Papyrus by FourthRhyme Updated (06/17/16)

Solid Snivy

I've been an avid follower of this character, and now it's time to see what he's got. Thanks, I didn't think it'd be this early.

He's a real helper heavy novelty character, relying on many strikers, but it's cool having a legit Undertale char for Mugen.

Did some quick testing the other night and so far I've found the following;

• Alot of his CLSN boxes feel inconsistent. His walking and idle hitboxes, for instance.
  • Crouch doesn't feel like a crouch at all. In fact, one of his crouching normals whiffs entirely against crouching opponents.
  • Standing HP is ridiculously unsafe at -27 on hit/block, and this is with long startup time as well.
  • Alot of his normals lack range.
  • While the dance (D+MP, D+MP, etc) doesn't do any damage, it has 0 frame startup and is completely invincible during recovery, so you can pretty much use it to stunlock a cornered opponent until time over.
  • His specials don't feel like there's any kind of variation whatsoever.
  • Supers are... next to useless for the most part. For example, I get the joke with the Blue Attack, but why would I ever use it in a practical match, especially when it costs meter?
  • SND file's large filesize can be slimmed down by converting all the sound clips to mono.

I'm confident that the issues can be worked out and Papyrus can be made into a solid character, but as he stands right now he still needs some work. The author should try focusing on making a solid fighter first and then focus on the Undertale memes once he has that done.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:20 AM, Ricepigeon said:

Did some quick testing the other night and so far I've found the following;

• Alot of his CLSN boxes feel inconsistent. His walking and idle hitboxes, for instance.
  • Crouch doesn't feel like a crouch at all. In fact, one of his crouching normals whiffs entirely against crouching opponents.
  • Standing HP is ridiculously unsafe at -27 on hit/block, and this is with long startup time as well.
  • Alot of his normals lack range.
  • While the dance (D+MP, D+MP, etc) doesn't do any damage, it has 0 frame startup and is completely invincible during recovery, so you can pretty much use it to stunlock a cornered opponent until time over.
  • His specials don't feel like there's any kind of variation whatsoever.
  • Supers are... next to useless for the most part. For example, I get the joke with the Blue Attack, but why would I ever use it in a practical match, especially when it costs meter?
  • SND file's large filesize can be slimmed down by converting all the sound clips to mono.

I'm confident that the issues can be worked out and Papyrus can be made into a solid character, but as he stands right now he still needs some work. The author should try focusing on making a solid fighter first and then focus on the Undertale memes once he has that done.

Don't forget his normal can't be combo in to normally and he has no specials of his own outside of strikers.

1 hour ago, Lucasmic said:

Character also has an anti-cheap mode against a lot of characters

Two of said characters by The_None (Omega Tiger Woods and Missingno)

Dont really think that is neccesary.

I think the Missingno was intended for Mike's version (he should've added the authorname) and that OTW was meant to be only for old versions.

On an unrelated note: Opening Papyrus through Fighter Factory 3's Mugen opener crashes the Mugen that Fighter Factory 3 opens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...