[R-18] Amanda (Strip Fighter IV)

Zzyzzyxx

First, my thanks. The character is with good gameplay, this is the controls are perfect.
I'm not very good with the Mugen system, then inform how is character development as a player:
- The super armor during the special kick is good, being canceled when hit twice in a row by the opponent;
- In the special kick causes the opponent to fall a little higher, thereby facilitating the execution of combos;
- A.I. needs some tweaking, because when I put CPU vs CPU, the characters is long standing and performs a few special moves, leaving only the special kicks;
- Increase slightly damage the special STRIP;
- The Special KO screen is good, just need to adjust one thing: this phase has the background items disappear for a few seconds, but returns;
- Insert more color alternatives for the character.

Happy New Year Rimu and good luck in creating the character, I liked a lot.

Congratulations !!!

On 31/12/2015 at 9:39 AM, #Ultimate Fernaum said:

- A.I. needs some tweaking, because when I put CPU vs CPU, the characters is long standing and performs a few special moves, leaving only the special kicks;

I'm sorry. Her AI is still incomplete. Gonna work on it soon.

- Increase slightly damage the special STRIP;

The damage of that move depends on how low Amanda's life points are.

- Insert more color alternatives for the character.

Gonna try it. It's difficult to create colors for her, because her palette has over 100 colors. But some palettes of the source game are beautiful and I'll like to reproduce them.

New beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ab054405v2a8ijd/amanda_z_beta_2016_01_02.rar

* Fixed a critical bug that happened when she and an opponent traded hits and both were sent flying. Sometimes she refused at all to get up from liedown, forcing a restart of the round.

* Tried to fixed the SuperBG Finish so that it appears even if she and the opponent trade hits. Didn't notice any bug so far.

* Fixed a bug in the Strip Combo system where she wouldn't receive a letter if the opponent fall from a Stun Attack and she performed another so that it hit right when the opponent gets up.

* Added extra visual effects to Final Spiral Driver.

Enjoy.

9 hours ago, Rimu said:

I'm sorry. Her AI is still incomplete. Gonna work on it soon.

The damage of that move depends on how low Amanda's life points are.

Gonna try it. It's difficult to create colors for her, because her palette has over 100 colors. But some palettes of the source game are beautiful and I'll like to reproduce them.

New beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ab054405v2a8ijd/amanda_z_beta_2016_01_02.rar

* Fixed a critical bug that happened when she and an opponent traded hits and both were sent flying. Sometimes she refused at all to get up from liedown, forcing a restart of the round.

* Tried to fixed the SuperBG Finish so that it appears even if she and the opponent trade hits. Didn't notice any bug so far.

* Fixed a bug in the Strip Combo system where she wouldn't receive a letter if the opponent fall from a Stun Attack and she performed another so that it hit right when the opponent gets up.

* Added extra visual effects to Final Spiral Driver.

Enjoy.

Very good upgrade. Now the background items do not disappear after the Special KO. Just a little problem I found: the end of the strip Final Atamic Buster (do not know what the scam name hahahaha), the sound of the last hit out late when this blow not defeat the opponent. But if ends the opponent, the sound is okay, without any delay.

New beta.

The previous version was borderline unplayable due to the absurd ammount of bugs. I'm really sorry. This version has so many fixes that listing all the changes wouldn't even be practical.

No new moves yet, but the AI is more complete now.

Download 06-01-2016 version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tw9uo4ahv2a29l4/amanda_z_beta_2016_01_06.rar

New beta.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wrah838gaxnw1uy/amanda_z_beta_2016_01_13.rar

* New Strip Combo: Breast Typhoon ( qcb-1.gifqcb-1.gif + A+ B )

* Fixed the recovery commands to the buttons A, B, C and X instead of A. B. X and Y. d_zps22b97823.gif still works as usual.

* Bonus damage for Strip Combos was reduced.

Instead of the previous bonus values of

16.66, 33.33, 50.00 and 50.00%

the new bonus are

12.50, 25.00, 37.50 and 37.50%, making a maximum bonus of 75% instead of 100%

* In the other hand, the base damage of Strip Combos is now increased.

* In the third hand (???), I'm gonna add later on the possibility of choosing only 1 Strip Combo, and if you decide to have both available their power will be dropped, like Ultra Street IV.

* Tweaked some visual elements to resemble more the source game.

* AI is more complete nd has a cleaner code.

* Hopefully fixed a bug where the S-T-R-I-P letters occasionally stopped appearing during the round. Normally this happened if she was hit by two attacks / projectiles at once.

* Throws now allow tech hit if opponent is at the state 52 (landing from a jump), like Street Fighter IV. My previous chars also are going to have this fix included in later revisions.

I'm really sorry for not adding extra palettes, sexy KO and other visual elements yet. The release version will be definitely more complete, but at the moment the bugfixes and gameplay balancement are my biggest priority. But I'm definitely considering all suggestions and comments.

New beta. And probably the final one before the release.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/667e8933gm8rk71/amanda_z_2016_01_15.rar

* Added Sexy KO. It's disabled by default, though, and can be re-enabled in her config file.

* Rewrote the juggle system from scratch in an attempt to fix small bugs that kept popping up.

* Rewrote the AI. Its codes are more simple and efficient now.

* Improved the interaction between projectiles and Stun Attack Cancels.

* Fixed a few bugs in Throw Escape codes. In addition, if one of the fighters is cornered during the process of teching her throw, the one who isn't cornered receives an increase in the pushback. Again, all my previous chars will show these new improvements as well in future releases.

* Tweaked her Strip Combos so that the can cause the Sexy KO in every compatible girl even during throws.

* Other minor fixes.

Now the only thing that's missing for a release, I believe, are the Strip Combo Selection feature and extra palettes.

And EX Moves, but I really dislike Ex moves and I don't feel actually like I would enjoy adding them.

• 1 month later...

New beta.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sb6gfgm78l3libw/amanda_z_2016_02_29.rar

* I managed to replicate the bug mentioned by DivineWolf about her Breast Typhoon not causing damage to P2.

If the opponent wasn't facing her when hit by her super he didn't turn during the cinematic animation. Hence his blue hitbox got misaligned from her red hitbox, and her attack didn't hit him

(the damage to the opponent is dealt via a hitdef instead of Targetlifeadd. It was the only way I found to trigger the hentai KO on compatible characters)

* Fixed a bug where her projectile didn't follow the juggle restrictions like her melee moves did, enabling some ghetto combos.

* Spiral Driver has 0 startup (like Zangief, after all) and the damage was increased to 180.

* Strong Projectile can hit many crouching chars now, making it much more useful.

* Opponent's thershold to execution of ground recovery moves was reduced from 80 fixels above the floor to 48, re-enabling some combos like [QCB + HP > Stun Attack] that got removed previously.

* Changed the states involving the strip gauge from statedef 6500 to statedef 8050 and moved all the codes to the end of the relevant document, in a desperate attempt to remove once and for all the bug when the S-T-R-I-P letters stop showing up occasionally.

I mean, when facing Daniel9999999's Morrigan in Training Mode her letters didn't show up at all. What makes this bug so urgent is that the relevant codes are based on Inma's sauper gauge bar and Inma doesn't show this problem at all. I believe the new attempts to fix it brought results now.

That's it for now. It took a long time for a new fix but the possibility of working on Bella and Yuki is more concrete now. Amanda thankfully feels much more solid than before.

Sorry for not bringing any news about Mugen projects for so long. I'm still busy not only drawing, but also practicing Japanese language. I hardly played Mugen during this month.

• 3 weeks later...

New beta. And really close to the final version. No major bugs detected.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/am7dg07p4wbdwm6/amanda_z_2016_03_19.rar

* Tweaked the power gain in all of her moves, so that she receives some more power overall, especially during her throws.

* The formula used for damage dampener now affects the power she receives during combos as well, like Street Fighter IV series. No more 5-bar combos.

* Crouching A doesn't move her forward anymore, making throw traps after that attack much easier and reliable.

* Spiral Driver has more reach and deals more damage.

* Other minor tweaks.

Final thoughts:

I don't think I'm gonna add EX moves, though. Anybody that played Strip IV will miss them, but I think that if she needs to rely on EX moves during a battle, it's a sign that her common special moves aren't good enough. Hence I focused my efforts in making her specials more reliable overall.

And I decided against the feature of choosing a single Strip Combo before a match. I feel that having both available increases her fun factor.