Fighter Factory 3 beta

O Ilusionista

Straight from VirutallTek's post (I can believe nobody noticied this yet):

WARNING: keep an eye at Guild's topic for more recent news http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=137126.0

Hello,

Today, I'm releasing Fighter Factory 3 Beta to the public. This program is a hard work of one year, sorry for the long delay, but isn't easy to make a professional strength tool like this.

It has some great improvements:

- Very fast.

- Smooth.

- Supports Windows 7 features.

- Multi-platform.

- Highly customizable.

- Can create and edit more than just characters.

- Uses a caching system that supports compression + filtering.

- New text editor capabilities like code folding and syntax validation.

- Supports OpenGL for rendering.

- Fully unicode.

Briefy description

Fighter Factory 3 is a full featured M.U.G.E.N. editor. Using it, you can create and edit characters, stages, fonts, and everything you want. This new version provides full support for M.U.G.E.N. Beta and 1.x versions.

Now, you can use the interface that you want, like Classic and Ultimate versions of Fighter Factory. In addition, you have the Neo interface, with more options and a better look.

Fighter Factory isn't an automated program. It provide all possible tools and functions to allow the user to use your creativity and make your projects in a fast and easy way. The program will not do all the work for you. http://mugenfreeforall.com/public/style_emoticons//wink.png

Important notes

It's still in the beta stage, because I want to add more features that will need caution.

Make sure that you backup everything if you don't want to loss any data (when you open Fighter Factory you assume all risks, your data is your responsability).

The AIR full text editor is disabled for now. I'm working on a better way to manage this and allow to edit animations in the DEF too.

The Lua scripting system is functional, but I not finished all "bindings", to allow Lua to see Fighter Factory code and use it.

Main features

- Interface similar to Classic and Ultimate versions.

- Support for M.U.G.E.N. Beta and bellow, including the private 1.1 Alpha.

- Improved backup functionality (sub-folder with the current time/date each backup).

- Improved Run in M.U.G.E.N. function (allow more than one M.U.G.E.N. to be defined).

- Supports Undo/Redo in SFF and SND (AIR with the full text mode).

- Quick find mode to easy and fast search in any editor (Backward, Circular, RegExp, Case sensivity).

- DEF in text mode.

- Supports Cut/Copy/Paste in SFF.

- Better image editing capabilities.

- New interesting functions: 'split RGB channels' and 'Save sprites (aligned)' in SFF and 'Use this CLSNs in all other instances of this frame' (AIR).

- Palette editor similar to the Classic version, with more functions.

- Better GIF generation: time accurate and LZW compressed.

- Fast CLSN creation: you just need to draw the CLSN in the place you want.

- Multi-selection of CLSNs.

- Remove all selected CLSNs with Delete and move with the arrow keys.

- Highlights the full M.U.G.E.N. syntax and check errors.

- Syntax error navigation.

- Function to toggle comments in all selected lines (line start).

- Integrated documentation.

- Import/Export SFF, AIR and SND.

- Customization of keyboard shortcuts.

- Text encoding detection to convert from multi-byte to unicode encodings (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Arabic, ... support).

- Hierarchical list of text groups/blocks (tree).

- Dynamic code snippet system.

Screenshots

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Bug reporting

When reporting a problem, include any error message / screenshot, steps to reproduce the problem, more detailed informations like current editor, last used function and send any useful file (Fighter Factory error report or log) or the file that you are currently working in (I promise, it don't will be leaked).

Optionally, you can include the type of the bug:

- Heisenbug: a bug that disappears or alters its characteristics when an attempt is made to study it. by [jacob]

- Hindenbug: a catastrophic data destroying bug - "Oh the humanity!". by [mike-robinson]

- Counterbug: a bug you present when presented with a bug caused by the person presenting the bug. by [mike-robinson]

- Bloombug: a bug that accidentally generates money. by [mike-robinson]

- Schrödinbug: refers to a function/feature that appears to fluctuate between buggy and correct (like Schrödinger's cat, fluctuating between alive and dead), until somebody looks at the source code (opens the box), at which point it becomes permanently bugged. by [aaronaught]

- Loch Ness Monster Bug: a bug which cannot be reproduced or has only been sighted by one person. by [russau] (Also, Bugfoot is a great alternative).

- UFO bug: a bug presented by customers, who, even when they're shown that it doesn't exist, will repeatedly report it again and again, believing it is real. by [Tuqui]

- Mad girlfriend bug: a bug whose immediate effect remains hidden - the app outwardly seems to function normally and tells you that everything is fine. by [jeduan-cornejo]

Finally, I'm interested on Bloombug bugs. http://mugenfreeforall.com/public/style_emoticons//biggrin.png

Acknowledgements

{_Carnificina_}, Beatrice, vans, Legendary XM-90 for the great help in all previous versions.

Cyanide, Cybaster, Jesuszilla, Juano16, Liero, O Ilusionista, RajaaBoy, Zero-Sennin for the best possible private beta testing of the current version and the help in previous versions too (these are my idols).

Kain the Supreme, KoopaKoot, Maximilianjenus, PotS, for accepting my invitation but didn'thave time/conditions to test.

(DG), _Josue_, AnArquia B, Angel, Awesome, Binho, Carnavalesco-Man, Chon Wang, Don Drago, Doom, Duende Macabro, Erradicator, Ex Inferis, Ex Shadow, FerchogtX, Fervicante, Godita, Pao, Hero, Hiei SSJ, Iced, InicianteZERO, MabsKMK, MadkaT, MalaDingDong, Mantovao, Misamu, Poemi Watanabe, Raposo, Rednavi, Riptide, Sal-azul, Sam, SpyderBoy, Superleosam, Toninho 3rd, Toshio, Vans, xande, xursinix, Yin Yang, to be part of the Fighter Factory's history, with feedback and suggestions.

Comunity of the forums Mugen Fighters Guild, MugenBR, Pão de Mugen (all others included indirectly).

Elecbyte to make this buggy engine and give me problems (you don't know why) http://mugenfreeforall.com/public/style_emoticons//tongue.png

Important! You need to download the first link before installing any update! Many people are downloading only the last update.

Windows version (3.0.770) - http://www.mediafire.com/?b8anefef2siynt5

Linux version (3.0.700) - http://www.mediafire.com/?q5z2avwvn4aujz1

You will need the lastest packages of:

- libPhonon4

- libQtCore4

- libQtGui4

- libQtNetwork4

- libQtOpenGL4

- libQtWebKit4

- libQtXML

No more, El Psy Congroo!

First post updated with an importante program update.

----------------------------------------------------------

Copy from my MFG post since it have some important info:

Keep in mind that FF3 was targeted, mainly, for Mugen 1.0. This is one discussion I had with Virtualltek long time ago.

Winmugen is old, bugged and we need to focus on the newer versions. Its compatible with Winmugen, but its not the main target of the program. VT even added some Mugen 1.1 features.

So there are things you reported which doesn't makes any sense, for example:

Posted Image

This isn't something from FF, it comes from Mugen itself. If you wanna use shared palette sprites, everyone knows (or should know) that we need to group then toghter and if you add a non shared palette sprite, EVERY sprite after it won't share the first palette. This was changed back on Winmugen release.

So, that is just a warning/remember to the lazy creator http://mugenfreeforall.com/public/style_emoticons//smile.png If you wanna fix it, just use the sprite organizer, which were rebuild and now it organize the sprites based on its palette too, which is an amazing thing.

Can you make option for enable/disable this window? Not very interesting to receive it anytime, especially during stage creation.

You are doing something wrong. I've using FF3 for almost everything I've released since the start of the developement and I NEVER received this message doing stages. You will receive it just if you open old chars or if you doing something wrong.

Posted Image

And also for this, unnecessary display it when working with SFF#1.

I think you don't got it. Its asking if you wanna save the palettes too, by extracting from the SFF. Mugen 1.0 doesn't uses palettes like winmugen (you can use if you want) but the palettes are build inside of the SFF.

+ Not able to check "shared palette" for SFF#1, because that option deleted now.(

Geez, because you don't need it anymore --;

Again, as I said before, this was changed back at winmugen release. Open FF3 and insert a image, you will see it showing the palette on the right. If you add another image wich shares the same palette, it will automatically use that palette and group the image. When you add a image wich doens't use that palette, it won't used the shared palette. Simple like that.

And, like I said, everyone should know that if you add a image with the shared palette then you add an image which doesn't share the previous palette, it won't allow you to insert a image wich uses the first palette after the last image.

Update 5 - http://www.mediafire.com/?53zv4ocppuu724m

- Fixed a small problem in the code folding

- You will be asked to save external palettes only if the current project is a character

- Fixed a crash when closing the first tab in the States editor

- Fixed some problems in the change image function

- Characters takes priority over storyboard. Storyboards inside the character DEF will be supported later

I like the older version more the any of the newer version

I rly have no use for it since it makes making pals so much harder...so even tho i can open SFFv2 i was only opening it for pals....which I can no longer make

So, simply don't use it http://mugenfreeforall.com/public/style_emoticons//smile.png

You know...people are weird. Someone works hard to make a new version, with more tools, spend months on it...and people stick to older version and blame the newer one. Seriousle, whats is wrong with you guys? Remember HOW MUCH you've paid for this program...

This disappoints me SO much that I was thinking to not update the topic with the newer version...but I will do it in respect of the other users.

New update in the first post.

Changed the Apply button in the Options window to confirm the changes without closing the window

Changed the 'Insert palette in the images' function to ignore the Alpha channel when the source image is RGB only

Automatically press the next button when you hit Enter in a line edit control on the Quick search

Added an option to disable the current line navigation

Color capture in the SFF editor locks the sprite (prevent from moving)

Fixed a crash after changing the interface preset

Added an option to force the SFF editor to switch to the current AIR editor sprite

Improved the change image function (only ask for palette if the source image have a different one)

Fixed small problems in the syntax highlight

Fixed a problem with the "only indexes" of the Import from another project function

Fixed many bugs in the Image editor (undo/redo, crop, resize, filters)

Automatically adjust the image indexes when editing the palette (Image editor)

You can use enter to do the first search now. Any other search must be done with the Space key (Qt works this way).

If anyone wants to use "regular" templates on FF3 just take a look inside the folder scripts/project/Template. I added the Winane AI activation template. You can add new ones in the same way.

• 2 weeks later...

Mugen 1.0 still has issues in sound buffer, as well as the movecontact/movehit issue regarding the process of creating move chains and combos and plenty of other problems. This is why I still use winmugen with FF Ultimate 2.6 (which I've used since I started mugeneering). If these problems are fixed in 1.1 then I will happily switch over. One more thing, will this version allow me to or ever provide: • The option to insert entire groupno of sprites into an Anim when editing animations instead of adding each sprite of the group individually? • allow me to move group sprites with the proper sort (like moving char sprites that were placed with explode effects next to the rest of the other char sprites, other than using the sprite organization feature) • provide playback of sounds I want to use in CNS when frequency of sound has been altered? • add angle change to rest of group sprites when first sprite angle is altered? Other than angle controllers. I would be a very happy person if these were available.