The RWBY corner, predictions, fan stuff and MOAR!

StrongestPotato

So, to kick off the thread, answer me:   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

okay, I want to kick off the list for one reason: Volume 4 and RWBY Chibis, I want to talk with you other RWBY fans about this to stay away of my least favourite volume - Volume 3, anyways, so, what's your opinion on the Chibi Spinoff? is it good, is it bad?

eitherways, after you have voted, what if we discuss every episode back from the trailers? I like the idea

EPT01 - RED TRAILER

Okay, so this was the first glimpse of the show, I was very hyped when I saw it, any highlights you want to remember?

Sure, that's fine with me.

I'd say the Red Trailer is probably my favorite of the four trailers. I thought it was really well animated, and Ruby looked really cool. It got me hyped for the show as well, mainly for the DMC vibe it gave me with the action.

29 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I only really saw the Yang trailer.

Either way, with Season 4, I just hope the out-of-commission RWBY members get episodes in the spotlight. 

yeah, that and that Pyrrha returns, eitherways, RED proved us that Ruby is a force to reckon with and a standard for Grimm hunters, I mean, she's 15 years and she's beheading monsters with a scythe, I also must admit, Red Like Roses is one of my favourite songs

EPT02 - WHITE TRAILER

I'll admit Weiss became one of my favourite characters (hence why I enjoy RPing as her), but this trailer is the most "bland", I mean, she's just singing right in front of an audience, true, it shows how much of a jerk her father is, not lettin' her be and all, but I sincerely expected more action, when I was 6 I used to play the piano in front of similar audiences, and honestly I share Weiss' feeling of "one screw up and it's the end", but I'd like her trailer having more Grimm, and less Crowd

I'm hoping we learn more about STRQ in Volume 4, especially what happened during Summer's last mission.

As for the White Trailer, I don't really have anything to add. I pretty much agree with everything you said. It's definitely my least favorite of the bunch.

mmmmmmmovin' on!

EPT03 - BLACK TRAILER

okay, this trailer pretty much introduced Blake's checkered past and all, but here's the thing, this trailer was made for only one reason: to show how much we want to punch Adam in the face, ESPECIALLY post-Volume 3 (but we'll get to that eventually), before the show kicked off, and after watching this trailer, I was thinking that Blake would become my least favourite member of the team (I was proven wrong :3), but maybe it's because her trailer does not gives her the spotlight she deserves, instead, and to make matters worse, it stars Adam, who I hate, all Adams aside, it does give Blake the stealthy assasin profile, which is the reason Blake's so awesome

The Black Trailer picked up where White didn't for me. It was more entertaining, more focus on a lot of enemies rather than just a single large one. I also thought the Adam/Blake tag team was another fun aspect of this trailer. I honestly kind of liked the fact that this trailer featured Adam, who would later go on to become one of my favorite villains (will explain why when we get there). I thought Adam was really cool. I loved his design, and I loved his fighting style. Though, I'll admit, there are other, rather obvious, reasons that make me like him a lot as well. Blake was also really cool, I loved her design as well, and her fighting style was pretty creative.

and that leads us to...

EPT04 - YELLOW TRAILER

we got to my favourite character's trailer, I admit I fell in love with Yang's character when I saw her, I mean, Ruby's trailer showed us her life and story, Weiss' trailer showed us how her father never allowed her to do what she wanted, Blake's trailer showed us her checkered past at the White Fang....and then Yang's trailer just shows us how she spends time in a night club and beats the living shit out of the owner.....Yang's trailer made everything I expected for RWBY to BE CRANKED UP TO 11......Yang is such a witty character....that's another reason I hate Adam...hope he gets what he deserves later on....ADAMS ASIDE TOUGH.....we have my second favourite RWBY song playing.... "I BURN!" it proves how awesome Yang is and it gives the trailers a way to go with a YANG! eh, guys? amirite? guys?

If there's one small complaint I have with the trailers up until this one, it would be that they really didn't do all that great of a job showing the characters are like. We knew about them, albeit very vaguely, but we didn't know who they were. However this trailer showed us what Yang's personality is like, and it really benefited from it. We still knew she had a reason for being there as well, since she was in search of her mother. This is how it should be done. I also really liked the club setting as well. It just added to the fun, and it led for some pretty cool scenery as well. All that said, however, I wish there was a bit more to Yang's fighting style. It's the most simplistic of all the characters thus far, and while some may like the more direct approach she takes, I personally think fighting with blades look much cooler. This is why I prefer the Red Trailer, honestly. But still, this trailer is a close second for me, mainly for Yang's character. She had, only up to this point mind you, become my favorite thus far.

59 minutes ago, Tony Redgrave said:

If there's one small complaint I have with the trailers up until this one, it would be that they really didn't do all that great of a job showing the characters are like. We knew about them, albeit very vaguely, but we didn't know who they were. However this trailer showed us what Yang's personality is like, and it really benefited from it. We still knew she had a reason for being there as well, since she was in search of her mother. This is how it should be done. I also really liked the club setting as well. It just added to the fun, and it led for some pretty cool scenery as well. All that said, however, I wish there was a bit more to Yang's fighting style. It's the most simplistic of all the characters thus far, and while some may like the more direct approach she takes, I personally think fighting with blades look much cooler. This is why I prefer the Red Trailer, honestly. But still, this trailer is a close second for me, mainly for Yang's character. She had, only up to this point mind you, become my favorite thus far.

exactly, I fell in love with her once the trailer ended...you could say she's my waifu :v.....anyways, assuming we're done with the trailers

VOLUME 1, E001 - RUBY ROSE

okay, the episode critics begin and we have certain someone whose name I won't reveal narrating

3 hours ago, Tony Redgrave said:

Good start to the series, I think. We finally got to see what Ruby was like, and while she wasn't exactly what I thought she'd be like, I'm happy with how she was. She was adorable! Also, we were introduced to the best villain ever. 

agreed, besides, it kicks in my favourite song in the whole show: "This Will be the Day!"

also, it does however have his fair share of quirks, especially how Ruby and Weiss start with the left foot

Rooster Teeth doesn't participate with April Fool's. April 1st is more of a day of celebration for them, since that's the day they were founded on.

8 hours ago, OxyontheWolf said:

agreed, besides, it kicks in my favourite song in the whole show: "This Will be the Day!"

also, it does however have his fair share of quirks, especially how Ruby and Weiss start with the left foot

Yeah. Also, how Jaune was introduced in the most embarrassing way possible.

Also, since you included The Shining Beacon as well, does this mean if an episode is split into two parts, we will be discussing both parts at the same time.

EDIT: Then I realized The Shining Beacon was a two-parter of its own. We may just be thinking ahead a little bit on this one.

5 hours ago, Tony Redgrave said:

Rooster Teeth doesn't participate with April Fool's. April 1st is more of a day of celebration for them, since that's the day they were founded on.

Yeah. Also, how Jaune was introduced in the most embarrassing way possible.

Also, since you included The Shining Beacon as well, does this mean if an episode is split into two parts, we will be discussing both parts at the same time.

EDIT: Then I realized The Shining Beacon was a two-parter of its own. We may just be thinking ahead a little bit on this one.

yeah, this is just Ruby Rose, we'll get to the Shining Beacon later

6 hours ago, Squirtle said:

You do know that the "chibi" trailer was a(n) "April Fools" thing, right? I don't think they're developing it into a series, then again, I could be wrong. If they did, it would keep many fans asking for answers about Vol.4.

actually, they will, RT never does April Fools due to the argument of April 1st being RT's anniversary

Alright, so we accidentally moved forward a bit.

Anyways, back on topic. Yang was pretty much how I expected her to be, which is a good thing. I didn't really get too much of an impression of Ozpin and Glynda yet, though I did like how Ozpin was more laid back while Glynda was more serious.

agreed, even tough later on we would get someone who would be by far more laid-back, and mostly a comic foil, it does however, bring up a good base to how the show will be, despite the animation not being quite like nowadays, and having all that shadow people

Yeah, the show seemed to have a lower budget than what the trailers would have you believe. Still, though, that's not too much of a problem. This show was still leaving me with a really good first impression. I couldn't wait to be introduced to the other characters, especially since I really enjoyed who we had so far.

Also, there are some new things to the significance of this episode now as well, but I'll get to those when the time comes.

8 hours ago, Tony Redgrave said:

Yeah, the show seemed to have a lower budget than what the trailers would have you believe. Still, though, that's not too much of a problem. This show was still leaving me with a really good first impression. I couldn't wait to be introduced to the other characters, especially since I really enjoyed who we had so far.

Also, there are some new things to the significance of this episode now as well, but I'll get to those when the time comes.

well then, it only makes sense to move on:

VOLUME 1, EP002 - THE SHINING BEACON (PART 1)

okay, I want to point one scene in particular: "OOOOOOOOOH! SIS! SIS! THAT KID'S GOT A COLLAPSIBLE STAFF!!! AND SHE'S GOT A FIRE SWOOOORD!!!"

She loves her some weapons, that's for sure. Also, we meet Weiss and Jaune, and we see a little bit of Blake as well. I thought Ruby and Weiss meeting for the first time was funny, and I liked Jaune's social awkwardness. Fitting he's introduced as Vomit Boy. I kinda felt bad for him, at the same time, though. He seemed to have no confidence in himself or his weapon, even referring to it as a simple hand-me-down despite its significance. Of course we'd find out where this lack of confidence comes from later on in the season.

Yeah, I'm sure you can tell Jaune stuck out from the rest for me.

9 hours ago, Tony Redgrave said:

She loves her some weapons, that's for sure. Also, we meet Weiss and Jaune, and we see a little bit of Blake as well. I thought Ruby and Weiss meeting for the first time was funny, and I liked Jaune's social awkwardness. Fitting he's introduced as Vomit Boy. I kinda felt bad for him, at the same time, though. He seemed to have no confidence in himself or his weapon, even referring to it as a simple hand-me-down despite its significance. Of course we'd find out where this lack of confidence comes from later on in the season.

Yeah, I'm sure you can tell Jaune stuck out from the rest for me.

of course, I always thought he'd be the comic relief.....SOMEONE proved me wrong (we'll get to it later), also, I must admit, that love for weapons just predicted Chibi RWBY, have you noticed?

On 13/4/2016 at 5:50 PM, Tony Redgrave said:

It is a weird coincidence, seeing as that's the only time that anyone's turned into a chibi in the whole show.

agreed, if I had to choose my favourite Ruby quote per episode, this goes to the Shining Beacon, and while on the Shining Beacon....

VOLUME 1, EP003 - THE SHINING BEACON (PART 2)

my favourite moment by far is definitely Weiss' helium voice (AKA: she reading a "Dust for Dummies" panphlet) I just love when the serious character's voice gets highened, because well, HOW CAN YOU TAKE THAT VOICE SERIOUSLY!?

My favorite part of the episode was actually right after that.

"Hello Weiss, I'm Ruby. Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies."

"Yeah. and we can paint our nails, and try on clothes, and talk about boys like tall blonde, and scraggly over there!"

"Wow! Really?"

"No."

Even when she was mean, I still loved Weiss. It's not often I actually enjoy characters like that, let alone have become one of my favorites.

Also, Jaune wanted another "nice quirky girl to talk to." I wonder who that was, hmm? Maybe it was that one girl in the back?