Saitama (One Punch Man)

BoyBoyz

This is the walking cheat Saitama from One Punch Man anime/manga. No matter how strong you think your character is, he will always be stronger.

He lacks signature voices, hit/guard sparks, good intros, and special effects.  But all his signature moves are done (D,DF,F + x/y/z/a/b/c)

I plan to complete him soon.

Feel free to offer help / suggestions in terms of more sprites, special effects on the punches, etc. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Punches that don't defeat the opponent in one hit?!

What kind of heresy is this?! :kappa:

Let's not turn this guy into a cheap character, now.
Sure, he might have a 12th pal mode that makes him live up to his title (no word if the creator will actually implement it, though), but what I'm rooting for is that the main character itself is fair and balanced instead of stupidly broken.

He should stay kind of a joke character, like that one Dr. Manhattan character. Make it where he never flinches except at a combo over 15 hits. He only falls or gets knocked in the air at a 10+ combo at the legs. He can die, give all his power bar attacks OHKO. Non-Serious Punch (-1500 Life), Semi-Serious Punch(-3000 Life), Serious Punch (OHKO, knocks enemy completely out the screen and out the stage, even giant bosses). He should never ever be a "balanced" character, keep him true to himself.

Maybe future updates can have special intros or deaths. Like meeting Slender Man, or any of the cheap characters, when they do their intro, he just goes "Ok.". With Dark Ruler's characters, maybe give Spirazzi and Lotus special sprites with that funnel hole wound in their head, that flies off screen off their body. Have a special intro with the giant red Dragon, where the dragon appears, but instead of his evil laugh, he gets a sweat drop and says "Oh, hell no!" and flies off givine a instant win. 2nd round he doesnt appear and just hear his demonic voice go "Nope." Instant win again.

Goku's Kamehameha and Superman's heat vision, he just stands there unaffected, and after its done, he just goes "Are you done?"

6 hours ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

I admire your determination to keep him accurate to the source material, but M.U.G.E.N isn't about power levels. It's about emulating a proper fighting game.

I'd agree with you on that were it not for the fact that not all characters have to be balanced because it has to "emulate a proper fighting game." The character can be made in any way the author wants it to be, and if you don't like the way it is, well, just don't download it. I have plenty examples of characters that, in no way, emulate a proper fighting game.  Anyway, he looks pretty good right now. If I had the ability to, I'd gladly help you out with the sprites, but all I can offer are words of encouragement for now so hopefully you can get time to finish him soon!

Theres so much thats not the video :D hes actually 60% complete. 

Im making a character in mugen that is accurate to th anime source, not to a fighting game. Mugen is that beautiful because it can convert dreams into reality. My dream for saitama is to be a walking cheat/joke character.  But ill make him interesting enough that his cheapness doesnt spoil the fun

Just now, A person said:

I'd agree with you on that were it not for the fact that not all characters have to be balanced because it has to "emulate a proper fighting game." The character can be made in any way the author wants it to be, and if you don't like the way it is, well, just don't download it. I have plenty examples of characters that, in no way, emulate a proper fighting game.  Anyway, he looks pretty good right now. If I had the ability to, I'd gladly help you out with the sprites, but all I can offer are words of encouragement for now so hopefully you can get time to finish him soon!

Im making a character in mugen that is accurate to th anime source, not to a fighting game. Mugen is that beautiful because it can convert dreams into reality. My dream for saitama is to be a walking cheat/joke character.  But ill make him interesting enough that his cheapness doesnt spoil the fun

dedede