Dixie Kong SSB Wins!

Superkingkong65

That's right folks! After about 4 days, I had the topic up,"What character do you think I should make for Mugen?"

Results

Dixie Kong Super Smash Bros - 5 votes

Anna Frozen: Double Trouble - 3 votes

Dart The Legend of Dragoon - 2 votes

Jekyll Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - 1 vote

Everyone else - 0 votes

Now that is out of the way, I am going to tell you this. I will make videos showing off Dixie Kong SSB's progress.

So stay tuned!

Cool. Can you post a stance or a single sprite or something, just to get started and to let us know what we're in for?

This is going to be the snes sprite right? Or is this a 3D model of some sort? Please show us something!

On 2/22/2016 at 3:00 PM, AxSeeker said:

Cool. Can you post a stance or a single sprite or something, just to get started and to let us know what we're in for?

This is going to be the snes sprite right? Or is this a 3D model of some sort? Please show us something!

I am using SNES DKC2 and SNES DKC3 Dixie Kong sprites

3QvuxNE.gif   - Stance

pMjIFou.gif  - Lose

72IHeKD.gif  - Walk

iKR3ARC.gif  - Run

If I can figure out how to code the percentage and the icon system that you see in some SSB mugen characters than...

NCdtIt5.gif  - Win Icon

WvPMIGf.gif  - Lose Icon

Great news!

And if i could recommend, use a Super Smash bros mugen character as a template to help you organize and code most of the stuff all ready for you. I mean it's going to be basically the same format so just use a short cut.

Anyway, great to see progress. Now this feels like a real wip.

10 minutes ago, superkingkong65 said:

But isn't that sprite-swapping?

Well no, it depends how much work you do to make it its own character. Look smash bros characters all have the same jump buttons, the same shield/block button, etc. You just use the template character for that, but you're not going to make a Mario clone, you're going to do a Dixie kong. You change the voice, then create your own attacks with original ideas. You have to redo the collision boxes to and everything to fit Dixie Kong.

It's only a sprite swap if you only change the sprites but leave everything exactly the same. That's why sprite swaps aren't that great.

But it's not a sprite swap if you actually do enough work to make it completely different from the source. A template is just a style layout to work from with sound fxs from a game where many characters share the same thing, such as the hit sounds, announcer, and bg splash fxs. That's a how a template works. It's just so you have all the same features that the characters from those games have so people will see and say, "oh yeah, this is just like smash bros because of the same controls, announcer, fxs, and hitsounds"

Just now, AxSeeker said:

Well no, it depends how much work you do to make it its own character. Look smash bros characters all have the same jump buttons, the same shield/block button, etc. You just use the template character for that, but you're not going to make a Mario clone, you're going to do a Dixie kong. You change the voice, then create your own attacks with original ideas.

It's only a sprite swap if you only change the sprites but leave everything exactly the same. That's why sprite swaps aren't that great.

But it's not a sprite swap if you actually do enough work to make it completely different from the source. A template is just a style layout to work from with sound fxs from a game where many characters share the same thing, such as the hit sounds, announcer, and bg splash fxs. That's a how a template works. It's just so you have all the same features that the characters from those games have so people will see and say, "oh yeah, this is just like smash bros because of the same controls, announcer, fxs, and hitsounds"

Hmm... Now I understand.