Which Mugen characters do you consider being so bad, it's good?

Solid Snivy

Otherwise known as them being guilty pleasures. The title speaks for itself. Kinda inspired from Weiss_Circal's "Most Disappointing Characters" topic.

For me, they would have to be Kal's MVC edits of the BlazBlue characters (and Naoto from Persona 4 Arena) and oscar12345's SNK edits (yeah, the dude that's known for his Furry No Revolution characters and the Mugen game of the same name). Mainly for the reason of being kinda fun and a bit challenging to fight against. Are they the best characters ever made? Obviously not, but to me it kinda feels like some kind of effort was put into making them and they tried to make it decent. Can't really explain how, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chalking up Latroy6's Sonic characters on the list. Again, for being fun to fight against, but for also having some interesting and kinda creative supers. And to be honest, his version of Cosmo is the most decent one to date.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/01/2016 at 8:31 AM, Dizzy™ said:

Suddenly, Adrian and Buzz Lightyear by Adrian comes to mind.

god why did you remind those abominations...

a ridiculous kiddie pallete zangief ( beat the crap out of him by the leekman ) and that his own character (i pummeled him 3 times of hell)

Alright, a pretty big list for me:

S. Nara's stuff, they're hilarious. I guess MugenX's characters, too.

This one Baby Mario I have. He's super cheap, lacks hitboxes on 99% of his animations, uses the EoH template, hypers don't connect right and doesn't have any specials. At least he has a intro and winquote portrait. I have taken down some pretty cheap characters with him.

The Mask by Juan Carlos. Many reasons, like strange move combinations, can do a few moves out of hitstun, and is pretty glitchy overall. I love The Mask, plus the cheap qualities are why I still have him.

This one Hammer Mario I have. He has choppy animation, DBZ SFX, and not many attacks, but the Hammer Suit's my favorite power-up, so...

Mugenmon by Hanahbahannah, or something like that. Just cause.

Sackboy by Jellyfishjosh. I like collecting KFM swaps and edits... And, I love LBP. But, he crashes Mugen sometimes.

Neo Sonic by Midnight Spirit and Trial Force. I like his sprites for some reason, and he can summon his friends. He's got a intro and ending, too...

SpongeBob by Felixmario (Both versions and any edits after.) If the Kinoshota version gets edited a bit, it would be really cool. As for the other version, I still prefer Felix's and co. to Madoldcrow's version any day, despite cool stuff like the Gary assist and the Diesel Dreamin hyper. I don't understand the new attacks for Infantry's edit, though.

3D Homer, the only one of two Homer characters who doesn't use Warner sprites. I liked that episode, too. The MK edit is funny because of his fatalities and the stupid glitches that come with MK Project characters.

MR. IBZS's Pac-Men, they're kinda classic characters.

Super Mario 64, hilarious and nostalgia reasons.

Stefanbandicoot's Crash, sadly my 2nd favorite Crash in Mugen, next to Fake Crash by Felixmario. His winpose is funny.

EugeneQ's Peach, her spriting totally makes up for her pretty bad coding...

PabloSSB's Bomberman, at least I think he made a really old and cheap one....

Wario (WL3) by vader, cheap as heck and uses EoH template, but using transformations from it as attacks are cool.

Rare Mario, OK, I like platformer/non-fighter characters turned into fighters... He's pretty unique, too.

Maritime's SSB characters, not all that bad, they have some unique attacks and sprites, their hypers are sometimes overpowered, and you can't use specials in air sometimes.

Finally, SMA4 Mario by Tako & Higure. Yeah, doesn't face his opponent automatically, has very few attacks, is really glitchy, and has Dio's K.O. voice, but mainly is here because of the above reason. Actually, I guess all characters they made can go here...

10 minutes ago, BarnacleBill said:

This one Hammer Mario I have. He has choppy animation, DBZ SFX, and not many attacks, but the Hammer Suit's my favorite power-up, so...

I think I know which one you're talking about. I think it was made by Fawfulfan. In fact, all of Fawfulfan's SMBZ creations could fall under this category.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...