MFFA's Character of the Month: May 2015 (Nominations)

RicePigeon

Alright, so CotM didn't go so well last time so we'll try again. This time around, the requirement to include a description explaining your reasoning has been abolished, as I feel this dissuaded people from participating last time. This requirement was originally introduced as a form of quality control, to ensure that nominations were well thought out and that characters who actually deserved a chance to be called CotM were the ones that were nominated. In the interests of quality control, however, we are implementing two new stipulations; the number of characters you can nominate has been reduced from 5 to 4, and there is now an appeal process for rejecting candidacy, which is explained in the rules below.

The Character of the Month selection will be done in two phases: Nominations and Voting

Nominations & Voting Rules

• You may nominate up to 4 characters per month.
  • You may only nominate a character that was released and/or updated during the given month.
  • You cannot nominate characters that have previously won Character of the Month.
  • Be specific as to which character you are nominating; include both the name and the author name and, if applicable, the release thread of the character.
  • To make things easier, we suggest that you append the number of nominations that the character has, including your own, when you make your nominations.
  • Characters that have been nominated by at least 4 different people will become candidates for voting. Candidates for voting cannot be nominated any more (as there is no real purpose to this)
  • Voting begins 15 days after the nomination period began, or once 20 characters have been nominated as candidates.
  • The voting period lasts for 15 days. The winner will be announced at the end of this period.
  • During this time, you will be permitted to vote for as many of the candidates as you want, but we strongly urge you to vote only for those characters that you actually want to see as CotM.
  • You may choose to nominate a candidacy rejection. Candidacy rejections can only be done on characters that have obtained at least 4 nominations for CotM. When nominating a candidacy rejection, you MUST list the reason(s) why you believe that the character should not be in the list of candidates. Note that if we, the staff of MFFA, feel that your reason for candidacy rejection is not adequate enough, we have the right to reject your nomination for candidacy rejection. At least four (4) valid nominations for candidacy rejection are required for a character to be removed from the list of candidates. You can only make one nomination for candidacy rejection per month, which also counts towards your 4 nomination limit.
  • No collusion of any kind. If we find out that anyone has conspired with other users to nominate characters for the sole purpose of preventing another character from being nominated as a candidate by flooding the list of candidates until it reaches maximum capacity, those nominations will be null and void and all parties involved will be banned from participating in future CotM.

That being said, May 2015 Nominations will end on June 15th, 2015.

Candidates:

Nominees:

Nominating Eirin Yagokoro (myself) and Patoelietoe (Daniel9999999)

Candidates:

• None (yet)

Nominees:

• by Алексей - 3
  • Lilith by YamoriX - 1
  • Eirin Yagokoro by Ricepigeon - 1
  • Patoelietoe by Daniel9999999 - 1

My choices:

1. Red Ranger by Алексей - 4

2. Shizuo by Websta - 5

3. Unber by The Magic Toaster  - 4

4. Lilith by YamoriX - 5

I was going to also say Eirin Yagokoro by Ricepigeon but we can only Nominate 4 characters  i see. Forgive me... :-(

Dude.. The maximum number of votes for a char is 4, not 5. Read the rules next time.

Also, Shizuo is already nominated (and so is Lilith, since she has 4 votes).

Dude.. The maximum number of votes for a char is 4, not 5. Read the rules next time.

Also, Shizuo is already nominated (and so is Lilith, since she has 4 votes).

Oh.. mybad...... thanks! I will fix that up then.....

[Edit post]

...Corrected..

So the candidates so far

Candidates:

• by Ricepigeon
  • by Yamori
  • Majin Vegeta by Z2 team
  • Patoelietoe by Daniel9999999
  • by Алексей
  • by Websta
  • by The Magic Toaster

Nominees:

• Gigan by Dr. T - 2
  • Hotaru Futaba by Vans - 2
  • Babidi by Z2 Team - 1
  • Mech Hisui 404 by Sennou-Room - 1
  • by RoySquadRocks - 1
  • by WlanmaniaX - 1
  • Silver Samurai by Ralohnir - 1
  • Robert Garcia by Ikaruga - 1

My choice for nominee characters are:

1. Ryo Sakazaki by Ikaruga - 3
2. Shin Mr.Karate by Jin - 4
3. Linn Kurosawa by Tin - 4
4. SSJ3 Son Gokou by SANKITI - 4

None of these characters were nominated yet, so these will be their first nominations

The timestamp says June 3rd. Do you have evidence of May updates? If not, then Scooby isn't eligible.

Also we're missing links for the following characters;

• Ryo Sakazaki by Ikaruga - 1
  • Shin Mr.Karate by Jin - 1
  • Linn Kurosawa by Tin - 1
  • SSJ3 Son Gokou by SANKITI - 1

This is a reminder that the character you are nominating must have received a release or a update in the month of May or else the character is not eligible. The above four shall be removed from the list of nominees until such links can be provided