Ranks!

Ryon

If someone have or have not noticed.

The Ranks are gone!

So I'm gonna let you all decide what our new ranks should be. (The Level Idea was ok but i was going thru a phase, plus it made people spam alot lol)

So please by all means tell me what you all think should be Rank titles.

We'll make this into a poll when its all said and done.

So far we have

Casuals
Newbies
Contributors
Rookies
Noob
Casual
Mugenite
MFFA-er
MFFA Hero
MFFA Icon
Royalty
MFFA Beginner
MFFA Veteren
MFFA Contributer
MFFA Legend
MFFA Vault Hunter
Family
Champion
God
10 - Noob
25 - Greenhorn  
50 - Rookie
100 - Mugenite
200 - Warrior
400 - Ninja
600 - Master
800 - Grand Master
1,000 - MFFA Veteran  
1,500 - MFFA Icon
2,000 - MFFA Champion
2,500 - MFFA Royalty
3,000 - MFFA Ancient
4,000 - MFFA God
5,000 - MFFA Boss

MFFA Beginner: For the rookies and newbies that are starting out here.

MFFA Veteran: For those that have been around for a bit.

MFFA Contributor: For those that have contributed to the community, whether it be palette making or the creation of stages and/or characters in general.

MFFA Legend: Given to those that have retired from making content, or have taken  semi-retirement, but still pop up in our community every now and then.

MFFA Vault Hunter: Given to those who find rare and near impossible to find content related to MUGEN.

MFFA Beginner: For the rookies and newbies that are starting out here.

MFFA Veteran: For those that have been around for a bit.

MFFA Contributor: For those that have contributed to the community, whether it be palette making or the creation of stages and/or characters in general.

MFFA Legend: Given to those that have retired from making content, or have taken  semi-retirement, but still pop up in our community every now and then.

MFFA Vault Hunter: Given to those who find rare and near impossible to find content related to MUGEN.

I believe Ryon is still referring to post count, meaning users will still change rank based on their current post count, but in a more discrete/spaced out way than the level system.

I kind of liked the levels, but I guess there is a need for titles that are names instead of going by levels. Maybe starting from something like Lurker if you have no posts, to Greenhorn if you make a post, and then going all the way up to Sage or something. Not sure what to fill in the rest with, however.

I think the "evaluator" rank kind of needs to go. I mean it's good as a rank (cause feedbacking creations and stuff), but honestly, who as an "evaluator" is still alive besides me?

Other than that, I guess other ranks will do. Just wondering if this also tends to something both Mugen based and forum based. Like.. Create something for Mugen, show support for the forum, be a long time veteran here, feedback what's wrong, etc.

The ranks are based on post count. NOT values.

but at 10000 posts, You SHOULD be Family.

So far I have these.
Casuals
Newbies
Contributors
Rookies
Noob
Casual
Mugenite
MFFA-er
MFFA Hero
MFFA Icon
Royalty
MFFA Beginner
MFFA Veteren
MFFA Contributer
MFFA Legend
MFFA Vault Hunter
Family
Champion
God

I'd say let the post count speak for itself.  If the number of a members posts is displayed below their name, I don't see a reason to add an additional title based solely on post count as well.  Seems a bit redundant.

I'm in favor of a sort of "title + rank" system, with requirements to earn them.  Sort of make becoming a
mugen creator and reputable forum member like a game in and of itself. I know it's a bit lofty, but I think it
would really provide some good incentives for people to create content.  Not to mention a lot of other benefits.

So here's an example of what I'm thinking. Create a topic with a list similar to this:

__/ 1) Character Creator   
Bronze = create 1 playable character (not a sprite swap, that would be an edit)
Silver = create 3 playable characters
Gold = create 5 playable characters
Platinum = create 10 playable characters

__/ 2) Stage Creator
Bronze = create a decent stage
Silver = create 5 stages
Gold = create 15 stages
Platinum = create 50 stages

__/ 3) Tech Savvy Creator
Bronze = create a character with an air throw and a high res stage with super jump.
Silver = create a character with hunter chain combo system and a stage with parallax.
Gold = create a character with a parry or alpha counter and a stage with zoom.
Platinum = create a character with

__/ 4) Content Editor
Bronze = remove all bugs from 3 existing characters
Silver = properly align the animations and clsns for 3 existing "misaligned" characters
Gold = add one hyper and one special to 3 existing characters and add zoom to 3 existing stages
Platinum =

__/ 5) Sprite Artist
Bronze = Create a set of 12 sprite edits
Silver = Sprite a new attack for an existing character
Gold = Hand sprite an entire character
Platinum = Hand sprite 3 characters

__/ 6) Mugen Sensei
Bronze = Answer 5 help topics (correctly)
Silver = Answer 15 help topics
Gold = Make a contribution to the code library and answer 25 help topics
Platinum = Make a tutorial and answer 50 help topics

__/ 7) Palette Master
Bronze = Create 5 complete palette sets (6 or 12? palettes) for different existing characters
Silver = Create 25 complete palette sets for existing characters
Gold = Color separate a character and create 50 complete palette sets
Platinum = Color separate 3 characters and create 100 complete palette sets

__/ 8) Portrait Artist
Bronze = Create 5 large or small portraits
Silver = Create 25 large portraits
Gold = Create 50 large and 25 small or custom portraits
Platinum = Create 100 large portraits, at least 25 of which are custom

__/ 9) Social Sage
Bronze = Peacefully defuse 3 conflicts
Silver = Earn 150 reputation points  
Gold = Go 500 posts without getting any warning points (starting whenever)
Platinum = Get nominated and have 5 supporting votes

Logistics:  Create a thread where people can submit links for review if they think they've earned a particular title or rank,
or if they think someone else has.  Start the topic off by saying "Review may take some time, please be patient." Leave
it public and let the forum members verify and discuss whether or not they think the person should earn it.  If they think their claims are valid, or "the characters/stages/portraits they created are sufficient" etc. then they
can tag an admin in a post and ask to have it the title/rank added.  Sort of a democracy, so people would know that if a person has a title they actually earned it, they didn't just minimally fulfill some requirements.  Not to mention it would disperse the "work" of validating claims to many people so no one would have to do all of it.     

Display: Have a small icon for each title sort of like a trophy that appears under the members avatar.  The trophy's color would be determined by the rank as described above. Hovering the mouse over the trophy would give the text (Character Creator, etc).

Steps:  First thing would be to start a thread and let people discuss what they think the qualifications for
different ranks should be, as well as what titles should exist altogether.  Then let people create, submit and
vote on trophy icons.  Once the titles and level requirements are set, and the icons are created, open up the
"promotion democracy" thread, and let people have at it. 

EDIT:

For an additional rank based on post number my suggestions would be:
10 - Noob
25 - Greenhorn  
50 - Rookie
100 - Mugenite
200 - Warrior
400 - Ninja
600 - Master
800 - Grand Master
1,000 - MFFA Veteran  
1,500 - MFFA Icon
2,000 - MFFA Champion
2,500 - MFFA Royalty
3,000 - MFFA Ancient
4,000 - MFFA God
5,000 - MFFA Boss

The idea of special titles is pretty cool too "Vault Hunter", "Legend", "Peace Keeper", "Administrator" / "Moderator" of course etc.

I'd say let the post count speak for itself.  If the number of a members posts is displayed below their name, I don't see a reason to add an additional title based solely on post count as well.  Seems a bit redundant.

I'm in favor of a sort of "title + rank" system, with requirements to earn them.  Sort of make becoming a
mugen creator and reputable forum member like a game in and of itself. I know it's a bit lofty, but I think it
would really provide some good incentives for people to create content.  Not to mention a lot of other benefits.

So here's an example of what I'm thinking. Create a topic with a list similar to this:

__/ 1) Character Creator   

__/ 2) Stage Creator
Silver = create 5 stages
Gold = create 15 stages

Bronze = create a character with an air throw and a high res stage with super jump.
Silver = create a character with hunter chain combo system and a stage with parallax.

__/ 4) Content Editor
Silver = properly align the animations and clsns for 3 existing "misaligned" characters
Gold = add one hyper and one special to 3 existing characters and add zoom to 3 existing stages
Platinum =

__/ 5) Sprite Artist

__/ 6) Mugen Sensei

__/ 7) Palette Master
Bronze = Create 5 complete palette sets (6 or 12? palettes) for different existing characters

__/ 8) Portrait Artist

__/ 9) Social Sage

Logistics:  Create a thread where people can submit links for review if they think they've earned a particular title or rank,
or if they think someone else has.  Start the topic off by saying "Review may take some time, please be patient." Leave
it public and let the forum members verify and discuss whether or not they think the person should earn it.  If they think their claims are valid, or "the characters/stages/portraits they created are sufficient" etc. then they
can tag an admin in a post and ask to have it the title/rank added.  Sort of a democracy, so people would know that if a person has a title they actually earned it, they didn't just minimally fulfill some requirements.  Not to mention it would disperse the "work" of validating claims to many people so no one would have to do all of it.     

Display: Have a small icon for each title sort of like a trophy that appears under the members avatar.  The trophy's color would be determined by the rank as described above. Hovering the mouse over the trophy would give the text (Character Creator, etc).

Steps:  First thing would be to start a thread and let people discuss what they think the qualifications for
different ranks should be, as well as what titles should exist altogether.  Then let people create, submit and
vote on trophy icons.  Once the titles and level requirements are set, and the icons are created, open up the

wow thats a legit for me :v

__/ 1) Character Creator   

__/ 2) Stage Creator
Silver = create 5 stages
Gold = create 15 stages

__/ 4) Content Editor
Platinum =

__/ 5) Sprite Artist

__/ 6) Mugen Sensei

__/ 7) Palette Master

__/ 8) Portrait Artist

__/ 9) Social Sage

EDIT:

10 - Noob
25 - Greenhorn  
50 - Rookie
100 - Mugenite
200 - Warrior
400 - Ninja
600 - Master
800 - Grand Master
1,000 - MFFA Veteran  
1,500 - MFFA Icon
2,000 - MFFA Champion
2,500 - MFFA Royalty
3,000 - MFFA Ancient
4,000 - MFFA God
5,000 - MFFA Boss

The idea of special titles is pretty cool too "Vault Hunter", "Legend", "Peace Keeper", "Administrator" / "Moderator" of course etc.

That's perfect! We should do that.

That is Perfect..But too much regarding just posts [we are talking about posts right]
Though this list of titles based on Posts looks great to me.
10 - Noob
25 - Greenhorn  
50 - Rookie
100 - Mugenite
200 - Warrior
400 - Ninja
600 - Master
800 - Grand Master
1,000 - MFFA Veteran  
1,500 - MFFA Icon
2,000 - MFFA Champion
2,500 - MFFA Royalty
3,000 - MFFA Ancient
4,000 - MFFA God
5,000 - MFFA Boss

@ RobotMonkeyHead , As good as your idea sounds, its a tiny bit flawed.

In the event that i've made 3 characters 5 stages, coded a parry, and helped people. What would I get?

Our system here is not my on mugen guild where they can give you an additional rank on top of your post.

we are strictly sticking to post counts here.

@ RobotMonkeyHead , As good as your idea sounds, its a tiny bit flawed.

In the event that i've made 3 characters 5 stages, coded a parry, and helped people. What would I get?

Our system here is not my on mugen guild where they can give you an additional rank on top of your post.

we are strictly sticking to post counts here.

I'm not sure whether you're saying the idea is impossible to implement because of software limitations, or because of the logic behind it.  I can almost certainly assure you the logic is fine. In the event that you created 3 characters, 5 stages, one of your characters had a parry, and you helped more than 5 people in the help section, meaning they marked your answer as solving their problem, and all of your contributions passed the "democracy test" in the promotions thread you would get the following ranks and titles:

* Silver Rank Character Creator (silver character creator trophy icon under your avatar, or in your profile, or wherever the software allows) for creating 3 playable characters

* Silver Rank Stage Creator for creating 5 working stages

* No Tech Savvy rank because a parry is a gold rank requirement and you had not yet coded the things required for bronze or silver ranking.  Plus none of your stages had zoom which is the other gold rank requirement.

* Bronze Rank Mugen Sensei for solving 5 questions in the help section.

I'll admit some of the values required to earn certain ranks seem a little silly, like 5 stages for silver stage creator, but it's just an example list.  A thread to discuss the specific requirements for each rank would be definitely be a good idea.

I'm not sure if the new software would allow you to put icons under a members avatar, but... here's another long shot... it definitely lets you put text there, like where it says your administrator rank.  Would it be possible to make a custom font that Is in fact the trophy icon set?  Sort of like the stage preview work around that some screen packs use.  See how it says administrator twice under your name,  once in a red regular font then once in a big ornate font?  Maybe you could replace the big ornate font with the trophy font set, and  use the regular red letter font to display the rank that's based on post count.