Robotic Operating Buddy and Rocko V.3

WlanmaniaX

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, guys. I've been working so hard on those two, currently.

So here are my previews for the crazy bus driver hyper and Ed Bighead striker from Rocko:

jS6ZuG1.gif
HxFBp62.gif

Also, I redraw an sprite for Rolo for Rocko's intro:

rolo10.gif

Well I will have to make my another video preview of how R.O.B and Rocko gets his new updates.

So I added Spunky's attack move, which causes Rocko's enemy to slipping (which is similar to Juan Carlos' Sub-Zero).

Anyways, I also made more previews how Rocko makes his incredible basic combos and using his pogo stick (to knock over and other, squash at his enemy)

dAMteX7.gif
w7IxBr8.gif
saMYLxS.gif
v1RAQHI.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Alrighty, guys! I have made my another newest previews for Rocko and R.O.B.

Here is my video preview where Rocko and Aardvark fights against the non-existed disasterpiece:

And by the way, I'll show you how R.O.B gets his two hypers, which is based on the Brawl and the Wii U/3DS one!

VtN692e.gif

Dude you have got to make a collection thread somewhere or put up a website/blog about your characters. They are beautiful! As mugen fans who like getting new characters, this is just awesome.

On 4/4/2016 at 5:45 AM, GarchompMatt said:

I believe Wlan failed to mention that Jarquin made the original Rocko sprite. Note the inconsistency in sprite quality during the video.

@GarchompMatt,

D!ck move man, and nobody cares unless that sprite artist is making a full character for all of us. What WlanmaniaX is doing for us all should be appreciated. Props to the original artist for coming up with the base sprite but major props to WlanmaniaX for making us a full playable mugen character. We might not ever see this Rocko come to life in this form ever. Even with a few inconsistencies I'd still take this and R.O.B. because it's working as far as i can tell and it looks better than the miniature snes style rip IMO. Also the attacks work well judging from the video previews. It's amateur mugen worthy and collectors approved!

If the original guy ever wants to make a full version and release that out well then WlanmaniaX will be forgotten and overshadowed completely so don't worry about trivial stuff like this.

Also to be honest I don't give a crap about the authors. I think we can all generally agree that we're all here for the downloadable free characters. I don't know anyone who sticks around for a forum member without character releases :P

Yes, how dare I note that Wlan didn't make the original sprite. How could I be such an arsehole? What's the harm in crediting the original artist? Jarquin put effort into the sprite, so surely it's just common courtesy to at least credit him somewhere, right? If it makes you feel better, I'm not saying Wlan has to credit him, but rather it'd be nice if he did.

Also, if he's going to use another sprite as a base, he should at least keep sprites he made consistent with it. I know that doesn't matter to you, but it's noticeably jarring when the character's proportions are inconsistent between animations.

6 hours ago, AxSeeker said:

nobody cares unless that sprite artist is making a full character for all of us

I care. Am I nobody? Possibly.

5 hours ago, AxSeeker said:

then WlanmaniaX will be forgotten and overshadowed completely

What were you saying about my statement being a 'dick move'?

While I am doing his third new hyper, it will be based on AVGN episode:

His new hyper move would be if R.O.B uses the television to destruct his opponent and starts uses giant lasers to destroy at his opponent.

I like the direction you're going with this. This is what makes playing the mugen version worth playing when in comparison to the original ssb version. People like new and creative stuff. I've seen some mugen characters have like 20 specials and 6 supers/hypers. Putting in more and extra stuff really makes your work stand out over the standard releases. I hope you'll load up R.O.B. with even more goodies XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:07 AM, AxSeeker said:

Looks good. Does it work even if the opponent is moving?

I think, yes...

By the way, here is how Rocko has his finisher move "Giant Clock" to hit him causing to get the "Babylity" compatible.

Hopefully, I am looking forward to release Rocko for later in this summer, along with the updates of DM and Duckula.

2 hours ago, TopKirby8305 said:

Any new updates on R.O.B to share Wlan?  :3

Good question. I am going to add a final hyper and any more compatibles for R.O.B's preview. He will be released as his beta for this August (Summer 2016), hopefully.

• 3 weeks later...