i Need a Character Template

PotatoPony

Elecbyte - template packaged with Fighter Factory

Avoid this one at all costs. There are just too many problems in the template that cause errors that could very easily have been avoided by using another template. I'd also stay away from the EoH template for similar, though more gameplay oriented and less technical, reasons.

Since the person is a beginner, it's OK to use EoH but if I were him, I wouldn't release those characters to the public until they feel like they can base a KFM to a brand spanking new character or use other characters in the MVC style like DG's Mega Man or IMT's Wolverine since like Rice said, EOH is too buggy.  You can also work on stomping the bugs while you're working on that character.

If you want to start off with no style, try N64mario's template character. 

A lot of mugen players like Pots Ryu, maybe just use that as a start. It likely has all the stuff mugen players are looking for in general and it may generally be received positively across the board.

Another usggestion i like and what seems to be the all time fan favorite which works with everything IMO is the MvC1 Template. Try a google search or just find yourself a good MvC1 character conversion and go with that in the collections section here or in other places.

I highly recommend MvC1. It has great hitsparks, ideal sounds for landing and jumping that give that rush and if it comes with a built in announcer, well it's generally an exciting experience. Plus the art style just fits better in general mugen sprite styles rather than CvSnk of some KoF mishmash which is too contrary to the fighter's appearance.

A good bet also is to use a character people generally like. Use whatever will be best for what you are trying to do. Sometimes it might be better to make one from scratch or KFM but if you are looking for a specific theme that you all ready like and is close to what you want then maybe going with that will work best for you.

Try and get a basic character so it doesn't become overwhelming to edit and tinker with.

As a coding shortcut, I use a character that has something I will need to code in it all ready and fully functional to save myself the work of having to do it all from scratch or some hard tutorial. I did this when Making Link (Zelda) when I had to make a flying mode with a functioning projectile attack.

A lot of mugen players like Pots Ryu, maybe just use that as a start. It likely has all the stuff mugen players are looking for in general and it may generally be received positively across the board.

Another suggestion i like and what seems to be the all time fan favorite which works with everything IMO is the MvC1 Template. Try a google search or just find yourself a good MvC1 character conversion and go with that in the collections section here or in other places.

I highly recommend MvC1. It has great hitsparks, ideal sounds for landing and jumping that give that rush and if it comes with a built in announcer, well it's generally an exciting experience. Plus the art style just fits better in general mugen sprite styles rather than CvSnk of some KoF mishmash which is too contrary to the fighter's appearance.

A good bet also is to use a character people generally like. Use whatever will be best for what you are trying to do. Sometimes it might be better to make one from scratch or KFM but if you are looking for a specific theme that you all ready like and is close to what you want then maybe going with that will work best for you.

Try and get a basic character so it doesn't become overwhelming to edit and tinker with.

As a coding shortcut, I use a character that has something I will need to code in it all ready and fully functional to save myself the work of having to do it all from scratch or some hard tutorial. I did this when Making Link (Zelda) when I had to make a flying mode with a functioning projectile attack.