CvS Link by chuchoryu (Feb 24, 2016)

[PREVIEW]

CVS_Link_Recamp_by_chuchoryu.gif

[DOWNLOAD]

http://www.4shared.com/rar/LX54I1Y9ba/CFJ_Link.html?
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/Zlh5Aqwx3aBkNl6%2BEfM5cQ

[COMMENT]

=====<Move list>=====

*Boomerang: D, DF, F + Any Punch

*Arrow: D, DB, B + Any Punch

*Spinning: D, DB, B + Any Kick

Final Smash: D, DF, F, D, DF, F + Any Punch
*Use Lvl 1

=====<Features>=====
-is the 6th char I made from Nintendo *NEW*
-Color separation *NEW*
-Code Revamp *NEW*
-New SFX hit spark *NEW*
-New voices *NEW*
-New gameplay *NEW*
-Taun *NEW*
-Parry *NEW*
-Gauge charge *NEW*

=====<What's Missing>=====

-More Hyrule Warriors and Smash bros moves
-Bombs
-Grab
-Intro & Ending
-More sounds
-More intros and win
-Special intro vs Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik, Shadow Link, Majoras Maks and Linkle
-Stage

=====<Special Thanks>=====

ramzaneko: I use his Link model as a base (only 1 srpite)...(dont angry mi amigo, Im not try to steal your work is a edit, if you need take this one)
KingCharz, Chaos Dante & Ermac Won/EMW: I use his char Link (dont angry camarades, Im not try to steal your work is a edit, if you need take this one)
Nintendo: For create the aesome The Legen Of Zelda games!!
Elecytebyte: For make Mugen
And you: for download this character, you rocks!!

Once again Chuchoryu out does himself. Great WIP! Makes me nervous about my Link not measuring up now LOL

Man he's a mugen making machine. I don't know how he keeps up this ridiculous pace. These are the numbers I drew up on releases and wips and chuchoryu is like a lion compared to the rest of us. He's in a league of his own!

chuchoryu        104
Ax                83
O Ilusionista     55+
zvitor            36
Seanality         28
acey              27
warner            26
wlanaiax          21
gladicloud        19
jetgoshi          18
jessicasmoke      16
ddr               14
arkday            13
Buyog             12
dcat              11
magus             11+
Andrés Borghi     11
Binho             10

:dead:

2 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

Quality over quantity.

Well said...and chuchoryu suffers in the quality department. I'll check this Link out, but I don't have high hopes for it after his other characters...

EDIT: Here's what I've found so far:

-Boomerangs disappear when he turns around.

-Light and Medium kicks do around the same amount of damage.

-The bow is practically useless as it does very little damage and knocks over the opponent...if they're on the ground. If the opponent is in the air, they can be infinitely juggled with the bow AND it doesn't count as a combo, though the damage it deals is so low that you'd need a lot of patience in order to defeat an opponent like this.

-Light Punch -> Medium Punch -> Heavy Punch works, but none of the kicks can be chained into one another nor can they chain into any of the punches. They can only chain into special abilities and the final smash.

Well to be fair this isn't a final release, this is a first release of Link by Chuchoryu. There are always incomplete stuff in alphas and betas. Stuff isn't really done until a final release where everything gets ironed out, changed, and upgraded or completely removed depending if it worked or not.

Chuchoryu releases a lot of alphas and betas and hardly updates anything but he has gone back and updated a few of his works.

For an alpha or a beta I don't judge it like a complete final release but rather just on what it is so far. I like it because of the design and how it has working moves.

Here's a video btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzelARWU5XU

It's not bad for an alpha/beta here. It does quite a bit and works enough to be usable. Of course it has some things it could improved but all in all it's okay in my book for an alpha/beta.

and for the record, I tend to like both quantity and quality :P But I'll let stuff slide if I like it to. :OhYeah:

1 hour ago, EndercreeperMugen said:

Good sprites, not so good gameplay, although you could say this for most of Chuchoryu's characters.

This!

Doesn't matter if this is chucho's first new character from the different franchise he's not used to do, or he does sometime update some of his old beta/alpha character, the fact about chucho remain the same. Chuchoryu is actually a nice person if you met him, and I also like most of his sprite work, it does look better from time to time. But when it comes to gameplay, there you go...I prefer he just focus on making the sprite work, while let others code his character, this is one of the many things that people keep telling him.

2 hours ago, NEON 7 said:

Wow, people still say that? What is this, 2015?

Get that "current/previous year" excuse outta here! What the other two said stands true; I'll admit that Chuchoryu's sprites are top notch, easily some of the best sprites out there compared to others, but his characters usually play like complete crap. This Link is no different; it has its positives(nothing that makes him super broken) and negatives(has some exploitables), but overall it's not that great of a character, even for an alpha/beta release. If he wants something that's really good, he'd be better off partnering with a really good coder or something to create something that exceeds his previous..."creations", I suppose. I would hope that he would do that for this like, but I doubt it considering how his previous characters are and some other occurrences in the past.

4 hours ago, Dragon Sam said:

This!

Doesn't matter if this is chucho's first new character from the different franchise he's not used to do, or he does sometime update some of his old beta/alpha character, the fact about chucho remain the same. Chuchoryu is actually a nice person if you met him, and I also like most of his sprite work, it does look better from time to time. But when it comes to gameplay, there you go...I prefer he just focus on making the sprite work, while let others code his character, this is one of the many things that people keep telling him.

Yeah his spritework is quite good but yeah coding definitely needs to be left to someone else.  The Kozue he made for me has sprite disappearence problems.  I'm hoping my friend DarkLuigi can fix that in addition to the Link.  They both have got great potential.

2 hours ago, A person said:

Get that "current/previous year" excuse outta here! What the other two said stands true; I'll admit that Chuchoryu's sprites are top notch, easily some of the best sprites out there compared to others, but his characters usually play like complete crap. This Link is no different; it has its positives(nothing that makes him super broken) and negatives(has some exploitables), but overall it's not that great of a character, even for an alpha/beta release. If he wants something that's really good, he'd be better off partnering with a really good coder or something to create something that exceeds his previous..."creations", I suppose. I would hope that he would do that for this like, but I doubt it considering how his previous characters are and some other occurrences in the past.

I'm not making excuses as I saw a lot of comments in the past year with that one word in particluar. People just sound when they include that word in their posts(and they do). Not that I'm trying to be rude.

That said, I sentiment everyone's thoughts on chuchoryu's work.

On 26/02/2016 at 4:35 PM, AxSeeker said:

Well to be fair this isn't a final release, this is a first release of Link by Chuchoryu. There are always incomplete stuff in alphas and betas. Stuff isn't really done until a final release where everything gets ironed out, changed, and upgraded or completely removed depending if it worked or not.

Chuchoryu never finishes his characters.

Yeah just about every thread it is requested that chuchoryu should not make alphas and betas. I think we all got that message by now :P Especially chuchoryu but the man wants to share alphas and betas so either download and try what he has so far or just don't and hold off for a final when he finally decides to go back and complete something fully.

also, @Lord M

he does update them but with so many it would be hard to finish even one. Also there is no problem in having so many wips; people like alphas and betas over nothing at all. At least we are getting alphas and betas. It would be better to get whole and complete characters to no doubt but alphas and betas are okay to though if that's all he's offering right now. I still take them and keep some of them to; even if a little buggy or incomplete in a few areas. It's not a real big deal considering it's alpha or beta. It takes time to figure out what a launcher will be or whether a character needs another high punch. It's a process and sometimes creators release alphas or betas to get opinions/feedback on what should probably change and what should stay. Also how else do you get bug reports unless you release something and have other users who test this stuff against other mugen characters to find these bugs. A creator needs help you know! Also creators aren't flawless either, sometimes we miss stuff. Making mugen has a ton of work and it's easy to lose track of something or to forget something else we needed to do.

21 minutes ago, AxSeeker said:

Yeah just about every thread it is requested that chuchoryu should not make alphas and betas. I think we all got that message by now :P Especially chuchoryu but the man wants to share alphas and betas so either download and try what he has so far or just don't and hold off for a final when he finally decides to go back and complete something fully.

also, @Lord M

he does update them but with so many it would be hard to finish even one. Also there is no problem in having so many wips; people like alphas and betas over nothing at all. At least we are getting alphas and betas. It would be better to get whole and complete characters to no doubt but alphas and betas are okay to though if that's all he's offering right now. I still take them and keep some of them to; even if a little buggy or incomplete in a few areas. It's not a real big deal considering it's alpha or beta. It takes time to figure out what a launcher will be or whether a character needs another high punch. It's a process and sometimes creators release alphas or betas to get opinions/feedback on what should probably change and what should stay. Also how else do you get bug reports unless you release something and have other users who test this stuff against other mugen characters to find these bugs. A creator needs help you know! Also creators aren't flawless either, sometimes we miss stuff. Making mugen has a ton of work and it's easy to lose track of something or to forget something else we needed to do.

Agree with Ax.

But yeah enough ranting over Chu.  Almost all of his works are incomplete yes but you know what?  What's holding any of us back from taking these characters further?  Nothing!  So if you wish to add & enhance the characters go for it!