*Goku Final 4th Release

AxSeeker

Goku

VdZSNua.gif

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6h5h19jh6bj7rc5/Goku.zip

Space Required ~100 MB.

This is a Custom Goku and is non-canon to the show, however it is loosely based on a lot of DBZ, including, manga, games, and TV Show/Movies. Many other mugen Gokus were used in the making of this Goku; these resources are not mine. For more info visit old wip/release threads. Enjoy this compilation/Edit of The Legendary Saiyan Warrior! ;)

Feel free to host and upload anywhere. Do not credit me. Everything I edit is open source to the public. This is absolutely non-profit and is strictly fan art. No commissions were accepted for this fan art. Do not pay for this in any way or give any kind of donation to me or anyone else. This is absolutely free and absolutely non-profit. Do not sell mugen or any of this please. It is illegal to do so. For best results, use a long distance stage. This character has infinites and many unblockable attacks. Expect bugs and errors. This is not a clean edit in any way nor is it properly coded. This character is overpowered....just like the TV series Goku. Enjoy. XD

Support a Free Mugen Community!

*Elecbyte

*Mugen Fighters Guild

*MugenFreeForAll

*Mugen Archive

*Mugen Characters

*Goku Final 4th Release/Update 2015*

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Goku movelist

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Z Specials;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;Taunt
 s

;Vanishing Speed
 x+y

;Power up
 x+y+z

;Super Jump/Fly Mode
a+b+c  or  D,U

;Stop Fly Mode
D,D

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Specials;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;Mighty Blast of Rage
 ~D, DF, F, y or x

;Spirit Bomb
 ~D, DB, B, y or x

;Aura Energy Pulse
 ~D, DF, F, b or a

;Flying Charge Attack
 ~D, DB, B, b or a

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Supers/Hypers;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;KaMeHa Beam
 ~D, DF, F, x+y

;KaMeHa Wave
 ~D, DB, B, x+y

;Super Saiyan Attack
 ~D, DB, B, a+b

;Super Spirit Bomb Attack
 ~D, DF, F, a+b

;Saiyan Transformation
 ~D, DF, F, y+b

;Super Kaiokan
 ~D, DB, B, y+b

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Grab Attacks;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;???
A or B or X or Y at close distance

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;The End;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Updated. 11/4/15

I don't usually post on here (MFG is were I mostly hang out) but I feel that I need to post some feedback on this character.

• Standing X, Y, A, B, and C have no priority (The blue CLSN covers all of the red CLSN which causes trades more often)
  • Standing Z, has infinite priority (No blue frame to go with the red frame)
  • Standing B, and Z are infinites (if the first kick hits that is)
  • Standing C allows the opponent to air recover
  • The crouching attack priority's have the same issues as the standing attack priority's (also same the air attack priority's)
  • I don't get why crouching B is blockable mid but crouching C is not
  • Air Y and Z aren't overheads
  • Air C allows the opponent to air recover after the first hit
  • QCF, any punch is unblockable
  • QCF, any kick you can just keep on spamming it (in which it just layers on top of itself) to the point were you can 100% your opponent
  • QCB, any punch is infiniteable if timed right
  • QCF, x+y is unblockable and does no damage
  • QCF, a+b is only blockable in air?
  • QCF, x+a, b+y, and c+z doesn't exactly announce it's a grab (maybe put the opponent in stunned stance) and it's gains power back
  • QCB, a+b gets back power (and then takes it away?)
  • QCB, x+y gains back power
  • Why is every super a level 3 super and do most of the supers not have super pause
  • Why does he have a super jump if he has no launcher
  • The kick normal grab causes the opponent to glitch out
  • Why does this character have two standing anims? (on a little better than the other)
  • Why doesn't this character have a power charge (for being a DBZ character that is)
  • Any attack in his flight mode gains back power at an abnormal rate
  • Why is Z in his flight mode only blockable in air 
  • B and C aren't overheads in his flight mode
  • The projectile that his C attack causes doesn't delete completely (do CRTL+C and look at how many helpers are still left on screen)
  • His CLSNs need work
  • His turn around anim has red frames for what reason

D,DF,F,+ PP = no damage

I cut the sndpack to 50 MB for mine, alot of the long songs can be taken out

No super armor?

POTS and MugenMundo chars have FX you can use for him

No power charge?

Some of the spirtes need to be steadied

His ai is good. Not all chars need hard ai. Naw.

That Oozaru super is INSANE, I LOVE that.

Other than that, i gotta admit hes fun. Hes extremely fast and can land alot of blows. It makes him feel like goku in the show. He has alot of potential

Well i like the feedback so far. I think i just may use it all to improve this. As soon as i can get my hands on a working laptop again ill check this out again. I am currently using cellphone internet. Long story. Thanks again everyone.

I don't usually post on here (MFG is were I mostly hang out) but I feel that I need to post some feedback on this character.

• Standing X, Y, A, B, and C have no priority (The blue CLSN covers all of the red CLSN which causes trades more often)
  • Standing Z, has infinite priority (No blue frame to go with the red frame)
  • Why doesn't this character have a power charge (for being a DBZ character that is)
  • His turn around anim has red frames for what reason

@Amidweiz,

My main questions are about these; I'll address the others soon to.

What should be over the other? Should the red be in the inside or the outside of the blue?  No one has corrected me on this so far on this issue. :P

What do you mean by power charge? Like filling up the super/hyper bar under the lifebars? Because that is X+Y+Z. Or do you mean before shooting some kind of signature attack how everyone glows?

Also the turning frame with a red clsn box is a nod to the Goku VS Frieza fight where Goku turns and elbows Frieza's face. I wanted to add a hitdef on that but I couldn't find the state #? @17:33 - 17:40.

Thanks. I wish he was tougher like before but with the new stuff goku moves too slow now. Especially when flying... Though im happy now that i finally got my own personal and custom goku. Its just so awesome to have a dream come true like this. Mugen rocks.

My personal collection of custom mugen games is way closer now. This has been a long hobby. All and all im very pleased and i look forward to finishing the rest of my projects and full games. As well as sharing it for better or worse lol. 

I cant speak for others but i will say personally that i truly enjoy my games. Aside from all that hard work and time i end up losing...it is worth it in the end at least for me to finally have my favorite franchise come to life. 

I wish everyone could experience the same thing but i know thats very difficult since we all have different preferrences. 

Though i gotta say once again that i love my mugen games. I love to just watch sometimes and other times i love to play. Especially if i havent worked on it or played it in a long time. It feels like a new arcade fighter game release each time. Ive never been this happy before and im always usually happy but this just adds more.

We are all really lucky to have mugen. Its one of the best gamer tools ever and i cant wait to see whats next.

Thanks. I wish he was tougher like before but with the new stuff goku moves too slow now. Especially when flying... Though im happy now that i finally got my own personal and custom goku. Its just so awesome to have a dream come true like this. Mugen rocks.

My personal collection of custom mugen games is way closer now. This has been a long hobby. All and all im very pleased and i look forward to finishing the rest of my projects and full games. As well as sharing it for better or worse lol. 

I cant speak for others but i will say personally that i truly enjoy my games. Aside from all that hard work and time i end up losing...it is worth it in the end at least for me to finally have my favorite franchise come to life. 

I wish everyone could experience the same thing but i know thats very difficult since we all have different preferrences. 

Though i gotta say once again that i love my mugen games. I love to just watch sometimes and other times i love to play. Especially if i havent worked on it or played it in a long time. It feels like a new arcade fighter game release each time. Ive never been this happy before and im always usually happy but this just adds more.

We are all really lucky to have mugen. Its one of the best gamer tools ever and i cant wait to see whats next.

Likewise. Even if your Goku isn't perfect, it's VERY fun to use. I get an adrenaline rush from hearing Goku scream and grunt while doing these over-the-top moves. This breathes DBZ. This represents Goku in an op, but oddly satisfying way. The wait was definitely worth it. Thanks for the release, Ax!

Mugen has become a passion for me. That's why I feel sort of unworthy of using the great creations people make, but it's fun. I can come to Mugen and fight my sadness and frustrations away. It's a blessing.....AND IT'S FREE!

Someday, I'll contribute to the community. I actually beta-tested a character for the first time. It was really fun!

Back on topic, your Goku is on my top 3 favorite Gokus, maybe even my favorite. No, seriously (Team Z2 is a close 2nd. No offense, guys).

Thats what i love about it to in that its free. Best part as well. Its whatever and its free. 

Im glad gokus release was nostalgic. That was the first goal i stated in other threads that this would be the 90s toonami goku from way back when. 

Thats probably why hes in your top. When i was working on this though i realized there were some really awesome goku s out there. They are all awesome in their own ways and many of these including z2 motivated my work and even contributed.

They all set the bar too high so i kinda had to keep up especially against goku hr which wasnt easy. Anyway i think in the end ultimate battle 22 still beats us all lol because nothing beats the anime graphics.

Though it was fun to try.

Also loving the game is the first step to becoming a creator so i think you are on your way. No matter what just get your feet wet and try and youll get there quick. Believe me.

I believe. Thanks for the kind words. One of the reasons I love these forums so much. It's like a second home. 

I did see a lot of influence from other Gokus, including Z2. The effects you used brought instant nostalgia. 

By the way, if you don't want credit, then who should I credit in case I want to host your Goku on another site, edit him, etc? Or should I just not give credit at all?

Glad Goku is open source, though. I might actually start editing him on my spare time to learn a few things, maybe fix a bug or two. It'll be a fun project.

Can't wait for anything else you might be cooking up behind the scenes!

I'm looking at something Green for my next wip XD

I prefer no credit at all as it takes away attention from the work but if you have to, credit the inventor of Goku's manga and character, Akira Toriyama.

Good luck with DBZ, it's a real workout considering everything that goes into a Z fighter. DBZ is remarkably complex as fighters go. You'll definitely learn a lot though and I didn't get proficient until I decided to work on Mortal Kombat, which according to others is much harder for some reason? Tougher challenges tend to teach you some amazing things. Good luck!

Likewise. Even if your Goku isn't perfect, it's VERY fun to use. I get an adrenaline rush from hearing Goku scream and grunt while doing these over-the-top moves. This breathes DBZ. This represents Goku in an op, but oddly satisfying way. The wait was definitely worth it. Thanks for the release, Ax!

Mugen has become a passion for me. That's why I feel sort of unworthy of using the great creations people make, but it's fun. I can come to Mugen and fight my sadness and frustrations away. It's a blessing.....AND IT'S FREE!

Someday, I'll contribute to the community. I actually beta-tested a character for the first time. It was really fun!

Back on topic, your Goku is on my top 3 favorite Gokus, maybe even my favorite. No, seriously (Team Z2 is a close 2nd. No offense, guys).

2nd this. I just got done trying all the Z2 chars, and I just feel deflated. Im sorry yo, but they suck. They are so slow and weak, and to do a special takes too much time and bars and shit. It feels like you gotta do a algebra equation to do one hyper. Fuck that. My friend sent me a custom z2 goku who is too fire, so i thought they all were just like him. And those voices man, naw. They dont sound like the ppl from DBZ, they sound like just some dude trying to do a sad-as-fuck impression. Ew, bruh. NO.

Your Goku doesnt look as good as theirs, but it sure as shit is waaay more fun, and sounds epic. When you play him, its like you fired up a episode of the show. I havent got that in a DB game yet. If I can put Bruce Faulconer in Xenoverse its on, but till then THIS is what DB fans want.

No offense homie, but what you could steady the sprites or use DBZ EB ssj goku sprites for him?

Heh. I cant talk that but i will agree with all your points. Its hard to accept a different voice and no one wants to wait that long for an attack. I focused on that point because i noticed this issue in many other dbz characters to. Seems only mugendream dbz noticed this issue for some of their stuff.

I caught onto this to in dbz budokai in that the attacks took too long as well. To be fair though the attacks took long in the anime but this is an issue when creating a fighter. 

I wouldnt say suck but just different and for another preference. Again i owe a lot to those guys as well as others. I couldnt do mine if it wasnt for theirs and others. Any way their goal was for capcom.

For the record i have nothing against any of them. I just disagree with some of their principles. Thats all.

As for this goku s sprites...no offense non taken and the problem is im terrible at making stuff fluid. Im no good at it. I dont have it in me to replace everything either because goku has exhausted me at this point unfortunately and i also prefer goku more torn to. But for anyone interested in swapping him out there then please do. This goku is all yours.

@ Amidweiz,

Okay, I cleaned up the clsn based on Gokuz2. I removed all the blue boxes over the attacks. The aerial C projectile has been fixed, it shouldn't debug flood anymore though my ctrl+c doesn't work so I cant check it out exactly. I fixed the super/hyper that had no damage, it now does damage. I don't know how i missed that one :P

The opponent no longer glitches when grabbed in that fast fight thing. I removed a lot of the opponents fighting back so it's not as exciting but at least it should work better. I haven't tested against too many so it might fail...

As for the rest, you're gonna have to explain to me how to fix this stuff because I have no idea how to do it and some stuff I never even heard of. What do you mean by head? Did you mean fall recover rather than air recover because I set that to 0 but i doubt that's what you meant?

re-uploaded and ready!

Ax you still up for those Intros and endings?

maybe. Its not much of a Priority since the fullgame hasnt been done yet.. Ill look into it when i get my hands on a laptop again. I might have everything rEady for you.

• 5 weeks later...