b, the meter charge has been reduced from 4 to 3 per tick.
- "Tornado Grazioso" (214z) and "Storm's Eye" (j.2a) can now be used while guarding.
- "Tornado Grazioso" and "Storm's Eye" are now subject to a cooldown indicated by the bomb counter by the two whirlwinds in the corner, one for each move.
- "Tornado Grazioso" and "Storm's Eye" no longer create a dust effect behind Resonance to indicate the cooldown.
- The original cooldown of "Tornado Grazioso" and "Storm's Eye" has been increased from about 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
- "Colorful Blow Away"s (5y) frametime has been increased from 20f to 23f, and it now has proper pushback.
- Fixed the standard forward "Whirlwave Dash" (214x) giving less meter than all the other variations of the attack.
- "Wind Sickle Veiling"s input is now 22a instead of 22b.
- "Aerial Cloth Whip" (2x) now causes ground bounce on hit.
- "Cloth Whip" (236x) now causes ground bounce when chained into by other moves.
- "Cloth Whip" can now chain into most special moves, as well as "Note Smasher".
- "Note Smasher" (5z) now causes wall bounce when chained into by other moves.

The Other Recently Updated Touhou Style Characters:
- All combo moves of Meiling, Utsuho and Tenshi can now be chained on succesful contact. Formerly, they could not be used when the opponent guarded succesfully.
- Fixed a bug causing Bomb supers to be usable in the air for Utsuho, Meiling, Mukai and Tenshi.

It's been a long time coming, but with this, the character updates are finally over.

Byakuren has received her update, bringing the newer systems, better AI, better playability, buffs and nerfs, and, oh boy, maybe I should've given her full damage scaling too.

Well, if there's ever gonna be more updates for the older characters, it's likely that some nerfs might be in order. I'll decide on that after following their fights some more in the future.

Having freed myself, I can finally move onwards towards making a new character, whose name is already listed in several spots on all my Touhou-style ones. We'll see. I could use a break.

As always, whether for playing, collecting or watching; Enjoy~!

a3c8c269579cb72d5cefd598e8405da5.png

01/29/2017 Update Notes:

Flash Byakuren:
- Released the Mugen 1.1 version for Byakuren, featuring higher quality sprites. The Mugen 1.0 version also has all the following updates.

- Revamped palettes.
- Cleared out a bunch of old unused sounds and sprites, reducing overall character file size.
- Changed every single non-projectile move to now combo off a straight movecontact instead of the old wonky method.
- All supers can now be chained into by most normal moves.
- Byakuren now retains her mass during most of the supers, so that the opponent can't just phase through her. She still has iframes, nonetheless.
- "Super - Flash Impact" can now be used while guarding.
- "Super - Flash Impact" is now subject to a cooldown indicated by the ball of lightning in the corner of the screen.
- "Super - Wave of Light" now causes ground bounce when the bell hits.
- "Super - Sutra Storm" now has damage scaling, to make sure it doesn't straight up OHKO when used at the right moment.
- "Super - Five-Element Mountain of Shakyamuni" now causes ground bounce when the fist hits.
- "Super - Five-Element Mountain of Shakyamuni": Decreased total potential damage output from 650 to 550.
- "Super - Master of the Great Trichiliocosm": Byakuren should now properly wait atleast a second before engaging the opponent after succesfully hitting with the starting move.
- "Super - Master of the Great Trichiliocosm": Byakuren should no longer land infront of the opponent and block them from being sent flying.
- "Aerial Swipe" (j.5x): Enemy air velocity when hit is increased from -2y to -3y.
- "Fist of Thunder" (j.6x): Enemy pausetime when hit has been increased from 7f to 14f.
- "Fist of Thunder" can now be chained into several other special moves.
- "Silver Skyway"s (22z) cooldown is now indicated by the occult ball in the corner of the screen.
- "Silver Skyway's": Cooldown increased to 10 ingame seconds.
- Fixed a bug with "Silver Skyway" hitting multiple times in the exact same frame.
- Increased the forward x velocity of "Silver Skyway" from 7x to 10x.
- Increased the forward x velocity of the blade thrown with "Virudhaka's Sword" from 8x to 10x.
- "Garuda's Talon - Downwards" (22y / j.2y): Increased active frames from 15f to 20f.
- "Garuda's Talon - Downwards": Byakuren now enters her recovery frames if she hits the ground before the entire animation is complete.
- "Garuda's Talon - Downwards" now causes ground bounce on hit*.
- "Vajra Blade Downwards" (236y) now causes a minor ground bounce on hit*.
- "Indra's Thunder" (214x / j.5z): Increased startup time by 1f and recovery time by 6f.
- "Indra's Thunder" now causes wall bounce on hit*.
- "Durga's Soul" (214z) now causes wall bounce on hit*.
- "Shoulder Charge" (236x) now causes wall bounce on hit when chained into by other moves*.
- Redistributed the control inputs for all supers, making them follow the same scheme as my other Touhou characters.

*Wall and ground bounces can only occur once each during each combo.

Resonance:

- Fixed a bunch of projectile moves not properly applying damage scaling.

Umi no Kokoro:

- Fixed Kokoro sometimes triggering the hitoverride on "I Can Make Faces Like This?" (5b) after the move should have expired.
- Extended the hitbox of "Super - Geyser of the Endless Depths" upwards to prevent the opponent from bouncing in a silly fashion.
- Even more AI adjustments/improvements/fixes/additions.