Ask D The Red Cloak

D The Red Cloak

How did you find out about mugen?

What is your favorite character that you created?

I think it was around the time I was in High School. I was really into pokemon then, and I was looking for videos of Missingno. And I found a video of Mike's Missingno fighting another character and I was intrigued by this so I looked up these "Mugen" videos and I was blown away by the idea of creating your own fighter without some game that you get from a big company like Namco.

Hmm. That's a bit of a tough question, because I like all but one of my characters all the same.

How did you came up with the idea of Bunny Tracy and Street Fighter IV NES Remake in general?

What was your first bootleg fighting game?

Favorite and least favorite Street Fighter character and why?

Favorite and least favorite KOF/SNK fighter character and why?

Do you even play doujin fighters? If yes, which ones?

Favorite MUGEN creation that is not yours and why?

What is your most ambitious MUGEN idea you haven't created yet?

How did you came up with the idea of Bunny Tracy and Street Fighter IV NES Remake in general?

What was your first bootleg fighting game?

Favorite and least favorite Street Fighter character and why?

Favorite and least favorite KOF/SNK fighter character and why?

Do you even play doujin fighters? If yes, which ones?

Favorite MUGEN creation that is not yours and why?

What is your most ambitious MUGEN idea you haven't created yet?

I got the idea from MelvanainChains' Musashi. I was curious about the character so I looked it up and liked what i saw. When I did Bunny Tracy I was thinking of doing it like how Melvana did it, but I didn't want to come across as a copycat, so I did my own thing with her. For the Remake, I enjoyed working on Bunny so much that I thought of doing the rest. It wasn't going to be a full game like it is now, just a set of characters with the style they have.

My first Bootleg game? Well to be honest I didn't know that much about bootleg games until I started working on Bunny Tracy, So I haven't really played them until I found out about how to get them. So Far I've tried Street Heroes and I recently got Xing Ji Wu Shi - Super Fighter, that one SF clone whose characters were replaced with aliens and cyborgs.

My Favorite Street Fighter character: That depends, if it's Street Fighter as a whole I'd go with Skullomania, though Necro is a close second. I'm a big fan of Halloween and Skullomania is basically Halloween in physical form. Fun, looks cool and has a great personality.

Least favorite SF character: I felt pretty meh about most of the characters, so their isn't a character that I hate.

No, I haven't played a Doujin game.

Favorite KOF/SNK character: Terry Bogard. I don't have a good reason why, but something about him just appealed to me.

Least favorite KOF/SNK character: Like the SF characters, I feel pretty Meh about alot of them, but none of them really made me see red anytime I see them.

Favorite MUGEN creation that's not mine: I have characters that I enjoy but none that I will say is my absolute favorite.

My most ambitious Mugen idea(s): That's a bit of a toss-up between a fully realized version of my OC character, a complete remake of my very first character Mechagodzilla, and a complete remake of a really cheap character into a more balanced form such as Himan Zellode and GooGoo64's Kinyo Roadshow.

I have another question.

If you could collaborate with any mugen author who would be your choice and why?

I don't know. I don't think I have a high enough profile to do collabs with some of the more famous mugenites. But if anyone of them wanted to do a collab with me, I'd probably do it.

Would you be willing to have my cooperation as a coder for a portion of possible one of your Bootleg remakes?

I would be delighted. :)

Which character would that be?

My very first character Mechagodzilla. It was at a point where I had absolutely no clue how to make a proper character and when he was released, he got slammed. I tried to fix it as much as I could at the time, but it just kept getting worse. I felt so overwhelmed that I stopped doing anything Mugen related for weeks. When I decided to try again, I did the smart thing and looked through every MUGEN character tutorial I could find, practicing on KFM. and with all that work, I did The Shadow, who was a hundred times better then Mechagodzilla. That's why one of the characters I want to do is a from the ground up complete redux of Mechagodzilla.

Here's my couple of questions:

- Which genres of music you like and who's your favorite band?

- I see that you're in horror stuff,so have you ever had a dream to make a horror movie or a game?

- What do you think about the guys who use pots style and which one of them are creative? (if this is not your really great question,I'll ask about your thoughts on that style)

- Favorite books,cartoons from childhood,movies and animals?

That's all.

Here's my couple of questions:

- Which genres of music you like and who's your favorite band?

- I see that you're in horror stuff,so have you ever had a dream to make a horror movie or a game?

- What do you think about the guys who use pots style and which one of them are creative? (if this is not your really great question,I'll ask about your thoughts on that style)

- Favorite books,cartoons from childhood,movies and animals?

That's all.

Well I like just about any music if it interests me, but the ones that I like the most are the different subgenres of Rock such as Classic, Metal and Symphonic. My favorite band: Well I have a few favorites, they are Rhapsody of Fire, Sum 41, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Austrian Death Machine & Nickleback, and those are just a few.

I do imagine from time to time about making a horror movie or game.

I think that it's an alright style, but It's being used so often that it doesn't feel all that special anymore.

In order:

-Books: I have a huge collection of books, so it's hard to pinpoint my absolute favorite.

-Cartoons from my childhood: The big one that I enjoy the most is Ed, Edd, n Eddy. Mostly because I too was considered that weird kid in school and could relate to their need to be accepted and successful. They were essencially the Three Stooges before I heard about the Three Stooges.

-Movies: I basicly like any b-movie, silent film, films with steampunk in them, movies involving giant monsters & mad science and any movie that had Ray Harryhausen's work in it.

-Animals: Wolves, Bats, Seals & Kaijus in general. :)

• 3 months later...

Two trains, Train A and Train B, simultaneously depart Station A and Station B. Station A and Station B are 252.5 miles apart from each other. Train A is moving at 124.7mph towards Station B, and Train B is moving at 253.5mph towards Station A. If both trains departed at 10:00AM and it is now 10:08, how much longer until both trains pass each other?

• A) 31.054 minutes
  • B) 16.232 minutes
  • C) 32.049 minutes
  • D) 32.058 minutes

(This is also a reference to something, you probably don't know what though)

Two trains, Train A and Train B, simultaneously depart Station A and Station B. Station A and Station B are 252.5 miles apart from each other. Train A is moving at 124.7mph towards Station B, and Train B is moving at 253.5mph towards Station A. If both trains departed at 10:00AM and it is now 10:08, how much longer until both trains pass each other?

• A) 31.054 minutes
  • B) 16.232 minutes
  • C) 32.049 minutes
  • D) 32.058 minutes

(This is also a reference to something, you probably don't know what though)

None of the Above, because they would collide with one another in a jagged tangled mess of a crash and won't pass each other. :)

Nah I'm just kiddin' ya It's D.

is this a trick just to increase your post count?

also Your the red Cloak, I'm the Red Knight. who beats who?!

No, Just something that I did because I was bored and I saw other users do similar topics.

To answer your question, neither, because I'm not interested in beating anybody at the moment.

I completely forgot about that. :( Sorry.

Then good sir *slaps you with glove* I challenge you to a duel!

when your ready.

Very well then, *Slaps you back with a pool noodle* I accept your challenge.

So, How do you want to do this?

The Mugen way where we use our personal characters to fight i.e. both of us make a video of My OC character vs your Serena Corsair?